Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That wasn't my ship. [Deny-Edition]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Roon
Confederation Space
Approaching the time of Dusk
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

A fiery bird of iron flew through the skies of Roon, a tail of fire trailed behind it; bading the horizon in a light of fire and blood. The sun was setting, and its dying rays cascaded on the hills of the planet’s surface. A midsummer’s breeze curled around the tops of the same hills, bringing refreshment to the grazing animals. All was peaceful in that part of Roon, until the fiery bird of iron revealed itself to be more than just a strange creation of nature.

Because the bird in question was not a bird at all, it was a ship. Neither was the tail a tail, instead it was a sign that the ship in question.. was pretty much farked. It was an old ship by all accounts, an YT-1300 light freighter.

They didn’t make those kinds of ships anymore, but this one was found on Raxus Prime. Took a few months of refitting and tinkering, but eventually it was ready to fly again. And fly it did.. until now at least.

There was only one man operating the ship, and that man was me. Michael Sardun, founder of the Army of Light and currently a Jedi in the Order. I never was much of a pilot, to be honest, but I always liked to tinker with ships and other tech. Saddened me a bit, as I looked through the viewport at the sea getting bigger and bigger.

Eventually I gave up, ain’t nothing I could do here. I got up from my crouching position, grabbed my sabre and ran for the exit. Already shortcutted the controls, so when I rammed the equivalent of the ‘Open’-button. I was welcomed by a gust of air, which made my robe dance around weirdly.

I looked back once, whispered my thanks and eh… well I jumped out.

The ship crashed into the ocean, and it was done. I on the other hand.. crash landed into a wide open field of meddows, not that I noticed. While prancing about in the air, I had used all the Force in me to strengthen my body.

So I basically slept it off on a field, surrounded by flowers.

Of all the unexpected things to happen, this might have been the strangest. Marionn had originally arranged this trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Sanctum, to recharge and get her body once again back up to speed. Lovely friends and fantastic food was all well and good, but for someone whose identity was tied so intimately to her form, lazing about and enjoying the comforts of civilization wasn't always optimal. Since arriving on Roon nearly a year ago, it wasn't unheard of for her to quietly slip away into the wilderness. In the beginning, a few of the others had joined her, but the frequency of her camping trips had ensured that solidarity was almost assured, as it was with this trip.

Atop a rocky crag overlooking a wide ocean, Marionn peered from her tent to observe the ancient ship begin its dive head-first to a watery grave, seemingly without rhyme or reason. In this day and age, with just about every safety in place to ensure such disasters didn't happen, she couldn't quite comprehend just what it was that had just occurred. Stunned, it did take her a few seconds to trace her gaze along the smoky path of destruction to see a figure falling to earth not too far from her current location. Was it alive? Dead? While her gut told her the pilot would need her help either way, she held little hope for them to be alive when she reached them.

With a sigh, Marionn snatched up her pack, loaded it with her first aid kit, some food and water, and set off toward the site of impact, as well as she could guess it. She alternated between a comfortable jog and brief sprints along open stretches of rocks or fields. It was much cooler along the sea than it was inland, so she wasn't quite as exhausted as she might have been, but perspiration still dotted her brow by the time she could finally see the sprawled body of the ship's pilot. Growing closer, she could see he clutched a lightsaber hilt in his hand. While, rather obviously, it was sheathed, she knew it took a mere instant for the thing to spring to life. And like any warrior, even while unconscious, he would not be parted with his weapon.

Her pace slowed to a walk as she approached, not wanting to alarm the presumably injured man. Now within a few meters, she could make out much less damage than she had anticipated. Besides tattered clothing and a few bloody bruises from impact, he seemed surprisingly well. It was because of this that her approach was so slow, allowing him in his unconscious state to taste her similarly light-aligned nature in the Force. He didn't seem to stir as she knelt beside him, placing her pack just to the side of his head, but she still hesitated in feeling for his pulse, her delicate fingers trembling as she pressed them to his neck, her other pale hand positioned just above his lips to feel for his breath.

[member="Michael Sardun"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

I ain’t much of a sleeper anyway. That’s the one thought that raced through my mind, as my eyes slammed themselves open and my sabre-hand was trying to put itself between the threat and my own humble persona. It was a good thing, that she had been creeping up at me, instead of jumping on me at once.

Just as she suspected, it gave my instincts the time to differentiate between threat or foe, and as such the sabre never came to life. Instead, I forced my hand down, and blinked again.

Eyes get kinda dry, with all that air forcing itself into them while falling. It’s so.. inconvenient. I let her do the drill, medically-speaking. I didn’t really trust my own senses at the moment. Too riled up after that base jump experience.

Again I blinked, and I couldn’t help but notice that this girl wasn’t too plainly looking herself. With the sun setting behind her back, it bathed her into a fascinating reddish/rose light. Definitely nothing wrong with tha--

Focus, Michael. You are a Jedi Knight, married to your lightsabre. Your head just got a big highfive from the ground, so that’s why you are all doozy and stuff. I nodded to myself, and accepted the wisdom of my firm and obnoxious subconscious.

You’d think that Freudeus’s Ego, Id and Superego would have more sway in me. But no such luck, I am afraid. Ain’t gonna have any fun.

I tried to cough a bit, to muster the strength and courage to speak to my.. savior? Guess you could call her that, though my bones seemed mostly intact. By the Force, I love the.. well the Force.

Finally, after licking my dry lips, trying to give it some measure of flexibility. I spoke. Sorta.

“Ehmeadokfd.”

Wait. That didn’t seem right, the feth is wrong with me.

“Ijduistwantidohalod.”

Alright, this was going nowhere. I tried to reach out towards her mind with the Force, man that stuff is handy sometimes.

“Ain’t sure what’s wrong with my speaking apparatus, but.. I appreciate the eh.. help. Sorry if I scared you with the Sabre-funk action. Got the reflexes of a twelve-year old.”

Admittedly, she did jump when his hand twitched, her blue gaze instantly rivetted on the currently dormant lightsaber held in his grasp. She snatched her hand away from him, but it was only mere moments before he relaxed and started mumbling some nonsensical gibberish, more than likely due to some sort of concussion or other. While she was no medical expert, the compact screen she extracted from her med kit would be able to scan him for injuries without issue. Similarly, a can of med-spray (a collection of things designed to disinfect wounds, numb pain, seal cuts and accelerate healing) appeared in her other hand during the scan so she could begin to spray the more obvious cuts and bruises while muttering generic phrases to reassure the pilot that she was only there to help, and he'd be okay.

That was, before he 'spoke'.

Marionn just about screamed as she dropped the aerosol can, this being her first experience with telepathic communication, and very nearly the most eerily unpleasant thing she had experienced. To be able to hear someone's voice, recognize it as the person before you, and yet not so much as see their lips move was an entirely unsettling thing. Thankfully, she had managed to hold only the scanning tablet, though when its soft ping announced the scan's completion, it too soon found its home in the long grass. Too shocked to form words, Marionn found herself plopping back on her ass, mouth agape as she wished just then that she had the sense to bring along some sort of weapon; she didn't risk knocking out even an injured man when he had a deadly lightsaber in hand.

Still, as her brain was able to process his words, she forced herself to look at the hilt of his lightsaber, searching for something, anything, to reveal his affiliation. Though it was a small thing to notice, she picked out the style as one favored by the Republic from her studies, though school seemed like a lifetime ago. Realizing he was a Jedi, Marionn scooted back just a bit before placing a hand over her racing heart, and laughed a bit to herself in relief.

"I'm sorry," she began when she sensed her reaction may have alarmed him slightly, "that's my first run-in with telepathy. Add that in with the previous scare, and you could say I'm rather wary of you, stranger."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

HOLY FETH.

That was my response to her screaming, I tried to look around and see what the hell was happening. Were we under attack? Was there a prowling Krayt Dragon behind me, and was I just too deaf to hear it? Were there even native Krayt Dragons on wherever the hell I was? I tried to whirl around, to face our menace. But.. fell down, because well, head hurts. You understand, right?

Then the woman started laughing, I grumbled. Was she amused at my face planted into the dirt, or did the Krayt Dragon turn into some kind of kitty. When she started speaking, I could only groan a bit. damn head.

Eventually, I reached out again.

“At least… it wasn’t a damn Krayt Dragon. Now, my ego has been dented sufficiently, would you mind helping my face out of the dirt? I seem to have lost my ability to properly move.”

Oh the horrid fate life had assigned to me, putting myself into such an awkward situation with a really pretty gir-- Michael Sardun, you are a Jedi Knight and married to your Sabre. How man-- Yes yes, MOTHER.

My subconscious is a buzzkill, if ya haven’t noticed yet.

Her mirth most definitely wasn't a reaction to his most unfortunate lack of balance, as comic as that might be under normal circumstances. She even began a lunge to catch him, though her fluttering hands fell just short of success. Giggle fit quelled, however, she fussed over him for a moment to carefully roll him over onto his back before gathering up med-screen and spray.

"No, no, you shouldn't be even thinking of standing. Just relax, you've likely given yourself a concussion." Marionn eyed the slowly growing goose-egg on his forehead with a slight frown before she reached into her pack to retrieve a cold compress. She snapped the currently solid gel to its active state and gingerly draped it into place. "Really, you're lucky to be alive after all that. What happened to your ship?"

Curious blue eyes searched him for answers as she moved to examine the rest of him, spraying remaining wounds with the med spray, content with the fact that the scan hadn't revealed any broken bones. Furthermore, he didn't seem to be in so much pain that he would need medication, so that was always a plus. Finally finished with the last of his wounds, she sat back and folded her hands into her lap, debating the merit of carrying him all the way back to the Sanctum versus transporting him to her nearby tent and radioing for a ride from there. Either way, this would be a rather tiring day, she could feel it already.

"Better yet... Who are you, Jedi?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

Her amusement was not lost to me, but at this point in time I wasn’t able to retort with anything. I was pretty vulnerable, like a little baby. If I had any candy, she probably would have been able to take it away from me without a fight. Then again, with her looks, I probably would have given it up if only she asked…

Then she asked me who I was, it took me a moment to formulate a response. Probably the fall, I really thought that by now the healing would kick in and make my tongue a little bit more willing to pronounce proper language. Alas, it seemed not to be the case.

So I just used the Force again. Handy thing, but where was my healing damnit?

“Michael Sardun.”

Depending on if she watched the news, I wouldn’t have to add anything else. After recreating the Army of Light and shoving my boot up the collective ass of the Sith.. well it makes a man sorta famous.

Makes me a bit uncomfortable, being known all over the Galaxy for my asskicking deeds. Far too easy to be recognized by the wrong people, but ain’t much I can do about that now.

Anyway, maybe she had heard of me, maybe not. She would tell me soon enough.

"Flying that heap of junk?" Marionn scoffed as her eyebrows shot up. She raised her gaze, following the smoke trail in the sky for a moment or two with an incredulous expression. What, did he think she was born yesterday? "And I'm Echani royalty. Yeah, right.

"Listen, I'll give you my name when you tell me the truth." She spoke while her gaze drifted back toward him, now slightly narrowed with distrust. While the fall might have addled his brain, she didn't think he would be dumb enough to expect she'd believe he was the [member="Michael Sardun"]. Perhaps the media didn't disclose personal information that was anything remotely approaching trustworthy, but to believe the man who had brought The Army of Light back from whatever dusty grave it had found itself was flying around in a heap of junk that had a hot date with the oceanic depths of Roon? That was pushing it.

To even consider she was in the presence of someone that great made her head spin; while it was all well and good to move through the social circles of political intrigue, there was something profoundly different in seeing a hero that lacked a voice in the media in the traditional sense, and instead spoke through his actions. Marionn had been brought up to respect warriors like that, and had kindled a feeling akin to admiration for such figures. While she hadn't followed the Army of Light's Rise as closely as she wished, Michael was one of the people she looked up to.

But there was something that made her look twice about him. Perhaps it was his similarly blue eyes that approached her own shade, or maybe the strong, angular composition of his face... If was hard to tell with a large goose-egg developing on his forehead, or the slight cuts and bruises marring his skin, but maybe, just possibly, it could be. But that sounded like crazy talk, even to her. Why in the world would he be in this part of space?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

I ain’t ever considered myself a hero, or some kind of celebrity. People tried to hang icons on my persona like it ain’t nobody's business. I never wanted that to happen, I thought it distracting of the real issue. The real problem out there, the Sith.

The more the News was reporting about the leader of the Light, the less they were focused on the atrocities of the Empire. It was frustrating at best, and maddening at worst. Request for interviews, balls and other crap, while I was trying to fight a war.

Never understood that world, with their niceties and customs when people were dying and tortured. But I understood her hesitancy to believe me, I received a lot of fan mail on a daily basis. Ain’t as fun as it sounds.

There were men who were scared of the truth, of their own self. I wasn’t one of them, I walked in the path of the Light and my mistakes were my own. The people around me would accept that, or not. It mattered little to me.

So I offered her something, as a matter of proof.

“I will show you who I am. If you permit me? It might get a little… intense though.”

To this day I do not know why I offered her that. I like to believe that it was my head, playing games with me. But maybe.. I wanted someone to know, someone I didn't know. Someone whose judgement was not painful.

While she wasn't very well-versed in the force, she didn't have to ask how he would show her to know it would likely involve some sort of telepathic communication, considering how they were currently conversing. Marionn was slightly skeptical, given fact that she didn't know how deep into her own mind he would be able to gaze if she accepted his offer of communication. It was more because of this that she was hesitant, though the tempting possibility to unravel his shroud of mystery eventually won out. Marionn sighed, reaching for the hand closest to her with a delicate touch.

"Only if it's not too taxing on you. You're still injured." Even as she said the words, a sense of giddy wonderment slowly began to overwhelm her nerves. She'd made a decision, and she'd never been one to not stick by it. The med-spray was slowly working its magic, easing the superficial ache of his bruises and cuts, but she was mostly worried about his poor head. Extending his consciousness might not be the smartest idea in this state, but Marionn really did want to know just who it was she was bringing back the the Sanctum, where he'd rest smack daub in the middle of her close friends.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

My fingers firmly wrapped themselves around her hand, skin to skin touch would make this much easier. Wonder if she knew that, or if the touch was meant to soothe one of us. I ain’t sure, but in the end it mattered little. Because the result was the same.

I wouldn’t have to use up all my resources to bring upon her the mental image of my fight against the Sith. Instead, I just briefly juggled around with the Force. Trying to draw upon the storm, feeling how it slowly circled around me. Taking me in its cold and unyielding embrace.

Being wrapped around in the storm, I felt more alive than I ever had. The pain in my head receded itself, and slowly backed away until it was but a little knot in the back of my head. Still present, but no longer inhibiting my reason.

Some men would make this into some kind of dramatic showpiece, I ain’t that kind of guy. I just simple said the following.

“Look.”

And with that word, she would be taken away into my memories. Looking at one battlefield after another, she would see not the glorified imagery that the press had made of it. But the desperate struggle I found myself, while warring against a whole Empire with but a few men at first.

She would see my path, and how eventually we turned the fighting through sheer force of Will. Our first moments of triumph, and the first touch of betrayal. She would see how my blade stabbed through the chest into the heart of my fallen comrade.

That and more.

I hid nothing, for I had nothing to hide. In turn, I only looked for a single thing in her.

The Light.

Once I found that, I found myself content and retreated back into the folds of my own mind. Waiting for her to finish seeing and feeling what I had seen and felt.

Initially, she was surprised at the way he clutched so tightly at her hand, but though she tensed momentarily, she soon relaxed as she subconsciously felt the Force pour through him. It was the sort of feeling that, though it would make one's skin prickle with the sense of unease that came from the unknown, its presence was soothing in its enormity. Though she knew nothing of how such a thing worked, she was content in surrendering herself to the knowledge that the Force was vast, and very nearly all-encompassing. Marionn closed her eyes as she sunk into a peaceful state of passive observation, and found images of all sorts begin to play behind her eyelids. While being no stranger to images captured on the battlefield, these held a much different tone than newscasts.

Through him, she could practically smell the desperation with which he clawed his way to victory, his ferocity strengthening his limbs with each precise swing of his deadly weapon. Unbeknown to her, a soft sound of despair slipped from her lips as her eyes darted beneath her eyelids to take in the horrors surrounding her. While she felt her own distress toward the fallen warriors, she lived these moments through him. She felt each swell of pride with victory, and the gut-wrenching pain of betrayal with him, living through his memories as if they were her own. Looking down upon the faces of his brothers, she felt twin trails of tears spring to life over her cheeks, and a soft moan of sympathy a ghost upon her lips.

Her hand shook within his grasp as he plunged his lightsaber into the chest of a man he used to so absolutely trust, her stomach doing little flips as she tore herself away from his memories with a strangled sort of sob. She fought the urge to retch as she leaned over him, hunched with beads of sweat forming over her brow. She fought to regain control over her racing heart and panting breaths, but she couldn't say anything for a time. Eventually, she noticed that her grip on his hand was near-crushing, and she relaxed to pull herself upright to sit upon her heels. Her bright blue gaze seemed subdued, even though she refused to look at him, for fear of more memories of wartime atrocities overtaking her.

"Marionn L'sa," she whispered, pulling her hand away from him and quietly gathering up the things from her pack and replacing them within their designated compartments.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

She understood.

That was the first thought in my mind, as she whispered her name to me. While her voice was riddled with pain, and a form of sadness which only appears when you realize that the world around you ain’t an idyllic place. When your naivety and illusions shattered.

It wasn’t fair to keep her in that frame of mind, this was only my burden to share. So once again I closed my eyes, and I sang a song of peace and tranquility. It was my nature talent, an aura of valor and justice. People basking it in felt more alive, their moral higher and their numbed feelings reinvigorated.

“I am sorry, Marionn L’sa.”

Those were the only things I could offer her.

As my music in the form of the Force swept through the area, I could feel its effect on myself. Finally the healing was starting to kick in, in combination with her own external healing.

I tried to stand up.

His song helped center her to be sure, to pull her thoughts out of the past and back to the present. Finished with her pack, she set it to the side as she caught him attempting to stand out of the corner of her eye. Hands empty, she helped him sit up first, then wordlessly hooked his arm over her shoulders and hauled him to his feet. Her wide stance was strong despite her slender figure.

"You got it?" She referred to his balance of course, because despite her earlier assumption, she wasn't actually all that keen on carrying him all the way back to the Sanctum. At the same time, she wasn't entirely convinced that it was wise to travel the few hours it would take to return there. She made up her mind then to bring him back to her tent to recover for the evening, as it was nearing dusk. They'd make the trip back in the morning, hopefully.

"I've a tent not to far from here," she paused to stoop for her pack and sling it over one shoulder, "We'll head there for the night, and head for the Sanctum in the morning?"

Finally, she was able to bring herself to meet his gaze, still emotionally a little off-kilter from the experience, but otherwise alright. If there was anything that could calm her soul, it would be music. That its origins were of the Force was just an added bonus. She offered him a soft, concerned smile, but otherwise didn't put forth anything else to say. What could she say? That she was sorry? None of what happened was her fault in particular, not really. While she was part of the general population that could help, that didn't mean that she had ever been in any position to be of use. She wasn't rather useful to anyone, at the moment.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

I think it was around that time I noticed that my robe was pretty much in shreds, and that she would have a very good view on… well everything above the waist. Yeah, around the same time she suggested we go and sleep in her tent. Totally a coincidence.

What? I am a Jedi, not a Monk.

Not that I would actually do anything with that stuff, my sabre gets jealous. Can’t do anything outside of it sadly. That’s the way it is.

I straightened myself out, and slowly let go of her. Took me a while to balance myself out, fell almost once or twice. But eventually I got the hang of it. I ain’t gonna be fighting rancors anytime soon, but I could walk.

At least for now.

I had a mission.

So that’s what I told her.

“I have a mission, thank you for your help. But I need to go forward.”

I wasn’t going to fight rancors, I was going to fight a friend.”

"If you honestly believe I'm about to let you wander off, injured and vulnerable as you are after a fall like that, you must have hit your head a lot harder than I reckoned." Marionn retorted, visibly bristling as if he had insulted her intelligence. Whereas he might be concerned about his ragged appearance, she saw nothing more than someone who literally just fell out of an ancient spacecraft, seemingly without rhyme or reason. While she knew Michael's identity now, her opinion of him was very slightly soured with the exchange, leaving her with doubts regarding the nature of his character. Did momentary success leave him to forget all the people that got him there? A great deal of those were normal people, just like herself.

Not trusting him to walk on his own just quite yet, she slipped her slight form under his arm again, with a firm hold on his wrist. While she was being a tad more firm that before, she honestly was a little miffed, but she did know why he was like that. She would likely attempt to do the same and save someone the burden of caring for her, despite how much she knew she would regret wandering a possible caregiver when burdened with the prospect of a long night with a possible concussion.

"I'd rather not have to knock you out, since carrying you and the pack would prove troublesome. It's this way, let's go."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

I hadn’t forgotten those who had helped me, their pale faces stared at me during the nights and their names were constantly on my lips. Like a prayer, phrasing it again and again. So I wouldn’t forget. That was the point, if I went alone, no one else would get hurt.

But as she slipped her petite form under my arm, in an effort to sustain me again. I knew it was all for not, the last thing I wanted to do was get in a fight. One I wasn’t sure I would be able to win, not in this state anyway.

Maybe what she said was wise, in this state.. I wouldn’t be able to face him. He would eat me raw, always had been one of my best students. I sighed, and then offered her a smile.

“My apologies, I was being foolish. Lady L’sa, thank you for saving me from myself.”

I looked the way she gestured, and nodded. A grin flashed over my face, for the moment forgetting what I was here to do.

“So.. we are to share a bed then?”

...Did I just say that out loud? What’s wrong with me. It’s the concussion, definitely.. the concussion, yes.

"You know I was kidding about the royalty part, right?" She scoffed at his use of the title 'lady'. It clashed horribly with her last name regardless. Readjusting her grip upon his arm to distribute the burden of his weight more equally over her shoulders, Marionn set them upon the path she'd used to get here, a relatively easy walk, albeit it a tad long. Then, he just had to add that quip about sleeping arrangements, of course.

"I knew Jedi weren't as pure as they're made to be. Try anything, and I'll beat you senseless."

Of course, her words were accompanied by an answering grin as the tension melted away. Alright, a sense of humor was always a plus. It appeared the knight didn't always sport shining armor, but she found an old suit to sport much more character. To punctuate her point, she snaked an arm around his newly healed waist and tugged him into uncomfortably tight to her side for a moment or two before relaxing her grip into something more innocently supportive. Dear, where had that strength come from?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I was pretty surprised when she gave me the equivalent of a hug, didn’t expect that. Then again, I don’t have a lot of experience with women, so it’s not like I know what to expect from them. Soldiers ain’t got time for lovemaking, and men married to their lightsabre even less so. Just the way of things, can’t change anything about that.

Still, it felt… good? Guess it did, warm fuzzy feeling all over the place. Can’t hurt right? Figuring it couldn’t, I returned the clenched uncomfortable quasi-hug with one of my own. Pressing her firmly against my own side, which elicited a suppressed groan on my part. Damn hip, I really gotta work on my Force Mastery. Before I break something permanently while sky-diving from the.. well sky.

At least for the moment my mission was a far away thing in the back of my mind, today we’d rest and get some damn peace. Tomorrow.. I would find my lost brother, and bring him back to the path. If I fail in that, I would make sure he finds his own measure of peace.

I made a promise, and I will keep it.

[member="Marionn L'sa"]

His groan, believe it or not, actually elicited a soft laugh from her. His cheeky response hug deserved the twinge from his injuries, which she could tell weren't entirely healed. While she wasn't privy to the force techniques he employed... C'mon. He was a Jedi. A simple fall from a doomed bird wasn't about to put him out for the count. They kept to the softly trodden blades of grass for a few minutes without comment, for Marionn found their silence to be passably companionable, and the going was pretty easy. It didn't take a terribly long time for them to approach the sloping incline atop which a solitary blue tent stood, fluttering slightly in the strong breeze from the ocean below. Still, while it was in sight, the tent was still a few minutes off.

"You holding up okay?" She inquired, perfectly happy to continue to support a portion of his weight over her shoulders if he needed it. While he wasn't light, neither did she find his weight to be much of a burden. Idly, she wondered about the mission he was on, but she discredited any worry with the fact that he hadn't attempted to capture her and force his way into the Sanctum, or something similar. If he was hostile, she was certain something dreadful would have already occurred, and that obviously wasn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom