Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Temple Crosswalk Little

Mara Odim

M
rC0Ba2N.png

Jedi Temple
Coruscant

It was a cool morning out on the Temple promenade. A crisp wind blew through the red pattern trees and shuffled the potted green garden plants. It caused the gardeners to pull their hoods up, just a little bit closer, against the new morning chill. Everybody was expecting a warm summer this year. So today's blistery cool sky was a bit surprising for most.

Inside however? It was nice and warm.

Mara Odim stood at the great spacious windows overlooking the promenade below. Massive stone and marble walls cascading all around her. A newly polished brown stone floor at her feet. She smiled outwardly at the mild discomfort of the gardeners outside the window. She'd forgotten her coat this morning too. She'd have to remedy that. Sooner, rather than later too.

The tall blue-haired woman pulled away from the concourse window and returned to the long mostly-busy hallways of the giant temple complex. Walking around the outside windows of the building and enjoying the new morning light pouring through. She watched the sky traffic from the city as she walked. Always impressed by the hustle and bustle of the city that surrounded them. Then she passed the cafeteria and absorbed the warm smells of breakfast. Pancakes and waffles and roasted vegemeats too. It smelled wonderful. So much so, she eventually stopped at the outer concourse and turned around.

"Ya know. Maybe second breakfast doesn't sound so bad today?" She winked to herself. "...I'll grab my coat on the way out - later."

She nodded to herself and turned back towards the breakfast line. Maybe just a snack? She thought.

Mara was dressed in a dark blue form-fitting jumpsuit. A trendy fashion on Empress Teta right now. Though she preferred the more minimalist look today. Discarding the usual furs, feathers, and dyed cloaks of the ultra-wealthy and going with something a bit more "subdued". Compared to her usual, I suppose. No, only her sharp combat boots betrayed a hint as to her exorbitant tastes in clothing. Black boots with gold plating around the toe and heel. Excessive for a Jedi really. But who's to judge a warlock's fashion these days? Hm?

Anyway. A very posh and smiling Mara Odim quickly hurried into the breakfast line of the Jedi cafeteria. Ravenous for something sweet to eat.

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala wiped her blurry eyes as she stood tall among the other Jedi in the breakfast line. Last night had been... rough to say the the least. The bumps and bruises on her body were a testament of just how hard it was for a blind person not to bump into anything. She had fallen countless times while trying to set her room up and her hunched over form and in form shown she had also had a sleepless night. Well at least got some exercise tossing in turning all night... But it will get better. I know it will... hopefully...

Dressed in jeans, her red and black flannel and her favorite Ewok fur slippers, the tall redhead ran her fingers over the grail signs of food descriptions on the buffet and decided what she wanted to eat. You know what... I need a good comfort breakfast after last night. Screw the calories. After piling on the pancakes, grits and gravy, she went to go find a seat among the dozens of force signatures that were chatting and devoring their breakfest in the chow hall.

Walking on the other side of the breakfast line, she glanced over the sea of highlighted bodies in the force. It almost felt like home except these force signatures were glowing a lot more brightly than anyone on Alpheridies. Maybe more brightly than her too... No, now was not the time to be trapped in self doubt. I'll be fine and I'm sure I'll get a Master in no time. But while trapped in her mind, the red haired young woman did not see the end of the long bench in front of her. Only too late did she feel her leg getting her leg caught on it as she walked, the object making her tumble right in front of the lunch line and a certain blue-haired human she was about to meet.

Mara Odim

Mara Odim

M
There was a moment of surprise for all as Tala Vale Tala Vale tumbled. Though, perhaps none so unnerving as when all her food and tray began floating in the air. Unsullied. Then, as if by magic, were all returned quickly to their place in her hands. As if nothing bad had happened at all.

Huh? Wow...

Mara Odim looked around at a floor that should have been chaos, but wasn't. Not a single crumb nor piece of plastic had fallen on the floor. Probably because so many Jedi nearby had all stopped to levitate the problem with inhuman quickness. Catching the fall before it could even begin. Then... They reset the problem. Returning everything that should have fallen back to it's proper place. And smiling too.

"Um. Are you okay?" Mara approached Tala with a helpful gesture.

"Ah. She's a Seer." Said another Jedi who approached. A green skinned Twi'lek male in traditional brown colors. A playful youth named Damascus Mills. Anxious to tease. "Must have been thinking about something else than your surroundings eh? Heh. Silly Human. Didn't you 'foresee' the bench coming. Ha."

"Hmph. Did the blindfold give it away Damascus?" A yellow Mirilan woman approached and scoffed at the Twi'lek. Classmates, probably. Her name was Talia Resev and she was a touch older and more composed that then her male friend. Dressed all in black. "...Sorry dear. Ignore him. Are you alright? Did your Force Sight fail you?"

Mara gestured to all four gathered and then returned to Tala. Force Sight. Right. She'd heard of that before. But I guess it wasn't perfect for everyone. Hopefully the redhead was okay.

Tala grunted as she felt the annoying stabs of pain from her now bruised body. She swore to the heavens that the table bench wasn't that long but at the end of the day, it didn't matter now. It was time to be a big girl and get up. As she turned onto her back, she saw a force signature looming over her and offering their hand out.

"Um. Are you okay?" Mara approached Tala with a helpful gesture.

"I'm alright... Just my pride is hurt for the most part..." As she took a helping hand and hoisted herself up. That is when she heard the other voices. The first voice was a young man that she wanted to punch almost immediately. The frustration on her face would be clear to see as only the voice in her head saying to save it for the training floor. She didn't need to be expelled from the order on the first day even if it was justified. "Seeing you didn't even get my species right you aren't very smart either." Her response was probably only going to make the teasing worse but at least she had proved that she had fangs of her own. Maybe he would think twice next time before making a smart remark.

She then turned to the feminine new voice and gave off a forced smile. "I just got distracted. I'm not used to this many force signatures so grouped together. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to get some caf." Turning on her heel, she would walk over to the coffee station as she heard other voices from various tables saying their pity for her like she was some old dying animal or laughing at her like she was some circus freak. As she reached the caf station, she grabbed the largest cup possible and started to fill it up to the brim. It was going to be a long day, especially if she was forced to talk more with these people.

Mara Odim

Mara Odim

M
Mara paused for a moment as Tala took her leave. Obviously with a few ruffled feathers.

"Nice work Dam." Talia scoffed at the Twi'lek male. Patronizing him. "She's obviously miffed now. Ugh."

"What? Hey?" The green-skinned male balked. Throwing up his arms in mock innocence. "I didn't say nothing! She's just too touchy, okay. Sheesh Talia. Give a guy a break."

Mara bladed her eyes at the annoying fellow. Then gestured to the Mirilian woman. "We obviously offended her. That much is certain."

"Right." Talia nodded and moved to follow Tala over to the cafe' machine. Then she coughed quietly to announce herself. "...Erm. Heya. ...Look. Sorry about all that. Mind if we start over?"

The yellow-skinned girls face tattoos bounced as she smiled. "Anyway. I'm Talia. And this is..."

"Mara. Hey." The blue-haired woman smiled in reply.

"...Right. And we just wanted to say. Um. Nice to meet you."

Both woman smiled and nodded to each other. Anxious themselves to start off on the right foot.

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala saw how tall a whipped cream tower she could make when she made the two young women's approaches heard. She made a little exhale as she listened to the apology and introductions. Well if I don't want to be lonely for the rest of my life here, I might as well make an effort to make friends. Now it was time to make her own debut and after a split second's hesitation, she spun around to engage with her two new acquaintances. "It is fine. I'm sorry too. I just got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning is all." It wasn't a lie, she did literally accidentally roll out of bed during the night. She was still used to the bigger bed she had at home. She offered her hand out to both of the Jedi. "I'm Tala. It is nice to meet you both."

She looked down shyly for a moment before asking the next question that had come to mind. "So... What do you both like to do around here for fun?" It had been a question that had troubled her as she explored the temple yesterday after Master Kahlil Noble had freed her to roam. She had no doubt that was so many facilities and ways to relax within the Temple's walls but most of yesterday was spent finding her room. She hadn't had time to find fun activities nor the energy to partake in them. Anyway, what's a better way to find fun activities than asking the natives?

Mara Odim

Mara Odim

M
Talia and Mara happily shook Tala's hand. Grateful that she was open to the idea of starting over. Also, slightly impressed at just how high a tower Tala could make with whipped cream. Impressive!

Then she mentioned fun.

"Shopping." Mara beamed in reply. Almost as if it was obvious.

Talia gave Mara the side-eye for such a quick reply and quietly questioned just how a blue-haired Jedi would spend their tiny Temple stipend. But, whatever. Maybe she had money from home. Many Knights did.

"Um. Yes, shopping is one thing." The yellow-skinned woman nodded. Then continued, "Also. Racing, tinkering, programming, exploring, and volunteering come to mind. The Temple allows for part-time work too. Such as in the cafe right here. So it's not all book learning, all the time. Hehe."

Mara nodded along in kind. She'd never had much use for the Temple jobs or spending time volunteering, but? Couldn't hurt for a new Apprentice to try new things.

"Oh! And the Training Center is just full of cool state-of-art tech too. Lots of people enjoy working out, sword fighting, and trying anti-grav acrobatics too. Pretty sweet, if you asked me. Hehe."

She had tried the anti-grav room. It was sexy.

Talia shrugged. As they both seemed to agree on one thing. Coruscant was a giant planet, filled to the brim with activities. You literally could not have 'more options'. Nice!

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tara giggled as she heard Mara's direct statement. It seemed like the young woman had been quieter before compared to Talia's more extroverted personality. She was glad that Mara was showing off her own personality. "I see we have a fashionista in our midst. Maybe you can help me pick out an outfit sometime." While Tara wasn't exactly into clothes, she was interested in supporting others in their interests. Maybe she could push Mara into making clothes instead of just buying them.

The Miraluka listened along as Talia explained the many things to do in the temple, only speaking up when she was finished. "That all sounds pretty fun. I guess I'll just have to see what takes me. Maybe I can even create some goggles for me to actually see. I could plug it into my brain and reactivate that lobe... Anyways, that's something for later maybe. She scratched her chin as she thought about what else she liked and lacked. Maybe some homegrown plants... Some pocket change wouldn't hurt either... "I'll figure out my plans but yeah, it will be nice to exercise again. I can't let this degrade." She posed for the two of them, flexing her muscles that the past decades' worth of farmwork had created before remembering she only just met these two people and returning her arms to her sides looking somewhat embarrassed. "Anyways... What are you two doing today?"

Mara Odim

Mara Odim

M
Mara scoffed happily and somewhat proudly at being called a fashionista. Well. As if that wasn't obvious. She would have preferred to be called 'a goddess of fashion' naturally, but alas. Her ego could only enjoy so much. Ha.

Talia however seemed a bit puzzled when Tala mentioned goggles and brains. It was the first time either of them had heard of Miraluka wearing goggles that allowed for natural sight. Heck, Talia didn't even think Tala's species had eye sockets. How would that even work? Hm. Maybe she'd research that someday? Mm. Probably.

The tattooed woman spoke calmly, "Well. That sounds... Erm. Interesting. Good for you."

Then she turned to Mara for support. Unsure of how to continue. Likewise, Mara just shrugged. Tala Vale was the first person without eyeballs that she had ever encountered. So she continued. Somewhat politely,

"Breakfast. Probably."

Talia nodded in kind, "Indeed. Dam and I have training with Master Kilrend until evening. Political briefing honestly. I doubt I'll be free until dusk. Who knows. Paperwork could take forever. Bleh."

She shrugged. Some days were like that. Random as all hell. Meanwhile, Mara was already looking back at the breakfast line. Remembering she hadn't actually grabbed anything yet. Stomach rumbling.

"Well. At least it's not a war briefing." Mara shrugged to Talia, "After Exegol, the Temple might actually see a few months of peace mongering this time. Haha. Rather than those never-ending and constant war updates about the Maw. Ugh. ...The change of pace is kinda nice. Honestly."

Talia nodded hesitantly. "I suppose. Perhaps Dam and I should feel blessed to be working on new peace treaties. Rather than just more combat training."

The two women seemed to agree. Peace would be a nice change of pace. For everybody. Especially the Alliance.

"Erm. Anyway..."

Mara seemed to want to slip away. Talia noticed and gave a quick bow herself.

"Right then. Wonderful to meet you Tala Vale. Do call anytime. Damascus and I are always happy to lend a helping hand. Force be with you."

Likewise. Somewhere in the background, a very annoying green Twi'lek male was waving at them. Happily. ...Ugh.

"Right." Mara smiled. "Same here Vale. Nice to meet ya. ...Oh? And uh... If you haven't tried out the anti-grav room? Heh. It's 'Bunches! Know what I'm sayin'?"

You gotta try it.

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala sensed Mirialan's confusion in her reply and shrugged. "It would be nice to see colors you know..." Even though she knew the idea was far-fetched, great things came from small ideas. Maybe this would be one of them.

As Mara mentioned breakfast, Tara's bully rumbled in agreement. Looks like both of them were hungry. "Yeah... Let's eat while the food is still hot. I'll even stand in line for you Mara since me being clumsy made you get out of it. Either that or you can have my plate." She winced as Talia explained what she would be doing for the day. While just a political briefing itself might be alright... a political briefing with Dan, however... Her eyes switched to Dan for a moment, right in the moment of catching him stuffing a finger up his nose and pulling out a massive booger. The scene was enough to make her wince and promise herself to never be that disgusting to anyone. That was a punishment that no one deserved. "Well, I wish you luck. Hopefully, Master Kilrend will make it go by fast."

As the two other Jedi went on to say that not having to do combat missions was nice, Tara only smiled and nodded. "I guess we will see. Hopefully, the best-case scenario comes true for us. For now, we enjoy the good times and you can go shopping more Mara." As much as she doubted the good times would stay, she wasn't about to bring down their moods and become more of the group's outlier.

As Talia announced her retreat and bowed, she returned the gesture and nodded her thanks. "May the Force be with you, Talia. Maybe we can have a girl's night sometime." As Mirilan walked away and Damascus waved his own goodbye (with the booger still attached to his finger of course), she weakly waved back to him. She would still have to work with the fella after all.

After making a symbol of strength for Talia across her chest, she turned back to Mara who looked like a Nexu ready to bolt. "It was a pleasure to meet you too. Sorry I forced you to drain your social energy on something other than your favorite topic of fashion. Oh and I try out the anti-gravity room just for you. Maybe I'll even beat your high score for rotations in midair." Oh if only she could wink. Her face did scrunch up like she was thinking of one other question to ask but no sound came from her lips. It could wait for next time. Hopefully, there would be a next time and the Republic would still stay at peace. But deep down inside of her, there was doubt that would be the case. All she could do is press that doubt down into a little corner and hope it didn't rise up to conquer her from the inside out.

Mara Odim

Last edited:

Mara Odim

M
Talia and Damascus took their leave. Happy to both have encountered the new Miraluka. It spoke well of how easily Tala could make new friends if she tried. Meanwhile, Mara just smiled and waved away the redheads comment about social energy,

"Ha. You give yourself too little credit. This Temple is filled with zanny new experiences. Everyday. Every hour. You could wander these halls for a thousand years and meet a new bi-pedal species everyday, and still not feel like you've even scratched the surface of what's possible here."

She chuckled a bit. Wondering if anybody who traveled the galaxy ever felt like anything other than having 'a first day'.

"Peep up Red." Mara lightly ran her knuckles into Tala's shoulder. A punch of encouragement, if I'd ever seen one. "You've got looks. You've got talent. And you've got style." She snapped her fingers. As if in counting. "Now all you need is a little cash and a new boyfriend? Haha. And I'd say you're ready to conquer the world. Hehe."

Mara placed her hands on her hips and nodded to herself. Remembering something nice.

"Force be with you Tala Vale. I think you're gonna kill it around here. Heh."

Then she smirked, turned, and quickly got back in the breakfast line. Pulling out her phone to check her messages again.

It was going to be an interesting day.

Tala Vale Tala Vale

Tala smirked as her freckles spread out across her cheeks. Mara was alright and hopefully, they would become friends... or maybe more if Mara bent that way... But that would be for later. Pressing on that now would be awkward for both of them to say the least. "I know it will get easier. It will just take some time for me to get used to it."

Punching Tala would be like punching a sturdy tree. It would be hard to make her move but it definitely was easier to make her blush with the compliments Mara was spewing out. "Thanks... Though I don't think I'll get a boyfriend anytime soon... Maybe though, if I find someone that has some substance to them and I get along with but I doubt that would be anytime soon." Mara was starting to sound like her own Mother when she pressed her own if she was serious was anyone yet. Hell, half of her Mother's reason for allowing her to go to the Order was to find a potential partner. That woman had watched that Documentary on the Nobles too many times...

Tala nodded goodbye with a grin across her face as Mara finally made to pull away. "Well if I kill it as much as you do in that outfit, I'll be fine. Force be with you Mara... always..." As Mara turned away and made for the food line, she leaned down to retie her own brown workboots, only to slip a premade piece of paper that contained her comm code into the back of whatever purpose these steel-toed things were meant for. If nothing else, it would give Mara a chance to call if she felt like it. Now it was her chance to eat her breakfast though even that might not be able to make her stop smiling.

Mara Odim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom