Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Tests

ZUE3Ntj.png
K7qgENt.jpg
Force Powers

Telepathy■■■■■
Telekinesis■■
Pyrokinesis
Art of the Small
Tutaminis
Force Orb
Psychometry
Alchemy
Blood Magic
Sorcery
Second Slide
Second slide content

Rhia Kesyk

R
cb28fae0b03e0bea01d7de08ea8993d2.jpg
Once upon a time a group of nameless Jedi came together in secrecy in hopes of protecting the future of their Order in a Galaxy at war. Children were gathered from all known Jedi Temples and Academies, the numbers from each minute to keep suspicions at bay; most were infants, too young to have formed meaningful attachments or habits too deeply ingrained. Together with a handful of Jedi Masters, each with their own unique set of skills, the children were shipped off to the farthest reaches of the Galaxy, away from prying eyes, where they were raised in the Jedi Path.

Crystalsong proved to be a most wonderful world to grow up on. Though the children did not know any different, the vast ecosystem and crystallized mineral deposits allowed for a rather unique setting. The native Nioks who inhabited the land surrounding the Jedi Temple were warm and welcoming toward the children whenever they interacted, though the same could not be said of many of the other species who were to be avoided at all cost. Thankfully the region they were raised within was free of any real strife, and their proximity on the edge of the Galaxy meant that the wars which plagued the central worlds never rippled far enough to reach them.

It was among all of this that Rhia was raised. A Zelosian with a strong connection to nature from the start, she felt at home among the forests and fields they called home. Even the strange crystal trees brought her unparalleled serenity, which allowed her to grasp the concept of meditation and peacefulness a little faster than her peers.

They knew no other life but that provided to them by the ageing Jedi Masters. They were raised with core Jedi beliefs as the cornerstone of their education, the Mantra was their first nursery rhyme and soon enough the Three Pillars were ingrained in their minds. The Force was something they became intimately aware of, brokering a connection with it one of the most important lessons they were taught. How to feel it, how to trust it, and eventually how to utilize it.

As with all things, however, the serenity of their existence could not last. After nearly a decade had passed most of the children were reaching an age where they required practical tuition, something most of the Masters could no longer feasibly provide. They were growing old, bodies not as strong as they had once been, and though they could have provided something in the way of training they knew that most of their students were nearing the point in time in which they would need true Masters of their own so that they might be prepared for the trials in their future.

While men and women had initially been set aside ready for when this time came to be, the state of the Galaxy had left most of them dead and the rest scattered. It was time for the Masters to find new mentors for the Jedi in their care...More Rhia Info Here
[/FONT]
e831e125dfc2e9e6f2f0ef3952a27ece.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Font Colour Tests

Arcturus: "hi this is my speaking colour" let's mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Arcturus turned to the blob fish and gave him an odd stare. What a weird little blob fish it was indeed! "hey, little blob fish, what are you doing?" he asked. The blob fish simply shrugged, which was strange because blob fish don't have shoulders.

Asha: "hi this is my speaking colour" let's mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Asha sat down and closed her eyes, eager to meditate as always because that's what Asha does. She meditates, and she knows things. She fell into the threads of time, and wandered along their strands. "strange" she remarked, as she witnessed the sea of web-like strands, "i dont think i've ever been this far before..." Only she had. she just couldn't remember doing so. Asha's memory isn't great, maybe she should see a doctor or something.

Auraya: "hi this is my speaking colour" let's mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Auraya sat there trying to lift a mere pebble from the ground. she'd been sat there for an hour now and all the damn thing had done was wobble a little bit. "i suck" she said, with a huff of hot air, and it was true, she did suck "they're going to make me grow crops instead" that was like, the worst of the corps... maybe she should just git gud.

Eliphas: "hi this is my speaking colour" let's mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Eliphas shook his head at Starlin's bizarre question, turning to look at the man as though he'd suddenly grown three new heads. "no master, i don't even know who this Arcturus person is. why are you asking if we're the same?" sometimes his master was a little strange... but that's what made him him.

Ideon: "hi this is my speaking colour" lets mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Ideon doesn't like to talk. he just glared at the person asking him questions, wondering why his ears hadn't fallen off yet. blah blah blah blah blah. "shush" the boy said. then he walked away, because screw them that's why.

Rhia: "hi this is my speaking colour" lets mix it in with some regular old text to see how it looks. Rhia stared at Cotan with the fires of a thousand suns ablaze in her eyes. "feth you old man" she spat, crossing her arms as she glowered his way. "you can't decide if i get to speak with him or not!" maybe giving Marus his number wasn't the best idea she'd ever had...

Last edited:

ayd2DFB.png

Thesh did not quite know how long he had been knelt for, though he was certain it wasn't that long, before a voice broke out in those foreboding ruins. Issued a command, the boy rose as quick as he could muster without the risk of fumbling and only then did he lift his head, once he was already up from the dirt. His initial instinct was to brush off the knees of his trouser legs, though he resisted that urge and instead looked upon the Sith before him.

The boy had never seen such a being, not ever in his life, but given that he had been raised on a predominantly human world, and sent to a human Academy, and then a human compound, it wasn't as though he had seen very many aliens at all. He stared at the mess of fleshy tentacles adorning the man's chin, before hastily meeting his eyes when realizing how rude it was to stare. But curiosity remained writ across his expression, where many would show only disgust. It was no secret that many within the Empire were racial purists, after all.

All at once the man reached out with strangely clawed hands and ripped the identification tag from around his neck, pocketing it before Thesh could even make sense of what had happened. He blinked, opened his mouth to object, and then just as quickly closed it without a word. It was just an object, albeit one his Master had expressly told him to wear around Bastion.

But they were not on Bastion, and his Master had entrusted him into the care of this... Man? He sounded like a man, but honestly Thesh could not be too sure.

A new order was given, then, and the boy stared, wide-eyed, for a second. It looked as though he wasn't going to answer, or that he didn't know the answer, but after that second passed he finally stammered out a response.

"Peace is a lie," he began, and though his voice was shaky the words were spoken with a certainty, "There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength, through strength I gain power, through power I gain victory, through victory my chains are broken... The Force shall free me."

As a sudden afterthought, he tacked onto the end one swift and respectful "Sir."

Or did he refer to his superiors in the Sith as Master, too? It was all so confusing, these new rules that made up his life. The code was something he did know, however, it had been a large focal point in one of the books his Master had given him to study from, to help him adjust to reading after so long out of the educational system, and in what little free time he had he'd read it plenty. He knew it was time to move on to the next book, but there remained a few words in that one - Aspects of the Force, the Light and the Dark - that he had yet to completely comprehend.

And in Thesh's eyes, that meant he wasn't done with it.

Asha Sar'andor

A

fPJd5KZ.png

"There's no need for violence."

Asha's voice held firm and steady, despite the fact that she chose to keep a low volume. Her hands had risen from their place at her side, fingers splayed and bare palms facing the trio of scavengers who had rounded on her upon arrival. She'd been here for three days now, carefully making her way through the ancient ruins of Kaleth in hopes of unearthing some previously unknown truths about the Order she served, an Order who had once called this place, this world, their home. Texts had long since been removed, the physical trinkets and remnants lost to looters, to time, to those who had come on into this place and claimed it as a city of their own.

All responsible for its desecration had died millennia ago. But that didn't mean the place was without its history. Words and sketches carved into the very walls themselves told a story, and Asha had touched her hand to many of those impressions intent on gleaning something from them, from the ones who had etched them in the first place. Taking echoes from the stone itself.

Flow-Walking would come last, she did not wish for her own misconceptions to play any part in such. A whole picture painted, it would make the experience far smoother.

Of course, she hadn't been anticipating this little hiccup.

"What do you hope to gain from such brutality?"

The trio looked between one another, for a moment sincerely seeming to contemplate her words. There'd been more before this of course, before she'd been forced to raise her hands at blaster point. Empty, they'd expected to find this place empty. She had not been on the cards. And yet here she was.

"You probs got somethin' on ya" one of them spat.

"Why not?" another asked.

The third remained quiet. He was jittier than the others.

"As things stand, right now, you've done nothing wrong. You could leave this place having done nothing wrong. No body left behind for someone to find, no ties to bind that body to you..." It was sickening, in truth, to think about herself as just a body left to rot, but she kept her exterior calm. Tried to ignore the knots in her stomach. Trust in the Force above all else... A slow and steady intake of breath, and she centered herself once more.

"Ain't no one gonna find no body" the second one spat, and he too seemed to recenter himself. Centered that blaster right on her. "Wha', you think someone's gonna miss you?" An ugly chuckle broke free from him, echoing noisily around the ruin.

Asha inhaled a slow breath, banishing the doubt which might otherwise have formed at such a query. She knew better, of course, knew that even if it was just the one soul in the Galaxy who would notice her absence that one soul would be more than enough. Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor would rain hell down upon them; that was not something she wished to observe from the grip of the Nether. She would not give him such fuel with which to burn himself out.

Typically those she encountered in such situations were flawed, but they were not above redemption. This, though... This felt different. The lightsaber tucked away beneath folds of clothing at her waist provided little comfort to the Lorrdian as she observed their mannerisms and knew them for what they were. Thugs. The cruelest of the cruel... They would give no real thought to putting a few blaster bolts into her and dumping her where Tython's carnivores could find her. Wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

So she stood in anticipation of that moment, the Force carefully conjured up around her. Let them try, she had decided then and there. Poised in preparation to call upon the amber blade. Oh make no mistake, a pacifist she might have been but she was no pushover. Soresu had made a home of her long ago, and at Cotan's urging she'd seen fit to resume her training of such.

Even so, it was a last resort she'd been hoping to avoid...

Last edited by a moderator:

Keh0r0O.png

A smile pinned the corners of his lips as she made her response, to which he shook his head. There were countless possessions here belonging to Eliphas Dune, second born son of Oskar Dune, but they would be of little use to him out there in the greater Galaxy at large. Trinkets and baubles and general tat that had been bought for the sake of it. To spend money, to waste their wealth, as gifts from parties hoping to curry favour with their noble House. Trappings and belongings he barely looked upon, barely touched.

"I have experience with packing light," he assured her, with an inclination of his head to add to the sincerity. His time aboard The Atale had taught him such, doubly so after it's untimely demise. After that he'd had only what he could carry. The boy had learned a lot, wicked away much of his privilege to see the reality of the Galaxy underneath the opulence he'd known. It had changed him. Hopefully for the better.

"I shall meet you outside shortly." After that, the pair went their separate ways. Valery to find his Father and Eliphas toward his room. The interior of it seemed like more of a shrine these days, a treasure trove which held not just his actual belongings but items which had been presented at his empty casket funeral. To look upon them made him feel nauseous. He focused instead on gathering a few changes of clothes.

Beyond the necessary items, there was one other thing he brought into his possession. A crystal necklace attached to some natural cording, accidentally taken in the aftermath of their tangling with the Witch of Alderaan. He hadn't ever informed Starlin Rand that he'd found it in his pocket later that day, he'd felt honestly guilty even when the previous owner had tried to run them both through for a bracelet. The necklace had almost cost him his life.

And he'd never given it to its intended recipient before she'd lost hers.

Perhaps he ought to have left it behind. He didn't. It settled into his pocket, and once he was satisfied with all he'd packed he turned and made his way back out. The boy paused only when he heard a sound from another room close to his own, that belonging to his sister. He felt certain he'd heard something breaking inside.

He crossed that threshold with little fanfare or warning, and found young Annalis knelt on the ground surrounded by shards of ceramic. Her eyes were red, her cheeks puffy, though when she looked toward him her expression tried to steel itself. Too late, he thought, Much too late... He knelt down before her, and silently helped with the gathering of those shards. They remained like that for a short time, picking at the smaller pieces which threatened to dig into their fingertips, silent in one another's company.

She was the first to break that silence.

"I don't want you to leave" the young girl had whispered, so quietly that he'd had to strain to hear her despite the short distance between them. "I know" he retorted. His tone was careful, though he couldn't keep the adoration from his voice. "You were supposed to come home sooner" she added. Her eyes flicked up from the ground, and she stuck him with a hard stare.

His own softened in response. "I tried to, Liss." She held him there for a moment with her puffy eyes, then got right back to gathering up the ceramic. "It was so quiet here without you. Everyone's always so... busy." His heart broke for her. Eliphas knew that loneliness all too well, it came with the territory of their position. Their birthright.

The boy didn't respond. Instead he set aside the shards he'd been holding and delicately took his sister's hand. She didn't fight him when he rose up and took her with him, leading her back out into the hallway and toward the room he'd thought he'd taken his final look at. Pushing the door open, he peered down at her.

"You can have it, if you'd like. Do with it all as you please." She didn't seem convinced, so he led her further inside. "You see that bookcase?" he inquired, with a gesture to one which was set against the wall furthest from them. Lissa nodded. "There's one red book upon it. If you're feeling lonely, pull it."

"What will happen if I do?" she asked, sadness momentarily cast aside in favour of unbridled curiosity. "There's a stairwell leading down to the servant's lounge," he explained, with a knowing smile, "At any hour of the day you'll find someone in there. Maybe Miss Nadine, or Gren. And they have boardgames, and tea on request, and they'll sit and talk if you ask them to." He reached out, turning her face toward him when she just stared at that hidden doorway. Offered her a tender smile.

"I know it's tough, little sis, but you're never really alone in this place. Besides, they're looking for that company too. Imagine their surprise when you patter on in." She hugged him close, no words necessary in that embrace, and he pressed his cheek into her curly hair. "Just... Don't tell mum or dad, okay?"

Lissa nodded in understanding. He gave it a few more moments, before pulling back. Holding her at arms length, he regarded her with a soft expression. "You haven't seen the last of me, you know?" he assured her. That brought something of a pout to her lips. "I tried to make something move," the girl confessed, "with my mind, you know, like the stories said. When we were in the room with that woman." Eliphas' eyebrows arched at that revelation, it had looked to him as though his sister had been hoping and praying for the opposite. "I wish I could come with you..."

He kissed her forehead. Deep down he was glad she couldn't. Glad that she'd remain safe here in his absence. Empress Teta was a haven. She deserved a haven. He dropped his hands from her shoulders, and simply responded with a knowing, empathetic look. "Come on... I'll help you with that vase."

When he came upon Valery once more, out there in the courtyard, it seemed as though a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He appeared lighter, more contented than he had when they'd departed the planetarium. Burdened by just one backpack, flung over a shoulder, it looked as though he'd done a fine job trimming away the fat of his inheritance. The remaining farewells would be far easier than the one he'd been dreading the most.

Rhia Kesyk

R

QSQ7oGQ.png

She could feel him, lingering nervously just beyond the doorway. One did not find themselves raised by a purely Sense-based Master and not pick up on a thing or two. For a moment she imagined how proud Vero would have been for her quick assessment of the situation, for taking note despite all the unseen obstacles in her way; then the dreaded realization set in.

Tears welled within her eyes all over again, and before he crossed the threshold she hastily wiped them and all evidence of their existence away. At least in so far as her one free hand could manage. The other remained dutifully upon the boy, upholding the soothing motions she'd unconsciously begun.

And then he was there. She didn't recognize him though she doubted they hadn't come face to face at least briefly after he'd hauled their escape pod onboard. He was likely the one who had led them to this common space in the first place. But everything was just a blurry mess. She wiped her eyes again, as though somehow that might clear up her vision, and looked upon him again as he made an offer of sustenance. Did she want to partake? Could she? Her stomach grumbled, but somehow she felt as though she might genuinely be sick if she even tried.

Water though... Water might make sense. The girl inclined her head. "Water, please... If it's no bother." Her voice was hoarse, more hoarse than she'd been expecting. She swallowed as though hoping it might solve the issue, but it didn't. With a little more time speaking, and some water in her system, she did not doubt it would fade.

It took her a little while longer to pick up on his uncertainty insofar as the ship was concerned. Probably food, know there'll be water or cabins in some capacity... Was this not his ship? If not his, then whose?

Her expression turned a little more defensive, rather dubious. She held the boy in her lap a little closer. Even in her state of grief, Vero Shif did not raise no fool.

"Whose ship is this?" she asked. It was... Probably not the most pressing question, not after what they'd just been through, and yet the reality was it now fell upon her shoulders, and her shoulders alone, to exercise caution for the both of them. There was no Master lingering behind the scenes, watching them from afar. There was no safety net. There was just Rhia, and Ideon, and that was that. She had to take his place now, in some capacity.

And Vero Shif was nothing if not cautious.

Auraya Irath-Ur

A

UlA7hWS.png

A lot of time had passed since Auraya was brought to Coruscant, and the realization that she was close to running out of options had first dawned upon her. She'd been swiftly handed off to a Jedi Knight, pushed into various lessons, and for a time things seemed to be improving. But then Zaavik disappeared. Everything changed from that moment on, and once more she found herself without guidance, without encouragement, with only herself to truly rely upon.

Suffice to say, it did not end well.

There were whispered talks of what exactly to do with her, did they send her away to one of the corps? Did they help lay a small foundation for an existence away from the Jedi entirely? Maybe they should see about sending her toward the Silvers, surely they could find a use for her in all of their infinite patience. The girl had shrank in on herself, she had for the first time begun to lose faith in not just the Order but in the Force itself. Had it forsaken her? Sure seemed like it.

So when the request was made that she oversee the transfer of a ship into Jedi hands she felt more than a little dubious. The girl couldn't actually pilot a ship, nobody had ever gotten around to teaching her how, but they'd provided her with a droid who could do precisely that. It only left her more confused. If they had a droid for the job, why didn't they just send the droid? Was this a test? Were they hoping she'd maybe just fly the coop and never return? Or were they gaging her abilities outside of the Force?

Either way she was in no position to really deny them. She gathered up a set of clothes, her training saber which had never been replaced by the true thing, and a cloak in case it was cold out there, then soon enough she was departing from Coruscant and traveling toward Epoch.

Though it wasn't necessarily far, it was a frustrating journey all the same. With nothing to actively do the girl felt as though she was being driven insane. Her future hung in the balance, and as had always been the case since the day she was born she had little to no say in where she might end up.

After a short while she took to sitting in the center of the cockpit. As she'd started to do these past few months, she levitated the training saber into the air before her and for the remainder of the journey she focused on breaking apart and rebuilding the lightsaber. It was something she had meant to do with Zaavik, that was construct the real thing this way, and though it hadn't happened that did not stop her from practicing all the same. It had become one of the few things she was even remotely good at... Oh, what use that would bring.

The droid beeped as they came out of hyperspace, and the world drifted below. After it checked for the relevant coordinates, the droid brought them down toward Odessa, the planetary Capital, and once docked she finally found her feet again. Lightsaber clipped to her belt, robe thrown around her shoulders. "Wait here," she instructed it, before disembarking. In her hand she held a holodevice which provided her with an impression of what the Jedi in question looked like. Nobody she recognized, though she hadn't recognized his name either.

No matter. It did not take her very long to find him either way.

"Master Feln?" she addressed him, though truth be told she was not inherently sure of his position within the Jedi. They hadn't given her much beyond the holoimage and a name to go by. "I come bearing your ship."

Ideon Taldrel

I

nXjB5t6.png

Ideon was the first to respond to the man's offer of rest; not with words, no, such was not his way, instead he slipped away from Rhia's side before the girl could say otherwise and sank down to his knees beside the warm fire. Dropped what remained of his fruit-filled bounty to the ground, and then pretty much joined them there. Curling up, his fatigue was quick to try and take him. How long had they been wandering? How long since they'd left Master Shif with the promise that he'd catch up with them shortly?

No, the stranger was correct. Deon did not have much left in him at all. And yet he did not immediately fall asleep either. Instead he peered up through the trees at where the owl was perched, his intrigue was peaked. The boy had always had a fascination for creatures, they made better company for people that was for sure. Simpler... They wore their personalities, their thoughts, on their sleeves. They were incapable of lying.

As the creature drifted away in search of rodents in the underbrush, he kept his gaze to the skies. When it returned, he hoped to know.

Of course that plan was ruined when the offer of meat was made. He shifted to a seated position, and then took an offered slice. Rhia opened her mouth to try and stop him, but she wasn't fast enough. When he eagerly chewed and swallowed and seemed to show no sign of anything untoward happening, she seemed to soften.

"repeating text to see the stretched version, ideon too new to have long posts"

Ideon was the first to respond to the man's offer of rest; not with words, no, such was not his way, instead he slipped away from Rhia's side before the girl could say otherwise and sank down to his knees beside the warm fire. Dropped what remained of his fruit-filled bounty to the ground, and then pretty much joined them there. Curling up, his fatigue was quick to try and take him. How long had they been wandering? How long since they'd left Master Shif with the promise that he'd catch up with them shortly?

No, the stranger was correct. Deon did not have much left in him at all. And yet he did not immediately fall asleep either. Instead he peered up through the trees at where the owl was perched, his intrigue was peaked. The boy had always had a fascination for creatures, they made better company for people that was for sure. Simpler... They wore their personalities, their thoughts, on their sleeves. They were incapable of lying.

As the creature drifted away in search of rodents in the underbrush, he kept his gaze to the skies. When it returned, he hoped to know.

Of course that plan was ruined when the offer of meat was made. He shifted to a seated position, and then took an offered slice. Rhia opened her mouth to try and stop him, but she wasn't fast enough. When he eagerly chewed and swallowed and seemed to show no sign of anything untoward happening, she seemed to soften.

VcwYEiX.png

"Thesh" was born on Ession to an industrial worker and his doting wife. The eldest of four boys, he secretly gained much of his mother's attention and affection and through his family knew true companionship from a young age. The absence of his father, who worked long hours and was often sent to the other side of their homeworld on business, left him shouldering a lot of the household responsibilities, keeping his brothers in check and providing them with a positive role model despite the fact that he was young enough to require one of his own.

He loved his brothers dearly, often leading them on adventure-filled forays throughout their sector while providing them with an opportunity to simply be children, unburdened from the responsibilities he himself had known. Back home the boys were expected to help out, cleaning and fixing up their home, working below-the-table jobs to keep their family afloat, and somehow mixing in a homeschooled education alongside it all. Though their parents meant well, unless Thesh specifically initiated play his younger brothers were not often subjected to it.

Around his ninth birthday his father descended into alcoholism. While it had always been a problem, lingering there in the background, and the phrase "addiction runs in our family" had been thrown around more times than he could count, the frequency and intensity of his father's rage-filled episodes seemed to increase. For his part, his father had always done a good job of keeping that side of his personality away from sons but as he slipped further into his addiction it became harder to control and to hide. When a much too young "Thesh" stepped in to defend his mother he found himself beaten back down and soon enough he was just as much a target for his father's rage than his mother was.

Much of the boys vigor and self-assurance deteriorated within those first few weeks. He kept his head down, working and cleaning and watching his brothers, yet that spark which had always urged him to run and play with them was gone. No longer did he step up to defend, or fight back, instead he shrunk further in on himself.

That was when the Sith came to Ession.

Fire rained from the skies and death lurked around every corner, at least that was how he would later recall these events. Whether or not the rest of his family survived these events he does not know, in truth much of his childhood has been lost to trauma. He was taken from his place of work, one of the many factories within his sector, and bundled up with many other youths into slave carriers. The last he saw of his home was a picture of chaos and destruction, yet where many of the other children fought he simply cowered and complied.

This was the Empire's first impression of him. A weak-willed child too scared to even fight for his own life, nevermind that of those he loved. Needless to say they were far from impressed. As was the case with all of the kids in the carrier he was shipped off to Imperial Space and placed into a slave compound. There they were forced into submission and taught to serve with a heavy hand. As various Sith came through the region each of the children were tested on their abilities, made to clean and fetch and follow commands on a whim. Expected to be neither seen nor heard.

The fifth of these Sith to pass through was more interested in experiments than slaves. Thesh was among the small group of children put through his tests, though after the first few milder ones he was set aside while some of the others suffered far worse fates. Though he did not know it at the time, he soon came to discover that this was because he had a high midi-chlorian count, and as a result he had to be shipped off to one of the many Sith Academies within Imperial Space lest the Sith risk the wrath of the Empire for wasting good inquisitor stock.

Though he had been given his way out of base servitude, his life in the Academy proved to be hardly any different. Still at the beck and call of many new masters, expected to listen and comply, he fell into a new routine - and one which proved much more difficult for him to keep up with. Cleaning and fetching and other such menial tasks came easily to him, but studying with his meager education, and duking it out against the other acolytes, proved to be something he was much less competent at carrying out.

It was there that his more craven tendencies began to rear their head.

Thesh would do anything he could to avoid the more physical aspects of his training, often hiding away within the vast archives or locking himself within his cramped dorm. Of course this was not something which was at all encouraged and the boy quickly found himself in genuine trouble with his masters. Beaten and coerced, pushed to breaking point, he eventually did as he was bid yet his lack of ability, added to his poor demeanor, finally landed him back on a shuttle headed for yet another slave compound.

There he was branded with an aurebesh mark and number - Thesh#028 - in order to keep track of him and note him as a slave to the Empire, and set right back to work. How long he was stuck there for he could not say. Time was not something which was measured around them, days bled into weeks, months into years, and soon the child unknowingly hit his teenaged years.

To look at him, however, you would simply see a child. Small, underweight, and lacking any confidence or real presence, he did a very good job of blending into the background and seeming insignificant. No more mention was ever made of his sensitivity to the Force, and the lessons he was taught within the Academy were swiftly forgotten. Education was pushed aside as it had been in his youth, leaving him at a poor stage of comprehension and understanding, and physical activity was limited purely to cardio in order to keep their endurance high so they could work for longer hours.

This was the state he was in when he was finally shipped out to what would be his permanent master; scrawny, timid, yet hard working, he arrived at the home of Darth Maliphant with genuine fear in his stomach. The times he had been sent to work with random Sith in the past had always been very painful experiences, where he was pushed beyond his limits, and going into his new home he expected more of the same.

What he found instead was something all together different. Given time to settle into his new surroundings and duties, which were not too different from what he had already experienced - only enforced with tone not fist - he soon discovered the underlying reason he had been transferred to Maliphant. Not only to serve, but also to learn.

Thesh - the name initially given to him by Maliphant himself due to the slave markings on the boys wrist and shoulder - had been placed back on the path toward becoming a Sith. Now his failure would not only reflect upon himself, but on his Master too. And yet unlike at the academy, the change in environment, and the careful consideration shown to him by his Master, brought out a more eager side of the boy. This time he wanted to prove himself. This time he wanted to succeed.

He soon discovered that he was not the only student under Mal's guidance. Thesh shared time and lessons with a woman named Nilia, and though they faced healthy competition within their training they retained a fairly strong bond when out in the greater galaxy. Nilia was the sister he'd never had, the older sibling he'd never known, and for once he was on the receiving end of another's care. Their dynamic was somewhat strained however, as Thesh was regarded by their Master as the senior apprentice despite the fact that he was considerably younger than the other student.

The introduction of Odana early into his training helped with the split in Mal's time. The woman was his overseer, she guided him while his Master was preoccupied, and took over the more physical aspects of his training. It was she who handed him his first training saber, and taught him the basics of Shii-Cho, she who left him bruised each evening, and taught him to take a hit from a blaster. As much as she frustrated him, Thesh could not help but begin to look up to the woman, and he looked forward to her training sessions as much as he did Mal's. Between the two of them, and the large selection of books on hand, the boy slowly began to learn how to read, and soon his education was back on track.

He discovered during his literacy lessons that he was extremely fond of reading. Not just that, but of learning. His free time was filled with dusty tomes and datacrons, and the speed at which he caught up to others of his age was rather astounding. Where he lacked in brawn he certainly excelled in brains. Both aspects of his training seemed to coincide when he was sent to assist Tsisaar Taral with the retrieval of an ancient tome on Kruskan. His first real mission and opportunity to show all he had learned, he found himself put through his paces. Ultimately the journey was a success, though Thesh did not return to Bastion unscathed. His injuries healed swiftly, but the lessons he learned both through experience and Tsisaar's teachings would remain with him.

From there a multitude of other tasks were set before him. Large tomes were expected to be read, meetings were sat in on where he was expected to pay attention and learn from Mal's lead, he was sent out with other Sith Acolytes, and sometimes Knights who required an extra pair of hands, where he was made to assist in bringing down rancors, or unearth some other piece of misplaced knowledge from eons past. He even began to delve into the more mystical aspects of his Sithly studies. Alchemy and sorcery. It was here that his interest truly began to peak. If he had been eager to study before, now it was difficult to find him without a book in his hand, or pages filled with ancient sith script he was copying out and translating. Maliphant even helped him with the basics of metallurgy, overseeing the construction and imbuement of a small Sith blade.

Soon he was branching out, searching distant archives for further knowledge on the art, hunting down great Sith Alchemists to assist in hopes that he might learn something from them, all while carrying out his Master's whim. He had come so far from his days as a slave that he was provided with a new name, one which transcended the boy he had been. Thesh became Arcturus, yet whether due to sentiment or as a simple reminder of how far he had come he took on his previous moniker as his surname. Thus Arcturus Thesh was born.

And then, without warning, the boy disappeared...
ZUE3Ntj.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom