Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Temple Dorm Shenanigans

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

Thread Preface: This is a thread about paddies kicking around the NJO temple on Coruscant. If you aren't involved with the NJO, or are too old and lame, pls don't bother showing up. We will make fun of you and call you slang you don't understand. Or just ignore your existance.

The NJO temple dorms were always a bit of a chaotic place. Nir had gotten used to padawans occasionally running down the halls, excitedly telling each other stories about their recent adventures and what their master had taught them the day before. Nir didn't really have that opportunity yet. He'd been bounced around between masters a few times, and yet...it never seemed to stick.

Lucky for him, he did have the oppotunity, or misfortune depending on when you asked him, of rooming with probably the most hyperactive padawans in the order at the moment.

Braze Braze could hear the telltale signs of Nir in deep thought in their room, the idle strumming of a guitar filling the air.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

image.png

Braze knocked lightly on Nir's door, the sound muffled and hesitant. As the door slid open, Braze cleared his throat, his gaze briefly flickering down to his paralyzed arm before meeting Nir's eyes.

"Hey, Nir," Braze said, his voice carrying an unusual undertone of hesitance. "Got a minute? I... uh, could use a hand with something. Literally." He attempted a small chuckle, trying to ease the gravity of his request with a bit of humor, but it fell a bit flat.

"It's just that, ever since my arm got like this," he gestured awkwardly with his immobile limb, "Simple stuff has become pretty challenging. I've been trying to figure things out on my own, but honestly, it's been tough. Would you mind helping me out with a few things? Nothing major, just... everyday tasks. I'm still adjusting to doing everything one-handed, and it's been a bit of a struggle."

Braze's request was tinged with reluctance; it was a difficult transition, navigating from independence to relying on others for help with basic activities.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris was doing one of three things, as he always did in the dorms. Working out, studying, or making a meal. Meals were by far his pass time. There was something about cooking that had him able to relax. Studying was also pretty relaxing for him, if he was honest. And working out. Honestly, all three were just a way for him to unwind and focus on something specific, whether it was the reps he had left, the steps in a meal, or just whatever he happened to be reading up on.

Today was a workout day.

He continued to dry off his hair as he made his way into the common room. A shower was the best way to end a workout. Now was probably a good time as any to make a meal, right? He glanced around before catching sight of Nir and Braze. Waved. "Hey, I'm gonna make some food. You guys want anything specific?"

Braze Braze | Nir Si Nir Si

Braze's eyes lit up at the mere mention of food, a spark of excitement in his gaze. It had been ages since he'd indulged in the simple pleasure of real, solid food, and the thought alone was enough to stir his appetite from its long slumber.He didn't recall eating today either so now was as good a time as ever.

"I'd do just about anything for a bowl of macaroni and cheese," he confessed to Aris. "I'd be immensely grateful if it's not too much to ask for." His plea was a genuine request for a taste of comfort.

Turning his attention towards Nir, Braze's Continued with his request, "And, if you don't mind me asking—do you know how to braid hair?" Braze asked. His snowy white locks, usually tied up or out of the way, hung loose around his neck and shoulders. They were freshly washed and dried, the strands like snow-white silk, brushed to perfection with a shiny gloss. It was clear he took pride in his appearance, even in such dire circumstances, and now it was just very difficult to try and tie it back or out of the way or to even reassemble his padawan braid.

GADividerPurple.png

"Steak and Mac n' Cheese. Sure."

They could go together if they were made right, right? He reached up to scratch his chin as he went back to the kitchen to set it all up. Steaks from the fridge, seasoned and patted dried before they'd go in the pan. And a pot filled with water for the mac. Whether they wanted it or not they were all going to be eating a mix of the two. It'd give Aris the protein and carbs he needed for the evening.

Which is what he'd be doing till the other two made their way out for dinner. And whoever else might show up, at that.

Braze Braze | Nir Si Nir Si

New_GA1.png

"Oh yeah, I'm a musician. Of course I know how to braid hair. Pop a squat on the couch and I'll get started." He said, smiling with a fangful grin. "Had to do my own makeup last show, you should'a seen that mess. Thank Sylvar for my bassist who's more familiar with that stuff."

The prospect of steak did excite the boy. Maybe he could put on a little show for the other paddies soon. Invite the band over. He hoped the masters of the temple wouldn't mind that...

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Braze Braze

"Thank you, Aris," Braze expressed with a soft chirp, his tone gentle and appreciative. The idea of steak also appealed to him, adding another layer of craving to his already hungry state. Cooking had become a challenging task for Braze, especially anything that required finesse and attention to detail. Without relying on the Force, even simple culinary tasks seemed daunting.

It was somewhat easier than managing his hair, though. Braiding, in particular, proved to be a perplexing puzzle, mainly due to its proximity to his own head. He found it easier to manipulate objects with the Force when he had a clear, direct view—something a mirror couldn't satisfactorily provide. The frustration of not being able to style his hair as effortlessly as before was an irritating reminder of his newfound limitations. Next, Braze moved to hand Nir his comb and hair ties, seeking assistance with a task that had become frustratingly difficult.

"Thank you, Nir," he added, his manners more pronounced and his demeanor more subdued than was usual for Braze. It was evident that the experience that led to his current state had profoundly affected him, softening his edges and deepening his appreciation for the help of others.

"Yeah? What kind of makeup look were you thinking about?" Braze inquired, his curiosity piqued. "I've been considering gifting someone some nice makeup, but I'm unsure what to get or what they might like. I thought an eyeshadow palette might be a good place to start. I don't think they ever used makeup before... any good suggestions? " Braze asked as he moved towards the large common area, settling into a seat with a thoughtful air.

GADividerPurple.png

Mac was certainly the easiest part of it. Boil the water, cook the pasta, make the cheese sauce, mix. Steak, also easy, but it needed his attention more than a pot of water that wasn't quite boiled yet. He glanced to the steaks he'd laid out, then to the pan. A quick touch confirmed it was hot enough. He'd been learning how to regulate his own temperature so even excessive heat couldn't burn him.

It now let him also tell the temperature of other things.

Steaks went in shortly after with a satisfying sizzle. Quick sears on all sides, making sure no juices would escape the actual cook. Just as the water boiled. A quick pop open of a box and he easily poured the pasta in for that to cook, then went back to the pan to again flip the steaks and keep them cooking over a slightly lower heat. They weren't going to be cooked too much longer, likely by the time the pasta was done boiling, if he timed it right.

He certainly did. The bubbling gave way to softer pasta. Not too soft, but enough. He moved quick, pulling the steaks from the pan to rest on a cutting board before straining out the water from the pot. The pasta was left in the strainer for now as he instead turned to the milk and flour he had out. Cheese sauce. All it'd take was a proper roux with milk, then shredded cheese mixed right in. Butter melted before he added the juices from the cooked steak. Flour was added, the roux cooked properly before he mixed in the milk. Then added the cheese to melt into and thicken.

Then he finally added the pasta. The mac and cheese portion was done. What came next was the steak. A couple quick, practiced cuts got them into strips, then into cubes as he put those into the mac to mix it all properly. Then he scooped them into the bowls with a smile.

"Alright, done."

Nir Si Nir Si | Braze Braze

New_GA1.png

Nir let out a soft snort. "If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't need to be asking my bassist. I can hook you up with her though, she's pretty rad." Nir got to work braiding Braze's hair. It, admittedly, was a skill he learned from back home. Plenty of Denik used braiding as a tradition to keep their manes out of their faces, and dreads were a common sight among the branches. "Oooo, that's smelling good. I've never had...Mac and Cheese, you called it? We didn't have that on Cathar..."

Tag: Braze Braze Aris Noble Aris Noble

The enticing aroma of frying meats wafted through the air, immediately capturing Braze's attention and reminding him of his growing hunger. "Mac and cheese is definitely one of my top favorite foods. It's just so warm and comforting—kind of like pizza. But I think it's often considered 'brat food'," Braze explained to Nir, trying to convey his fondness for the dish.

The savory and aromatic scent impressed Braze deeply. "Those smell amazing, Airs. Do you want me to set the table to help out?" he offered, suggesting that perhaps it was time for them to sit down and enjoy a meal together in a more civilized manner. It seemed like a good opportunity to practice the social skills expected of young adults.

"Maybe you could do the dishes, Nir?"
Braze proposed, thinking it beneficial for each of them to contribute to the meal in some way. To him, the comforting ritual of cooking and sharing hot meals with loved ones was a deeply caring gesture, almost sacred in its significance. Food, in his culture, was a language of familial love—offering cut fruit, sharing dishes, sending off with containers of leftovers, making your favorite dish, and the endless offers of seconds and thirds, all while inquiring about your well-being and if you've eaten well. This level of care over a basic human necessity spoke volumes to Braze, and he was eager to participate in it.

"Did your dad teach you to cook so well, Airs?" Braze inquired, recalling the few times he had seen Kahlil prefer to take charge of meal preparations.

After Nir finished braiding his hair, Braze reached up to gently run his fingers over it, feeling the neatness of Nir's handiwork. "Thank you again. I really appreciate it. You did a good job. The braids are nice and neat," he expressed his gratitude, appreciating the effort Nir had put into helping him.

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Braze Braze Nir Si Nir Si

Sniffing could be heard entering the room the three apprentices where in as the appearance of a certain racyon became evident as if he owned the place walking right up to aris and as pips clawed fingers harmlessly clawed at aris's pant leg begging to a degree. As he smelled food or the start of making food anyway as he looked at the nir and braze sticking his tongue out the little racyon stayed next to aris as he looked between the three waiting for one of them to make a move.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Braze Braze , Nir Si Nir Si , Ryana mina Ryana mina

loomi_new_divider.png

Loomi was still sick.

Which sucked, obviously, but a visit to the temple healer had determined that the cold she had was not something that could transfer to any other species. It was Godoan specific. That meant that she could still do things. So naturally, the Godoan wandered aimlessly until she inevitably found herself locked onto Braze's aura.

And a really good smell.

The Godoan would stumble her way towards her friend's dorm, slumping in the door.

"Braze!" she called in. "I'm still on fire. Do you have any more soup?"

The soup made her throat feel better. She hoped that he still had some left over that was perhaps available for her to have.

"Excuse me, Nir," Braze said as he got up from the couch and collected his comb from Nir. He then went to formally let Loomi into their dorm. "Oh? Yeah, I have lots of it left over," Braze chirped softly. "You should be bundled up in a blanket and resting. Why not lay down on the couch, and I'll get you a bowl heated up, hmm?" Braze suggested. "We're getting ready to have dinner, so you can eat with us at the table if you like," he added before moving to fetch plates for just that purpose.

The soup had only had time to allow the flavors to meld and develop further. He would just need to make the noodles fresh for it, which wouldn't be too difficult or take too long at all. He carefully set the table, laying out forks and bowls, as well as some glasses. Moving to set out a pitcher of lemonade and a pitcher of ice water, he muddled a bit of mint for the glass set at the place he intended for Loomi to sit at.

GADividerPurple.png

"You don't have pasta on Cathar?"

He doubted they didn't have cheese. It was often filled with protein, so the carnivorous race like the Cathar would likely have some kind of cheese processing, right? He frowned in thought as he prepped up the bowls to hand out to the two of them. Maybe he was just assuming too much? Yeah, that seemed more likely. And, unsurprisingly, he outright ignored the raycon.

While he was cooking, pets weren't to be given attention. It was only when he was done cooking that he picked up the little creature and casually set it in a seat before heading back to the kitchen to get some meat snacks for the little creature to nibble on. It wasn't Fuzzy, Vera's Raycon, but he was certainly used to handling them. He did though glance over towards Braze as he seemed to be readying himself to make soup.

"You want some help, Braze?"

Braze Braze | Loomi Loomi | Nir Si Nir Si | Ryana mina Ryana mina

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze , Aris Noble Aris Noble , Nir Si Nir Si , Ryana mina Ryana mina

loomi_new_divider.png

"You should be bundled up in a blanket and resting. Why not lay down on the couch, and I'll get you a bowl heated up, hmm?"

"Okay," Loomi mumbled.

The Godoan would fumble her way over to the couch, sitting down where she rather quickly bundled herself up and sank into the cushions. Dinner sounded good. Her face was tired in appearence, but nontheless cheerful in disposition. Her swolen cheeks perhaps gave her smile a funny appearence, but it was present all the same.

"Didn't realize we were having a dorm party."

"Dorm... party?"

Loomi tilted her head in confusion. That wasn't a kind of party she had heard of before. Birthday parties, house warming parties, Life Day parties.. These she was beginning to wrap her head around. What was a dorm party for? Celebrating... dorms? That seemed highly unlikely. Perhaps there was something about being in a dorm that made the occasion correct for the observance of this kind of party. Or maybe there was something obvious she just couldn't think of. The sickness made it rather hard to think.

"How did you not know the dorm was having a party?" she asked, perhaps rather naively. "I thought the dorm was yours."

If anything, they would be the ones throwing the party, right? What about Loomi being here suddenly caused this dorm party? She was really too tired to be thinking right about now...

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Loomi Loomi Nir Si Nir Si Braze Braze

Pip sat there disappointed another person who didn't give him snacks while cooking. Ryana didn't either the small racyon watched aris cook nonetheless until aris picked him up pip began talking. As he was carried to a chair and put down there he continued talking until a red skinned twi'lek walked just outside the doorframe pip stop bothering them and come along she said as pip stood up on the chair and stuck his tongue out at her. Ryana walked into the dorm room and grabbed pip hopefully he wasnt to much trouble she asked standing there for a moment holding pip who began trying to play with her lekku.

"Well, sure... The soup base is mostly made; we can heat it up in the microwave. We need a pot of boiling water for the noodles, and an egg, and we can use the pan you cooked the steaks in for the chashu," Braze said, going to fetch Loomi a bowl from the fridge where he had quite a bit of the soup base already made from the other evening. He fetched a portion of noodles and an egg and set them out on the counter for Aris to get. The soup was essentially home made ramen.

"I don't think it's a party unless we listen to music, play games, or eat junk food," Braze offered, looking at Nir, before smirking and adding, "Or doing each other's nails~"

Braze looked to the Twi'lek. "Well, I think he just smelled the amazing food that Aris was making and came to find out. He might be hungry like everyone else at this hour - could you blame the little guy?" Braze asked curiously.

GADividerPurple.png

"You host a lot of conversations all at once."

Aris spoke up, glancing to Braze before he went about getting the pot to boil for the pasta. He'd cook those, strain them, mix them into the soup, and add an egg so it'd cook and melt into the broth to thicken. It was delicious that way, in his mind anyway. Might not be the same that Braze was going for, but he seemed focused on entertaining and hosting the others.

He really didn't understand how people could talk to so many so easily.

Braze Braze | Nir Si Nir Si | Loomi Loomi | Ryana mina Ryana mina

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom