Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ape(X) Initiative [Aegis Initiative/ApeX]

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
ISV Retribution
Honoghr, High Orbit

The Aegis Initiative was still an infant on the galactic stage, but so was ApeX, the private military company founded by a tenacious ma'alkerrite by the name of Malok. Aegis Intelligence reported that his company dwelled mostly around the Honoghr system. Tales of Malok's ferocity and excellence in combat were impressive, though Zeradias didn't know what truth they contained.

Waiting in the hangar of the Retribution, Rear Admiral Mant stood properly with his hands behind his back, awaiting the arrival of the ApeX Commander. By his side was Staff Lieutenant Kad Forgrin, commander of the ship's Special Reconnaissance Unit, who would likely work and coordinate with ApeX on the ground.

It was his hope that the Initiative would be able to forge a strong relationship with ApeX, and that by the end of their time together, there would be no credit amount high enough to break his retainer contract with the Aegis Initiative. That was to be settled though, as the Initiative and ApeX would engage in a battle of an entire different kind: business negotiations.

[member="Kad Forgrin"] | [member="Malok"]

inactivechar01

I
Any other day, it'd be his CO standing beside the bossman Mant. Not today, though, and Kad knew perfectly why. The Initiative was to discuss a possible contract with a private military company. There was no one better than Kad to be part of these negotiations being the only ex-mercenary before. He'd sniff dishonor a mile away and more importantly he'd know what the capabilities of these mercs could be. There was a lot that one learned as a mercenary. One of them was distinguishing other mercenaries.

The lieutenant won't be surprised if the arriving party sniffed him out as a former merc as well. That'd be a good sign. That would mean they knew the business, they might not be the most well-known PMC but one would never know what men lived in obscurity. The same could be said for mercenary companies.

Apex might not be the most well-known, but it has the chance to be extremely capable. Kad could only wait now and see for himself who these ApeX were.

[member="Malok"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"]​

An invitation had been received.

For the most part, ApeX was completely accustomed to spontaneous communications across the HoloNet. Such was the nature of their bloody business - a customer knocked and they readied their arms. However, when a communique from the Aegis Initiative arrived, there was something quite different about it. You see, the missive was received only mere minutes before an Imperial shuttle dipped into the atmosphere. It descended upon the world that the congregation of warriors called home before a droid unit personally requested an answer to the summons.

Malok was intrigued.

Several minutes later, the shuttle broke atmo - gently rustling the cabin and its occupants. That was the signal that they had arrived - very, veryhigh above home. Malok rose from his seat and stood ready before the boarding ramp, waiting until the shuttle settled down in the Hangar before Overlord Actual and his subordinate. With a hiss, the Shuttle announced the arrival of the Behemoth...and thunderous steps entered the hangar. Malok loomed over the two men, hands folded confidently behind his back until he came to a halt only a few paces before them.

"Greetings, I am Commander Malok of ApeX." he began, flexing that "noble" muscle that so-often went under utilized. "Allow me to extend my gratitude for this opportunity and the hospitality you have given thus far." To match his words, he motioned with his offhand to the shuttle.

"Shall we begin, gentlemen?"

[member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Kad Forgrin"]

Zeradias Mant

The crew wasn't gathered in formation, nor was there a welcoming party. Zera knew his subordinates dreaded the idea of glamour formations, and his guest didn't seem the type that would be flattered by such a notion. Instead, it was just him and the XO from the Special Reconnaissance Unit, standing side by side, waiting. When the shuttle pulled in the hangar, members of the crew paused to look but ultimately went on with their duties. A hiss and door opening later, the colossal figure emerged, striding to meet the two officers.

Zeradias was pleasantly surprised. Upon looking at the gargantuan being, one would hardly think that he'd be as eloquent as he spoke. With a nod and slight bow, Zeradias returned the greeting. "Likewise. Rear Admiral Mant, founder of the Aegis Initiative. Welcome to the Retribution." Turning to his cohort, he continued. "Staff Lieutenant Kad Forgrin. He's our resident tactical expert serving with our Special Reconnaissance Unit - he'll be the one you'll most likely be fighting alongside should it ever come to that.", he said with an ambitious grin.

Stepping back and notioning the pair to follow, he walked towards a corridor that would lead them to a small conference room. Coming to the realization that their guest would not fit, or at least be comfortable, he walked past it without mention to lead them to the primary conference room at the bridge level. While the walk was inconvenient, it made for a more prominent appearance as they'd walk past the skyview windows of the bridge to look onto the massive ship. Crew members paused to gaze at Malok, but a quick glare from the admiral sent them on their way. After crossing the skyview on the bridge, they arrive at the primary conference room, looking over the starboard side of the Retribution. Taking a seat perpendicular to the window, he notioned for the others to join him.

"Commander Malok, needless to say, we're interested in doing business. Between augmenting our training regimen for the Initiative's marines and personal involvement in combat operations, I think our relationship has the potential to go the distance. Can you tell us about your company, how it can assist us in our missions?"

The Retribution.

Now this was a fine ship, if Malok said so himself. Without any effort, the vessel far outshone the seemingly meager forms of transportation wielded by ApeX. Although capable on the field of battle, the one of the corporation's weak points was its naval presence...if one could call a gaggle of corvettes a presence. If only we had a ship like this. thought the Behemoth to himself as the Rear Admiral introduced the vessel. However, his attention swiftly returned to the matter at hand.

"Well met Staff Lieutenant," came Malok's response, coupled with a nod. "I truly look forward to working with you in the field."

With that said, [member="Zeradias Mant"] led the two men deeper into the depths of the ship. Although the walk could be considered lengthy, and the stares could be considered rude, Malok was in a state of wonder. The Destroyer had begun to leave quite an impression on the Initiative's towering guest, enough so that he thoroughly enjoyed wandering about its corridors. However, the tour came to an end with their arrival at the conference room. Malok eased himself into the seat directly across from his host, gingerly, before finding that the chair easily supported his weight.

He was in love with the ship.

"ApeX would love nothing more than to forge a lasting relationship with Aegis." he replied, commencing the business in earnest. Malok reached for his belt, briefly, in order to procure a data chit. Once in hand, he offered it to the Rear Admiral, continuing. "In anticipation of our meeting, I have compiled ApeX's mission reports for the previous quarter. Excessively sensitive details have been omitted, for security purposes, but there you'll find an idea of how our typical ventures play out."

"As for what we can do for the Initiative, Training and Direct Support are what we have to offer. Our contracts take us all over the Galaxy, and as such we have experience in numerous combat centers. Urban. Desert. Jungle. Volcanic. We have taken this experience and cultivated it into a program for uplifting new recruits to our standards. So, before an Aegis mission starts, the ApeX contribution would be in supplementing your current regimens."

"On the field of battle, we provide direct and indirect support. It is our goal to make every operation easier and successful, and to this end we strive to be 'plugged in' wherever you so choose. We see ourselves as a means of enhancing your existing force, if you will."

[member="Zeradias Mant"], [member="Kad Forgrin"]

Zeradias Mant

With a subtle smile, Zeradias couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. Between the beast's courtesies and eloquence, he truly seemed to personify what it meant to be a 'warrior and a scholar'. Sliding a data chit across the table, Zera caught it with his hands. He kept it on the table in front of him. He would have the analysts go through it later, but he would not have met with the ApeX commander if he wasn't already confident in what he wanted.

He listened to Malok with great interest. He knew not only how to speak military, but corporate. Zeradias liked that. With a subtle smile, Zeradias couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. Between the beast's courtesies and eloquence, he truly seemed to personify what it meant to be a 'warrior and a scholar'. Sliding a data chit across the table, Zera caught it with his hands. He kept it on the table in front of him. He would have the analysts go through it later, but he would not have met with the ApeX commander if he wasn't already confident in what he wanted.

He listened to Malok with great interest. He knew not only how to speak military, but corporate. Zeradias liked that. This was the kind of commander he'd be able to work with on the command level, and he was sure that he'd prove to be just as capable on the field with Lieutenant Forgrin. Nodding as Malok spoke, Zeradias digested all the information. At this point, he had very few questions.

"Malok, I have to say I'm very impressed. How would you propose we incorporate ApeX's training regimen into that of what the Initiative already has? Would we incorporate ApeX instructors, or sponsor co-op missions routinely on Honoghr?"

He glanced at Forgrin, and then back to Malok. The idea sounded fantastic, but he was more curious about the orchestration of it now. He was sure the SRU lieutenant would have some input on the matter, if not, letting the party know of any concerns or ideas he may have had.

"I find that a combination of both methods would prove the most beneficial." came the Behemoth's response.

"Depending upon the total need of the Initiative, I would be more than happy to provide a number of ApeX Instructors. For maximum effectiveness, I would ideally have them reside adjacent to those trained if possible. Aboard the same vessels or within the same fortifications."

"As for routine training ventures, ApeX regularly hosts internal war games upon Honoghr and Kalakar Six. Typically we divide our forces evenly and have them duke it out across the various theatres. However, with the potential incorporation of Initiative personnel, I'd like to mingle our forces together for an even series of contests. Not only would this ensure fair play on both sides, it would prepare Initiative personnel for falling in with allied CoC's."

With that said, Malok looked from [member="Zeradias Mant"] to [member="Kad Forgrin"] for any further questions.

Zeradias Mant

Commander Malok seemed to have everything down to a tee. He had taken the admiral's expectations and blew them out of the water. To say he was impressed was an understatement. Normally, Zeradias would have tried biting off more and more until he had the most bang for his buck, but given his already positive first impression and Malok's business intellect, he saw no need to negotiate further. Instead, he'd do something he didn't really see himself doing at the beginning of the meeting.

"Commander Malok, to say I'm impressed is an understatement. The Aegis Initiative would love to hire ApeX on retainer - and as a gesture of both advanced thanks and good will, I'd like to make you an honorary Lieutenant Commander of the Aegis Initiative. Though our marines should be disciplined enough to heed your word, having an official rank, albeit honorary, should bring our forces behind you without question."

He had nothing further to say. Pending Malok's acceptance of his new honorary rank, ApeX and the Aegis Initiative would be partners in many conflicts to come, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

[member="Malok"] | [member="Kad Forgrin"]

The Ma'alkerrite smiled upon hearing Overlord Actual's response. In truth, Malok felt an enormous sense of validation...nay, Pride. The road that ApeX had walked was long and paved with many challenges; so much so that the Lieutenant Commander could scarcely believe they'd made it this far. Yet here they were, he and his men, standing at a the cusp of something monumental. It felt good...It felt phenomenal. Of course, professionalism demanded that the Behemoth keep these emotions in check - for there would be ample time to celebrate later. Right now, Malok extended his hand in order to seal the deal, saying:

"This is an immense honor, one that I am exceedingly grateful for. I accept and eagerly look forward to working alongside the Initiative!"

Once the agreement had been sealed via handshake, the time for minor details would be at hand. Namely, patching one of the organization's larger holes.

"There is a small matter I'd like to discuss. While we are armed well, transportation has always proved to be a challenge. If at all possible, ApeX would like to acquire a handful of Initiative, or Iron Imperial, vessels. Nothing capital grade of course, just the means to ferry my men from point to point. We would, of course, pay for these ships and alter our retainer fee accordingly. Is this plausible?"

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom