Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Thalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
QPlas2x.jpg
Thalia

OOC Info
Image Source: Andrew Williamson
Intent: To give Miss Blonde an AI to gift to someone
Development Thread: X

Thalia's General Info
Manufacturer: Miss Blonde
Model: NA
Affiliation: [member="Keira Ticon"]
Modularity: Can change her voice and appearance
Production: Unique
Material: Coding
Classification: AI
Special features:
•Military Capabilities
(When wired into an armor's HUD she can do active battlefield tracking of reports, weapon statistics, communication, and available options of advice and strategy.
•Piloting Capabilities
(Can pilot ships upwards to 200 meters, anything larger is a no go and can only provide one task at a time such as reports, warming up engines, charging guns, basic functions such as these.)
•Slicing/Hacking
(Able to send malware, viruses, and other holonet based attacks to enemy systems from friendly holonet systems such as FleetCom's or Intel Centers. Can perform basic slicing on panels or locked terminals as well)
•Voice Simulation
(Uses the holonet to grab any information on any historical person or figure living or dead and can simulate their voice and hold conversation from a first perspective if they have audio posted on the net.)

OL0SGdW.jpg
Thalia's Description
Description: A pretty pair of pistols for the gunslinger Thraxis, these power punching pistols are a custom creation from Reclaimer Arms & Industrial for the man to fit his needs and fighting style.

How shes built. Thalia is an AI, lines of code and programming but yet she's more than that. She's been programmed with with a core matrix that gives her genuine human emotions, this is due to a process of emotions being scanned from a brain, the full range of love, anger, sadness, and most importantly a sense of childlike wonder in the galaxy. But this doesn't subtract from her ability as an AI, this enhances her ability to understand things on a human level rather than being detached from emotions like other AI's. She's primarily built to be a companion but she does have the functions of a standard AI into her matrix. She's also programmed with various sub programs such as military applications, ships, and a special program that will be detailed later. Otherwise she is just built like your standard AI through lots of programming and time.

Abilities. Thalia is only as strong as what she's plugged into. If she's put into a droid body then she can only process data as fast as the machines processing powers can put out. So it's safe to say if she was plugged into a mainframe of a high end computer then she would be able to do a lot more from there. So this means her abilities to slice can be greatly reduced if she's in smaller bodies with lower processing abilities. Inside an armor or HUD she can slice simple terminals, but if she's in a mainframe such as a FleetCom mainframe or ground side intelligence center with plenty of processing power she can send cyber attacks through the holonet to disrupt enemy systems. Such as sending spyware, viruses, or general annoyances to help slow enemy systems. She can't singlehandedly take down the enemy's cyber system but she does have the ability slow it down or clog speeds through basic cyber attacks. She is capable of traveling through the holonet but it's recommended that she is plugged in manually for faster downloads into a system. She can be placed into an armor's HUD system or electronics and can offer assistance from one of her sub programs the Military Application. This app is filled with the ability to track real time battlefield reports, weapons statistics, communications, if it's a basic battlefield function then she can get it done in a timely manner. The military app comes fitted with tons of battlefield strategies from text books and she's able to help the user mark targets on the HUD or offer advice on what would be the best strategy in a given situation.

Another program she is fit with is piloting and ship programs which is again very standard and doesn't allow her to pilot ships above two hundred meters, it's primarily for smaller vessels such as freighters, corvettes, and star fighters. Ships above that are simply too much for the AI to keep track of and require a traditional crew. She can still be wired into a star destroyer or larger vessels but she would only be ably to perform basic functions such as giving damage reports or warming up the engines, basic prep work for launch or running reports throughout the ship but on these larger ships she's only able to perform one function at a time.

The last basic program she is programmed with is the simulation program, which is rather cool. It allows the user to speak with the dead. Well not actually speak to the dead but if someone has their voice from a video or sound clip uploaded to the holonet she can emulate their voice and speak to the user in a first person perspective using whatever information is available via the holonet and public records. It's a fun feature and allows users to let Thalia emulate both living and dead individuals for conversations and whatever the user has in mind. Again she is only able to access what is on public records and historical texts and can only emulate a voice if it has been uploaded to her or the holonet. (I.E. Interviews, speeches, news reports, historical videos.) if there is no voice uploaded then she can't emulate it.

Drawbacks. Obviously Thalia is vulnerable to slicers and other forms of cyber attacks, these can corrupt her and even destroy her if it's too severe. Another weakness she has is if the hard drive holding her a destroyed she goes as well. She's just a standard AI in these regards and can only do so much.

Summary. Thalia is an AI and companion to whoever she is in the service of, an AI that can perform the basic functions with a few other added flavors. Her main strength is that she can understand and process things on a human level, she's able to bond with a person emotionally and even form friendship with them.

Miss Blonde said:
Another program she is fit with is get piloting and ship programs which is again very standard. It allows her to pilot ships whether they be speeders, cruisers, or star destroyers. Larger vessels do require a crew still as she can not fulfill all the functions of a ship's crew. The amount of ships she can pilot at one time is all depending on what she's wired into, she's not going to be commanding multiple vessels from the mainframe of a frigate or corvette but as she scales up to larger vessels like flagships she'll be able to control more and help due to added processing power from the ship's cyber systems.
The processing power of the ship is not what gives an A.I. it's ability to do what it does, it is the programming that makes up the program (A.I) which makes it capable of performing. Obviously an Artificial Intelligence program can't be feasibly uploaded to a calculator or something unable to handle the memory and stress of its processing requirements, but increasing the processing power of the hardware is not going to make the program exponentially more capable. For example, a program designed to run on a current-day high end set of hardware (Let's say I7-4500K, 2 TB SDD, 16 GB RAM, and a minimum of a 2 gb/s transfer rate) isn't going to work very well in a set of hardware from 1999 (Intel Duo, 10 GB HDD, 750 MB RAM, 500 mb/s transfer rate), but will work very well (in terms of efficiency) in newer hardware than what it was designed for - but it isn't going to continue to improve with each passing hardware upgrade, and generally speaking, the larger the ship doesn't equate to greater processing power. A Star Destroyer could very easily run with the same computer power as what it takes to run a frigate (mostly because there are droids & biological beings who operate it, not just a singular program, which is pretty much impossible without overly complex programs or an A.I), but it is going to have far more parts to run than the frigate (such as more guns, more escape pods, more doors, etc.).

An A.I. does not obtain increased ability due to being placed in larger ships - an A.I may be designed solely for that larger ship, and thus outperform an A.I on a smaller one, sure - and actually has decreased efficiency in how it operates with larger ships. A single program, the A.I, becomes responsible for hundreds upon thousands of weapons, propulsion, maneuvering, doors, commlinks, hyperspace transmissions, subspace transmissions, life support, sensors, and so on. Basically, there will be dramatic performance drops as it moves up in terms of ship size and what exactly it is doing.

You describe the A.I. as being more capable when utilizing larger ships, and go so far as to vaguely imply/state that the program is able to take control of multiple ships besides the larger ship - this is not going to be the case. A singular A.I, with this kind of development, is going to see challenges and reduced efficiency/ability with ships reaching over 200 meters with equivalent features, and very likely unable to maintain any ship of star-destroyer size unless it is focused on singular tasks, such as firing weapons or simply navigation. Being able to control multiple ships at all is out of the question - it would need to be connected, physically, to a ship to control unless those ships are designed as drones and specifically for allowing this A.I. to control them.

We can discuss the logistics of this as they pertain to increased development, but that is what it is going to take for this to be allowed to proceed with what you have described in relation to fleet control.

Miss Blonde said:
but if she's in a mainframe with plenty of processing power she can send cyber attacks through the holonet to disrupt enemy systems.
Can you provide an example of what kind of mainframe it would be, and the scale/type of attack through the holonet you're referring to?

Miss Blonde said:
Special features: •Military Capabilities •Piloting Capabilities •Slicing/Hacking •Voice Simulation
Alright, so we have the description altered a bit, but your special features, aside from slicing/hacking and voice simulation, are not exactly explained.

Can you explain exactly what Military capabilities are, and the limits of such?

Miss Blonde said:
She can still be wired into a star destroyer or larger vessels but she would only be ably to perform basic functions such as giving damage reports or warming up the engines, basic prep work for launch or running reports throughout the ship.
I'd like an addition to this which explicitly states it can only perform singular tasks at a time on ships larger than 200m.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Braith Achlys"]

Edited also I have the military capabilities described in the sub

She can be placed into an armor's HUD system or electronics and can offer assistance from one of her sub programs the Military Application. This app is filled with the ability to track real time battlefield reports, weapons statistics, communications, if it's a basic battlefield function then she can get it done in a timely manner. The military app comes fitted with tons of battlefield strategies from text books and she's able to help the user mark targets on the HUD or offer advice on what would be the best strategy in a given situation.

Should I expand further? Basically she just performs basic functions

[member="Miss Blonde"]
For ease of reference, just have a blurb summarizing each special feature between the individual special features to make locating the information on each more accessible to those reading the submission. Personally I wouldn't associate a companion role as a military capability right off the bat, but the wording is up to you.

Miss Blonde said:
Affiliation: whoever she chooses to affiliate with.
Is this going to be written as a character? I'm asking because this level of choice, plus the intent stated, hint towards that. Either way, I would suggest simply labeling the affiliation as "Thalia", otherwise you will need to name a character/NPC/faction/etc.

Miss Blonde said:
(Active battlefield tracking of reports, weapon statistics, communication, and available options of advice and strategy)

Miss Blonde said:
She can be placed into an armor's HUD system or electronics and can offer assistance from one of her sub programs the Military Application. This app is filled with the ability to track real time battlefield reports, weapons statistics, communications, if it's a basic battlefield function then she can get it done in a timely manner. The military app comes fitted with tons of battlefield strategies from text books and she's able to help the user mark targets on the HUD or offer advice on what would be the best strategy in a given situation.
As stated in your description, please state that such military tasks are performed when directly hooked up to an Armor's HUD system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom