Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That One Jerk Makes Music {Piano}

As some of you know, I play piano. What many of you don't know is if I'm actually any good at it. Well, this is the part where you find out, I guess. Over a year and a half ago I wrote a song called "Buried in the Sound", recorded it, then forgot it existed. Until now. While going through my files I happened upon this old gem of mine, mistakes and all.

It's... old. It's not of the best quality, recording wise. It's not even my best work. But to be honest I love this song. Always have, probably always will. If I still knew how to play I'd go play it right now.
I'm just going to shut up and post the darn thing:
[media]https://soundcloud.com/the-tyrant-bat/buried-in-the-sound-ver-1[/media]
Quick tag list of people who have expressed interest in my music before, if I remember correctly:
[member="Vrag"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Enigma"] | [member="Ventasia Terana"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"]
People who I wanna tag anyway because why not:
[member="Triam Akovin"] | [member="Darth Vornskr"] (I don't care if this isn't your genre) | @Literally everyone | [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Quite frankly, the only issue I found with the song is that a few keys seem to be played at the wrong time / played by mistake, such as at the 54 second mark. Even still, it could just be my sleep deprived mind playing tricks on me for all I know, so either way, that was a lovely piece. The ending in particular I'm a sucker for.

Keep up the good work mate, I can only imagine how good your songs are after a year of practice.

[member="Yvette Dusong"]
Yeah, there were definitely a few spots where I slipped up. Not sure why I never tried doing another recording of this. Guess I just assumed I'd remember it, like all the other songs I write. Everything is memory or improv these days. Well, and the occasional piece a friend asks me to learn (like Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley).

More importantly: Thank you so much for the compliment! Writing and music are the two things I care most about in life, so it really means a lot to me. I might just have to post a more recent song sometime soon! :)

I might just have to post a more recent song sometime soon!
Do it mate. I'm serious, do it. Your stuff, judging just from this piece so far, is pretty much the type of music I've been looking for to use as ambient music for threads / written pieces. Granted, if you're alright with that kind of publicity.

[member="Yvette Dusong"]
I'm alright with the publicity. Awhile ago I actually got about ten songs ready for a final recording so I could get a little album out on Band Camp. I'll probably still do that if I can remember which songs. Having people know about my stuff would be good for that, you know? And I just love getting complimented<3

Uh, in other words: I guess I'll be uploading more soon.

Shows promise. Apart from the few keys that were played wrong, it's soothing.

kind of reminds me of some anime style music.

I've been playing the Piano for over 14 years now. Strictly classical, with a focus on Beethoven and Chopin.

Keep practicing if anything. It's one of the most rewarding instruments out there.

[member="Vilair Revakin"]
At this point I've been playing for 8 years. Currently 15. Formerly focused in classical, then jazz, and now improv. No longer taking lessons due to time constraints. When I wrote this I was 13, I think, and in 7th grade. Only ever made one recording of it.
And yeah. I'll keep playing until I drop. There isn't a single reason to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom