Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The apple doesn't fall far...

Tatooine surface, 1305 hours.

Gherron shielded his eyes from the blistering sun as he stepped out of the spaceport. When was the last time he'd been to Tatooine? He couldn't recall, and he was starting to realize why. The dry heat made it feel like a massive blowdryer whenever the winds decided to gust. How could anyone live here? He remembered stories off the top of his head of quite a few Jedi growing up in what he saw as a wasteland. How they'd managed it, he didn't know. However, he wanted to make the best of it. The first planet he'd been on in some time since Refuge, he wanted to make sure he had something to remember it by. But first... Spinning around, it took all but two seconds to find the nearest bar. A small grin played on his lips as he walked in and sat down at a table in one of the corners. Josh wouldn't freak out if he couldn't find him, he hoped. He just needed a good drink, something that couldn't be found in a forest.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Tatooine was a planet I was not all that fond of. Not because of the people, but the pure environment that was here. Desert. Dune after dune of sand could hide thousands of bodies that you never knew you were standing on purely from wars, fights, or people losing their way in the haze of mirages. I didn't want to be here. But recent developments with various groups I worked with stated that this may be a good place to set up for our operations. I was to check it out for now.

And honestly, it was a no go. Everyone knew about tatooine. It was a desert planet, and not one that was oh so great with the recent release of the TU on these planets. As such, many who had once been locked up, were now free to move. I didn't like that, and hence why I was sitting in a bar watching one particular man. At the current moment, I wore a simple set of gear to protect myself from various situations such as a fight, or just the sand in general. Including the fact that I carried my rifle with me. However, what was really the thing people should look out for, was the Lightsaber I had created not even a week ago.

I really wanted to test it out on someone who felt like they wanted to ruffle my feathers. This man seemed to be doing the job. Laughing about how he was so great and how he could take any man down with his dual blasters. I wanted to take my own and show him a thing or two before I ended his life. Stop, why was I thinking about killing him? I shouldn't be. I was still a Jedi. It wasn't in me to kill people. I did in battle because it was either kill or be killed. But here? He could have lived some kind of life without me interfering in it. Either way, I kept my mouth shut and drank my bottle of beer. Just enough to not look suspicious for drinking water, yet not too strong to make me impaired.

Thats when I felt someone enter the area. I could feel the force upon him. He had it in him to be rather powerful within the force. However, what got me was the fact that I didn't hide mine. Because I wanted him to know I was there. Maybe then he too would leave me alone for now.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron took a few sips of his drink, closing his eyes and relishing the flavor. It had been too long. Brushing a lock of hair out of his face, he began studying the area around him, a habit picked up from hunting in the forest. A predator never exposed his back, especially when he thought it was safe. A lesson of that showed on his body, a scar trailing over his chest from a quite deadly bush he had fell into after being startled and falling from his perch in a tree. It was always wise to be aware of one's surroundings. Scanning the bar, Gherron's eyes locked onto a man sitting at the bar with his back turned to him. A force presence came from him, and while it was not especially strong yet, the potential was there, and there was a lot of it. The signature also seemed oddly familiar. Furrowing his brow a little, he decided to take the gamble. Walking over, he sat next to the azure - haired individual with his drink. After a sip, he inquired, "I don't know you, but you seem very familiar to me... May I ask your name?"

As the man entered, I looked at him for a moment or two. Seeing his young, let grizzled look. He was someone who clearly had been in a battle or two with someone in the forest. Tarzan? Either way, I turned away from him and sipped on my drink once more. Taking a gander as I adjusted the rifle that was sitting on my lap to be a little more comfortable. I really didn't want the bolt of this weapon sitting right in my junk at the moment. However, I could hear him get closer. His footsteps came to sit down right next to me.

I looked at him with an expression that just stated, "really" to him. Even then, his words hit me. Asking for my name since I seemed familiar. Well, if you see one guy with blue hair, they might look a little like the other ones who have blue hair. Either way, I wasn't going to give him my name outright. Not even my call name at the moment.

"Sometimes, those who are on a desolate planet don't want their past to follow them."

I took another drink without looking at him, while my beer was just a little under half empty, I decided to wave down the bartender,

"Give this man a drink. And a refill for me."

The rotund man who looked like an old grampa of mine with his own white hair that was a mix of salt and pepper in his beard, I looked at this newcomer with my eyes. Looking him over. I spoke my words and then went back to take a rather large gulp of my drink.

"Tell me who you think I look like. If you are right, I'll let you know."

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron couldn't help it as a small grin stuck to his face. The man's expression was priceless, not that he didn't expect it. His comment however about the past unsettled him. He too knew something about wanting to run away from the past. He'd spent nearly a year doing that himself. Taking the drink as it was slid over to him, he nodded in thanks to the stranger as he took a swig. Simple whiskey worked for him. He took another moment to enjoy the sweet burning going down his throat. Nothing could replicate that. Taking another long look at the other, Gherron began to think more closely as to just who he saw in his features. Certainly, this was the first blue-haired person he'd seen, save for zeltrons. He threw the thought away then, the only zeltron he'd met was back at the Jedi temple as a padawan, another student like himself. Maybe a relative? But then one more look in the eyes, and he knew. This man was somehow related to...

"Does the name Xander Carrick mean anything to you?"

I continued to sip on my beer. Watching as the man himself took a swig. He then looked at me once more right before asking if I knew of the man named Xander Carrick. While he had been asking that question, I looked down at my hand as it was wrapped around the bottle. My gloved hand feeling a little of the cold beer through the glass, and the glove. I kept looking down as my father still followed me. Even if I ran, he was always there. Wanting me to come back. Testing me of my resolve.

Licking my lips, I didn't know how to respond for a moment. After taking a drink, I turned to face him. Standing up from my seat, I looked at his eyes. Seeing how they shook ever so slightly. The colored eyes made me want to punch him for coming her. For letting my father follow me. Instead, I uttered my words.

"Don't speak to me about HIM."

Grabbing my wallet, I pulled out a few chips, and sat them on the table and began to walk out of the room. I was not going to deal with another person who wanted to know my story. Another person who would side with my father and tell me to go home and rethink my life and what I had done like a child. I was not a child anymore, I deserved to be treated as one. I had my own decisions to make. I will make them.

One way or another.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

The instant Gherron had mentioned the name, the man's face had lit up with a sort of resentment, or anger. So, he definitely knew Xander... but who was he to him? He didn't get the chance to ask as the stranger stared at him for a moment before paying for the drinks and walking out. Gherron wasn't usually one to pursue what would no doubt turn into an argument, but he had to know. Xander was his friend, his brother, even. Not many got to have that title with him. He had to know the truth. Leaving his glass half full, he walked out to follow the blue-haired individual. It wasn't too hard to spot him, even with the bustling crowds now taking shape within the area. Jogging a little to catch up, he tried to strike up the conversation again. "Okay, I can see you must have some kind of beef with the guy. I don't care about that. All I want to know is, who is he to you?" As the man kept walking, Gherron touched his shoulder to spin him around and face him. His eyes now shone with a sort of desperation. What was this he was feeling? Was he having second thoughts about leaving? Maybe he missed his friends more than he cared to admit, but now that he was somehow close to one, he wasn't going to lose it. "Please... I need to know.

Taking off through the streets, I pulled around people walking rather quickly. Making sure that I would not easily be followed. However, Just about every time I looked back, the man was still there. Following me. I slowed down and let him catch up to me. He tried to turn me around a first time. Pushing his hand off of me, I kept walking. However, after the first time, he did it again. Telling me he needed to know. Looking at his face, looking over him, I could almost see a desperation about my father. Bowing my head, and looking at our feet. I noticed that the man's clothing was clearly worn and used for so long.

Breathing in gently, I looked around, Motioning for him to follow, I left him without a word. Leading him past a few corners, and down an alley that I knew would be secluded. Turning around to him, I pulled out a lightsaber I carried. The simple cylindrical hilt was in fact my father's weapon. Tossing the weapon at him for him to inspect, I then spoke.

"Xander Carrick. Battlemaster of the Silver Jedi Order. Council Member, Master of Soresu and telekinesis. Wieldier of the Dawnstar battle hammer, and Leader of Mandalorians, and Silver Jedi Alike... is my Father.'

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Seeing the look in the other's eyes, Gherron followed him down an alley where he stopped to take a breath before unleashing what seemed like the biggest secret of his life. Reaching out to catch the shiny cylinder thrown at him, he examined and instantly recognized it as the one he'd seen Xander use several times, when he wasn't waving his hammer around. Looking back up in surprise, he let the words ash over him. He was staring at his friend's son. And from what it looked like, he wasn't the biggest fan of the noted Jedi. Whatever the reason was, Gherron could not think of. Everything he knew about Xander was good. Maybe he was too good then, just good enough to cast a shadow over his son that the boy thought he could never surpass. Maybe he was running away to escape that shadow, and Gherron had just brought it back. Slowly walking over and handing the weapon back, he looked at the man with a sort of sympathy. "I'm sorry I brought the thought of him back to you. I somewhat understand what it's like to feel like you'll never amount to anything because of someone or something." He paused for a moment to let his own words sink in. "I've been running too. Maybe we can help each other?" Gherron decided to keep his relationship with Xander hidden for the moment. Unless his son asked, he wouldn't say anything about what the Jedi meant to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom