Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Temple-class Light Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruye Etarn

R
395071_212274095574272_136039746_n.jpg

Intent: The Intent of this ship is to give the not-yet-major-faction-status Shapers of Kro Var a unique type of Ship that could convince the technophobic locals that the ships they are seeing don't use advanced technology not of their making.
Development Thread: Working on it.
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Isis Shipyards
Model: Star-Shaper Temple
Affiliation: Shapers of Kro Var/buyers of Isis imports
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Durasteel made to look like stone (Kro Var variants: Interior and Exterior Stone Decor.)
Description: The Temple-Class Light Cruiser was built in the Isis ship yards at the Request of the Kro Var Empire. Under command of their Emperor, this ship had to take on the appearance that there was nothing unusual or high tech about it. Thus, it had been specifically requested for Ships imported for Kro Var use that they be built with a metal that put on the illusion of it being Stone, so as to convince the primitive currently low-tech locals it was of Kro Var.

It was also requested that the Ion Reactor and the main components of the Ship be sealed off from the ordinary crew of the Ship, that being those who piloted it, as chance's were that the pilots would eventually run into these forbidden areas if it was not specially sealed off. There was a special entrance for Maintenance crews and Engineering staff to keep the Ship running properly. It had also been requested that no lasers of any kind be present on the ship, but of course had to be able to defend itself, the solution was Railguns, hurtling off into space at enemy targets large projectiles. They are in no way very effective, as modern shielding combats this entirely. Additionally, the low tech society has no possession of blaster technology. The Railguns fire smaller projectiles and unfortunately do not do much damage in the long run.

Of course, all these requests were made, but in the end this Pyramid like ship was not made with Stone for outside buyers looking for imports, as that would be too much work. Thus, two identical models were made: The Kro Var Temple's, and the Non-Kro Var Temple's. That was the only change though between the too, and are referred to as the same model.

Classification: Light Cruiser
Role: Transport
Height: 150 meters
Width: 250 Meters
Length: 250 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ion Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 4
Minimum Crew: 40
Optimal Crew: 150 Crew 40 Gunners
Armaments: 10 Mass Driver Cannons/Rail Guns
Hangar: Room for one landing Shuttle
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor Array's
Passenger Capacity: 50
Cargo Capacity: 4,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 7

Ruye Etarn

R
This is ready for review.

Just in case you believe my dimensions are wrong or something, I will have you know that I based a lot of it off of the Bayonet-class light cruiser.

Also, I need help on figuring out the role of this ship. I just intend for it to be the go-to ship for Kro Var people, and I don't know what that would be called. Also, this is not to be considered to be exclusive to the Shapers of Kro Var. This ship is very open to anyone who wants it.

Ruye Etarn

R
Alright, I will set one up. Question though, does a Development thread have to include other people? Or could I say, make a thread where only I post? As long as the story is logical, it shouldn't matter who is or isn't involved right?

Ruye Etarn

R
There, I made it a transport. Also, what was the problem with having rocks on the outside of the ship? I missed that part in the Skype chat we had. Cuz the radiation would be blocked by a layer of Durasteel or something. he ship itself is not made of rock.

Ruye Etarn

R
I've edited the ordinary stone with durasteel that appears like stone, and clarified the combat of efficiency of the Railguns.

All that needs to be done in completion is the development thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom