Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The beginning of a new life.

• Thread starter Aelavin Dryearlylth
  • Start date

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
Moving was not so fun. It has been three days since my departure with my Parents. I carried a bag with me as I was moved to the dorms that housed the well known and respected Angelii. I had come here to learn more about who I really was. As a child my father taught me simple fighting tactics, but as I learned I excelled more in hand to hand combat, I knew that I wanted to become an Angelii. The change for me was not that hard really. I was used to living on my own. My mom was out doing work for the government and my Father was always in his shop fixing something or making something.

I knew that I was alittle snarky and knew that I had to change some of that to be accepted into the Angelii. They wanted all rules to be followed. And I would do my best to follow, but I knew that I might slip up. I still had to try. Even with all of this, A wealthy family, a father that was good to me, and a one shot to the Angelii. I just hoped that I didn't screw this up.

While others around me were dressed in bright greens, blues, and other colors that I couldn't even name, as they were completely different than the standard. I wore black. Every thing on my body was black. My kneehigh, flatfooted boots were jet black and almost glossy. Pants that were tight on my thighs, hips and calfs. Lighter black, but still black. My spaghetti strap top was black and hugged my body features as the front was folded into my belt, Showing off the gunsmith black belt buckle that had cross swords as the detail that my father had made for me.

The only thing that was not black was my skin, eyes, and hair. Speaking of my hair. My hand moved to push back the rogue strands of hair in front of my face to be behind my pointy ears. I then grabbed a clip from by back pocket and placed it in my hair to prevent the wind or my moving to move it out of place. Stopping I looked around. Realizing that I was not lost. I gave myself a facepalm. I pulled my bag from my back and started to look inside for the map that I was given of the place.

Only I couldn't find it.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Aelavin Dryearlylth"]

Down in the Angelii barracks, the new recruits and drafts were being ‘inducted’, which was another word for shouted at.
A tall and muscular female Wing Leader was striding around, rounding up the new recruits.
“Move it, you lot! Get into line!” She saw the young girl looking lost and strode over. “You! Join the line!” she ordered Aelavin loudly. The Angelii ticked names off a list, clearly recognising the youngest of the recruits.

A few dozen clicks away in the Firemane HQ, Princess Anya Venari was working when she was approached.
"Your highness?" an aide asked.
“Yes?”
“The Angelii have a new recruit. The one I mentioned to you?”
Anya considered for a moment. “The girl. Barely out of childhood, I recall. Where is she?”
“In the barracks. She’s the one with the blacksmith father.”
“Yes, I know her. I sensed potential in her. We shall have to see. Have her brought here.”

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
I was digging through my bag for a third time, getting mad at myself for losing it, I was sure to be late when I heard screaming. I looked up to see that a woman was commanding others to get into the line. She then pointed to me and demanded, and ordered me to join in the line. Picking up my bag and zipping it closed, I joined in. Looking around to see others taller and maybe larger than I. And definitely older than me.

I was considered a Child here. Being only 32 was kind of sad for me, but I had talent. I was born to fight and to protect. Even as this may be, I may be bullied for skipping a few years of schooling, or staying at home. I was ready for it. Well as ready as I will ever be.

I had a strange feeling that something was going on behind the scenes that would have me somewhere in them. I was a Child, and so I might need to have more schooling, or a talk to about my "child-like" behaviour. But, I didn't think that it really mattered about how I acted. Seeing as how I would be working closely with the Princess maybe some time soon, I would have to follow orders even if I didn't like them.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

The Wing Leader came to a halt in front of Aelavin. Her scarred face looked down at the youngling.
“Girl! You’ve been ordered to a special meeting. Go with Host Leader Saltir right now, quick march!” With this done she turned back to the rest of them. “Stand up straight you horrible monsters! I’ve seen humans with better grace!”

Saltir, the aide who had talked with the Princess earlier, was waiting by a speeder.
“Aelavin Dryearlylth?” she asked, not unkindly. “The Princess has asked to see you personally. Please take a seat and we will go at once.”

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
I looked up at the woman, probably standing at a good two meters. which was about a head and shoulders more than I was at. and told me that I was to be at a special meeting with a Host Leader. I rolled my eyes as I picked up by bag from the ground and walked out of the Barbericks. I raised my hand to cover my eyes as I walked out into the sunlight, and off to my right was a woman in a speeder. Most likely imported from the companies that had come here in the recent years.

Looking at the woman as she called me by name, and then stated that I was to meet the Princess personally. My eyebrows were raised as I wondered what she had for me. A yelling? Maybe to tell me that I was not as special as everyone was thinking. Either way, I was trying to ready myself once more. Now I was probably going to be called the Princess pet as I already had a feeling that I would have to meet with her often.

Sitting down in the speeder without a word, trying to keep my tongue in my head. I placed my bag on my lap as I sat and nodded to the Host leader. And before I could even look at the woman, we sped off towards the princess, where ever she may be.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
The Princess was waiting when they arrived. She was still working, but as Aelavin entered she rose and nodded in a friendly way.
"Aelavin? My name is Anya. I understand you are wanting to become an Angelii," she said. She didn't drop her royal title, but the girl would have known that she was the Crown Princess by her looks alone. The fact she didn't make a point of it indicated she didn't want bowing and scraping.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
Slowly the speeder came to a halt to another room where the princess would be. I looked to the Host leader. As she nodded her head, I jumped out and grabbed my bag. Walking into the room, I could see that even here, it was fit for someone who would have alot of power. As I looked to the woman inside, she was dressed finely and even by her looks, I could tell who she was. yet she still introduced herself.

Her question of becoming an Angelii was kind of redundant. However, she was probably asking to see my reaction to her. I nodded once with a straight face. "Yes, I have been wanting to become one for a long time." Really my life was probably the same amount of time this woman has had experience in fighting and training. But even then, 30+ years of my life seemed a long time to me.

I was partly tempted to start blurting out that I knew that I was rather young to be in the Angelii and that I had skipped a few grades, and that I wanted to be treated the same as the other recruits. and well, lets say that I couldn't hold myself back. "If you will excuse me, but if this is about special treatment, I don't want it. Just because I am younger than the rest, does not mean that I can't handle myself." Even after I said that, I wished that I had taken it back. but what one has said, can not be unsaid.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya was surprised by the vehemence of the girl. She was young, very young, but she had spirit, and she had intent. To Anya, these were all things that could help make a good Angelii…or conversely to ruin one.
Instead the Princess arched a delicate eyebrow. “This is not about special treatment. You will receive no more special treatment than anyone else. If you are so confident in your own skills…let me see you call on your Sciia.”
If the girl could, all the better. If she could not, it would be a lesson in humility.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
I knew very little of what the woman had in mind. In fact, I could hardly tell what she may have been up to. I kept myself silent and straightforward with the Princess. If I was here to serve her and potentially protect her life, then I had to have no skeletons in my closet.

Her response of having no special treatment was good. Though it may cause my higher ups to put in more harshly than the rest. But like right now I could care less about that. Means more training for me I guess. Only did I get a backlash from the princess as she asked for my demonstration on Sciia. The power that flowed through everything.

I knew very little and compared to some of the other cadets, I was weak. Having only a simple lifting motion. I stood there as the necklace around my throat lifted from between my breasts and to point outwards. My house key was lifted from my pocket and a few coins floated up to stay in the air.

However, they shook as I tried to keep them in the air. I hardly knew or feel how I could do such a thing. So the only reason that I flew through the ranks in my class, was my intensity of combat and my aggressive nature to fighting. I knew that even now she may come up with some spiel that I was not trained and would need to work on that. and the fact that she was probably trying to gauge me on where I was.

And no doubt hinder me from speaking back to my leaders. I really needed to work on that one.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya nodded and helped the girl retain control over the levitated items so they did not fall to the ground.
“You will grow, you will learn, my dear. You have potential, and a start, but we must build on that. I will be overseeing your training, but I will not be administering it myself most of the time. I have organised for one of the trained Angelii to take you on. Tydaes,” she called.

A tall and severe looking dark haired Eldorai emerged, clad in full armour. She was tall, even for an Eldorai female, being over six feet tall.
“I am Host Leader Tydaes. I will be training you, and you will refer to me as ‘ma’am’ or ‘Host Leader’. Am I understood?” she demanded, towering intimidatingly over the girl.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
I was okay. is basicly what she had told me. But I will learn. I HAD to learn. There was no other way. She also said that I would be learning from someone else, but she would still watch over me. GREAT! another set of eyes on my back and over my shoulder. As the over six foot tall woman walked from the side, I just had to stare.

Nodding my head and with a slight roll of my eyes I answered her. "Yes Ma'am." I said in a simple monotone voice. Even after I had said that, I knew with the way that she was already acting, I would be doing a few hundred extra laps or crunches.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya concealed a smile with effort. Snarking to a six foot tall Amazonian space-elf was not a wise move.

Tydaes unexpectedly grabbed Aelavin by one long, delicate ear, and squeezed painfully. “I did not hear you, recruit! Do you understand?!” she thundered.

Anya said nothing. The sooner the girl learned, the better. She’d had a drill master once named Cyraen, voice like a thunderbolt, fist like lightning. She’d stopped at nothing disciplining her charges, even if they were royal princesses. Silaqui had quit after two days, but Anya had kept going for the whole year before being reassigned. Being trained was hard, and it was meant to be difficult.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
Oh was I so tempted to punch the poodoo out of the lady. Even if she was taller than me, I felt that I could take her, but I decided not to, as she was armored, had weapons, and I was only wearing clothes. Despite ky ear being pulled I didn't scream or shout. In fact I looked over to the princess, I was kind of forced to, and I could see her hiding a smile.

She knew of the mistake I made, and was trying not to laugh. Gritting my words through my teeth, wanting so much just to slam the woman's teeth in, "YES, MA'AM!" My hands were balled up into fists, ready to fight, and even with this, I could feel my pendant rise from my chest, though I don't know why, I shut down everything and kept control of myself this time.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Tydaes released the tender protuberance and stepped back.
“That’s better! Now, you are training to be an Angelii. There will be no favours, there will be no mercy, there will be no slacking off. The slavers and off-worlders will not show you mercy, so I must make sure you do not expect any! Now, follow me, right now, quick march!”

Anya essayed an amused wave as Aelavin was marched off.

The young recruit was led a short distance away to an old house now abandoned. It had been partially returned to civility, but was pretty Spartan still.
“This is where you will live. There will be a night-time curfew and you will be expected to obey all my directions and commands. Do you understand?”
There was likely a universal law that said that all sergeants, regardless of species or gender, were brutal psychopaths. Or perhaps this writers has been watching too many movies.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
Someone really, REALLY liked watching war movies because the tall woman led me and basically gave me the rendition that her word was law. Night-time curfew I could deal with, The living quarters were like all the other tents, just dirtier than my fathers mouth after he slammed his finger with his hammer. I stayed straight as she spoke, and only answered her as she had told me to do so earlier.

Saying it with such venom, and sarcasum, "Yes, Ma'am."

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
"Then get yourself ready and be outside this door in five minutes, ready to work!" Tydaes snapped, stalking out.

And then it started. There were physical exercises, there were educational exercises, there were Sciiac exercises. All them were accompanied by generous bouts of Tydaes shouting, and Aelavin probably wanting to murder her.
But it worked.
Angelii were tough, they could call on their Sciia, and they were brutally effective. Though she might hate it, Aelavin would soon appreciate that it was helping....

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
As the woman walked away, I picked up my bag and walked into the tent. There were bunks for all the different Angelii that were here for training. moving to one of the empty bunks, I was about to set my stuff down when another woman walked over to me. "What do you think you are doing squirt?" I looked up to see some unnamed blonde woman who was clearly taller than me.

I set my bags down as I was looking up at her. stating that I was sleeping here. She slowly reached down, and pushed my bag off of the bed. It slumped to the floor with a slight clang. I looked down at the bag and shook my head, picking it up, I placed it on the bed to see what she would do next.

Day one, and it seemed I was already going to get into a fight.
@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
The woman, just a few years older than Aelavin, narrowed her eyes. "Listen, worm, this is my bed. You can have that one over there. Now buzz off or I'll make you!"
Bullies it seemed never changed, and their repertoire of threats never seemed to improve.
Perhaps overtaxed by speaking so much, the other girl grabbed at Aelavin's bag to deport it herself.

Aelavin Dryearlylth

A
I simply smiled at the larger woman. I was supposed to be getting ready to train, I had less than three minutes left to be out of the tent and into the training grounds or I would be dragged there by my ear again. Yet this girl knew it and wanted so much to bring me pain.

I think it's time to share some of that.

As the woman grabbed my bag I slammed down my hand on hers. Gripping her hand with my nails hard enough to draw blood. I then turned my body and sent my elbow back as I yanked forwards on her hand. Bodies tend to follow their limbs, and by pulling her and seeing my elbow back, I was not only causing a collision with my elbow to her face, but I continued to pull on her, Forcing her to bend her neck to try and avoid the elbow.

I was not going to be pushed around like fresh meat. That was a promise.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
(Apologies, been busy with the event.)

"And what is going on here?!" thundered a voice. It was our old friend Tydaes, standing there, bristling with indignation whilst the other girl clutched her nose to stop the blood pouring out.
"She...hit me!" the other cadet said. "Unprovoked!"
"Is this true?" Tydaes demanded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom