Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The battle is not over until your opponent is dead…

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
theed4_by_corvusraaf-d9nzz9v.gif

They landed in the hangar. A glance around as they landed took in the central plaza. Waterfalls thundered nearby. Their spray not doubt cools the air. The plaza is full of people. The fine crafts of Naboo are well known, the musicians, the food sellers, all the pleasures that could be bought or traded for in the centre of the great city.

But they were not there for any of that.

Darth Timoris was as aware of the strengths and weaknesses of Maul as any Sith. She had some of his memories implanted into her head for one. As an Apprentice, he was worthy, but he was never flexible. He focused on the Jedi for personal revenge. He had it drilled by way of a single-mindedness into him from an early age. His Master did not expect it would become a failing. But it did. And here was the place it became apparent.

The battle had began in the hangar they were in now. Timoris wore her hood up, they did not want to draw unnecessary attention. She could picture where he activated his double-ended lightsaber. In his hands this weapon was flawless - or so he thought.

He made the Jedi run. They had to use everything they knew and more to meet his skill. They went at him, two on one, and they could not defeat him.

The battle raged out of the hangar and into the Theed main power generator – which is the direction they now walked. It is still built with catwalks that run around many levels. Now they were alone, walking the route that became a death fight.

Maul was at his peak when he fought the Jedi. His error was of miscalculation, not weakness. A mental failing, not a physical one.

At last the battle reached a hallway of deadly laser walls. They stood there now. The force fields had separated the Jedi from Maul, and from each other. They had to wait until the walls retracted before engaging in the next stage of the battle.

And so the two Sith progressed slowly, one section at a time.

Finally they reached the spot Qui-Gon Jinn fell. As did Maul.

“Are you ready?” It was the first time she spoke to her Acolyte since they landed.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
Felran simply nodded. He had no words right now. He could feel everything, the force, the hatred, the fear, the death. Everything came at once to him in this place. Maul had been able to defeat a Jedi knight yet he was cut in half by a mere padawan. But it wasn't just any padawan Felran kept reminding himself that. It took a legendary Jedi to defeat his ancestor.

[member="Darth Timoris"]

Darth Timoris

Timoris looked around. They were in a quiet enough location and she could easily ensure her Apprentice was not disturbed.

"So? Here or somewhere else?"

She stared down the well that Maul fell down all those centuries ago. It looked much like any other machined hole - but she instinctively knew it was this one.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
[member="Darth Timoris"]

Felran thought for a moment. He let the force tell him where to do this. "This should be fine, the force is strong here. It is like I can feel the fear and hatred during the battle." He still couldn't believe he was where he ancestor fell. Where Qui Gon Jinn died. And where Kenobi started his legend.

Darth Timoris

From this point on, it was down to her Apprentice. She could observe and if she felt it was necessary, intervene. But she didn't plan to. He was competent and if he failed to produce his own saber, then he wasn't worth considering as an Apprentice.

So she turned her back on him, keeping guard. It was reasonable to help in this way at least. And she could be here for some time.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
[member="Darth Timoris"]

Felran took a deep breath and sat down. He laid all the materials he needed onto the ground and he closed his eyes. He was going to do this with the force, it was how one truly intune with it crafted their sabers. The pieces began to float into the air and slowly moved together. They then began to click together one by one, it was slow but precise.

Darth Timoris

Timoris sat and meditated. It was the best use of her time. The Force would warn her if someone was coming and meanwhile she could both rest and allow her brain to contemplate bigger issues. Being the Voice of the Dark Lord meant her problems were not concerned with duels or individuals – but planets and corporations. And of course with other Sith that vied to take her place.

But she could handle them. She’d had a great teacher. One who had fallen foul of the One Sith hierarchy – but then, who’s perfect?

So she sat and waited for her Acolyte to complete his saber. The symbolism of the place and of the design was not lost on her.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
Felran had designed his saber as he believed it should be. As the last piece fell into place Felran opened his eyes. The saberstaff fell into his lap as he opened his eyes. Felran picked it up and observed it, it was pretty good if he did say so himself. "I have finished." Felran didn't move his head as he spoke, he still has his eyes on his new saberstaff.

Sith_Assassin-02.jpg

Darth Timoris

Before Felran could prevent it - even if he had chosen to do so - the long cylinder that was his double-bladed lightsaber flew from his lap and went directly to his Master. But instead of grasping it, Timoris stopped the lightsaber in mid-flight, centimetres from her raised hand, and directed it to spin and rotate before her.

She bade the lightsaber to ignite. From each end blazed a meter-long blade of rubicund fire, hypnotic in the intensity of its burning. The free-floating weapon pivoted left, then right, eliciting a thrumming sound that was as menacing as it was rousing.

"An exquisite weapon," she said, her irises sparkling a sulphuric yellow.

She deactivated the lightsaber and sent it back to her Acolyte. "Now...training. What next for you?"

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
[member="Darth Timoris"]

Felran grabbed the saberstaff and looked at his master. "A weapon is not proven to be useful unless tested. Wouldn't you agree master?" Felran gave a devilish smile. He was going to need to test out this saber before it was worthy of being a weapon. And Felran knew just the person to test it out on.

Darth Timoris

Timoris nodded and allowed her cloak to drop to the floor. She took one of her sabers initially and took a Makashi stance.

She would test him and hi saber. One saber, two sabers, a sabre-staff and a variety of Forms. Let's see how comfortable he is with the new saber.

"Try not to die...I'd hate to waste all of that training."

And then her baby blue irises morphed yellow as she pulled the Force to her. "But I'll not hold back, so be ready."

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
Felran smiled and took of his cloak as well. He ignited the left blade and smiled at his master. He understood that Makashi would likely be his main form that he would be learning so he mimicked her stance. He looked at her with agressive eyes. "Now master. I'll be the gentlemen and let the lady go first." Felran chuckled a little before regaining his serious face.

[member="Darth Timoris"]

Darth Timoris

There was one thing and one thing only that Timoris still utilised from her time as a Jedi and even before that. Her love of ballet.

Which no doubt sounds odd for a Sith Lord, but when duelling, footwork and balance were key? What better training? So she practiced daily - as well as gym work and runs. It had served her very well so far.

She started slow...sensing and probing for weaknesses. She was turned sideways, shoulder facing her opponent. It allowed for a greater reach and given Makashi was single-handed, it allowed a strong advantage over those that stood square-on and had both hands on the hilt.

She literally skipped in and out of range, all the time circling her Acolyte. She'd stab here or flick her saber there. Nothing powerful, no significant back-swing. The aim was to hit, hit often and cause multiple small injuries. Get in and get out.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
[member="Darth Timoris"]

Felran tried his best to block the incoming attacks but the started to overwhelm him. His master was quick, he knew this too well. He decided that when he had an opening he would revert to a form that would give him better protection. When she when back to skipping he quickly took a step back and reverted to a new form. His master would know this form as Djem So, the perfect form for parrying while staying offensive.

Darth Timoris

She'd got him to change Forms. If a duellist did this through choice, it surprised the opponent. But to do so for another reason simply buoyed the opponent. Confidence was a significant factor in fighting and she was on the ascendancy already.

So she let him settle, before switching her blade to her weaker hand. She was essentially ambidextrous, but if pushed to make a decision would call her left her stronger. "You need some help," she said as she rolled her right wrist and continued to circle him. "So I'll use my right."

Dun Möch. Maul fought silently. In her mind he failed to use a potential tool. Perhaps, in his day, being a lone Sith was a shock tactic and silence was a valid tactic. Today? It simply wasted a great opportunity to weaken your opponent. With words. She might rattle him. Or distract him. Either way, it was always worth the effort - as he would learn.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Felran Natri

F
Felran merely grunted in reply. He was too focused to reply with words. She did catch him off guard though. I need help?! What the kark does that mean? He shook his head and looked back to his master, he was going to remain in this form as long as he could. No matter what she did, mentally or physically to him he would try his best to maintain the Djem So stance.

[member="Darth Timoris"]

Darth Timoris

Many Acolytes could not focus on fighting and speaking at the same time. She was no different when she started. She used to pretend it was a stoic silence. She never liked to lose face.

Even now.

She continued to taunt him and throw out her saber - dancing in and out of range. Her intentions were simple. To target his legs, arms and ribs. No major damage, just repetitive niggling burns. If and when she could see she'd either rattled or tired him, she would switch. But not before.

[member="Felran Natri"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom