Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Basics of Life (Phylis)

Izzy nodded and followed Phylis onward. This time they headed into the shaded area and to the cave. The girl's eyes glistened with curiosity still. Seeing the beauty of the cave and the water down below make her smile a little. Something about the cave felt warm and comfortable to her.

"It does look nice. There's also a feeling of warmth and comfort as well. It's a little odd." It seemed like the Force might be present in this place. And well, with rumors of healing properties of the waters it was possible. "I feel like I could stay here forever, and be happy." That was the feelings she was gaining through the force in this place.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“Take off your shoes and stand in the shallows if you wish. You need not go deeper. Indeed it would be better if you did not.”
The water would feel very cool and refreshing, even invigorating.

Phylis used the Force to make the water move and form in simple but cute little shapes. Here a little dolphin, there a fish made of water. She seemed to be having fun even if Izzy wasn’t!

Izzy eagerly took off her shoes and stepped a little cautiously into the waters. Nothing had felt quite that good to her. It was so refreshing, so rejuvenating. The girl grinned brightly watching the show that Phylis was putting on. "I ... I love it here. I feel like I could stay here forever and be so happy and content."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“Yes, it is beautiful. The pyramid yonder is partly responsible. The Force permeates this place strongly, creating a nexus of energy. The waters are refreshing, and help with healing, but they lose their potency once you leave here. Armies have fought wars over this place, ironic really.”

Phylis knelt down and took a sip. “Don’t drink too much, it is quite potent. But you’ll feel the healing energies…it should clear your mind from the pyramid.”

Izzy nodded, "What would make the force so strong in this place? Surely there was a cause or reason." Her little mind at work, wondering and ever curious.

Following Phylis' lead, Izzy knelt down and cupped her hands in the water, to get herself a small drink of the waters. The power was unmistakable, quickly soothing the headache that had remained behind from touching the temple. She felt remarkably better. "Oh now that feels great." She said happily, a little amazed.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“Hmm, like I said, I suspect the pyramid has some part, but natural nexuses do appear. Hmmph, it might just be coincidence, but I don’t believe that. Certainly there is a reason, but I know not what it is.”

She held out her hand to the girl. “Are you ready, dear? Feeling better?”

She nodded, "It does make some sense. I'm just quite curious as to the reason. Well curious in general. And I don't think it's a coincidence either."

Slowly she reached up, and took Phylis' hand to help pull herself to her feet. "Yes, I am ready. What shall we do now?"

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“Hmm, well, I think this is enough excitement for one day. We should return to the ship. I have some lessons for you to complete whilst I do some more research. Tomorrow we can investigate some ruins near here.”

As they exited the cave though it seemed their hope of a quiet afternoon would be dashed. Waiting for them at the bottom of the path was a collection of armed individuals. They were armed with a variety of edged weapons and primitive gunpowder firearms.

Phylis frowned. “Izzy, stay behind me, don’t try and be brave. I will try to make them leave diplomatically. If not, hmm, I may need to be undiplomatic.”

Izzy smiled sweetly and nodded as she stepped out of the waters. They'd had a long day already and much had been experienced. Her curious mind still wondered at many things but those thoughts would have to wait until later. The trip had been quite educational to the young girl. Especially educational in why you don't touch temple stones that talk to you. Because that can't ever end well.

Side by side she walked along with Phylis out of the cave. Her eyes widened slightly seeing what was waiting for them both. She took in a sharp anxious breath. Sure she'd met plenty of teenage thugs on the streets but most of them never carried much to speak of for weapons. She took a tentative step back and behind Phylis while her hand almost instinctively dropped to the saber on her belt. Though she made no move beyond laying her fingers against it. "I have a bad feeling about this." She whispered quietly.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Phylis reflected that the Dark Side really was the quick and easy path. A Sith or even [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] would have no compunction in dealing fiercely with these people.
Still, she would not have it any other way.

As she approached the bandit’s muskets came up and tulwars and other blades were readied.
“Greetings, fine lady!” one said, leering. “These lands are dangerous for you. Perhaps we can offer you some…protection?”

Phylis gazed between them. Though it was not her job to enforce law and order she had the care of Izzy to consider.

“How much?” she asked.

The leader seemed to consider, then grinned. “Fifty silver pieces. Or your daughter. Maybe both!”

Phylis glanced back at Izzy. “That is unacceptable. I suggest you leave at once.” A quick gesture of her hand. “You do not want to rob us. You want to leave here and return home.”

“We…want to return home!” one of the others said, lowering her musket.

The leader shook her head, growled. “No! I will not fall for your tricks, witch! Kill them!”

Phylis Alince was a fairly placid sort, sometimes a bit vague, but in times of danger her focus suddenly became pinpoint accurate. In a heartbeat her green blade was in her hand and intercepted a slashing scimitar, slicing it in half.
Muskets belched fire and smoke, but Phylis was already moving, her blade deflecting the lead slugs away easily.

“Walk away,” she said calmly. “No one needs to get hurt for this.”

The bandit chief seemed to disagree, she drew her blade and came at Phylis, and when the blades met the scimitar was not cut like butter either. A Force imbued weapon.
The duel was one of frantic motion on the part of the bandit, as she slashed, stabbed and cut wildly. Phylis deflected her blows with little effort.

“This is your final warning,” Phylis stated calmly, as she stepped back.

“Coward! Fight me! Kill her daughter!”

It was a mistake. Phylis was not Izzy’s mother, but she felt protective in the way a mother bear did for her cub. Phylis’ eyes narrowed, and now she moved into the attack. Many thought Soresu was a purely defensive form, but they were wrong. In the right hands, and Phylis was one of the best in the galaxy, it could turn defence into attack with lightning precision.

A flick of the wrist and the bandit’s blade was flicked aside and Phylis’ lightsabre drove into the woman’s arm, removing it at the elbow. A gesture of the hand and the chief was tossed down the slope to sprawl in a heap.

Turning to the other bandits she raised her hand. The ground trembled and the sand started to rise in a vortex around them, spinning them helplessly into the air. Then, a gesture sent them all tumbling down the slope to join their leader.

Phylis sheathed her lightsabre and moved down towards them.
“You are lucky that I am a Jedi or I would destroy you all. However, that does not mean your punishment has been cancelled, merely that I will let others prosecute it.”

She activated her comm to contact the Eldorai who was stationed in nearby Zeheb.
“Lady Anthas? Phylis Alince, Jedi Master. I have caught some bandits near the pyramids. Send a squad to pick them up, if you would.”

One of the bandits had gotten to their feet and tried to sneak away, but hit an invisible wall which he beat on like a mime.

“Come to me, Izzy. We will stay until the shuttle arrives to collect them. I hope you have learned something from today.”
She knelt down to focus on maintaining the invisible wall. Despite the efforts of the bandits and their weapons they could not break it. For the somewhat hapless Jedi Master to show such power might be a bit of a surprise for Izzy!

Little Izzy anxiously kept herself behind Phylis. Though she peered carefully around her master to see what was happening. She didn't get any real good feeling about the bandits in front of them. Through the Force Izzy didn't feel like any of their intentions were any bit good.

She listened carefully between the elf like people and Phylis, growing more anxious as they spoke. Her eyes widened hearing what they wanted. They wanted her?! Money and her?! The idea struck fear deep into her heart. She couldn't help but tremble, her focus then on Phylis looking to her for safety and protection.

She kept behind Phylis as the threat was shouted. Never before had she heard those words, someone wanting to kill them, not like that, ever. And for a moment she was frozen in place unsure of what to do or how to react. Things happened so fast and then the words, to kill her, to kill little Izzy. She'd never been more terrified but it didn't keep her frozen. No, it urged her to to react. Without much thought, instinctively Izzy lifted several rocks with the force and hurled them at the nearest bandit, knocking the drow backwards, opening a gash across the woman's forehead.

By the time it was all over, Izzy was breathing hard, frightened still and trembling a little bit. When asked, Izzy inched towards Phylis more than happy to be closer to her for safety and protection. She reached out, and wrapped an arm around Phylis, wanting the comfort. The entire event had made her feel that she could truly trust Phylis to keep safe. And it had been a very long time since anyone had made her feel that way. She watched as the bandit tried to sneak off and Phylis easily kept the drow in place with so little effort expended. "Thank you." She whispered, so grateful for how things had turned out.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
Phylis hugged the girl close, uttering vaguely soothing sounds as she did so.
“It’s alright, Izzy, you’re safe. I will keep you safe. No one will ever hurt you again.”

“Sit beside me, meditate, feel the Force. I noticed you used it in the fight. You did well, acting without needing to think. My goal is to make it so that you can do that and direct it properly.”

When at last a speeder arrived with some Firemane guards to take the bandits into custody, Phylis rose, feeling a little exhausted from the whole experience.

“It’s been quite exciting enough today though. Hmm, I suggest we make our way back to the ship!”

Izzy clung tightly to Phylis for a few moments more. Finally she let go to do as her Master had asked of her. With a nervous frown she sat down beside Phylis, wanting to stay close. "Yeah, I hadn't really meant to. I wasn't really thinking about it. It just happened." She said before closing her eyes and settling in to meditate while they waited for the guards to arrive to take away the bandits.

With the bandits being loaded up, Izzy opened her eyes and slowly got up. "I agree. I've had enough of this." She was truthfully eager to get back to the ship and well sleep. Sleep sounded nice. So nice.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
Their journey back to the ship was undisturbed by any further hazards which Phylis appreciated. Even though she didn’t show it, the brief battle had been taxing and had taken it out of her a bit.

As they entered back on board the ship Phylis got Six-Nine to start preparing dinner.
“Go rest, Izzy, I’ll call you when things are ready.”

So whilst dinner was being made Phylis sat down, meaning to compile a report…but ended up dozing off until Six-Nine rolled up and poked her in the ribs!
“Hmmph, so rude. Fine, fine, go get Izzy and I’ll lay out the food,” she said.

Izzy smiled softly, "Thank you." And with that said she darted off to her room to relax for a little while. Rest she very much needed.

She had nearly fallen asleep on her bed when Six-Nine rolled in, to wake her. Izzy crawled out of bed and followed after the droid back to join Phylis for dinner. "Master?" She asked, just making sure the Jedi hadn't dozed off again!

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“I’m not asleep, I’m meditating!” Phylis said quickly, opening her eyes. Well, possibly she had been, possibly not!

Either way, she laid out the food and sat down to eat. “Well, hmm, I hope you’ve learned a lot from today. Not every day will be this exciting, I promise!”

"Mmmhmm. Yes, meditating." The young girl didn't believe that for a second! She wasn't that gullible, only slightly so!

Little Izzy sat down, and began to eat. "A little bit, yes. At least not to touch things because some mysterious voice told me to. It's not exactly a good idea. And it hurt." She said softly between bites. "I wasn't expecting those people at the end." She sighed heavily, sounding incredibly unnerved. "Or, their reaction." Trying to kill her, that hadn't been expected in the least.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Izzy Aureth"]
“The galaxy is a very dangerous place, Izzy. It may be hard, but you will learn that not everyone is understanding or keeps their word. No, some people are deceptive out of malice or greed. You must always know what you are doing.”

“Taking the lives of others should always be the last resort…but a resort which you must take if you have no choice. One day you will come to this very choice.”

Phylis sighed, pushed her bowl back. “But I think that’s enough for now. Get some sleep, we’ll continue tomorrow.”

And so they perhaps drifted to the end of this thread?

Izzy nodded and sighed. "I didn't expect them to want to kill me. I don't know. I think, I think, I expected better of them." Maybe it was the innocence of a young child that kept her from thinking those strangers wouldn't harm her. How wrong she was proven in the end. A harsh lesson for the little one.

Then Phylis spoke of taking lives and Izzy grew still and silent, looking to her master. A deep worried frown spread across her lips, "I hope that day never comes." She certainly didn't want it to. The girl also wasn't sure that she could actually take someone's life if it came to that, doubting herself.

Izzy glanced to her half finished plate, and pushed it away. Food she was suddenly not that interested in. "Alright, Master. Good night, I'll see you tomorrow."

With that the tiny girl headed off back to her room, and quickly hopped into bed. She was quick to pull the covers tight around her, and closed her eyes. It took a while before she finally drifted off to sleep, quickly falling into a pattern of restless and strange dreams. Fortunately those dreams the girl would sleep through even if some of them did frighten her. And with those dreams came the end of this thread.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom