Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's a real pretty knife by your wallet

Another day, another pocket. That's how I saw it. When you live the life of a street rat, every credit counts. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no thief, I'm just a kid trying to make his way through the galaxy. And if that means a few secret donations from those more fortunate, then I guess that's just what I'll do. I guess that's how I found myself in some old cantina on Nar Shadaa. Classy? Not quite, but I was good friends with the bartender. Or at least, that's what we say. In reality, he doesn't want it to get out that a kid beat him in a drinking game. So, now that I'd reached my hunting grounds, all I needed was a target to go after.

[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Drinking.

It'd become a staple of Preliat's new daily routine- wake up, wherever that may have been, and drift. Find something to do, chase something, steal to live, draw from his pension, and move on. But at the end of the day, he usually found himself in some tavern or some pub. The Mandalorian set his heavy leather jacket (he had left his armor with [member="Aditya Amadis"], back at the farm- though it'd take a while for her to find it) on the back of the stool. Nar Shaada had been interesting, he'd been there for the past few days...drifting. Wandering. Participating in events.

But never really staying in one place at a time. However, [member="William Seraven"] was about to find out exactly who Preliat Mantis was.

My golden eyes scanned the crowd until they rested on a man in a jacket. Leather. Looked real. Real leather generally meant a person cold spare a cred or two. My moves were quiet, well practiced on the streets of dozens of planets while my tail swayed slowly behind me. Keeping out of his sight, I knelt to the ground and started to slip my hand into where I was expecting to find his wallet. Something told me didn't want to get caught with this one. He was a bit brutish. Luckily brutish often meant insensitive to the touch of one like myself. Now where are you?

The movement in which Preliat moved was, less than pleasant to watch. He moved like his namesake, feracious and viciously quick. His teeth bared, and he stared down at the man with his hands in his jacket pockets. Preliat's knuckles and fingers curled inward, and he moved towards [member="William Seraven"], only having to move a foot or two. William would be good, but Preliat was Ori'ramikad- literal best of the best. Super Commando.

"You think I did not see you dip down and disappear? You think you can steal from me and get away with it, you weasel?"His hand went to grab William's collar and drag him outside- unless William managed to squirm away in time.

Hell... My golden eyes caught the fist and I instinctively ducked, just in case he took a swing at me. With my face safe, I quickly back away. Had to go, had to go NOW! Just before I could turn around to leave, a rather unfortunate occurrence happened. i slipped. Of course some idiot would spill his beer. It was a bar after all. I fell on my back and stared up at the man as he grabbed me and started to drag me outside. "Hey, watch the coat, that's the only one I've got!" Ok, maybe I had other things to be concerned about, but if worse came to worse I could possibly claw myself away from this guy. For now though, I think a scratch from my claws might just end with a one hit killing punch from his man. "I was just trying to get some money to eat, I swear!"

"There are many ways to earn a living. I sincerely doubt that a dishonest means of living was your first choice- and if it was, you're a pathetic excuse for a life and I should end you right here and right now."Preliat growled and his grip tightened on the collar of the man. If he had crushgaunts, he could snap his neck- but he was without armor and without any identification of who he really was. Not that many knew, outside of the Mandalorians, what he looked liked under his helmet.

"Give me a reason not to curb stomp you right here and right now."

[member="William Seraven"]

Not good. Really not god. Ok, maybe this wasn't my first thought of a way to make it through this life, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near my life. Facts were, not many ways a kid can get y at my age when he's travelling the stars. Still, I had to find some way to keep my captor from smashing my brains on the street. "I don't think you'd like the blood on your boots. And killing a teenage kid tends to be unpopular with any folds who view it, even if he has my background." Best defense? Probably not, but it was something.

"What exactly is your background then?"Preliat snarled. The kid was starting to get on his nerves. He grit his teeth harder, audible to the kid now. Definitely not good for them, but it was an angry habit. Preliat had a penchant for those- extremely bad habits occurring only in situations of anger.

[member="William Seraven"]

Oh yeah, like I want to relve that. My Parents were a plus, but beyond that, the background of a Zorren was never pleasant to hear. "A couple hundred years ago my entire species was kicked off my planet. Those of us that weren't exiled were either really good at hiding, or killed. My uncle was one of the not so lucky in that latter party. I was there when he was dragged away from my fther and shot in the head. After that, I wandered around with my parents, but we kept on getting mistaken for Ruferalihuin. No one wants to hire some person who lies about their species, especially when we're told we might eat clients. So, deciding my parents could go on without me, I set out t wander the galaxy. Got restless so i traveled from place to place. I take what I need to live, nothing more. Now will you PLEASE let me go?" My tail lashed out behind me to emphasize my point and if this guy didn't follow the advice, I was starting to think I show him what Zorrens did when their life was threatened. I preferred to bark, but sometimes a dog needed to bite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom