Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tempered Steel

quartermasterbanner.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

Tag: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

The sounds of tools ringing against metal echoed through the halls and chambers of the Forge. The Metalsmiths of the Enclave were hard at work; they had been ever since the Enclave had been founded. Warriors, Hunters, and Mercenaries from every clan and corner of the galaxy had poured into the safe haven -- looking for work, looking for a place to rest, looking for a place to start again. Such a large host required a considerably large armory to supply them, and thus the few smiths that there were worked night and day to meet the demand of the rising number of Mandalorians who were to the Enclave daily, looking or work or for new gear.

The Quartermaster sat at a workbench to the side of her private chamber. The massive furnace in the middle sat hot but unused. The Quartermaster was not melting Beskar today, or at least not right now. Instead, she had a soldering torch in one hand as she carefully traced the inlays of a complex electronic circuit on the inner layer of a shoulder pauldron. The electronics were part of an inertial damper she was installing on a cuirass of Beskar'gam; tricky hardware to get right, but once it was there, it turned kinetic slugs into a joke. Even charging beasts weren't able to do much internal damage with the inertial damper.

She'd been at the Forge for hours now, and the heat of the furnace felt hot against her armor and furs. But she kept on soldering. After all, it was her duty to her people, was it not?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

c2QaSvr.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

Tag: The Quartermaster The Quartermaster |

The screech owl descended slowly into the hangers of the Enclave, It's high pitched whirring attracting the stares of mindless pit droids and mandalorian guardians in the shadows, All fixated on this strange new ship as it gently touched the ground, A single sliver of light revealing the Emblem of the Nite Owls, Denoting the ship's owner as one of the secretive commandos of the Mandalorian Union.
The figure who stepped off the boarding ramp however was not just some foreign commando, But a daughter of Roon and member of the Enclave.

The mandalorian stepped out from the dark cargo hold and into the sunlight cascading from the open hanger bay, Her
mandalorian-style bob cut catching the sun in a splendor of fiery red hue in stark contrast to her pale blues that darted quickly from guardian to guardian, Sure that they were staring at her broken armor and avian clawed cybernetics in place of her leg, Which clicked and whirred loudly as she stepped down off the boarding ramp, Carrying a single unmarked container in one hand, Headed deeper into the Enclave.

eve-campbell-screenshot-2019-01-18-10-58-20-am-000_2.png

The woman moved at a brisk pace through the dimly lit enclave, Receiving the occasional glance from armored warriors or helmeted foundlings caught off guard by the clawed prosthetic as she marched by, Seemingly ignoring them all.
She... Hated this. She had visited The Enclave the day it was opened to mandalorians and yet not a single helm nor face was recognizable to her, Nor would they recognize her in return. A select few may have heard of the Alor of House Vizsla, Some girl who had been thrown into leadership of the most infamous house when their alor stepped down, But no one would recognize her face, Her now broken and scarred armor, Or even her deeds. Her duties to the Mand'alor had kept her away from The Enclave for some time now, And felt like the ghost of same fallen soldier as she walked the halls in near silence.

She was a stranger, Among her own people, And of all the wounds to have ever struck her, That hurt the most.

Eventually, The woman crosses the threshold into the forgeroom, Stopping a moment to observe The Quartermaster's golden and fur-clad figure, Clearly preoccupied at the moment, But then she was never one for patience.

"Quartermaster," She begins by bowing her head in both respect and greetings toward The Quartermaster, Trying her best to be polite despite clearly interrupting "Aloy of House Vizsla. I come bearing a gift, Which I hope will suffice as payment for a little favor... Plus a little extra, Something for the foundlings."

She moves to a small table low to the ground, Setting down her container with a noticeable weight as it thuds against the table. it was then that she sat herself down on her knees before the table, Opening the container to reveal several Beskar pauldrons, All bearing the signet of the
Sith Death Watch, And all bearing signs of the battle she acquired them during.

"I suspect they'll serve our people better in your care."

0mHCE6Q.png

quartermasterbanner.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

Her work was interrupted by the arrival of a warrior whom she knew well, both of her person and her achievements. Aloy of House Vizsla had become one of the names frequenting Mandalorian circles, whether they boded well or ill tidings towards the new Alor of House Vizsla. The Quartermaster herself had spoken to the warrior several times, most notably in the winter morning she had happened upon the construction of House Vizsla's new home on Daba'r. And now she was back.

The Quartermaster bowed back her head as the Alor greet her. "Aloy, of House Vizsla. You've been making a name for yourself," she said a little wryly.

They both sat down at a table adjacent to the massive furnace, where Aloy presented several pauldrons of Beskar gauntlets, slightly scarred and dinged from battle, but in otherwise good condition. Her eyes narrowed under her helmet, though, when she saw the signet of the blood traitors, the Sith Death Watch, emblazoned on the pauldron. Picking up a pauldron with a gloved hand, she held it above to study it as it reflected light from the furnace behind her. "These were worn by members of the Sith Death Watch. Acquired from their corpses, I presume?" she asked, her helmet turning back to look at Aloy.

"Normally I detest fighting between the clans," the Quartermaster continued. She set down the pauldron carefully before standing up and collecting her equipment, grabbing the tongs and the pallet. "But in allying with the Empire that murdered our people, Sith Death Watch forsake their claim to the people of Mandalore. It is good that this Beskar is back in the hands of true Mandalorians."

She collected the pauldrons and set them on the pallet, using the heavy tongs to lift them into the furnace. As the pauldrons began to melt in the extreme heat, she moved over to her workstation where she carefully moved her electronics work aside and pulled up a holoprojection. "There is enough to make a full cuirass, or perhaps vambraces with reserves left over for the foundlings. What is your desire?" She asked, turning to Aloy once again.

c2QaSvr.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

The Quartermaster seemed to know well enough who she was, Something she hadn't quite expected but probably should have. It was an odd thing, Knowing no one and yet having such a reputation among her people. Though from the Quartermaster's tone, It seemed that reputation wasn't all good. Off Putting to the new Alor indeed.

However, The Quartermaster seemed pleased with her return of the Beskar, Which had brightened the Vizsla's mood a little. She was right of course, It was back in the hands of true mandalorians, A return that made her smile just a little, Proud of her achievements, As minor as she may believe them to be.

Then came talk of forging a new cuirass or vambraces using said beskar, And she had to make a quick correction.

"That won't be necessary," She waves the idea off with a gloved hand before gesturing to her own beaten breastplate and the badly warped helmet clipped to her belt.

"As you can see, My Beskar'gam has been badly damaged. My desire is that the provided Beskar go to good use, And that my
own be reforged. It's... I put it through a lot, Fighting Death Watch on Wayland not long ago." She scratches the back of her head, Hoping she hadn't earned the Quartermaster's ire by damaging her Beskar so extensively.

0mHCE6Q.png

quartermasterbanner.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

The Quartermaster examined the damaged armor that Aloy wore and carried. It certainly had seen action, but one of the beauties of beskar was its near invincibility as a material. Its resiliency was one of its most impressive and defining traits, and even full out war couldn't damage beskar to the point of inability to use it. "It has seen action, but it can be reforged," she finally assessed.

With the tongs, she pulled out the pallet of now-melted beskar and moved it towards a cooling bench where she'd be able to examine the molded metal for impurities. After doing this, she turned back to Aloy. "I can reforge your armor. Is this what you wish?"

OtdZKod.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

"Yes ma'am" She nods affirmatively "Though, I'm looking for something different this time 'round. A breastplate that will better fit, And the helmet completely redone. In the Nite Owl pattern."

She smiles, Thinking of the little owl-like visor her mother's helm bore, Not unlike the legendary Bo Katan Kryze. A woman she could only aspire to be, But knew deep down that she'd never reach anything closer than admiration. But now was not the time for daydreaming, As she had more practical matters to attend in the immediate future.

"There's more. I'd like whistling birds mounted to my gauntlet. I find myself beset on all sides by our enemies. Aside from that, Well... I believe my signet has finally be revealed, Quartermaster."

Her blue eyes flicker upward at the Quartermaster's golden trimmed visor, Hopeful that the woman would see fit to etch the signet on her new armor. Ten years she'd ventured on her own throughout the galaxy as a bounty hunter, Wading though the slums of humanity's hives of scum and villainy, Forgoing everything that made her mandalorian but her armor. Honor, Kin and the ability to hunt the greater beasts. Perhaps this one would finally break the cycle, And cement her place among the Mando'ad once and for all.

0mHCE6Q.png

quartermasterbanner.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

As the female Mandalorian spoke of her requests, the Quartermaster moved over to the table she reserved to design elements of new armor plates. There she keyed a small holoprojector, which began to emit the three-dimensional image of a traditional female armor set. Aloy continued to speak while the Quartermaster adjusted the design on the holoprojector; accommodating for physique, working the aesthetic factors of Aloy's house and titles into the design of the breastplate and helmet, as well as the technological elements she had requested.

Aloy ended her requests by stating that she believed her signet had been revealed, and the Quartermaster raised her head and turned it, her curiosity piqued. "Ah, a signet," she said as she reflected on the various warriors who'd she'd deemed honorable warriors with the inclusion of the skulls of their worthy kills or conquests on their shoulder pauldrons. "And what creature would that be?"

OtdZKod.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

"The Gurreck of Endor's forest moon" She says with the faintest hint of glee, Recalling that hunt on endor and her chance encounter with River that day "Not as impressive as the sorcerer who mounted it however. I'm afraid to say that I merely dismounted him. River Kryze, My mother, Claimed that kill for herself. I wonder if that warrants a signet for herself?" She chuckles while glancing back at the quartermaster's display, Watching the various designs flicker, Bathing her face in a soft blue glow.

It was an exciting thing, The prospect of finally getting a proper suit of armor, Tailored to her physique and clan, Made from pure beskar and not the chitty durasteel she wore before. She was beginning to feel like a mandalorian again, Something she hadn't felt in so long. Though, It wouldn't be red like her last set. She was a Vizsla now, And a Nite Owl, She owed it to the clan that had taken her in to represent them with pride and honor, And to continue their legacy. A legacy worth honoring, Unlike the kin killers she was born to. Though, She would find a way to include her favorite shade of red somehow. A cape or scarf perhaps?
0mHCE6Q.png

quartermasterbanner.png

T H E
E N C L A V E

The Quartermaster nodded as she spoke. "I am familiar with them," she spoke after Aloy finished her explanation. She could not tell if her last sentence was a 'joke' or not, but then again the Quartermaster was not one who understood really. . . humor. Rather than give an awkward response, she merely left it at that and let the sounds of the Forge fill in the silence.

She quickly added the geometrics of a Gurreck skull to the pauldron of the armor before she turned back to the Forge and Aloy. "I will need you to remove your beskar'gam if I am to reforge it," she informed Aloy, nodding towards the breastplate, greaves and leg armor that the Nite Owl wore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom