Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract The Big Swipe

THE BIG SWIPE

7bbb015feacc92ca1ab46f6bbe98f53e.png

The neon-lit streets of Nar Shaddaa stretch out before you, a maze of towering skyscrapers and bustling crowds. The air is thick with the scent of exotic spices and the distant hum of speeder engines. As you navigate through the labyrinthine alleys and corridors of the lower levels, you can't shake the feeling of being watched, of unseen eyes tracking your every move.

Finally, you arrive at your destination: Sakko the Hutt's palace, a sprawling fortress of durasteel and stone. Guarded by a small army of mercenaries and automated security systems, the palace looms ominously before you, its imposing facade a stark reminder of the power and influence wielded by its owner.

You take a moment to gather your thoughts and review your plan. Inside Sakko's palace lies the prize you've been hired to steal: a prized artefact in the shape of a cube, rumored to contain forbidden knowledge. But retrieving it won't be easy. Sakko's defenses are formidable, and one wrong move could spell disaster.

A holo-transmission from your mysterious employer flickers on your datapads:

The vault is located in the lower levels of the palace.

A small flame ignited the end of the Zeltron's cigarette.

Tucked away in the alley, Keys looked out upon the grand palace that stood before them. Out of his mouth blew a small cloud of smoke. Here was here for one thing and one thing alone: Credits. Rough times have fallen upon the man. It was not cheap to travel all across the galaxy, especially when you are a wanted man. That is why he ended up taking one job to the next. Whatever helped keep him out of trouble and put food on his table.

Standing out in front of the Hutt's fortress was a multitude of guards. And those were just the ones that he could see from here. There was no telling what other defenses laid inside. This "cube" they were after was said to be heavily protected. No clue what it was, but it was obviously important to the Hutt, along with their contractor. Taking one final drag from his cigarette, the man tossed the cigarette onto the ground, stomping it with his foot.

"Well y'all, got any ideas? I don't think goin' in guns-a-blazing is the best idea. I could lay on my 'Zeltron charm,' that always seems to work."

Keys turned back to the others. Both of them were names unknown to him, but that didn't matter. As long as they tried not to get him killed, he could care less who they were. All that mattered as that cube inside.

pbOHdsT.png

Xander had just finished cleaning his blasters while leaning against the wall of the alley he and his fellow hires were currently in. He looked out at the Hutt's fortress which currently held their prize: The Cube their employer wanted. He never asked why, ne never needed to care. All he knew was that he would be in for a nice payday upon the completion of their job.

He was then snapped out of his thoughts as the Zeltron asked him and their fellow hire if they had any ideas on how they were going to get in. He was about to look back at the fortress to judge it for himself, but was distracted by the last part of the sentence.

"What is the 'Zeltron Charm'? Actually, you know what, don't answer that. In hindsight, I don't think I want to know."

He continued to analyse the fortress, noting how there weren't many opportunities to get inside, mostly due to automatic defences. Xander then looked back at the group, looking like he was about to provide an answer: he didn't.

"Yeah, I got nothing. I mean, if you want to try your quote unquote 'charms' to get us inside, it may be fun to see the results. Unless, of course, you have an idea to get inside?"

He directed his last question towards the third member of their group, wondering if they had an idea to get inside.

Keys Keys
Sinestra Sinestra
Nej Tane Nej Tane

Nej-more-1.jpg

Nej thought for a moment, the idea of how to get inside was usually the most important part of the score. But truthfully, the even bigger part of the score, was the getting out part. His mind was wandering to that possibility. He snapped back to focusing when the other two were speaking.

He thought out loud when it came to the palace above.

"So if the palace is above... and the vaults a vault, right? Below. I say we go under, through the underbelly and maintenance tunnels, blow and drill the vault from below. No need for schmoozing or risking getting caught, just a drill and a little bit of digging."

Or, Nej's other, really, really, really stupid plan.

"I also have another great plan."

Xander Draith Xander Draith l Keys Keys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom