Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrataka, the Planet of Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I wanna say before you guys flip about the history: Names and History are not my strongest point, especially not large scale poodoo like that of planets. The mentioned cure has been destroyed by the quake that sank Altara, and YES, Altara is based off Atlantis

Images: I found the below image on Google, it's called "Riot in Tottenham, London"

Riot-in-Tottenham-London-001.jpg

^The scale of The Epicus Maximus Riots

Name: Terrataka (Also known as Riotuss)

Region: Wild Space
System: Dranok System
Suns: 1 (Yellow Star, often called Raa'kan)
Orbital Position: 3rd out of 5, the other 4 planets are uninhabitable due to the climates being too different
Moons: 1 Naturally occuring moon named Fujuu
Coordinates: About 3 spaces to the right of Zeltros
Rotational Period: 32 hours
Orbital Period: 365 days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: <NOT REQUIRED: Diameter at the equator. For reference, Earth is 12,756 km in diameter>
Atmosphere: Type 1.5 (Type 1 on the surface, always a cloud of smoke billowing from various burning buildings from riots)
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Forests surrounding cities

Native species: Humans (Terrataka variant)
Immigrated species: Humans (All other variants of the galaxy's human population), Twi'leks, various explorers of certain races I can't be bothered to name as they come and go often
Primary languages: Basic with an old English accent
Government: This is always fought over, but it was always a Monarchy
Population: 1.9 Trillion
Demonym: Terrans
Major cities: Fujuu (named after the moon), Raa'kaan (named after the sun, The Golden City), Taung'Nakaa (Named in respect for the Taung of Coruscant once they became extinct, Most of the planet's warriors are from here), Altara (a city that sank to the bottom of the sea centuries ago)
Major imports:
Major exports: Tourism
Affiliation: The Galactic Republic (by proxy/location)

Culture:
Technology: A combination of medieval era tech and Galactic Standard tech
History: Until the Gulag Plague hit, this planet was relatively unknown as the residents always fought each other too often to leave. The Gulag Plague hit the planet 400 years ago, the residents of Altara attempted to make a cure for it to only use on themselves, but tragedy struck when an earthquake hit the sea and caused the city to sink into the sea, killing everyone in it, the untested cure along with it. The other three cities fight for control of the planet even now, with a senator leading the people of Terrataka in the Republic.
Notable PC's: Gwyn Ordo (Senator)

Intent: To make a planet that is always filled with fighting and a possible home planet for a variant of Humans

@[member="Exuku Caribaa"]

Okay. There's a few things here.
  • 1.9 trillion is not going to work. Coruscant had only 1 trillion at its peak and that was a planet wide city. Especially as you mention cities vanishing it can't be more populous than Earth currently is, and likely much less. I suggest 2-3 billion.
  • Gravity can't just be altered at a whim. Star Wars doesn't have a way to alter an entire planet's gravity...which would have grave effects anyway on the planet's population.
  • This whole thing about riots doesn't really make any sense or ring true. I don't understand why they are rioting, and there's no explanation as to why this anarchy is always occurring. No planet famed for 'riots' would get much tourism.
  • Culture needs to be added.
  • History needs to be drastically increased.
This whole submission strikes me as rather lazy, to be honest. There are dozens of worlds you could have had a senator come from, I see nothing compelling to show why this planet is needed.

Please let me know your thoughts and @mention me.

Tegaea Alcori said:
@[member="Exuku Caribaa"]

Okay. There's a few things here.
  • 1.9 trillion is not going to work. Coruscant had only 1 trillion at its peak and that was a planet wide city. Especially as you mention cities vanishing it can't be more populous than Earth currently is, and likely much less. I suggest 2-3 billion.
  • Gravity can't just be altered at a whim. Star Wars doesn't have a way to alter an entire planet's gravity...which would have grave effects anyway on the planet's population.
  • This whole thing about riots doesn't really make any sense or ring true. I don't understand why they are rioting, and there's no explanation as to why this anarchy is always occurring. No planet famed for 'riots' would get much tourism.
  • Culture needs to be added.
  • History needs to be drastically increased.
This whole submission strikes me as rather lazy, to be honest. There are dozens of worlds you could have had a senator come from, I see nothing compelling to show why this planet is needed.

Please let me know your thoughts and @mention me.
Well, while I'd love to use this in the future, I'll need some time to work more on my histories, naming, and cultures before I return to this so I don't need to ask for help. A few things I feel the need to say though before I ask this to be archived and link it somewhere in my profile... the population I think would be fine for a planet I picture having cities and forests around it and only 4 major cities, and it DID say major cities, not ALL cities. I fixed the gravity, and it's more of an exploration area than purely tourism. History I winged it on, so yeah, it probably needs to be increased and the culture I simply can't think of.
SO... two questions: If I archive this, is it a case of 'I can come back to it later' or is there a certain timelimit? and How many worlds in the Republic are close to this in nature EXCLUDING the riots?
Also, sorry if this strikes you as lazy, I do feel a bit out of touch lately...
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

@[member="Exuku Caribaa"] I'll deny it if you want and when you have your ideas in order PM them to me so I can have a look. If I think it's worth submitting you can second chance it and try again.

Sound good?

I just want it archived for now, I'll PM ya the ideas once I'm better at histories and cultures, since that is where I usually fail at making stuff like this. While it could take a while, maybe a long time, I'll still come back to this at some point, as this was based on something already vague to begin with. I'm only saying it like this because I noticed a lot of denied and unused subs led to a 3 week factory ban for me back in August and I would rather this not count to that in case it happens again tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom