Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Testing Limits

Draven had just contacted Saki Saki in regards to some projects he was needing to complete. It had been awhile since he last visited with his master. Really he needed to get in the field more and be more proactive. Though he had to take some breaks to work on his spiritual growth and focus on learning about the force, and the universe around them. It was a good way for him to try and tamper his temper some.

Now that he was thinking it was mostly under control. Draven was now going to focus back on furthering his skills. As well as get himself a more reliable form of transportation. Draven was currently located in one of the training rooms amidst The High Plane. Where he had a large block of dura steel steel set up. As he was experimenting now.

The young adult had projected the force around himself and refined it into a cloak. Acting as his protective barrier as well as a way to augment his abilities. Though he wasn't planning on punching it. Even though he was planning on hitting it. Draven shifted a leg behind himself and loosely planted himself to a solid state of balance. While his other foot aimed towards the block of durasteel. Both his palms were open handed. While his eyes intensely focused upon the block. Draven then began to focus and attempt to heat up the outer edge of his force cloak. Trying to balance protection as he didn't want to roast himself. While converting a portion of it to essentially form a heated blade.

When Draven started to feel the heat start overcoming the barrier. Draven went to do a swift chop the block at a sideways angle. The result was a block of durasteel shooting across the training room walls and smashing against it. Draven winced and released the heat by flowing it into a concentrated point. Before bursting a flame into creation and then directing it at the ground. Before suppressing the flame.

Draven heaved a sigh and walked to the block of durasteel. When he arrived the metal showed a slight sign that the metal had been heated.. but only slightly as it was appearing it was already quite close to cooling back down. Much to his disappointment. Shaking his head he grabbed the block and lifted the block up and carried it back to his original spot.

Draven repeated this process. Increasing the heat and momentum of his strikes. So, much so even with his force cloak. He was starting to gain a slight tinge from the heat and his blows were starting to give slight bruising. Considering he was expending more energy and attention to generating heat intended to slice. Though when it was all said and done he just had a few damaged walls, a very dented block, and well he would count it a lesser failure as the last time. The metal had a slight orange glow to it. In the spot he last struck.

Though sweating and needing to focus on other things. Draven cooled the air. Before closing his eyes and using the force to repair the walls to the best of his ability. From there he relaxed and took some time focusing on breathing techniques. Not sure when his master would be arriving.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Draven Eterena Draven Eterena

The sounds from the lab were loud... louder then many others did but the machine presses were exerting pressures that were meant to crush... everything."Ahhh." The one recording the results was there... Saki under the one press and allowing herself to channel the force for her matukai meditations... strength and body enhancement until she was able to lift or in this case keep the press from lowering... the closest thing to being able to channel the force to lift things but controlled so that they would have an idea of the upper limits of the force users. her robes gleaming as it allowed her own body to be powerful and impressive.

"More." She said it when she was there and her one hand was up holding it as the jedi master allowed her form to remain steady. The training gear a tank top and shorts on showing the tattoos that were aurubesh and matukai styled. Giving her a distinctive look among the jedi and her shaved head was freshly shaved. "We are running out of power master Saki, you have nearly reached the limits of this machine." He said it and she looked at him prepared for it with a nod. "Fine." The last hiss came as it was applying pressure and Saki remained there switching to using both hands and with the press she started pushing it up. The pressure making it strain for a moment.

Then it was all gone.. the smell of smoke as it lot power and was there... a press but it wasn't as heavy as it had been drastically losing the pressure that mirrored and created the idea of super heavy weight for the chamber. The redness of the room shifting as well when it moved out fo the danger zone. Gravity returning to normal while she stood there.. her muscles twitching but she stood there as the message came for her. ON the other side of the High Plane Draven was doing something and had contacted her so... might as well head there when she started walking first and then she was jogging across the high plane. It adjusting for her with heavier gravity to keep her workout going.

Then she was there and looking at him with arms crossed. SHe didn't need her equipment whihc was in the casing she had developed and the jedi were working on improving given the newest levels of improvement to her equipment. The jedi master remained there as she was looking at him and walked forward for a moment. The force coiling around herself as she finally spoke. "Padawan." She said it and looked at the durasteel he was using as well as himself.. she had a small grin forming on her face though and wearing the training outfit was different than her power armor.

Draven continued his breathing techniques for a moment longer and then wiped off the sweat off his forehead. Starting to feel rejuvenated as he had become more accustomed to quickly recovering from a challenge and preparing for the next. He knew if he was in a large scale combat encounter. Rest and respite wasn't a luxury one could afford no matter how difficult the challenge had been. There would always be another objective, always been another fight, and until he was broken or things were completed. It was important to be able to recover and move to the next step in little to no time.

Though when Draven felt a familiar force signature he paused. Then his hairs stuck up as he noticed the energy being radiated. While he instinctively called the force back to flow around himself. Even having a smooth and steady crackle to it this time. Not as prominent as his masters though enough to show significant progress from when he could only weakly channel the force through his body. Having been more accustomed to projecting the force outwards.

Draven turned directly towards his master and gave a polite bow. Before he turned his head back towards the block and glared at it for a moment. Before he turned his head back to Saki Saki and spoke directly.

"I have a few things I really need to accomplish. I seek to further my training and throw aside my current limitations. I wish to understand how I can turn my strikes into a blade. As I can punch, kick, throw, pin, and crush things well now and while I can always become stronger with my blows and further my strength. I wondered what if I need something cut, or pierced and I only have my body and the force at my disposal.

I want to exceed my current limitations of speed and strength. Heighten my resilience and my recovery. As well lastly. I wish to learn about crafting weaponry, embuing robes with protection which can rival armor while remaining light, and I am hopeful I can construct a ship. Because I really would benefit from having my own form of transportation."

Draven was direct to why he summoned his master. He knew it was an extensive list. Though he also knew that each project he presented was areas he sought growth in. He was confident his master was the best person who could guide his growth in these areas. The one he was being experimental with. He was merely hoping she could offer him suggestions or ways he could improve upon his current approach.

Saki

Standing there and listening to him she raised an eyebrow... he wanted a lot.... more than most but it was all doable. The jedi had a more robust level of training that could be done as well. She let out a long whistle while looking at him though. "That is quite impressive as a list of what you want padawan." She said it crossing her arms but she never said no.. just moved forward and offered a nod of her head. "As to cutting with a punch it could be done but one needs a lot more control and skill. I am not going to do to you what was done to me even if I did turn out to be this awesome."

She said it as a joke but her master had made a padawan have to use the most dangerous and aggressive forms... made her have to learn how to get angry and control it when she was barely a teenager... even she wasn't going to do something like that to her own padawan. "FOr that there used to be only a small handful of users who had mastered vaapad. Darron and Je'gan not wanting padawans to learn it after I was made to learn it before most would have gotten trained in shii-cho." SHe nodded to him clenching her fist but shrugged. "The rest though can be done and making it so your body is a powerful tool or weapon is what Matikai are good at."

Draven wasn't always the best at picking out subtle jokes. He just knew whatever it was that his master had undergone for training. If it was a level which she pledged not to use as training for him. It was probably best not to poke that button. Though it did mean he would just undergo a self discovery in regards on how to accomplish his goal. Which was actually probably more beneficial and awarding than being just handed the secret.

He was glad however she was at least able to get him started on the majority of his to do list. He figured the fact he was planning on doing instead of sitting about thinking helped with that. As from his time that he had worked most of the learning had been through doing. Which how he normally preferred it. He had however taking the time for thinking and observing. As he knew he couldn't slack on any aspect when it came to learning about the force.

Draven followed Saki Saki when she began to lead. Falling silent while he gave an affirmative nod as well. Now it was back to the role of the student. He had to trust she knew how best to get him started to reaching his numerous goals. So, far despite some efforts to make him go splat. It was through this tenacity while also understanding he was learning and had limits. He had only gotten to where he was at through what she had been teaching him.

Saki

LEading the way to one of the more open areas of the High Plane she was able to look out and around at the majority of everything. Trees and pathways shifting as the other jedi were around but not near them. "Speed is easier... being able to take a hit and keep going is something you have learned but to make it faster is always a benefit if you are certain." She said it while rolling her shoulders and the joints popping in her neck, arms and back as she prepared. "So how much have you been keeping up with your training padawan?" She said it as she stretched out allowing the force to loosen up her muscles for a fight and better way to teach him... namely best way to learn how to recover was to do it practically.... also it was an enjoyment for her duties.

Saki Saki was pretty to the point on getting him started off. Though this was a good thing. Draven doubted he would benefit any from slacking off. Draven nodded his head some. "While I have periodically spent time focusing on other areas. I made sure to do my best to always get in physical training, and work out sessions completed. In case you ever contacted me and needed me to be in great shape."

Draven replied in truth. While he began to do his stretches as well. He figured in comparison to whatever workouts she had completed prior to him calling her to him. He had no reason to be slothful. Draven was ready as he was able to be. In order to begin extending his abilities within the force, and become a more rounded and prepared combatant in the field.

Saki

"Good." She said it with a grin on her face when she thought about where to begin.. she had fought him once which alright... something like that he was used to and she needed him able to really push himself. "We'll start with increasing the local gravity. I want you to move around." She said it and looking some of the things over brought up the High PLanes AI that would be able to work on the training areas and plates to increase the gravity to several times higher than normal. Her body flexing with the power for a moment while she was there and she knew how to survive in the heavier gravity. Two padawans pushing her large case of equipment as she withdrew her massive yeeter... The dull blade not really formed aside from being a massive slab of mandalorian iron that many wouldn't really be able to call a sword. "We won't fight but you have to learn to pace yourself and dodge... so I am going to swing at you... and when I miss cause you dodged it is going to get heavier around here. The temperature will raise because of the gravity making you breathe harder and sweat so you will have to focus on pacing yourself and not burning through your stamina." She looked at her and raised an eyebrow while holding the massive blade with one hand. "Ready?"

Draven listened and gave a nod of his head. It was a different experience alright. Especially, not trying to strike back. Though it was what he sought. The less he was hit and the quicker he could recover when he was. The better off he would be. This high gravity routine was going to be an adjustment he would need to overcome though.

Draven finished loosening up and then gave another nod of his head. The weapon she had looked.. unpleasant to be on the receiving end of. Though he also knew that unless his master sought him to be dead. Any blows landed so long as he internalized and applied the training he had so far. Was more than likely only going to lead him beating and battered.

Draven carefully assessed the movements now or his master. While he prepared his reactions. As well as focused on his breathing. Wanting to be prepared when conserving his energy for the most efficient movement would be important.

Saki Saki

Saki

She looked at him and holding it with one hand as the hilt was large but still able to be held as she was looking over at him and just had a grin on her face. Then she swung once the gravity first increased.. the force energy in her body making the massive blade go forward as she used the momentum to propel herself in a massive swipe. "Then begin." She brought the blade around and shouted. "DODGE." Her voice coming out when she checked on more of it and was watching him... letting her body respond and open up... the secret to it was the loop... a superconductive loop of intention and feeling and emotions... with a darksider it was easier.. most of them radiated the darkside and projected emotions at you... taking them in and turning them back without giving in allowed one to become powerful and the more emotion they gave, the more hate they felt and directed the more powerful you could focus and become. She could feel the gravity around increasing and the heat of it... to push him to the limits.

Draven had become better skilled at understanding the loop which was initiated. While he himself was still naive to how to properly channel the loop for his own purposes. He'd become at least a bit knowledgeable about understanding how to better control his own emotions. To avoid feeding the loop more than the natural momentum of combat would. As such indirectly he had found. His master's trainings had made him really good about understanding when to apply emotion into his combat to become an overwhelming force, and when to let go of his emotions and embrace the grace and beauty of combat while keeping a clear mind.

Draven would best describe the following sequence of events as such. For the first few series of strikes that he felt thrown his way. Draven would express that while there was a notable adjustment to the gravity and temperature around them. It wasn't anything too unbearable and was just peskier than it was anything else. Though as the flow of combat continued. Draven started to feel how it affected his breathing, and started to make him sluggish, and his sweat once more returned. It gave him swamp land and mountain vibes if the mountain swamp had a mechanism for actively trying to squish you.

Draven of course did his best to continue to dodge while also pacing himself. Though despite his best efforts. It was only a few mere moments. Before his first slip resulted in him getting smacked like a gnat across the field. Draven quickly did a recovery roll upon hitting the ground. While he tried to avoid the daze which sometimes came with being struck hard. Wanting to get back on his feet and reflect what he did wrong. While also responding to any follow up strikes he was sure to come.

Saki Saki

Saki

She could feel the impact in the blade and well there was a reason it was dull... in most instances against sithspawn or enemies this thing just smashed and made paste... in a fight like this the blunt side of it. He rolled and was recovering as she moved towards him and swung again adding to one hand as the other released a jet of flames at the ground. using her fingers to guide it from a large burst into a narrow white blue point that propelled her body into a faster spin to increase the swinging speed of the blade from one swipe to several meant to try and knock him around. She was allowing the force to breath through herself and spoke when she saw how he was breathing. "That feeling you have now... embrace it... the air in your lungs can sustain you... the acid burn in your muscles... even the creaking in your bones... use it and focus internally. You know how to create a loop when fighitng like I can... now create it within yourself... you are your own energy source.... renewing the air in your lungs, recovering the stamina for your body."

Saki Saki

Draven heard the words she spoke. As he felt himself take a strike for every couple of times, he managed to escape the blows. Especially, since his master was continuing to increase her momentum. While he was doing his best just to endure and keep pushing forward. Create a loop within himself. Well, that was easier stated than applied. Though he figured there was probably a time his master had to learn this lesson firsthand. Which is why she was now so experienced in keeping up the pace despite the odds against.

A part of Draven wanted to give in from the battering. Though that wouldn't serve him any purpose. He cast aside the thought and instead focused on his breathing and noticed the heaviness to it. Concentrating on slowing the labor and instead make use of what air he did have access to. It wasn't easy to grasp. Especially when he nearly got a reprieve before finding himself struck again. Though slowly Draven began to understand how to maximize what he had to work with. So, he wasn't seeing spots every time for gasping for the air.

His muscles burned and he was able to identify some of his muscles were nearly at their limits. As such he managed to relax what was strained and rely on different muscle groups to keep him mobile. He did his best to maneuver in manners that allowed his bones to avoid taking too many repeat strikes. While he also made sure to assess what priorities were in regard to what would keep him moving, and what would avoid him taking any serious injury or lose consciousness. Which to be fair there was increasingly close encounters to either argument.

Draven also was slowly grasping how he could tag out different portions to assist in others. Like he could strain a muscle slightly when he needed a bit more of a breath. Alternatively, he could use some breath to lend some muscles a break. Bones could offer support when needed. Sometimes he could focus on pain to get himself out of a haze. Sometimes he could use a breath to push past the pain.

Though despite the gravity increasing. Draven was learning that it was undesired to be hit, and that was a pretty good motivator to get better. Even if it was something he could only improve so far on. In one training session. As pacing was important and it was going to take several of these sessions to see significant improvement. Still Draven wasn't afraid to go past what he currently felt he was able to do.

Saki

She could feel him better and he was starting to get it while also starting to take hits from time to time... not entirely perfect but she could work with that... her speed increasing more while she kept the jet of flame coming from her hand and added her one foot to increase her swing speed more... then threw the heavier weight into it which would keep the momentum going more and more. "Better, you need to train it to be a reflex... something that your body does without even thinking about it. It is the same for any jedi but for the type of physical capabilities you want it is imparitive you foucs internally... often to the detriment of other skills. Most physical jedi and force users suck at catching with the force."

Draven had to admit what Saki Saki expressed made a lot of sense. It was hard to become really good at something if trying to progress in everything. Though from the way she projected the force to propel herself. Draven also acknowledged there must be a median where one could blend instincts with intention. None the less.. Smack.. Yeah, he needed to stop over thinking this.

Draven would focus on getting this down to instincts. Dodge. Was a very important instinct to have. Even if in most combat encounters. Ideally, Draven would be able to control the momentum of the combat. Thwak! Still overthinking. Draven began to shut down his mind and began to let himself just react. Based off the actions he was learning and flowing with his internal loop and the combat loop.

When the time was right and he had got reactions and his physical force techniques assigned to muscle memory. He would then broaden his scopes again and determine the best way to blend his strengths.

Saki

He was thinking she could tell and he was learning... best way she could think to teach him when she kept up the spin and swipes adjusting just a little so she could come from various heights with it as opposed to a single line... Her eyes tracking between the rotations and mentally she was keeping her stomach in check. The jets of flame increasing in intensity and focus for a moment as her case reacted... opening up with a flick of her eye over the interface screen. The digital overlay for the jedi to be abel to see maps worthwhile in some palaces and ejecting from the case was her skull thumper. The weighted ball with a chain she was able to catch and turn into a larger threat with the spin.

Draven did not show surprise when she switched her weapon. Draven wouldn't benefit from learning against a single weapon. He needed to be able to telegraph whatever he came up against. This was important to be able to survive in any kind of combat circumstances. What he did try and do his best. Was to remain out of the reach of the skull thumper. Knowing his two options were to try and keep really close to limit the motions or remain just outside of the range of the weapon. Which either option was easier said than done. Considering the weapon being on a chain meant that it could be manipulated in unpredictable manners with little effort. Draven needed to try his best to keep himself paced too, however. If he exerted too much of his energy now. In his evasive efforts. If the gravity didn't get him down a good blow or two would.

Saki Saki

Saki

The twin weapons were meant to give him some pause and he was thinking about it. Finally stopping for a moment as she stood there and hefted with one hand each the sword and the chained weight.... eyes on the padawan. "Better but remember you need to be able to move in for an attack.. evading was the goal but so is the unexpected... Your opponents might not get tired or there might be conditions you need to hurry and won't be able to think." She waited for a moment and set the sword into the ground as it towered over her still before pulling the weight. "Another good way to get close is to let them close the distance for the attack which is where your bodies focus will come in. Soft to solid.. make your body itself into armor."

Draven listened and nodded his head some. Wait... It sounded like she was expressing 'Purposefully get hit...' There was a flash of mild confusion running across Draven's features. Before he simply nodded his head again. Well, it wasn't like he expected the trainings to only consist of bouncing around. Besides this would broaden the scale of the techniques he had at his disposal. As such the more versatile his skill set. The more effective he'd find himself being against a larger range of threats.

Draven continued to remain focused on his loop. Passively now though. Noticing it seemed to help rejuvenate him quicker now that there was a moment of rest to discuss the next phase of his training. Draven looked to his master Saki Saki and nodded his head a third time. Expressing he was ready to start learning how to become more capable of shrugging off the blows. In a manner which would allow him to regain control of the fight.

Saki

She watched him as for a moment he seemed to be getting it and as she stood there controlling her breathing there was a moment she thought he was going to close in and attack but he didn't come... she was a little disappointed at that but not going to judge him. She hadn't been as clear as she could have been. Standing though she tucked her elbows in towards her waist and clenched her fists. Focusing the force energies into her body until it was almost compacted like a diamond and pushed it outward. Her skin gleaming for a moment as the surface was altered into something more solid but she could still move. She still could think and prepare but advancing the techniques of soft to solid to a state it was better natural armor was the goal... improving the body was a matukai's purpose when she surged forward with a strike aimed more at the ground. "Come on, strike me."

YpUCvDz.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom