Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesz Corporation

The Machinist

T
Corporation Name: Tesz Corporation
Headquarters: Saki
Locations: None Yet
Operations: Biotech manufacturing, small craft design and testing, large vessel design, and space station design.
Rationale: With her family dead, and nobody able to tie their murders to a girl who hadn't cared about being ostracized by them, the only relation left to the Tesz line received all of their financial wealth. In so doing, she took that money and invested it in necessary equipment and a locale on Sika in order to start up a business.
Tier: 1

Description:
Though The Machinist was not born on Sika itself, she settled there because she liked the people and the overall tech mentality of the planet. As a mechanical whiz kid, The Machinist had sought an outlet for the ideas that she could come up with at a moments notice. There was no company that really allowed her the freedom to do everything she wanted under one roof unless she happened to own. Thus, she chose to start her own corporation and name it after her family because she felt bad for killing them.

The company started off in just biotech research in a small building on Sika. That was where she developed her robotic arms. However, though this field was rather lucrative, it didn't serve to satisfy the needs of The Machinist. She began to hire more people and spread into the design of small craft no larger than 50 meters, as she purchased a small dry doc facility in order to manufacture single test versions of these designs before selling the design itself and letting others do the production.

This turned out to be extremely profitable, as her designs were well received. She moved upwards, designing large vessels of war, leisure, and trade. These designs she shopped out to larger company's for building, while she started to worm her way into a contract with the Black Suns with the hope that her designs would eventually land her the capability of getting a full scale drive yard. At present that hasn't yet happened.

They are not in the business of mass production, but produce by order. Their ships are single build only, and usually just prototypes. Designs are sold to the client, who then has them produced by someone else.

[member="The Machinist"]

The Machinist said:
Arms manufacturing, biotech manufacturing, small craft manufacturing and testing, large vessel design, and space station design.
A Tier I or II company cannot do all of these things at once. Please either remove at least three of them or start doing dev threads to establish these departments.

The Machinist said:
Rationale: The Machinist started the company.
You'll need more rationale than just that. Where did she get the money to start this company?

The Machinist

T
A small company can't design, but not manufacture, two of those while doing three others? That makes no sense.

The Machinist

T
[member="Darth Janus"]

I edited the rationale slightly. I don't see a need for further explanation.

I'm not editing the other until you tell me why a small company can't design something and sell it to someone else to be built.

[member="The Machinist"]

The Machinist said:
I edited the rationale slightly. I don't see a need for further explanation.
The method which you describe her acquiring her family's money does not make sense. She was outcast from her family, so why would she inherent anything from them? How was she not investigated, apprehended, and tried for murder?

The Machinist said:
I'm not editing the other until you tell me why a small company can't design something and sell it to someone else to be built.
A tier one company is literally no more than a few workshops. Not factories. You would not have the personnel or the money available to be able to design and manufacture the products you have described or sell and market them all in a meaningful way. Not without doing threads to support this.

The Machinist

T
Darth Janus said:
The method which you describe her acquiring her family's money does not make sense. She was outcast from her family, so why would she inherent anything from them? How was she not investigated, apprehended, and tried for murder?
Why? Because there was no one else for them to give it to. It's her money. She is still a Tesz regardless of whether her family liked her or not. Why doesn't anyone ever hunt down other people for killing people? It's my story. There was nothing to tie her to the crime. She was always the reclusive one who didn't seem to care that her family kicked her out, so why would anyone tie her to the murder? Especially when there could be a myriad of other reasons for the murder itself? Needless to say: no evidence, no conviction.

Darth Janus said:
A tier one company is literally no more than a few workshops. Not factories. You would not have the personnel or the money available to be able to design and manufacture the products you have described or sell and market them all in a meaningful way. Not without doing threads to support this.
At this point I would like to point out that I never said that they mass produced anything. I assumed that it would be understood that, with my saying it was a tier 1 company, they would produce at a tier 1 level. Hence why she's pushing for a Black Sun contract and trying to expand. Their manufacturing capabilities are limited as such. Small scale arms manufacture and biotech manufacture is not unheard of. Think of it like a small company producing things for a limited clientele. The same goes for all of what they do. They are, after all, a Tier 1 company. There is no mass production going on.

[member="Darth Janus"]

The Machinist

T
[member="Darth Janus"]

Added a small line at the end since simply stating that they're tier 1 isn't clear enough as to their manufacturing level. This should clear things up.

[member="The Machinist"]
  • Please change your rationale into something more reasonable.
  • Please remove two of your manufacturing operations.
    OR provide a thread where these operations are developed sufficiently to warrant them being included in your submission.

[*]Please update your description to reflect these changes.

The Machinist

T
So I can only have one manufacturing operation? Right now I only have three, and they're all to order, not mass produced.

[member="Darth Janus"]

The Machinist

T
[member="Darth Janus"]

They now only manufacture Biotech and single prototypes of small craft designs. I'm leaving the designing in there of the others because they don't manufacture them. They are, in that sense, like an architecture firm which does the design and then bids it out to a contractor to build it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom