Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That wasn't my ship. [Deny-Edition]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
A pleasant silence followed in the wake of my manly yelp, and her giggle in response. It wasn’t one of those tension-riddled silences which only brought more questions and none of the answers, we were just two people limping on our last energy to a camp for succor. Wasn’t anything else to it. Didn’t even come to mind that I might be suppressing some major feelings right ‘ere and now, I am a Jedi.

Jedi don’t get to have such feelings, and yet I have been feeling awfully weird the whole time I am with this girl. Pretty frustrating, I blame the fall and nothing else. The walk continued to be pleasant though, all my weird thoughts aside.

Some people underestimate the power of a silent conversation, just breathing in and out. Enjoying each others company without it becoming awkward or conversations filled with clutter-talk with no meaning.

Then she broke my trail of thought, I shook my head looking at her confused for a second. Almost was going to ask what she.. well asked, but well suddenly my mind started working again.

“Almost feel like I didn’t base jump out of a flying freighter from Force knows what height. How about you?”

Even if Sardun had any ill meaning, in this state? He wouldn’t be able to hurt a fly, not even talking about an Echani Combat Expert or any of the Force Users in the Sanctum. Sometimes it’s a hard life, being a mere Jedi Knight.

Stories about how Varanin jumped out of a fekking skyscraper and survived to tell the tale.. well it made a man a tad jealous.

For some reason I felt it necessary to give her another short hugish thing, probably because I was happy that there was someone around who didn’t want to cut my head off. Or an autograph. I shuddered involuntarily, damn autographs.

[member="Marionn L'sa"]

Alright, she got full well that he would be grateful for her dragging her butt out to the middle of nowhere to collect a sorry soul that just jumped from an airplane, but a soft prickle at the back of her neck warned her that perhaps becoming a Jedi wasn't as easy for Michael as he would normally let on. It was something in the way that he clung to her, and that gentle squeeze from his arm around her that made her very slightly tense. It couldn't be easy to stay single from the moment of your oath to the end of your days, and Marionn had no doubt that there had been plenty of Jedi that had broken that particular of their oath over the years. To her eyes, things such as giving a man a purpose to fight and give his all was never a bad thing, at least, for the majority. No matter to what faction you belonged, there was always going to be a few bad apples that ruined things for everyone else.

Softly, she cleared her throat before replying, returning her eyes front and center.

"I'm not the one who thought jumping thousands of feet was a good idea. Besides, you're as light as a feather; I'm fine."

It wasn't that he was in any way anything less than a fine catch, but Marionn simply wasn't entirely ready to start looking at men the same way again. Sure, it had been a long time since the accident, but a certain feeling of guilt nagged at her whenever she thought about it, considering it had been her inability to recognize and control the force in her whirlwind of emotions. She had felt a spark that day, something closely related to the calming whirlwind Michael had sung for her, and she had pieced together that the electrical failure had something to do with her access of it, but she didn't know exactly how the two correlated. She had gotten angry since then, sure, especially during her grieving process, but nothing of the sort had happened since.

Perhaps the Jedi had something with the whole abstaining from relationships concept.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

Say it’s Jedi Space Magic, say it’s intuition. But I could almost feel the unease coming off of her in waves of.. well unease. Made me cringe just a tad, I ain’t the best when it concerns women. Never really had the need to either, when I was younger before the Order.. I was busy with training to be a soldier. When dad died.. I instantly joined the Order.

No time for girls, well except the occasional flirt in school. But that doesn’t give me a degree in Socializing 101. Don’t really mind it either, I am married to my sabre. It’s better I don’t have a clue how to socialize with the womenfolk, makes it easier.

I disentangled my self slowly from her, giving her a soft nod without actually looking her in the eyes. Better not to make it even more awkward than it had already become.

“Eh.. I feel much better, I.. eh.. can walk. Thanks. So.. how long ‘till we hit camp?”

Smooth move, Sardun. Fekking idiot. Why is it so easy to lead a squad of soldiers into a battlefield, but so hard to keep my head straight in these kind of situations? Ugh.

Figuring it was some sort of manly pride conundrum, Marionn allowed him to pull away with his insistence of being about to walk; he wasn't actually as light as a feather, so the freeing of her shoulders certainly was a relief. She rolled her shoulders for a moment or two, taking in a breath of fresh air. While he didn't distinctly stink... Michael sort of smelt like burnt cloth and hair, and it wasn't exactly pleasant. However, even more frightening was the hint of cologne that she could detect beneath his musk that was most definitely pleasant. If anyone was spooking Marionn, it would likely be herself with that sort of observation.

"See that tent up there?" She gestured to the lone blue silhouette almost lost in the waves beyond. "That's it."

In all honesty, it would probably take another couple minutes at their slow pace to make it there, and she would likely offer him a meal and some rest - Oh, damn. She really did only have one bedroll, and it did get cold at night. This was bound to get awkward, and fast. She eyed the encroaching twilight with a touch of distrust, but against dismissed her worries as trivial. Firstly, this was a Jedi she knew from the media. When had he given her any reason to distrust him? Secondly, he'd already proven his character during a trip down memory lane. She just needed to relax.

Inwardly sighing, she arranged her lips into the approximation of a smile again.

"Are you hungry at all?"

[member="Michael Sardun"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

Short Sardun Force Trivia. Anytime the Knight channeled the Force it took energy from him, that was the natural way of things. That’s why folks can’t just throw around Star Destroyers and Buildings around with the Force, not without any severe consequences at least.

So when he channeled the Force through his body, enhancing it to the point that he could survive such a large fall? Well.. that took a lot from him, which was why Sardun wasn’t able to talk or move for sometime. Had taken just too much from ‘em.

But yeah, with all that energy he had consumed.. Michael could eat a damn horse right now. That’s just not a respectful thing to say, because the Knight doubted that Marionn had a lot of food with her on this trip.

So he limited his reaction to a short nod, a smile and a few words.

“Just a tad, nothing too worrisome.”

His reaction was spoiled by the groaning of his stomach though, which Sardun tried to conceal with some badly-timed coughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom