Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorist Attack in Manchester, England

My thoughts stretch out to all those affected by the heinous acts of terror displayed in Manchester this morning, targeting innocent children, including some family members. However in this time of darkness, I would like to remind you all that the people behind this attack are not true Muslims. We must endeavour to unite ourselves, no matter our ethnicity, against terrorism and show that we are not afraid of them, despite what they do, our resolve to end their atrocious crimes will not falter.

Atleast 22 dead, 50+ injured. Horrible news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-manchester-40007967

Took place about 10:30pm last-night in my home city of Manchester, at the Arena after the Ariana Grande concert.

Suicide bomber in the exit foyer. As you say, this was a concert for all ages and sexes, but mostly for her young audiences and fan-base. An awful, awful incident once more in our broken world and so soon in England again following the London attack.

My heart goes out to my home city, and for those family and friends affected by this assault on our resiliance, hope and courage.

The city has risen from a terror attack before, and it will again, for you will never find a city so strongly built on community and strength than Manchester.

[member="Chris Gelderd"]

The people of our City showed that they're able to stand together in the face of adversity. The amount of quick support that was garnered for the families, stranded children, and for the emergency services who worked tirelessly is astounding. As much as it has shaken me, especially given that I'm nowhere near home right now, I've never been more proud to call myself a Manc.

Thank you for alerting me to this last night, Chris.

17758647_439072893095342_6514715880161735151_o.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom