Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Temple Training

Relaxation. Peace. The Force. Those were the things that Shan was focusing on in his current training session in the temple of Coruscant, with the various droid remotes flying around him, firing off small little blasts in his direction. Though he wasn't attempting to pay attention to the bolts with his eyes, instead letting the Force and his own instincts lead him with small steps and sharp slashes to conserve his energy. If he had been trying to go off his own mind, he'd have already exhausted himself at this point from making rapid dodges and large swooping slashes. Instead, the Mirialan was conserving his movements, trying to advance his own skills in the use of Soresu as his lightsaber thrummed through the air. Though this was just the warm up for Shan as he took a quick break to make sure that his training session hadn't been getting too out of hand and involving anyone else in his practice.

It was strange to Shan, to be practising his saber work, but he had slowly been getting more and more into the practice drills. He still hadn't been able to complete the highest level of difficulty on the drones but he had slowly been building up towards it. The Padawan sat himself against the wall for a few minutes, running a hand through his hair as he tried to clear his thoughts for a moment. Thinking about how his viewpoints of the Galaxy had been changing thanks to the people around him. Some of those people having reinforced his views whilst others had changed them. Though instead of rushing straight back to his practice, Shan instead decided to examine his saber instead, holding it in his hand carefully and running his hand along it. "Strange how this is the typical weapon of a Jedi or a Sith..." He mumbled, mostly to himself at the thought. A weapon that had such lethality normally but was also incredibly useful. He shook his head at that, just pushing himself back up to his feet, getting ready to head to practice.

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Loomi_divider.png

"WAAAAH! STOP THE THING!"

Loomi had been attempting to try to practice here defensive form today. After falling into a rut when she remembered the tragic truth about her past, she was determined to get back into the swing of things. Unfortunately the training program she had accidentally selected was expert mode, which now had floating combat droids pelting her with low power rounds. The girl flailed her unusual blade, a shapeshifting creature of some kind, which seemed to not be working.

"I SAID STOP!" she shouted at the droids. "Golly, how do you turn these things off-"

The first blaster bolt hit her shoulder, throwing her arm back and causing her to loose grip of her blade. It fell to the ground, becoming a puddle-like glob. Before long Loomi was also on the ground, curled up in a ball while she was bombarded on all sides by plasma. This was awful, she thought. The training halls were sparsely populated, but she had surely caused a scene. Maybe she'd just let herself be pelted for a bit longer. Or the rest of the day.

STOP was the only deactivation word. The droids were incapable of processing full sentences, which Loomi would've known had she read the training instructions. The Godoan, of course, couldn't read.

It was a perfect storm.

Almost straight away, Shan's attention snapped over towards the sound of someone screaming for something to stop, looking up to see Loomi who he recalled slightly from the Ship Race though as soon as she was on the floor, Shan's thoughts just stopped as he jumped into action.

Holding his hand out towards Loomi, Shan focused on the Force, going over the lesson Valery had taught him as he brought the Force together to act as a Barrier to protect Loomi whilst Shan ran over towards the combat droids, clearing his voice. It might have been faster for him to have just said the command word to stop them, but he didn't want to risk it in case Loomi kept getting hit whilst he spoke. Either way, now with the Force Barrier around Loomi, he could afford to speak.

"STOP!" It was rare for Shan to raise his voice but he was worried about Loomi. Sure, they were only low powered rounds but it was less the physical pain from getting hit by the blasts, and more to do with how Loomi might have felt embarrassed about it all. Once he was sure the drones were powered down, Shan hurried over towards Loomi, letting the Force Barrier drop as he crouched down to check on her, a small frown on his face as he was trying to be as caring as he could.

"Loomi, right? Are you okay? Do you need any healing?" Shan made sure to keep his voice gentle. He didn't want to sound too harsh or judging. It was something he knew he'd hate if he was in this situation. The fear of failure had been what stopped him from going out of his comfort zone in the past...though he had been working on it slowly but surely. "Do you need any help with training? I can try to give some advice...or if you want to have another go at the droids, I can try using the Force again to help out?"

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Loomi_divider.png

"Loomi, right? Are you okay? Do you need any healing?"

Loomi flattened out, looking up at the padawan who had just run up.

"Oh, Shan right?" she asked, frowning a little. "I'm okay... I guess."

She wasn't injured after all, or at least her physical body wasn't. The Godoan stood, awkwardly rubbing at her wrist behind her back. Her antennae flattened as she attempted to recompose herself. There weren't many others around, at least. None that seemed to be staring, anyways.

"I might need help," Loomi sighed. "I think I set them to the wrong difficulty. W-well... and..."

Loomi went flush red. This was easily the most embarrassing part about all of this.

"I... sorta have trouble reading," she admitted, "L-like kinda can't do it, trouble."

A look of relief came across Shan's face when Loomi said she was okay, as he just gave her a small smile, listening to her carefully as he gave a few short nods, still trying not to seem judgemental, especially since the reading problem was well...it was probably a bit embarrassing for most people at the end of the day.

"Well, I can help you with both of those problems. Or at least try. I can let you try out the drones Master Noble gave me to use for my Soresu practices." The Mirialan scrambled around in his pocket, pulled out a simple controller device before holding it out towards Loomi for her to get a good look at it. "There isn't a lot of reading needed for it. Just the different buttons to press, going up in difficulty. You can also push the button to turn them back off, though I normally try to do that with the Force, since my hands are normally busy doing the practice, or set up a time limit for how long you want to spar for."

That was potentially the sparring problem dealt with but reading? That was more difficult as Shan wasn't exactly a teacher by any means. He frowned in thought, rubbing his chin a little bit. "I can try to help out with your...other thing as well. But I'm not sure how great I'd be at it. I can try to teach you the basic alphabet and how they help to make words...And if you ever need help reading something, I can try to help as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom