Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tenloss Corporation's Ambassador Revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
concept_art_tutorial__rugged_revolver_by_conceptcookie-d5fyp6p.jpg

Made by: ConceptCookie

Tenloss Corporation's Ambassador Revolver
“Let us negotiate for you!”

Intent: To provide interested buyers a large caliber, heavy hitting revolver-type sidearm for personal defense purposes.
Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Affiliation: Tenloss Corporation, Open Market
Modularity: Weapon attachments (ex. Laser sights, scopes, flashlights, etc.)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: Designed to give the buyer a solid, powerful, and man-stopping personal defense weapon, the Ambassador Revolver manufactured by the Tenloss Corporation fulfills this duty to the max.

The weapon features a six shot cylinder of large caliber pistol ammunition and is housed in a heavy, durable, durasteel frame. The weapon is simplistic and reliable in design and use as the pistol is a simple slug thrower and operating on those same principles. However, that's where the similarities end. Within the heavy barrel section of the Ambassador, built in energy sources powered by a standard power pack envelop the slug in charged ions giving the weapon a distinct noise that sounds like a cross between a blaster and a chemical slug thrower. Upon exiting the barrel, the slug is enveloped in an energy shroud and, during impact, transfers both kinetic and thermal energy to the impact site. Both the physical impact and penetration along with the thermal energy discharge makes this pistol a supreme man-stopper and highly versatile weapon.

Unfortunately, this performance comes at a cost. The pistol is very heavy and cumbersome making accuracy at longer ranges difficult without constant training and practice. The specialized shot, while powerful, cannot extend to the same ranges as similar weapon technology; namely the Tusken Cycler rifle which can reach out to an optimal range of 1,000 meters. Because of this, the pistol only operates effectively for roughly 50 meters before losing significant power. The bright “bolt” that covers the slug is also highly visible, making stealth shots with the weapon almost impossible.

Strengths:

• Highly durable and resistant to damage

• Heavy hitting slug using both kinetic and thermal energy

• Simple and reliable mechanisms

Weaknesses:

• Heavy and cumbersome

• Inaccurate without specialized training

• Short range

• Very visible shots

Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Hand held
Length: 25cm
Weight: 4.5kg
Ammunition Type: Energy Enveloped Slugs
Ammunition Capacity: 6 shots in the cylinder, 120 charges from the power pack
Reload Speed: <5 seconds with a speed loader, 15-20 seconds or longer for loading individual bullets
Effective Range: 50m

@[member="Popo"]

1) How does this weapon's projectiles react to different armor and shield types?
2) Roughly how much actual damage does this weapon do?
3) Roughly how long does it take an 'expert' to hand-load 6 rounds into this weapon?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
1) It hits with thermal and kinetic energy, so it would do moderate damage to ray or particle shields, and heavier damage to deflector shields, but you'd probably need most if not all of the six shots to bring it down depending on the personal shield strength. Vehicles or ships, good luck. You manage to do bring those scale shields down with this, you're now the head of my R&D department.

2) Well, as I used the RL .50 Action Express pistol rounds as a base, it moves at roughly 430m/s and hits with about 1,918 J. That's not considering the thermal energy transfer which I would assume would be about half the strength of a "standard" military grade blaster bolt, so maybe a civilian grade blaster pistol power there. Again, all approximate here.

3) Well, this depends on the definition of "Hand-load". I can hand-load the weapon with a preset speed loader in a second or two. I'm assuming, however, you're asking for individual bullet loading, so I'll say approximately 5-10+ seconds loading each bullet individually, but no more than 15-20 for an expert. Longer for novices. That takes into account practice, expertise, and other things like cold weather, gloves, adrenaline, etc. that can alter loading time in the field.

@[member="War Hydra"]

@[member="Popo"]

I had actually forgotten that speed-loaders were a thing. Good catch.

And as far as damage potential goes... a 'standard' high caliber pistol with about half the energy from a blaster pistol shot added to it... Sounds... doable.

How does the weapon charge the shots? Is there a power pack built into the handle of the pistol? How many shots until the power pack (or other power source) requires reloading?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="War Hydra"]
Y'know what? I have no clue on that one and the Tusken Cycler didn't go into detail about how it did that. I had assumed it would be a power pack or an energy source in the barrel, but never thought much of it. Lemme get back to you on that. I'll just double post and tag you again to let you know when I figure that one out lol

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="War Hydra"]
Alright, I think I've figured it out. A standard power pack inserted into the area under the barrel would charge the slugs as they passed through the barrel. I'd think a standard clip of 60 rounds would do it, but since it's only charging the slugs, not actually firing a full on bolt, I'd say it'd be good for 120 shots before requiring changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom