Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private That's My Ship!

Nar Shaddaa/Orbit
13:02 local time

NypTmLQ.jpg

It had been a day or two since they broke out of the prison and stolen the pirates' ship. After that first day, Sam had really started to warm up to Matt and her mood had been steadily improving. She hadn't made any moves on him and tried to give him little reason for discomfort. Though she did love teasing him or making some joking advances just to watch him squirm now and then. she had also received a message from none other than her own hostage that he safely left her ship and droid with some "friends" on Nar Shaddaa for her to collect. To say she was surprised was an understatement.

They were nearing the planet and they'd arrive within the next hour at most. But that didn't stop Sam from sleeping like a log.

Dressed in a very large T-shirt from the ship's previous owners and her underwear, she was out cold on her bunk and sprawled out all over it. She finally started to stir and lifted her head with a struggle. A whine escaped her as she clutched her head. "What the hell type of drinks did those pirates stock?" she mumbled as she massaged her forehead and pulled at her hair to ease some pressure off her aching head. She shifted and slowly got ready to sit up. "I'm never touching that crap again." she vowed to herself as she finally sat upright on her bunk.

Still slumped over, she steadily worked on waking up. When she finally felt confident, she tried to hoist herself up but failed miserably. Whining some more, she slumped to the side and laid back down again. "Ma-a-a-att." she weakly moaned, unable to actually call out to him. She ran her right hand over her face and tried to prepare another attempt. "Ma-a-a-a-att!" she managed to call out faintly, hoping he heard. Her arm still hurt a little, but the kolto did it's job. It was almost fully healed by now and she could at least use it without much issue now. "I need help!" she groaned as she buried her face into the pillow and splayed out all over again.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

Last edited:
Making a few preparations - like familiarising himself with the ship's landing gear - Mathieu kept monitoring the fuel levels which were running rather low. Still, they were soon to arrive at Nar Shaddaa, the smuggler's moon, and would be able to get whatever they needed from there. First, they would go fetch her ship, and then, he would establish contact with his mates again. They must have thought that he had a couple of extremely wild nights at the club and boy were they right. 'Going for a drink' had never resulted in as much crazy as this one had.

Suddenly, he heard Sammy's voice, seemingly calling for help. Racing towards 'her' quarters, he hit the door mechanism hard enough for it to become a little loose as he rushed into her room, seemingly prepared for battle with his current pose. With big eyes, he looked onto the girl who had just fallen back down onto the bed. Letting out a relieved sigh, he moaned her name "Sammy" before walking over to her bed "You could've given me a heart attack, you know that?" he said, halfly joking, halfly serious. Sitting down at the edge of her bed and hearing it creak under his weight, the Morellian put a hand on her shoulder "Alright, it's time to wake up" he said, shaking her lightly.

Her response was disappointing to say the least, face still pressed into the pillow below. Shaking her a bit more, he continued "Come now, Sammy. Time to wake up." he said whilst looking down at his tired friend. "Okay then" he mused, gaining a mischievous look in his eyes as he started slipping his right hand and arm under her belly. Once it had reached around, he started lifting until she laid on his shoulder, held fast by his arm, face at the same side as his front.

Her weight not giving him any reason to pause, the Mercenary casually strolled out to the mess area where he started putting two cups of coffee and two big sandwiches onto a tray whilst nonchalantly keeping her on his shoulder. Before picking up the tray, however, Mathieu took out a datapad and read a couple of headlines from the news. Soon, the two were on their way again.

Arriving in the cockpit, the Morellian set down the breakfast on the dashboard and gently placed her in the co-pilot's seat. Bending down in front of her, he reached for one of the cups "Let's make sure you stay awake for a while, shall we?" he asked rhetorically as he brought the cup close to her mouth but stayed the last few decimeters in order for her to drink it herself.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Matt stormed into the room, sounding like he was trying to break the door down. Sam groaned and waved her hand at him to try and shoo him away. "Don't break the door down." she mumbled through her pillow. He sat down next to her and tried to wake her up but she simply groaned and shoved her face deeper into the pillow. "I changed my mind, go away." she groaned as she tried to slap him blindly. A spectacular failure indeed.

He spoke again, sounding like he would relent and let her sleep. She hummed happily and simply went limp to sleep further. Then she felt him suddenly hoist her onto his shoulder. "Noooooo..." she groaned as she tried to reach for her bed, but he was set on punishing her by depriving her from her sleep. At least he was nice enough to brew them both a cup of caf which prompted a happy noise from the zombie. But instead of putting her down for them to enjoy their breakfast...he decided on reading the news first. "Are you serious? Who reads the news?" he groaned as she looked up for a moment through her messy hair, then dropped her head back down.

He finally took the tray and made his way with her to the cockpit where he gently placed her in the co-pilot's seat. Immediately her legs came up to tuck herself in as much as possible. Her eyes opened as she smelled the caf in front of her. She focused on the cup and tried leaning forward to sip it while he held the cup, but he was simply too far for that to work. "You're mean." she mumbled as she reached out and took it herself. She retreated again and held the cup tightly in both hands against her chest to try and warm herself up. When she took the first sip, a wave washed over her and she could feel her body waking up. "You're the best." she mumbled with a content smile as she sipped at her cup. The more she drank, the more she started to wake up until she was able to reach out and take her sandwich.

Now in a predicament with both hands full, she figured out a solution and shuffled the plate to scoot the sandwich to the edge of it until she was able to take a bite off the corner. Repeating the action, she shuffled between sipping her coffee and eating her sandwich. A happy moan escaped her as she finally reached the center of the sandwich and experienced the entirety of its flavour. "I could hug you for this." she said after swallowing a big bite and washed it down with a big sip of caf.

Looking down at her, the Mercenary smirked teasingly as she asked whoever it was that would read the news. Keeping her fast on his shoulder, he turned away to continue reading for a couple of minutes before finally moving on. It was not like she could do much from her position anyways - at least nothing that wouldn't be quite the cheap shot.

It was cute how she desperately reached for the coffee, but it would probably be for the best as she really needed to wake up. "Aww, Sammy!" he said pleadingly as she called him mean "I'm not that bad, am I?" he continued with a smile as she took her first sip of the day and immediately received a way better response. "Now that's some timing" he thought whilst letting out an amused chuckle. Standing up, still not having done anything about the broken chair which the captain was supposed to use, he started eating his sandwich whilst keeping an eye on her. Who knew what kind of trouble she could get into whilst being in this stage?

Continuing, and from time to time taking a sip of coffee along with pressing a button or pulling a leaver to adjust their energy outputs a little, Mathieu gained a rather happy smile as she mentioned a hug. Her seating arrangement would, however, make any such action rather tricky. "I think we have to save that til later" he said, throwing a glance at her plate and tray. "But, if you're feeling generous, then maybe you could help me with my armour. We're about to drop out of hyperspace and I'll be a bit busy until we land. Your arm can handle it, right?" he asked with a lighthearted tone - if she refused, he wouldn't mind doing it himself, although she would have to wait for a bit before they could get off the ship after landing.

Soon, they dropped out of hyperspace, relatively close to the moon. Zooming in at a relatively rapid rate, the Morellian smiled, apparently quite fond of going at high speeds. "I've spent so many hours doing this stuff" he said happily and continued "But you should see my mate - If I can show off a few moves, he can dance!" he said, thinking of his friends and how good it would be to meet them again. It would not be long until they found a landing platform close to where they were going. But then, there was the whole thing about landing fees to deal with. At least unless they were really lucky.

She looked up at him as she was chewing a bite of sandwich. He asked if she could help him with his armour and she lightly shrugged. "I could." she answered after swallowing, then continued on to another bite. "My arm is fine. No need to worry about me." she groaned. It was the truth. Her arm was now quite usable and she would certainly be able to lift and mount the plates. Though there was something about him fussing over her that was quite enjoyable.

She finished off her breakfast and set the cup along with the plate back on the dashboard. They broke out of hyperspace and he kept a fast pace. She was rather jealous, watching him fly the ship so easily. Though asking him to teach her was way too stubborn a move to agree to. "I'm gonna get your stuff. I'll be back in a bit." she said as she waddled out of the cockpit towards where she last saw his armour...which was two days ago. She had to look around a bit before finding it and carrying the pieces back to the cockpit. Once it was all there, she started to clip the pieces onto the body glove. Her tired mind did get a little confused between his shins and forearms, though that was quickly fixed.

Once she was done, a smirk spread across her face. "If you feel like it, you can help me suit up as well." she muttered as she pinched a small gap on his backside between his armour plates to mess with him. With a smile she exited and made her way to her bunk. In a few moments she was dressed and geared. She took a few extra minutes to brush her teeth with a toothbrush that was thankfully still sealed. At least these pirates cared about some of their hygiene.

After getting ready, she made her way to the cockpit once more. She finished tying her hair then slumped against him, wrapping her arms around him and closing her eyes. "I'll get you back for carrying me around like that, just you wait." she mumbled into his side. "Might just tie you up and drag you off to use as a bed warmer." she threatened, though there was not a hint of weight to it. She pulled back and leaned against the wall, fishing out one of her last cigarettes and lighting it. "Let's get that ship." she said before taking a long drag to wake up properly.

"Thanks, Sammy" he said whilst she left the room, happy that she had agreed to help him and being quite sure that her response would have been very different the first day they met. After having gotten his gear on, 'dipping' into more safe routes momentarily as his hands got busy, the girl reentered the cockpit and leaned in against him for a hug. Keeping one hand on the control, his other rested around her waist. Although busy with the piloting, he still spared her a few looks and interested smirks as she plotted her revenge. "You gonna tie me up?" he asked in a teasing challenge before letting out a chuckle "and drag me off?" he continued. Thinking for both one and two moments, he quickly bent down and brought the other hand in under her knees to lift her up as the arm around her waist went a little higher, literally sweeping her off of her feet. "Are you sure about that?" he asked, keeping the same tone.

It was then that a surprised look appeared on his face as he quickly dove down on his knees so that she wouldn't fall as opposed to if he had bent down. Mathieu then grabbed hold of the controls, quickly steering them to the right, avoiding a collision with a wall. It only took a minute or two until the ship was landed and he finished previous conversation "All you have to do is to ask" he said, sending her a playful wink as she let her down.

"Okay" he replied, walking out of the cockpit behind her, grabbing his repeater and attaching it to his back as well as holstering his blaster pistol which laid on the kitchen table "I look forward to meeting your friends, Sammy" he joked as they left the ramp. In the distance, a Togruta, a Gamorrean and two security droids on their flanks approached them "Welcome to Nar Shaddaa, tavellers. We are happy that you chose our humble dock. We're just here to welcome you and collect the docking fee" The Togruta spoke eloquently as he handed a datapad to the girl, containing specifications of a rather hefty fee for mere docking, along with a few payment options. Feeling like she had the lead in this, Mathieu stayed silent but took a small step to be closer to her, probably the safer option if anything happened.

She shrieked lightly as he swept her up and held her in his arms. She gave him an unamused look, though there was a clear playfulness in her eyes. "All I have to do is ask to get it done." she teased, wrapping an arm around his neck. He suddenly dropped to one knee and the ship lurched as he corrected course. She laughed heartily at his mistake. "I'm not sure who's a worse pilot! You or me?" she joked as he let her down.

They disembarked and Sam saw the men the moment they got off. She glanced at him then back at them. "Lemme handle them." she said softly as her entire mood changed. She walked calmly, with accentuated hips and a naughty smile on her lips. "Awww, you guys gotta punish a girl like this?" she asked in a teasing voice. With one hand behind her for a moment to keep Matt back, she waltzed up to the Togruta. She traced a finger down his chest and back up again, leaning in slightly. "Tell you what. You let me off this once, I'll make it up to you once I come back." she said in a lust-filled, sultry voice.

She man looked flustered for a moment, but it was rather obvious what his thoughts on the offer were. "Sounds like a deal." he said with a confident grin, stepping aside. The Gamorrean didn't look impressed, but he was just a worker. He and the droids moved aside as well for them to pass. "Thanks." she said with a wink and started walking. The Togruta gave her a slap on the backside that, for a oment, broke her facade. But it was gone as quick as it came as she turned to give him a teasing glare. "Careful, handsome." she warned playfully before pushing on.

Once past and out of earshot her face contorted into a scowl. "If we come back this way, I'm going to shoot them and burn their bodies. You hear me?" she asked Matt. "Think they can land a fee like that and slap my ass as well? They're asking for a bolt in the gut." she spoke softly as she led the way to the impound lot Quain mentioned. She knew about the place. It was vile. And tricks like that wouldn't work. There was only one way she was planning on getting in...

Killing the slight smile that lingered on his lips after their exchange on the ship, Mathieu tried to look as grunt-like as possible, putting on a neutral face and staying back a couple of meters. It had not taken long for him to let out a hard "Got it", similar to the tone he often used when working.

Seeing her work caused his pulse to increase. She really knew how to work a man. Although he would have preferred not to, his mind went to the possibility of her just having brought him along and playing him for a fool. Deciding to put his mind on something else, he shook his head slightly and fixed his stare at one of the droids - it wouldn't care much for his stare and it would look like he was just doing his job. Soon, the deal was made and the group made way for the duo to pass through.

Still keeping a couple of meters behind her, the Morellian saw him giving her a slap. Seeing red, Mathieu kept walking forward but at a quickened pace, arriving by the scum momentarily. No one was treating her like that in his presence - at least not when he had anything to say about it. Although he had only known Sammy for a short while, he did feel protective of her. Especially in these matters as he already had ideas of what she had been through in the past. To claim that he was fuming would be a rather severe understatement.

Grabbing the blue thug's arm in a painful hold, he swung the man onto one of the battle droids, causing them both to fall down to the ground. While exposing himself to fire from the other droid, the Mercenary pulled out his blaster pistol and let off two shots at the surprised Gamorrean's head, ensuring a quick death. Too focused on the Togruta in his rage, Mathieu ignored whether he was threatened by the droid he hadn't dealt with or not. Instead, he turned towards the couple on the ground and fired a bolt to take out the droid. It had all taken but a few seconds and the Togruta just managed to bring up his rifle in time for it to be kicked out of his grasp by the mercenary. After sending him back to the ground with a punch, he picked the alien back up by the back of his collar and moved back towards the outside of the hangar where he could lean the man out over the ledge "Scum like you deserve the worst" he whispered, the threat of minutes of falling before finally hitting something solid being more than obvious.

However, with a sudden yank, the offender was pulled back and harshly thrown down onto the ground. Looking down at the man, now standing on all fours, Mathieu kneeled down and took hold of his cheeks with the right hand, turning his face so they could see each other in the eyes "Apologise" he demanded in a low growl.

While Sam couldn't have predicted such a reaction from Matt, she was not opposed to it. In fact it only improved her thoughts on him. The fact that she also had such a big, strong bruiser to help her out only made her feel more special. As he took care of the others, Sam drew a pistol and fired away at the remaining droid. She looked back at the Togruta with a cold, calm expression. She expected Matt to hurl him off the pad, get it over and done with. What she got was him throwing the man down in front of her and ordering him to apologize.

She calmly reached into her pocket and lit a cigarette, tapping her pistol against her leg as she smoked her cigarette. Tha man was terrified, looking between him and Sam. "I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" he stammered out frantically. Sam wasn't even paying attention. She held her cigarette in her fingers as she decided on what to do with him. "I would say you should rethink your choices the next time you try something like that. But sadly for you, there won't be a next time, little piggy." she spoke coldly and softly as she knelt down in front of him and shoved her lit cigarette up his nose, Matt doing a good job of holding him steady.

As he struggled with the cigarette, Sam pressed her blaster against his forehead. "Oink. Oink. Oink."

The back of his head blew open and a yellow bolt impacted the railing behind him. Sam raised her smoking blaster and rested it against her shoulder as she looked down at the limp corpse for a few moments longer. "You ruined my last cigarette, you karking skug." she said with mild annoyance before standing up and turning to face Matt. "You're making it hard for me not to like you, soldier boy." she reached up at his collar and pulled him down to her level. "Very hard." she muttered with a teasing grin before letting him go and running her hand down his chest.

"Come on. Let's go find my ship." she said on a more serious note as she holstered her blaster. But she stopped and walked back to the Togruta and started to pat him down. "I'll take this." she muttered, pulling a bunch of credits and another pack of cigarettes free from his pocket. "Scumbag."

She rose and walked along once more, giving Matt another sly grin before looking ahead.

Holding him still, one hand still the back of his collar and the other on the lower end of his back, Mathieu kept an angered gaze at him until Sammy spoke again. Looking up at her, seeing how her demeanour to the Togruta changed over just a few minutes caused him to worry. Worry that she had just been putting on a mask with him too. Still, the man he was holding was scum and deserved to be scared for a bit. It was a bit concerning seeing her put a cigarette up his nose but then, he had wronged her. What truly took him aback was the execution - he had been tempted to do it himself whilst in his rageful state, but not now when things had calmed down. Ideally, she would be there to stop him when he would go overboard, but that did not seem very realistic anymore. Perhaps he would have to step up, because despite how right and just it felt to have the lowlife die, executing him like that ultimately seemed wrong.

Letting go of the corpse which quickly slumped to the ground, Mathieu stood up and looked down at her with somewhat concerned eyes. But it wouldn't last for long as she soon started pulling him downwards, and he was almost glad to follow, momentarily forgetting his previous concerns. But then, it hit him that, at times, she could be behaving very similarly to how she had when she seduced the Togruta. Still, a lazy smile spread across his lips "That right?" he asked with a low voice as she let him go.

Not unfamiliar to looting, but still having qualms about how it had all went down, the mercenary moved on at a slower pace to let her catch up. Once she did, he looked down at her "Thanks for having my back there. Feeling a little bit better?" he asked, thinking of how she had dealt with the combat droid despite what the swine had just done.

As was often the case on worlds like Nar Shaddaa, the authorities which kept her ship did not have an entire building for themselves. Instead, they had floors 1309-1315 with the elevator only going to floor 1312. On their way up, the two found themselves as the only occupants of the elevator. "So, what's your plan for this?" he asked and naively continued "Got any papers proving that the ship is yours?"

He asked if she felt better and she gave a nod. "Yeah." she said simply, though there was a sound of relief in her voice. She looked up at him with kind, sincere eyes. "I've never had someone do something like that for me, Matt. Seriously. Thank you." she said softly, only wanting him to hear. Her usual hard gaze returned as she walked along the path towards their objective.

In the elevator he asked how she would prove the ship was hers. "I don't have anything. Except a droid that's also not mine, so he's a little unreliable. But he's my best shot. And if that doesn't work..." she drew her pistols and checked their cell capacity. She flicked the safeties off and holstered them again. "...I'll just have to ask a little nicer." she finished, looking up at him. She maintained her gaze for a moment before trying to move closer to him as sneakily as possible. She kept trying to move closer until she was almost leaning against him. She didn't say a word. She didn't want to admit anything.

The elevator doors slid open to introduce them to a busy office. Everything about it looked sketchy. She walked into the place and looked around to figure out where to go. She finally spotted a counter with a sign above it that seemed to be right. She walked over to the man with a friendly smile. "Uhh...hey there! I was told a friend of mine left my ship with you guys for me to come pick up. SS-54, basic paint. Got a cute little BB-droid with it too?" she explained to the bored looking man. She knew her previous stunts wouldn't work...and neither would she lower herself like that again.

"You got a permit or somethin'?" he asked her with a monotone voice. Her smile faded but returned just as quickly. "No, sadly not. Like I said, my friend left it here. Guy named Quain. If you need my name next to the ship, go fetch my droid. He can show you." she explained further, but the frown on his brow told her more than enough. This wasn't going to be the way to get her ship back...

His eyes met hers as she thanked him. It was good to see her softer and more sincere side, standing in stark contrast to the harsh and aggressive side she carried when they first met "No sweat" he said with a relatively confident and stable tone whilst using his elbow to gently nudge her side. Smiling at her gently, the Morellian eventually looked away and walked at a slightly faster rate when she returned to normal. He was probably looking like a fool, smiling like that, and chose to just limit what she could see for a bit until he too could go back to normal.

Well in the elevator, he listened as she told him of her plans, or at least what might resemble a plan. Standing a little bit infront of her, his head was angled to the side to see her as she spoke. Nodding, he let out a careful "Okay, asking nicely. We're good at that, right?" He spoke in jest, knowing that playing nice with strangers didn't seem to be her strong suit. His gaze returned to the front. As he watched them get near floor 1312, his arm instinctively went out slowly to reach for her. The Morellian wanted her closer, knowing that it was probably the safer option but too his surprise, she was closer than expected. His head turned back to the side as he angled his body to see her better. With a smirk on his lips, he spoke softly "Good thinking, Sammy. If something happens, stay close, or really far away" Taking a small step back, he wrapped a heavily armoured arm around her and allowed his hand to envelop her shoulder as he pulled he a close. Almost as if to prepare for what they were going to go through.

Just before the doors opened, he let go and walked in first to have a look around. Once thinking that it was safe enough, he let her take point and followed to the counter with the bored man. Negotiating with government officials or whatever he classified as really was not Mathieu's strong suit - getting involved seemed like a really bad idea. The guy behind the counter started asking them to leave which meant that this probably only had two solutions. Either, she managed to convince him otherwise, or, they'd have to use a more hostile approach. Not being able to help with the former, the Mercenary prepared to bring out his repeater and cover her to the best of his abilities. It was comforting to know that she was so petite in comparison to his wide frame as it would most probably make the task a bit easier.

Sam couldn't deny that it felt reassuring to have his arm around her. For tactical reasons, sure. But also because it felt comforting. He had a gentle and strong presence about him. It made Sam feel...safe. She pushed her thoughts aside and got her head in the game when the door opened.

By the counter, the man told them to leave. She felt Matt tense up behind her and allowed her friendly smile to crash. The frown returned and she nonchalantly drew a pistol and rested it against the counter, pointing the barrel at the man's head. "Now listen here, you old fart." she muttered softly. "That ship is mine and got left behind when I got kidnapped by pirates. You know what me and my friend here did to the pirates? We killed them with a piece of cafeteria tray until we got our guns back. Then we lit them all up like a Life Day tree. Those were hardened and bloodthirsty pirates. All I see in this building are a couple sad excuses for flesh and target practice. Now I got an SS-54 gunboat with a BB-droid on board parked here. If I don't get back that ship and droid right now, I'll burn this entire building down with all of you tied up inside of it." she explained with fire in her eyes.

The gun primed as she lightly pulled until the end of the two-stage trigger. Any more and the gun would fire. "So what's it gonna be, gramps? You gonna keep trying to throw your fat backside around like you're some top dog? Or are you gonna give me back my ship?" she asked him, resting an arm on the counter to conceal her pistol.

Broadening the position of his arms, resting them on his waist, Mathieu stared down onto the man behind the counter whilst at the same time hoping to hide Sammy's blaster from the cameras and other people in the room. Apparently, she seemed to want to try the diplomatic route - something which he didn't mind too much. For a moment, however, he dropped the mask and let out a slight chuckle as she mentioned their work with the cafeteria tray. While the idea surely had to put the fright into most people, the officer behind the desk seemed remarkably calm. Perhaps even a bit staunch in the face of the kind of threat he was being exposed to. But then, of course, they were on Nar Shaddaa - 'law enforcement' must have been used to these kinds of threats, especially the one who sat in an open area without any form of protective glass as was common in this area of the galaxy.

Staring at her and with a bored expression chewing on his pen, the officer eventually let out a "Fine, you can have it back" his voice was almost nonchalant as he turned the chair a little and begun working away on a computer screen which they had no ling of sight to. "Okay, I've punched through the details in the system. Go down two floors for processing. That's where your droid will be. Our officers will then take you to your ship and off you go" he said, venom in his voice and a practiced fake smile. "And do put the gun away, lass. If you shoot me here, you'll be swarmed by a dozen officers and a few mecs. And let me tell you, we are not your run of the mill pirate." he continued before looking back down at his computer - apparently done with the conversation and back to whatever he was doing before they arrived.

Taking a few steps away, Mathieu looked at the girl with a raised eyebrow "Feisty. Long lost grandpa?" he asked jokingly whilst looking around the room. Pointing at a door in the distance, he noted that it looked like the office's internal elevator and then went on "Something's fishy about this" His voice was low and lips barely moving whilst he stood close to her, clearly on the lookout for danger.

Sam was shocked at the man's lack of reaction. She was even more on edge when he simply relented and sent them off to another level. Though the cherry on top was the comment about their guard force. She was royally ticked off. "Like I said...target practice." she spoke with venom in her voice. She holstered it and walked away, sticking close to Matt. "I'll off myself if I'm related to him. The nerve of that guy." she grumbled.

He mentioned being suspicious and she nodded. "Same. Something's off. I wouldn't be surprised if he alerted those buddies of his. Safeties off. I have an idea we're gonna be walking into a trap. Everything about this place is off." she spoke softly, only letting him hear. In the elevator she faced him again. "Let's just get the ship and my droid, and get out." she said sternly before taking her place next to him. Her hands rested on her pistol grips as her eyes checked the elevator.

"You know what I'm in the mood for now?" she looked up at him again. "Ice cream." she admitted with confusion before looking back at the door. In the back of her mind, she kept worrying over what they were walking into. But for some reason her thoughts were now on the weird taste for ice cream in her mouth. "I'm blaming you for this." she said with mocking annoyance. "Never had this happen before. Now all I can think about is getting ice cream." she smirked to herself as she glanced up at him.

They were both in agreement - something was indeed off but if there was a trap waiting for them anywhere, they were bound to spring it. Really, how else were they supposed to find anything in there? If there was a way go not searching all six floors whilst fighting through hordes of these so-called 'law enforcement', then it would be preferable.

With a raised eyebrow, Mathieu slowly looked down to the girl at his side with an amused look in his eyes. She was staying close which caused him to feel much better than if she had kept staying a bit further away like she usually did. It was by far the safest option but deep down, he wasn't sure if that was truly the only reason behind why he liked it. Still, since it could be justified for safety reasons, there didn't seem to be anything too bad about it. "Blaming me?!" he asked innocently, putting a palm on his chest armour, right on top of where his heart would be "Sammy, I'll get you some real icecream sometime, okay? Brion style" he said confidently before remembering that she hadn't heard the name before. As if presenting a side note, he added "That's me, by the way. Brion is my family name" Just as he finished the sentence, the elevator stopped.

Just as the spring opened, Mathieu was positioned so that he could see a blaster pointed at them. Using the arm at her side, he grabbed hold of her waist and forcibly shoved her in behind him just in time before the blaster bolts streamed into the room. Heavy armour in all honour - but it would only withstand so much. Hopefully, her draw would be quick enough to take out the two guards at the opening before any real damage could be done to both the armour and him. "Blasted womp-rats!" he exclaimed as soon as the two laid dead on the floor with his armour smoking from several points. Bringing out his repeater, the Morellian started making his way out of the elevator quickly in case they tried anything funny. Of course, he carried the weapon with he left for a while whilst putting the right one on Sammy's back, just to make sure that she too got out in case she was injured. Once outside, he resumed a proper grip of the weapon, ready to fire at anyone coming at them but glanced to her "Sammy, are you alright? Did they hit you?" he asked, obviously concerned for her.

He promised to buy her ice cream which brought a smile to her face. "I'll hold you to it, soldier boy." she playfully warned. Though the name he gave confused her. "Brion, huh?" she asked to confirm. "Guess it wouldn't hurt to share. Name's Sheridan. Trashy name, I know. But oh well." she confessed. She could have changed it...but through all she'd been through her name was what kept her sane. Kept her identity. Changing it felt wrong...

The door opened and he shoved her in behind him as a stream of blaster bolts filled the place. She drew her pistols and pushed them past both sides of his hips as she let loose, firing at the two attackers. Once they were dead she stepped out from behind him and looked around. "You okay?" she asked as she rushed out of the elevator, taking cover by a table. He returned the question and she quickly responded. "Nah, I'm good." she called back, looking around the floor. "We need to move, otherwise we're in trouble." she spoke, glancing at him before looking at the rest of the floor. "Can you see anyone from that side?" she asked him, trying to spot more enemies on her side.

"I'm pushing forward." she said softly and laid flat on the ground. A few booths away she spotted a pair of legs behind a desk and took aim. He screamed and collapsed as a bolt tore through his legs before being shut up by one to his body. "Watch out!" she called out to Matt as she got up and took cover. Several people emerged and fired at them from all over to their front. Luckily she had a good spot so she was safe. "You good, Matt?" she asked him.

Nodding, he confirmed that he was okay too. Knowing that he was far from agile in the heavy armour, Mathieu wouldn't crouch in behind the table with her. While it was certainly possible, it would make it very hard to fire within the next few minutes. Strangely enough, the room they were in laid in silence - which was far from what he had expected from an ambush. It would have made far more sense for there to be teeming with people acting as more immediate back-up. To add to it - instead of sending them directly to a holding area, they seemed to have stepped out right into an office area which also seemed suboptimal. But this was not something which he was prone to complain about as in only seemed to be to their advantage.

"Not a soul" he said, looking out over the area. "But the coffee and tea cups are still hot and the paperwork is in disarray" he commented, eyes narrowing as he tried to see clearer. Although worried at first, a smirk soon grew on his lips - while she could be cute as a button when it was just the two of them, Mathieu was soon reminded of her incredible skill as she took out a hidden officer. It would not take long before he realised why they were sent to this floor as several officers emerged from behind the cubicles and two doors were thrown open. This was where the most manpower could be summoned at once and with little more than thin plastic or paper walls, had minimal cover for them.

The repeater came to life, releasing a furious flurry of bolts, first sweeping over a sector of cubicles and then one of the doors, mowing down officers and their light covers in the process. Several work spaces were set on fire as the laser bolts left a hot mark wherever they flew. "Taking fire!" he screamed as several officers shot at him whilst he did his best to move unpredictably, yet slowly, in order for the pillars to cover him. While he wasn't doing too great, neither were the officers in the door he focused on as anyone who tried to get out would be hit by several bolts. The mercenary raised the barrel of the weapon a little, letting the stream of bolts tear at the structure above the door until part of the ceiling eventually collapsed in on it. While he hadn't dealt with more than a few of the officers who had been hiding and hadn't been able to cover the other door, Mathieu soon turned around. Depending on what Sammy had been able to do, he would either try to focus on the remaining door, or rush to her cover.

Soon after she took out the officer, Matt came to life with his repeater. Sam stayed low to avoid getting shot as he sprayed down several of the officers in the building. It only took a few moments before he started to draw all the fire. At least his armour kept him safe as he moved through the building. He brought the roof down on a few that kept them occupied long enough. But when he turned to look for Sam, she was nowhere to be found.

Instead she was crawling through the spaces and cubicles to get into a better position. Her tiny figure made it easy for her to squeeze through and get in behind the officers.

Disarray soon plagued them as bolts started flying at them from their flanks. Sam skidded, jumped and rolled to avoid getting shot while firing at them every few seconds. She took a couple of them out as she maneuvered, but what she was really trying to do was get their attention. Soon enough almost all the cops were trying to nail the nuisance that was shooting at them from behind and to their side. Her plan worked, but now she had the problem of having a couple dozen people shooting at her. "This was a bad idea!" she called out before getting a target on one of them. She dropped him and moved in to drop another one. "Maybe not that bad!" she added with a smirk before rolling away and into more cover.

She waited for Matt to start mowing them down as she terrorized them, moving back in to push them out of cover then retreating again. She had a close call when she spun around a corner and slammed into a guy. Thankfully her reflexes were sharp enough to double tap him before he could shoot her.

She rose from her cover with a sickening smile and took aim at one of them...then nothing. Her smile faded as she looked at her gun. "Oh come on!" she shouted as she dove back into cover. She pressed her back into a pillar as she hid from the blaster fire. She scurried to reload her blasters, tossing the empty cells aside and slamming fresh ones into the grips. However before she could move again, a barrel pressed against the side of her skull.

Her mind went blank as she froze in place. She couldn't move in the split second it would take him to pull the trigger. And he had no reason to keep her alive. This was it...

"SAMMY!"
He called out for her, voice beaming loudly over the room, even getting close to drowning out the blaster fire instead of the other way around. His eyes scanned the room carefully whilst his repeater only fired a few rounds at the time, barely enough to keep the hostiles by the second door suppressed. Less of the Mercenary's focus was dedicated to firing as his step quickened and he looked for the girl. Unlike him, she wore no heavy armour and if any of these officers got hold of her, she didn't have much muscle to fend them off with either.

Finally, she appeared from under a desk, firing off her dual blasters before dodging down again. With the grace of a dancer, she seemed to make her way through the room, drawing fire to one spot, just to appear at the next a few moments later. Letting out a low chuckle whilst shaking his head for being way too worried, Mathieu let his heavy repeater come to life again, drowning the large office area in the sound of a stream of bolts.

With smoke coming from multiple places on his armour, the Morellian kept moving forward, leaving a small trail of short-lasting smoke behind him. At times, he jerked the weapon to the side suddenly, mowing down a couple of foes whilst setting fire to their cover - but his focus always returned to the doorway. Fortunately, he was looking when one of the officers pulled out a sleep grenade. Quickly shot down after the pin was pulled, the room behind the door quickly filled with a white gas which soon put it's occupants to sleep which allowed the gunner to truly shift focus to the very few men who remained in the room. Sammy had been quite efficient in dealing with those who managed to come inside.

Smiling, Mathieu turned to praise her when he saw the man raise a blaster to her head. Not going to let him get warned by the sound of a repeater going off, the Morellian quickly tried to approach silently whilst removing the leather belt which it was attached to in a fluid motion. Not lacking in strength, he then hurled the repeater at the officer, causing his entire body to be pushed back a few meters, rendering the shot he fired a miss. As quickly as he could, Mathieu then rushed forth and tackled the man to the ground. With the momentum, force and crushing weight of both himself and the entirety of his heavy armour, the Mercenary could hear how something beneath him broke, most likely an awkwardly placed arm and perhaps a few ribs. After throwing away the blaster the officer held, he turned to the girl, not even before having risen from the man beneath him "Sammy, are you alright?" he asked with a concerned expression. She had just been a twitch of the finger away from certain death, something which often left an impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom