Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Adventures of Snotface and Goofball: Commenor Edition

Lori hung her head a little as Caedyn Arenais relayed information about their mother. Her brows furrowed as she tried to visualize it all. Yet it was too hard!

She sat down on the steps and leaned her elbows on her knees as she tried to process it. Being away from their family unit for so long; well it seemed like a lifetime ago that they were all happy and living together. Yet still that was how Lori always thought their family to be, instead of the broken and shattered mess that it was. It was how she preferred to pretend that they were.

"Have you ever been captured and tortured, Cae? I haven't. Yet I was almost captured once. Still...I can't even imagine what Mom has been through. I think that it's expected that she'd be...unstable." Lori looked up at her brother, moreso at a loss than anything else. Her lack of experience in life seemed more apparant than ever. "I don't even know of anyone that could help her. Do you?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"The worst I've had to deal with are Assassin's from the First Order, and a small invasion force attacking the Enclave on Svivren" Caedyn replied a little dryly, taking no pleasure in said memories. Unfortunately it was the life of a Jedi to put oneself on the front lines of probable violence and danger in order to protect others, however that didn't mean one enjoyed doing so.

"Mom could probably do with more frequent visits from the both of us...-She doesn't have Dad anymore, so we're all that she's got. Especially after Rae-Anna and Bradshaw took off again" he voiced his thoughts aloud. The truth was that both he and Lori had been so wrapped up in their own lives that they hadn't spent a great deal of time together as a family unit. House Arenais was nothing alike what they once resembled.

"Mom needs a new sense of purpose in her life, I think" he added, "She was always happiest when she felt she was doing something good for the Galaxy. That usually meant politics, which I'm not exactly fond of, but it was her whole life here on Commenor".

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori felt a twinge of guilt for not really being there for....well, any of her family. When she was told to stay away because of the war between the Mandalorians and the Jedi, she did just that. That wasn't something that she wanted to get in the middle of. Nor did she want to pick sides. They were both family and not all family was blood.

"Alright, I'll see about seeing her more." Being alone too much was what got their Dad crazy, right? He fell after spending too much time in his workshop. Maybe it was boredom? She wasn't sure. There was obviously more to it than what she was ever told. But there was not going to be a time when she'd ever ask.

Lori chewed the inside of her cheek, pondering on what Caedyn Arenais had said. "A purpose, huh? I think we all like to have that. But hmm....I don't really know of any political job openings. That's not really my expertise either. But if I hear anything, I'll be sure to tell her." Maybe there was something to find on the holonet? How does one get into politics anyways? She doubted that it was anything straight forward or simple. Maybe one had to buy their way in?

Caedyn Arenais

C
"To be honest, from what our families been through thanks to politics...-I'm not sure it'd be good for her. Despite the fact it's what she knows, look at what happened with Commenor or with the Eternal Empire" Caedyn pointed out, moving to take a seat upon one of the thrones, seeing little else to do there now but make himself comfortable.

"Mom needs to feel like she's helping people, and doing some good in the Galaxy...-That and she needs Friends. Support" Caedyn continued, "She doesn't do very well on her own anymore. Not since here and Dad, not since Commenor and the Empire". NPC Treasury NPC Treasury had been a bit of a mess last Caedyn had seen her, and she very much blamed herself for it, yet she'd been through hell. With her and Veiere no longer together, her guilt and self-consciousness seemed to have gotten the better of her, much in a similar way as their Father's had with him.

"Something Humanitarian...-Positive but challenging" he suggested openly in verbal thought. He didn't know exactly what that could be, but it was a start to their brainstorming a better life for their Mom.

Lori kept herself seated on the steps, turning her body sideways so that she could still be comfortable while Caedyn Arenais sat on one of the thrones looking very much like the leader that he was born to be. It was in his blood.

It wasn't very pleasant to hear about how bad their mom had gotten. And of course it reminded her of what their Dad had gone through on Commenor. "I don't really know...Is she living all by herself? Or are there others with her? It's not like we could hire a babysitter for her or something..." It was sounding to her as though their Mom lost faith and trust in herself. More than likely others did too. If only she knew how their Dad got himself out of his slump. Maybe she'd ask him some time.

"I don't really do humanitarian work myself. And no doubt my ship would be too cramped for her. Only my room has a single bed. The crew cabin has four bunks. Two of which are already spoken for...What about you?."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"From what I remember, our Family's had a lot of involvement in community and humanitarian missions through Dad and the Jedi Order" Caedyn replied, his mind wandering in thought and consideration for what the future might look like with he and Loreena now being much older and able to have some semblance of influence and control over things in that regard; "Though it was always pushed through by the Jedi rather than being directly involved with Community of Government Organizations..." He added, quietly questioning whether there wasn't an easier way to do some good for Galactic Society.

"If Mom was open to using the Family funds to create more services for people regardless of their political alignment, it could be a good project for her. The problem is that she believes all the Bank House Arenais is in possession of is 'Blood Money' after what happened on Commenor and everything", he and NPC Treasury NPC Treasury had spoken about credits several times before; the Family funds were vast thanks to Veiere's efforts throughout his life and career as a Jedi and political figure (the latter more thanks to his Mom than anyone else).

"I've been wanting to do more for people, myself" Caedyn added, speaking upon his recent ambitions; "As a Jedi Knight, I want to be a positive influence and someone that others feel they can come to in hard times, so I've been wondering the same things in terms of future projects and possible investments for the sake of the Outer Rim".

"To be honest, I haven't touched our family funds either. I got a big payout from one of the jobs I did a while back and it got me to fully pay off my debt to Kaine plus interest, and still I had credits left over. Every job that I've had since then has just continued to fund my ship and my crew." Lori didn't really want to ask their parents for credits. She wanted to prove that she could take care of herself and accomplish things.

Lori chewed on the inside of her cheek in thought, pondering on different ideas like Caedyn Arenais was. "What kind of investments? Like hospitals or something? Or shelters? Or rebuilding homes that people lost during war?" Those were other things that Lori donated some of her credits too, however it was given to the Mandalorians. She kept that quiet though, given that such a thing could still be frowned upon with certain members of her family.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I've used some of them for the Enclave on Svivren, to keep it operating smoothly but then the missions that we take on for the Outer Planets Alliance have since been covering operating costs, so over time I was able to replace what I used" Caedyn explained his personal use of the family funds, however he'd been cautious about touching them too much for concern that his Father might say something.

"I know Dad's put it all to a lot of use with commissioning shipyards to manufacture Starships for the Silver Jedi and the Jedi Academy Network" he continued to voice his thoughts and recollections, though to be honest there wasn't a lot he knew in terms of the family assets and how they'd been spent. "The Order of Commenor was also established with it, as well as employing others under the House Arenais Humanitarian Trust, to work with victims of war".

"Yeah those are good idea's though, anything that can help people to recover from attacks by the Sith, or disaster relief of some sort. Care for kids without parents and that kind of thing..." it was a horrible thought but there were people out there in those sort of position, needing real help and not having the quality of life of privileges that he and Lori had grown up with.

Lori nodded, drawing up her knees and wrapping her arms around them. Caedyn Arenais had a lot of things worked out, with using and replacing some of their fortune. All that she had done that resembled anything close was to repay a loan from Kaine for her ship and crew. Now she got to look after expenses herself. Yet with no house or anything, her expenses were related to just her ship.

"Mom was an orphan too. So maybe she would like to help others that were like her. She likes to read, so...maybe she could help teach them? I dunno....It's hard to say what she'd like to do." And if their Mom was in a bad state like Caedyn said she was, would people even want her around their kids? It aas really hard to say.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"An Orphan?" Caedyn asked, glancing back to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun in surprise; "I didn't know that.." he remarked with a thoughtful demeanor about him. Truth be told, their Mom had never really talked about her family before them, at-least not around Caedyn. He hadn't really given it much thought until now, where he realized the fact and suddenly found it a little odd that this had never come up sooner.

"I guess with Dad being raised as a Jedi, and people like Uncle Darlyn and Yasha around, Uncle Kaine and all them, I never really thought to ask about her parents. Things were always so focused around living at home, and how Commenor was being governed..." He hoped that their Mom had never taken the lack of discussion as a lack of interest.

"I wonder how she'd do, managing an Orphanage herself?" He questioned, though it was more rhetorical than anything. It seemed like a similar job to raising Jedi within the enclave, having to educate them and what not, ensuring they had all that they needed. Though NPC Treasury NPC Treasury seemed to avoid everything Force related.

"She hasn't really told me much. Just bits and pieces. But I haven't really asked about it either." There were always other things on her mind instead.

Lori just sat there pondering on Caedyn Arenais 's thoughts of their Mom running an orphanage. She could picture it, however such a pursuit would be entirely up to her. "I'm not sure how she'd do. If she's....different now, then she might not be able to."

She frowned slightly while staring at nothing in particular. It was the parents that were supposed to be the stable ones; not the children. And yet, it seemed more and more like their Mom needed to be looked after.

"So shall we go back? Or? Was there something else that we needed to do here?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded to his Sister, content to head back, his mind thoughtfully upon their Mother and how they might be able to do her some good. Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun was right of course in her line of thinking, that the parents ought to be the stable ones, yet he supposed this was a part of growing up as well. They were fortunate that their mother hadn't taken on the likes of dementia for all the trauma she'd suffered, truth be told.

"Do you plan on sticking around on Commenor at all?" He asked, changing the subject in thinking of the House Arenais manor and the current state that it was in. He didn't expect that she'd do anything about it of course, however this had been their home for so long and part of him would always see it that way. If NPC Treasury NPC Treasury had been able to return there without the criticisms over the past, it might have done her some good too. Her trial had gone too public for that to be a realistic option however.

"I'm pretty sure there's nothing left for us here at all...-But I have to admit it's feels good to be back after so long".

Lori got to her feet, dusting herself off a bit before she walked down the steos. At Caedyn Arenais ' question, she tilted her head to the side a little in thought. "I don't really know....Jaster's Sparrow is my home. I don't really stay anywhere else. I haven't had reason to. My job has me on the move all the time. If I tried to settle anywhere, it'd probably be just neglected and never lived in." That was the truth of it. Lori just couldn't stay still. One would almpst think that she was running from something when really she was running towards it. And that something was her destiny.

"Commenor is special though...It holds a lot of joy but also...much Darkness. The seige and occupation destroyed everything for us." Even one of her beat friends, a secret crush of hers, had turned against them all and tried to get Lori to surrender to the Sith. But she was fortunate enough to escape. "It's like a big shadow hanging over our family. One that can never leave." And they could never break from it either, outside of walking away from their family for good. But of course both Caedyn and Lori couldn't do that.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I suppose you're right" Caedyn conceded to her words, "Sometimes I wish we could come back here and live as though none of it happened, like we used to as a family, but the damage has been done I guess" he added, airing his feelings and thoughts on the matter; "I often find myself missing this place. Commenor I mean. Most of my memories here are great ones, aside from the Invasion of course". He had grown up there alongside Loreena. They had known a life under great parents whom hadn't yet been sundered by politics and corruption, their world hadn't yet been robbed of it's blissful ignorance.

The two of them had began to venture back towards the exit of the caves, following their tracks and eventually finding the light of the exit, squeezing back out through the gap in the rock-bed to step out into the open air once more. It felt good to be outside again, far less closed in and no longer feeling the threat of claustrophobia coming over him.

"Well, I've got what I came here for anyway..." He concluded, turning to glance to his Sister, Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun in search for a hint as to what she wished to do next. Like she had already stated, there wasn't far they could go on Commenor to escape the weight of their families past.

Lori nodded. She felt the same way as Caedyn Arenais . She wished that things could go back to some semblence of normal. "I wish I had a time machine so that I could fix everything. Then maybe everyone could be happy instead of being apart and..." She took in a breath and let it out. "..sad." That was the way that she felt sometimes. Caedyn was sure to feel it.

She walked with her brother through the cave system, her hands in her pockets like nearly always. "I suppose that if I get some time, I could fix up our estate. Maybe at some point one of us will want to visit. Or retire. And it's a good place for you to raise your kids." Lori snickered, always poking fun at Caedyn for being in a relationship whenever possible. It was her job to tease and torment afterall.

Caedyn was more mature than she was and had gone through more of the harshness of life. For Lori, the most dangerous time was the Seige of Commenor. After that it's been smooth sailing for the most part. She was told to stay out of the wars and so she did. But everyone knew that wouldn't be lasting long.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn laughed away his discomfort at the joking remark about him moving back home to raise kids of his own; "Yeah I don't see that happening any time soon" he replied, shaking his head with a smirk. "Asaraa's with the Confederacy these days where as I'm busy between the Outer Rim and Silver Space myself..." he added, though it was something that had been playing on his mind most recently and it was a struggle not to let it show when talking with his Sister. Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had this natural way about her that seemed to just open him up like a book when they were together. It was like a twin-thing they had going, even had he wished to hide something from her, he likely couldn't.

"I have always loved it here" He admitted as they roamed the outdoors of Commenor, making their way back towards the speeders they'd taken to get there from the old derelict Estate. "I always hoped that Mom and Dad would move back here together one day, but I know Mom was scared about what people would think and say about her..." he frowned, speaking his mind on the pair; "I wish she'd given it a shot. People would have gotten over it with time".

Their family had been so closely knit, once upon a time. Commenor was their all, until Caedyn had gone to train with the Je'daii and their Mom had encouraged Lori to get to know their Mandalorian side, likely not wanting her to feel like she was alone without him around. "It's weird how much has changed..." he muttered under his breath, audible though regretful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom