Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Artemis Crossbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
acz7lCy.jpg

The Artemis Crossbow

LbbGZLc.png

Intent: A unique Crossbow Pistol for Alixandra to wield as a member of the Lightsworn.
Image Source: Warframe Tenno Weapon Concept Art.
Canon Link: N/A.
Primary Source: TTH/SIR-001c "Helius"http://starwarsrp.net/topic/137293-tthsir-001c-helius-pattern-battle-rifle/

jD4DLP0.png

Manufacturer: The Golden Company.
Affiliation:
Alixandra Ishtar.
Model: N/A.
Modularity: No.
Production: Unique.
Material: Titanium-Reinforced Durasteel Frame, Reinforced Duraplast Casing, Haysian Smelt and Vanadium Detailing, Various Weapon Components, Turadium Quarrels, Synthetic Starburst Crystals, Rylith Crystals.

S9xeaQj.png

Classification: Pistol Crossbow
Size:
Average.
Weight: Light.
Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas Canister (Plasma Spun)
Ammunition Capacity: 9 Rounds per Cartridge.
Reload Speed: Fast.
Effective Range: Average.
Rate of Fire: Low.
Stopping Power: Low.
Recoil: Low.

lGWul92.png

• Non-Lethal Settings.
  • Bio-metric Security System (Anti-Piracy.)
  • Holographic Ammo Counter.

Strengths:
  • Shield-bypassing Solarized Particle Bolts.
  • Biometric security system means that enemies cannot use the Crossbow against it's owner.
Weaknesses:
  • Solarized Plasma; Super-heats and warps target material on impact, and requires Rylith Crystal-enhanced cells and cartridges.
  • Limited Kinetic Protection; If the Crystal Chamber or the crossbow limbs are destroyed, the Weapon cannot operate.
  • Biometric security system means that the weapon cannot be used by anyone but its owner.

BYj9cqn.png

Seeking a ranged weapon, Alixandra commissioned the Guild of Armourer's to forge her a unique pistol sized crossbow that could launch bolts with the power of the Sun. To that end, The Artemis Crossbow draws heavily from the Helius battle rifle. By combining a Rylith-crystal enhanced power source and Starburst Crystal focusing lenses, the weapon is capable of turning spun Tibana Gas into Solarized Plasma. The four arms swing inwards and then down to lower the weapon's profile when holstered.

[member="Alixandra Ishtar"], Thanks for taking the time to use the Factory! Honestly I have no qualms with your submission here, but perhaps I can make a suggestion or two. Up to you whether or not you want to include them, but whatever your decision, please remember to tag me about it. If you choose not to, I can stamp this as approved right now without any adjustments or edits.

Really just one thing, though, as far as something else you might want to include. Given that this weapon incorporates a "Biometric Security System," i might consider adding that as a weakness as well since that would make it so no one could use the weapon other that Artemis, not even a friend trying to help her out of a tight spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom