Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Alchemist and the Sword

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Not long ago the planet of Druckenwell was bombarded by shipyards, crashing down in a scorched earth maneuver that had left billions without homes, jobs, or companies. In an effort to help the Sword of the Jedi, as the woman proclaimed herself, put herself out in an auction to give a training lesson and a date to whoever won. The victor was a young man named Keith Borris. A quick holonet search on the man would reveal he was wanted by the One Sith, for desertion and theft of government resources. A quick look-over in the Force would find a lowly apprentice, with a darker tint to him, but nowhere near the engulfing darkness that a Sith Lord would be expected to have. One could even say that he wasn't far gone. Art of the Small was quite beautiful in that fashion. A lightsaber on his hip would reveal a red tint upon igniting, and a recent construction by a psychometrist. His clothes similarly would be noted to have been purchased recently, all by the face one would expect them to have.

He hoped not have to have to deal with psychometry or holonet searches, but Valik was thorough when establishing new identities, especially when meeting with one so important. In any case, he was here, on Corellia, about to ring on the doorbell of presumably the Sword of the Jedi. It was finally time, time for Valik, or Keith rather, to be on his guard. After all, one could never be too careful

Ding-dong.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

How did she get herself into this? Another fine mess indeed. Aaralyn looked at the mirror and groaned, why did she convince herself this was a sane idea? She was dolled up to an extent, a coral blue dress that matched the waters which were just a half a click away from where they were in Tyrena. A simple sundress that was cut at the knees, with a pair of white sandals to match. Of course, her hair was somewhat styled thanks to the droids that [member="Danger Arceneau"]'s company had sent over. They had lightly adorned her face with the perfect skintone of makeup and eyeliner, the works. It was their idea of giving whomever the date they deserved, she could only assume....or embarrassing her to no end if someone on the other end of that buzzer was a familiar face.

She straightened the dress slightly as she approached the door, looking to her sabers which were laid out on the counter. She took note of where each hidden weapon was within her little apartment that overlooked the coastal city of Tyrena. Everything from simple darts to full blown stun-batons. She tried to improvise in any manner which she could if she was unable to reach her Lightsabers in time. She looked to the terminal and noticed a man standing there, an exaggerated sigh of relief exited her lips as she realized she didn't recognize him. "Thank the Force..." She quickly walked over the pressed the communications link between the terminal and the downstairs console. "Uhm, 47th floor. Unit C."

Yes, she had her own place outside the confines of the Jedi world. Her father had gotten her a place where she could go and relax or be herself so to speak. The Grandmaster didn't object to it due to the fact that Aaralyn was constantly on the move, constantly searching for new relics and artifacts which once belonged to the Jedi Order. A very taxing job that didn't allow her the luxury of returning to any location that was Jedi friendly at all times in a more centralized location.

[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
A small voice replied to the bell, giving him a location with which to meet the woman. Heeding her words Keith traveled into the building, then into the elevator. Keith wasn't really keen on the whole walking up fifty flights of stairs thing, so it was an easy choice. The elevator ride up was uneventful, him sharing the box with rather shifty looking Rodian and an older Askajian woman. Though neither passenger bothered him the Askajian woman had an unmistakeable musk about her, while he was fairly certain the Rodian inhaled a quarter-kilo of Glitterstim. Keith hoped neither scent would rub off on him as he left, heading into the 47th floor. Wandering around for a moment he found Unit C and it's door, before putting a trio of knocks to signal his arrival.

Aaralyn raised an eyebrow at the door and nodded. "Ok, you can do this...just put a smile on your face." She took a deep breath. "It's for charity."

~How in the nine circles of hell did she manage to get herself into this?~ Was all she kept asking herself as she made her way to the door and opened it with a push of a button. As the door slid open, her heart skipped a beat, almost expecting to be jumped from some bandit or Sith on the other side. One could almost see her tense a bit and then relax as she eyed [member="Valik"] up and down. "Hi!" She said abruptly, a bit surprised herself and relieved. A genuine smile coming to her facial features as she examined him through the Force while talking.

"Come on in, I'm glad you found it alright..." She could feel the sensation of darkness that emanated from this man, it was very low key but it was there. She kept it in the back of her mind but attempted to disregard it for the time being. "Keith, was it?" She smiled and extended her hand inwards towards her apartment.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik couldn't quite place it, but as the door opened he felt as if the Jedi Sword lost a bit of tension, as if she was relieved that he wasn't somebody else. Smiling as she greeted him he reasoned that was best, people were often most offguard when they thought they had already found a threat, or confirmed it didn't exist. His smile was quickly returned with her own as, unbeknownst to Valik, she overlooked him not in body or mind but in spirit. Valik walked into the apartment slowly as she invited him in, but not to slow as to seem he was unsure of himself. Examining around the apartment he got the feeling there was more around than met the eye, but couldn't discern any traps or hidden weapons at a glance. If he had a discreet opportunity to literally feel around the apartment he'd use psychometry to further investigate, but the chances of that were little.

"Yes, Keith Borris." He said in reply, notably a bit offtrack, as if he didn't quite believe what was happening. "I uhh, have to admit, I don't typically buy my dates, so I'm at a bit of a loss on where to go from here. Would you like to head out to dinner or do you have something planned or?" He said, letting the last of his words hang a bit to give her room to complete any thoughts she might have.

Aaralyn laughed slightly as she shut the door behind him with a push of a button. "Uhm, well I wouldn't say you bought me as a date, consider it an act of charity." She shrugged lightly and moved past him towards the kitchen. "I thought we'd actually stay in and maybe just talk a bit?" She looked behind her at the lightsaber hilt hanging from his belt. "And then we can get into the lesson, I guess. You know, nothing fancy." She shrugged once more, moving into the kitchen this time. She pursed her lips behind the wall and even closed her eyes a bit. ~There are times where you wish it was someone, and of course life is full of disappointments.~

She could only shake her head and rummage through the cabinet, pulling down a few glasses. The one and only tea she actually enjoyed was Yarba tea, something she grew very fond of as a child. She quickly prepared it and made her way out of the kitchen and into the living room. Aaralyn chuckled softly and motioned with her head towards the loveseat. "Please, sit." She sat down slowly on the couch and set the tea across from her and infront of him. A subtle gesture with her hand towards it and then another slightly awkward smile. "Drink it, you'll like it." She took a sip of her own tea, her smile fading into a slight cringe from the tart taste as it hit her tastebuds.

[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
'Keith' chuckled lightly at the charity comment. "I suppose you're right. Probably more your charity than mine in truth." Keith responded, before she headed over to the kitchen and she suggested that stay in her apartment and talk. Didn't seem one for adventuring in the outdoors then. Which was all the better for Keith, as he didn't care for gallivanting around the ecumenopolis. "That's fine with me. And I probably couldn't handle fancy anyways. Last teacher I had didn't think me very talented." He said with a little annoyance in his tone, but didn't dote on it.

"Sure." Valik said in reply to the command to sit on the 'loveseat' as she sat on the couch across from her, gesturing to a cup of tea with an awkward smile, telling him that he'd enjoy it. After she said so she took a sip of her own tea, Keith, or Valik rather, worked through the Force, combining Art of the Small and Sith Alchemy to poison her drink as it entered her mouth with Sith Poison. If she continued drinking it she'd likely feel an uncontrollable rage, a pull to the darkside, feeling that would continue for the rest of her life is she didn't visit a master healer in the next twelve hours or so. It was a dangerous move, doing this in her own home, but Valik had a PDA hidden under his shirt, a sith amulet that gave off a barrier to stave off attacks. In any case, the date, and his training, were likely over.

Aaralyn blinked as she gulped the tea down and then brought it away from her lips, a hand rising to touch her mouth. Something didn't feel right about herself. "Uhm..." She gulped again, finding it a bit difficult to swallow at first. "So..." She coughed a bit, her hand coming to her mouth again. "Excuse me." She swallowed again, her facial expression shifting from confused to concerned. "I, uhm, excuse me for a second..." She quickly stood up from the couch and stumbled out of the living room and towards the refresher. Her heart was beating fast suddenly and her vision felt a bit off, she reached for her sabers as she stumbled into the refresher. She crashed into the wall with a harsh thud as she attempted to enter the refresher, a groan escaping her lips as her vision continued to sway.

She looked down at her hands as she entered the refresher, she noticed she was clenching her sabers tightly and her hands were shaking visibly. She felt the burning sensation of anger at her very core, an undeniable hatred that sent sparks wildly through her system. But from where? How? She thought she was relaxed, nothing had changed. Could this be what Ember spoke of? About being Vahla? No, this was something far more sinister. This only started when she began drinking her tea....

Her tea! Her eyes went wide with realization and then narrowed into slits as she burst out the refresher, sabers in hand. "You did this!" She yelled across the room at the swaying vision of [member="Valik"]. "What did you do to me!?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"Uhh, you okay?" 'Keith' Asked as she headed over the Refresher. Once she was in the refresher however Valik promptly got out of the apartment and left. Heading down towards the stairwell he causally dropped his lightsaber and jacket over the edge, then looked about the ceiling for any nearby cameras. He found one, and with a grip of a hand crushed it telekinetically, before using Sith Mask changing his face to something new, a blonde bearded man, and joined up with some men on the 46th floor waiting for the elevator. With Art of the Small now fully hiding his Force Signature, both in power and alignment, as well as a simple white shirt and pants he'd blend in rather easily.

He wondered what she would she would look like when she got out of the 'Fresher. She was probably unhappy with him.

Aaralyn growled as she yelled at nothing but an empty loveseat and two teacups on the table in between that and the couch. The man had gotten away...and had done something to her to which she had no immediate way of knowing. Panic began to encompass her emotions, she didn't know what to do.

"Power and fancy moves don't make you a Jedi, kid." She could hear [member="Ember Rekali"] saying in her mind. "Be mindful of where you are...and who is around you..."

If anything was to be learned here, it was screen people thoroughly before accepting them after a charity auction, or hire a double. Aaralyn quickly ran to her comlink and punched in the number to [member="Ayden Cater"]'s private frequency, one which she was given ages ago. "Ayden, are you there?!" She said in a panicked voice, hoping he would pick up on the other end. "Ayden!?" The sound of a busy tone filled the comlink and caused her to cry out in frustration and anger.

Her eyes went wide with realization and she quickly punched in the frequency to Ember's private line. "Daddy?" She knew it was a long shot and after all the recent turmoil between her and Ember, she couldn't blame him if he let her just suffer. Somehow though, she doubted he would let that happen. Ember Rekali was a good man, he did a damn good job raising her as a daughter and a student, just some things she inherently didn't set in. "Daddy, please answer, I need you..." She said as she fell against the wall and slid down it, dropping her sabers to the floor. "I'm scared."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik entered the elevator and headed down to the first floor. Looking over to one of his neighbors he pulled out forty credits.

"Change shirts with me?" He asked, to which the man looked at his credits, then the blonde and bearded Valik, then began to take his shirt off. Valik switched with him, then turned to another man in a ratty jacket. "20 credits for your jacket?" The man did the same, looking at the credits, then Valik.

"Twenty-Five." He said, before Valik gave him the Jacket and the credits, before the elevator reached the floor and Valik headed out the door. From there he headed to the restroom and sealed a door behind him, before beginning a more difficult Sith Mask. A painful one. In a minute's time he'd be, for all visual purposes, a Chiss. Black hair, blue skin, and piercing red eyes. It was good to be a Sith Alchemist. One had endless possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom