Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Archangel Processing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processing Machine

Intent: This device is a composite technology submission intended to allow organics to be transformed into Human (Organic) Replica Droids. This process will serve in the RPs of Maelion Liates and Moira Skaldi. Much of this technology is Star Wars canon already, but the linking aspects have never been brought together. This submission draws inspiration from Guri the HRD in Shadows of the Empire, from the bio and RPs of Moira and Maelion, and from other fiction such as Terminator.
Whilst primarily intended for NPCs, this can be used on PCs too, with their writer’s consent.

It should be noted that whilst this writer has a broad idea of how these things work, the exact scientific processes is mostly guesswork and broad assumptions. However, since most of Star Wars technology is like this, this writer feels confident that the broad thrust will be more important than a full on technical survey.

Overall, the device is designed to be a plot point for continuing threads and offer an interesting opportunity for writers to alter their characters in a fair way if requested.
Development Thread: Yes, completed: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17112-the-process-of-processing/
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industries, Archangel, misc.
Model: PX1
Affiliation: Archangel Research and Development
Modularity: Yes. See description.
Production: Minor Production
Material: Durasteel, duraplast, other materials.
Description:
The ‘Processing Machine’ is not really one device, but a collection of machines currently lodged in a factory on Corellia. Its purpose is to convert organic creatures into Human Replica Droids (HRDs, though Organic Replica Droids is a more accurate, though less used, term.)
Living subjects are highly sought after as their brain patterns can be directly mapped. Dead subjects can be used as physical templates, but their minds cannot be processed if they are dead.

The first stage in creating an HRD is to obtain a subject who is either living or recently dead (less than 12 hours). If alive the target is rendered unconscious, and then secured into a 3D scanning device. Subjects which are dead can only be used for physical mapping. This maps every millimetre of the subject, noting all marks, imperfections and unusual features. With this create 3D model created, the fabrication of the droid unit can begin.

The second stage is placing a living subject (still unconscious) into a complex device intended to process the brain of the subject. This machine can process a large amount of information very quickly, but the device still takes over an hour to finish its extraction. This procedure is made possible by complex computer processors devised by Baktoid.
At this point the living subject is euthanized as they are no longer necessary.

The third stage is twofold. Whilst the mass of data is being processed and a droid brain is processed, the chassis of the droid is being fabricated. This process takes some account of the subject’s size, weight and gender. Each HRD produced as part of this process is unique. Once the droid’s shell has been created and tested for impurities the final programming is underway.

The fourth stage is to install the droid brain into the chassis and implant the power source. With this done the machine is put through an intensive series of tests to ensure the mind and body are stable and fully formed. At this time the final steps such as installing the secret backdoor protocols and advanced language, information and combat knowledge are done.

The final stage in the process is to create and perfect the exterior of the HRD. The skin and hair are added, the eyes coloured and the mannerisms of the subject perfected. At this point the unit is ‘activated’ for the first time. Depending on whether they are supposed to know about their new status or not, they are given their cover stories and sent out.

The whole process takes in excess of a week and is rather expensive. However the results are magnificent.

As Archangel processes they will seek an easy way to speed up and accelerate the process to allow for multiple units at once to be constructed. The ultimate goal of course is to make it so that hundreds, thousands, millions can be processed and the Age of Steel begun.

Created HRDs

Classification: Third/Fourth Degree. HRDs straddle the line between combat and human interaction models.
Weight: Varies but usual models 100kgs.
Height: Varies depending on processed individual. Standard models 1.8 metres.
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: Aside from its strength these units have no in built weapons. They are programmed to use a wide variety of ranged and melee weapons though.
Misc. Equipment: Visual processing modes; infrared, low-light, 20x magnification. Vocabulator capable of mimicking any known voice and speaking several thousand languages. Invisible communicator with audio or text broadcasting to other units on the same planet. (Secret holonet transceiver used by Archangel to control or monitor units.)
Description:
The HRDs created by the Processing machine are similar to Maelion and Moira in most aspects. Their regular human exteriors conceal a machine.
Strengths:
  • Incredibly strong. Their capability is usually upwards of double a comparable human. For a very short period they can lift triple the weight. As they also feel no pain they can use their bodies as weapons or to smash through barriers.
  • Extremely resilient. An HRD can take several blaster bolts to the head or chest before the unit fails. Their armour and metal body gives them the equivalent of class 5-6 armour over their whole body. Limbs can be severed and severe damage done, but it will press on regardless.
  • Skilled Infiltrators. HRDs are designed to look, act and seem human. They can blend into social situations, using their abilities to get close to their targets.
  • Relentless. HRDs are assassins and combat droids of a highly advanced level. They know neither fear nor any other emotion except when they mimic it. They are implacable and ruthless.

Weaknesses:
  • Machine Vulnerabilities. As machines HRDs suffer especially from ion and electrical attacks. A blast of Sith Lightning or an ion grenade can severely damage vital systems even if the unit is not destroyed.
  • Not invincible. HRDs are powerful, but in the high tech modern galaxy they are not invulnerable. Blaster bolts to the head or chest can disable them, as can powerful explosives and especially lightsabres. Usually two blaster bolts or a lightsabre blow is needed to penetrate an area of armour.
  • Detectable. This first wave of HRDs are not infallible. Anyone able to detect their weight will find it off, whilst someone able to do a deep scan will notice oddities. Finally, a Force user could sense that something is off as the machine beneath is not truly living.
  • Not Human. HRDs can look, act and seem human, but they are not. Even humans processed into machines soon lose the ability to actually empathise and ‘be’ human. While they are good at fooling in the short term, their inherent ‘wrongness’ comes through and someone in daily contact every day will eventually realise they are not as they seem.

In other areas the HRDs are based on the Guri method of construction. Their skin is cloned human skin from their original template. The blood and other organic material is synthetic whilst the skeleton is a mix of metal and high strength polymers.
[SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Original Section(s):[/SIZE]
Production: Unique for now. Intention to be minor production.
[SIZE=10.5pt]New Section(s):[/SIZE]
Production: Minor Production
[SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
I like that you put in a good dev thread for this. Quality is there. I'd ask where you got the entechment rigs, as it's not exactly a very prevalent commodity, but it's not that big of a deal, especially with the B'Omarr monks running around. I'd like you to tone down the strength amplification factor, as five is a bit ridiculous, as well as further clarify on how many blaster bolts it can take. Are you thinking in the lines of x many shots or the droids having a specific armor class or however you prefer to elaborate it. Also, I'd like further elaboration on these two statements as they appear at first glance contradictory

Maelion Liates said:
Living subjects are highly sought after as their brain patterns can be directly mapped. Dead subjects can be used as physical templates, but their minds cannot be processed if dead for more than a quarter hour.

Maelion Liates said:
The first stage in creating an HRD is to obtain a subject who is either living or recently dead (less than 12 hours).
I'm guessing the difference is the use of physical and cognitive functions, but I'd like some clarification all the same.

@[member="Maelion Liates"]

As I said, I’m sort of making this up as I go, basing it on what I see from Guri, Terminators, etc. I think double is probably more reasonable, and triple for short periods of time.

I think that two blaster bolts to the same place would be enough to penetrate. Seeing what blaster bolts can do, they seem much more powerful than slugthrower rounds. I think classing them as level 6 armour is reasonable.

In regards to those sections, I’ve changed it so dead subjects can only be used for physical mapping. Brain mapping of dead targets has been removed.

Edits have been made.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

After thinking it over for a while, I really can't in good health let you just obtain entechment technology. It's unique technology, noted to be very different in origin than standard galactic technology which would make it hard to reverse-engineer, especially without a sample. I'd like you to do a dev thread on you obtaining the technology, whether it be a rig, a blueprint, a sample of a rig, etc. Preferably in a public thread, although a private thread where you obtained the technology from a qualified fringer would work just fine as well. The more I think about it such a unique and poorly distributed technology just coming into a sub doesn't seem fair.IIRC the dev thread you have is public, so further expanding that would work fine. Everything about the sub is up to par though. It's fine work, good framing it within existing lore, well thought out with good strengths and weaknesses. Once you have RP'd obtaining the tech in some form this is good to go.

@[member="Maelion Liates"]

I’ll simply drop the Entechment stuff.

It’s not strictly necessary, and now I read more on it, it’s actually not even really practical considering the rest of this process. Normal, non-unique tech should do everything we need.

If it becomes necessary later or we want it for Mk2, we can ask for it then.

Edits have been made.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

Everything is in order then. Top notch stuff Maelion. I'm going to clarify, just for the record, that this cannot be used on a PC without their consent. Not that I'd believe you'd do it, but simply covering basis and I could see this technology becoming popular with the right set up. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom