Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Chat

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
ATC-Ark Class Station - Mid Rim Near Triffis
[member="Gray Raxis"]

Kurt stood quietly in a large common hangar bay wearing the armor that Kaile had made for him.

It was an outfit that he hadn't really worn in some time, a relic from his days as a Courier. She had made it originally because his job had gotten more and more dangerous, deliveries taking place on Nar Shaddaa and in Sith space more than once nearly leading to him getting killed. The thing was comfortable enough, though not as good as the clothes he usually wore. Of course, unlike those clothes this thing would actually protect, something he very well might need today.

Along with his armor Kurt also had his blaster and glasses.

Jamie had called him paranoid after he'd put all of this on, but after the little bit of research he'd done on both the item and the people who wanted to claim it...he felt a little bit unsafe. That was why he had chosen an ATC station, it was why he was wearing this armor, and it was why he had activated The Eve's slave rigged system just in case he needed to make a quick escape. There was no way in Tatooine's twin suns that he was going to get caught unaware.

Not here anyway.

There was plenty of security, lots of people, and he could survive a small truck hitting him head on.

Now he just had to get through this meeting without making a fool of himself.

The location for Gray's meeting with [member="Kurt Meyer"] had been sent to him. It was a station out in the mid rim near Triffis. As Kurt had said over their message, he was wanting this to be public and it would be. Cautious man. Gray couldn't help but respect that kind of behavior. As brash and violent as people thought Mandalorians were, caution and preparedness was their natural state of being when dealing with others. It was a behavior that was familiar to the blind man and so one he knew how to work with. For now, he just needed to get there and speak to the man face to face.

Arriving in his ship, The Wolf Fang, Gray walked down the ramp as soon as his droid Key landed it. He was wearing his clan armor minus the helmet. Instead what he had was a gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols over his eyes. He lacked any weapons on his person. He didn't even have any attachments on either. It would be clear to anyone who had some idea about how armor worked that he was complete unarmed. Looking around, he spotted the man he was here to see. Kurt was wearing some armor and had a blaster on his hip. The man was clearly ready for a fight and looking rather cool with his glasses on top of it. So Gray approached him.

Using the force to perceive around him, Gray walked up to Kurt. A friendly smile crossed his lips and he held out a hand for a shake. " Kurt Meyer. I'm Gray Raxis. Glad to finally meet face to face." He waited to see if the man would shake his hand or not. Judging from the man's stance and gear it was unlikely, but you never knew. After Kurt made his choice, Gray went on, " I'm not going to insult you by trying to butter you up with small talk. That item you won is a very important cultural relic and I would like it back. Not for free. You won it fairly after all. So with that in mind, what can I give you in repayment for the massive favor of returning that to my people?" With that Gray waited. He didn't know this man enough to know what he would want. He would rather find out from the man himself before throwing out offers.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Gray Raxis"]

The man seemed reasonable enough, though his original message still lingered within the back of the Courier's mind.

Text wasn't exactly the easiest way to convey tone of course, and it wouldn't surprise Kurt in the least if he had mistook something the man was trying to communicate, but suspicion was still a trait that had dug itself into the former Courier from birth. He didn't shake Raxis' hand. The act was a bit rude, and his mother would likely scold him if she saw it, but this wasn't exactly the type of situation where he was looking to make new friends with this man.

Not right now anyway. "I see."

Kurt said with a slight frown. After the original message he had in fact done a little research on the Mask, what it meant to the Mandalorian people and just who they were. It had taken some time, but he'd used Kalinda's library to actually figure it all out. Plus a little help from Jamie didn't hurt.

"What are you going to do with it?" He was still rather unclear about that aspect of the Mask.

For a man looking to get back in the game, where better to start than an ATC trade station? This place bustled, and though Lyn had never felt any interest in commerce, the various businessbeings' excitement was palpable. His empathic senses practically sang with their risks and ambitions.

And something else, too, a tremor in the Force. Nothing huge, just a spike as if another Master was onboard -- onboard, and taking part in the whole play of risks and ambitions too. More than once, Lyn had watched Sith and Jedi waste their lives and skills on doing business. One only had so many hours in the day, after all. Maybe this one would be weak enough to pose an opportunity.

A few minutes' concentration led Lyn to a public docking bay with several light freighters. His eyes settled on two men: one nondescript but wearing decidedly cool glasses, the other wearing helmetless Mandalorian armor and a strip of cloth over his eyes. Lyn headed that way, more or less, intent on hearing part of their conversation without drawing too much attention. If that happened, though, so be it. It wasn't like his hooded robe was inconspicuous.

No shake. That happened some times, especially when someone thought you were up to something. Gray had done enough business both as a mercenary and company man to know it wasn't personal... usually. What was a surprise for him though was when Kurt asked him what he was going to do with the mask. What would a none Mandalorian care what someone did with the mask? No immediate answer came to Gray's mind, but he had a few ideas. He was going to assume it was good intentions until the man gave him a reason to think otherwise.

" I'm going to give it to my daughter, [member="Yasha Mantis"] . She is the current Mand'alor and so it should go to her." Gray said without more than a second of hesitation. " I'd also advise her to open up a museum and put it in there on display for our people to see it. I own the armor of Mand'alor the Preserver and would donate it to the museum if she did. Our Civil War nearly saw the end of too many important cultural artifacts and pieces of Mandalorian art. That is what I would do with it."

It was no more than a few moments after Gray had answered [member="Kurt Meyer"] that he began to feel a strong force presence nearby. He frowned slightly. He didn't know if Kurt had an ally nearby or not, but he was leaning to it being a third party right now. This man struck him more as a solo operator. He said in a voice that was only loud enough for Kurt to hear him, " DId you invite someone else to tag along? If not, then we got an uninvited 'guest.'" After he finished speaking, he got his com into his hand from his belt inconspicuously. He was ready to send Key an order at a moment's notice. The little droid had full control of his ship, which included the weapons.

[member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

"No." Kurt answered quickly, though he didn't react more than that. Instead he shifted his stance slightly, to most it would simply look like he was trying to relax more, one hand resting on the handle of his blaster while the other gently swayed at his side.

The stance was something commonly seen on Tatooine, usually when you were talking to Smugglers. For those of ill-repute it was an almost universal signal that things were either about to go down, or someone was going to run away. Either way, anyone watching would likely assume that Kurt was warding himself against Gray, and not them. He frowned for a moment still though, considering the mans words and nodding. It was pretty much what he had expected.

Not the museum, he didn't care about that, but the part about Yasha.

From what Kurt had managed to dig up the Mask was supposed to go to the Mand'alor, the leader of the Mandalorian people. He had no idea who Yasha Mantis was or the trials she had been through, but he knew that he had something valuable.

"I want to meet her." He said dryly, pausing for a moment. "Far be it from me to comment on your culture, but as far as I understand it the Mask is supposed to go to someone worthy, and if I'm gonna hand it over..."

Kurt trailed off and shrugged. Maybe he didn't have a right to make that request, but he was the one holding the cards here, and he had an interesting idea in mind to how to solve all of this.

[member="Kurt Meyer"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

The spacer didn't look like he'd taken note of Lyn. The other man though, the blindfolded Mandalorian who might be the Forcer, might or might not have just palmed something from his belt. Something about his emotional state had shifted slightly too.

All right, then.

Lyn stopped and turned away, looking at a datapad. He called deeply on the Dark Side, building power invisibly. A non-Forcer wouldn't see or feel a thing. Unavoidably, Gray would feel an awful lot, though Lyn hadn't done anything. Yet.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Lyn-Char Beorht"] | [member="Kurt Meyer"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Sortz"]

Public hangar bay and all with several freighters docked in it already made it less than strange when an old man came in, pushing forward a repulsor-cart.

Behind him a Tro'zet that was about twice as large as he was.

"Well, all I am saying is that we could amp down the dampeners by a few percentages. Yeah, that would feth with the Gs, but we would probably be able to boost the voltage by a reasonable factor." He paused a reasonable distance away from Raxis and Mayer. Then turned around to catch Sortz' eye. "What do you think?" It was a drag sometimes getting a word out of the girl.

But shop talk usually helped a bit when they were in public.

Sorta.

"Just... put that there, will be a while before our ride arrives anyway." Of course, there was a reason Daro was here and it had nothing to do with the transportation or with any inertial dampeners. Sortz had been uncomfortable with the idea- but sometimes... you just gotta live a little.

Sometimes?

Robbing someone wasn't the worst thing you could do with your time.

[member="Daro Tarsi"] [member="Lyn-Char Beorht"] [member="Kurt Meyer"] [member="Gray Raxis"]​

"Well yeah we can," the green giant muttered as she followed.

She'd already argued with him that she should push the lift, but for some reason he did that thing where something he was normally fine with was bugging him for some reason he wouldn't talk about. Usually when he was stubborn like that Sortz just backed off and let him figure it out. Tomorrow he'd probably be back to letting her do the physical labor again anyway.

"Can doesn't mean should. First time we have to do any serious maneuvering, we'll end up unconscious. No thanks, not worth the extra volts. Won't even change that much, amps wise. Ohm's law, it's a fraction of what you put in. Sure we'd be fine most of the time but the first time it mattered? Snoozeville. Hard pass. That's a chit trade."

Sortz wasn't always good at standing up for herself, or in voicing dissenting opinions on stuff. Unless it was this. This stuff she had the confidence to say 'no Daro, don't be dumb'.

She put down the small (for her) crate she'd insisted on carrying cause it felt weird to not have something in her hands when he stopped. Casually, she scooted it over with her foot so he could sit on it if he wanted. He was old, he got worn out fast.

Honestly, Sortz had never been particularly comfortable with half the jobs Daro brought her on. This one wasn't much different from Geonosis or Terminus. Honestly, she'd trade Blackstar for this kind of thing any day. It was one thing to steal from a station no one really owned (at the time they were there anyway) versus from actual people.

"If you want to actually get any sort of appreciable power, we've gotta decrease the resistance. Which we can do just by replace the lousy wiring in that section of the Hope. You know they've come out with better materials in the last twenty years, right?"

Not that he'd ever change a single bolt on the Hope if he could avoid it.

Sortz didn't get it.

Daro Tarsi Lyn-Char Beorht Kurt Meyer Gray Raxis [member="Sortz"]

Karro's photo-receptors blinked on and off as he stared into the blue void of hyperspace. He looked down to his shattered left arm and let out a mechanical groan, his right arm held the steering yoke tightly. luckily The Nightingale was a fast ship, and easy to maneuver. He was on route to the nearest station his scanners could find after his run in with pirates on a nearby asteroid station. Now by run in, he was attempting to assassinate the pirates leader but had been intercepted by the entire crew. He managed to kill most of them but received a mangled arm when a wookiee pirate smashed him into the wall. He barely managed to escape through the air lock and get to his ship. Suddenly the tunnel of blue light gave way to stars and then a station.

He steered hard to dodge asteroids as the Nightingale swerved its wings from side to side. He aimed for the largest hangar he would see, freighters were docked there but he would have to make room. The ships engines sputtered and slowed as he was only a few hundred yards from the hangar. Karro pulled back hard on the steering yoke as the ship skidded to a stop across the stations floor just in front of a group of civilians. Karro knew he was leaking way to much fluid from his arm his internals were starting to shut down. The cockpit flew open as the droid climbed out and faced a group of people, one of them a Mando by the looks of it. The pistons in his legs shut down as the droid fell to his knees and collapsed. His red "eyes" going dark as his metal frame lay against the hangar floor.

Whoever the one person in robes was that had gotten near them was, they seemed to realize they had been spotted. Gray could feel them moving away from him and Kurt, but they had begun to build up the dark side energy into themselves. Not a good sign, but it seemed they were also trying to avoid causing too much trouble at the moment. It might be best to conclude this meet up as quickly as possible and head out. The main problem now was addressing what [member="Kurt Meyer"] had asked for.

Still holding onto the com unit, Gray relaxed himself a bit. He responded to Kurt, " That can be arranged. If you want to decide if she is worthy of the mask or not is more in line with our culture than you would think. As much as people want to go on about heeding the call of the Mand'alor, Mandalorians are not people who do anything blindly." He had to pause to chuckle a bit at his own comment. Not doing anything blindly says the blind Mandalorian. He went off after the momentary pause. " My point is that I appreciate you respecting my culture in this way. I'll be sure to let my daughter know and she will be sure to respect you in kind."

Gray held his hand out towards Kurt yet again to shake. " So do we got a deal Mr. Meyers?" He would wait for the man to do what he was going to do. He might get a shake out of the other man this time, but probably not. It was always hard to know with his type who kept their cards close to the chest. A thought did cross his mind though and he made sure to add right after Kurt's response, " You might want to get off station quickly. I don't think our uninvited guest wanted to have give us free credits."

Suddenly some noise came form the hanger bay. It seemed a ship came crash landing into it and stopped not far from Gray and Kurt. From the sounds of the pilot, it seemed to be a droid. The smell of oil and other mechanical fluids told Gray that the droid was likely injured too. Odd but weirder things happened. It was anyone's guess as well how long it would take security to make it here to question the droid, but he was sure it was going to happen. For one thing, it wasn't even in a proper landing location for them to weigh and charge. For another, it seemed like it had just gotten into some trouble and trouble always found a way to follow you. Regardless, it was time for Gray to figure out his next move.

[member="Karro Radin"] [member="Sortz"] [member="Daro Tarsi"] [member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Lyn-Char Beorht"]

Kurt glanced towards the crash, his gaze somewhat weary. A shrug rolled over his shoulders. "You know how to reach me."

As far as he was concerned that was the end of this particular meeting. He had wanted one thing to come out of it, and somehow he had managed to get that one thing. Of course he would have to deal with the consequences of his request, but with a little help from Jamie he figured that he would be up to the task.

How difficult could meeting a head of state be?

The former Courier didn't bother securing a handshake or even a wave goodbye from Gray, instead he simply turned on his heel and walked away. It was a little bit rude, but he wasn't trying to make friends. Plus with whatever...entity was standing near by ready to attack them Kurt didn't really want to stick around anyway. He wasn't a soldier or a hero, he was just a man with a knack for getting lucky. Without a second look Kurt ducked into the crowd and slipped away.

There wasn't a need to stick around.

Of course, from the crash that had just erupted within the Hangar bay ATC's security protocols kicked into gear, and within just a few moments Security would be making their way up towards the bay. It was why Kurt had picked this station in the first place.

Lyn found himself mildly disappointed and then deeply surprised. He retained enough presence of mind to avoid unleashing the Force in the direction of the skidding starfighter. Like various others nearby - not the negotiators, though - he dashed far enough away to be safe in case of whatever.

The man in sunglasses vanished into the crowd. A moment later, security poured in to assess the scene. Lyn wondered idly who would claim the starfighter and the broken droid. Not him, certainly. The ship looked nice, but he had his dignity.

He refocused on the man with the bandanna across his eyes, and decided to follow him now that the meeting was over.

[member="Daro Tarsi"] [member="Sortz"] [member="Kurt Meyer"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Karro Radin"]

Daro Tarsi Lyn-Char Beorht Kurt Meyer Gray Raxis Sortzhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/18351-sortz/http://starwarsrp.net/user/18351-sortz/

Karro's circuits whirred to life as the droid jumped to its feet and used its right hand to draw his E5 blaster and aim the weapon at the three men standing in front on him. His robotic head twitched as the droid backed towards a frightened woman standing in shock behind him. Karro wrapped his mangled arm around the woman and pulled her too him where he pressed the E5's blaster to the temple of her head. His speakers attempted to project his voice with several random beeps and cracks in his speech "I don't know where I am or who any of you are, but SPZZZ Im badly damaged and I need repairs SPZZZ and I need all of these guards to back off right now!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom