Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telekinetic Echolocation

Qhorin Solas

Q
e333aa28-fbef-4200-b8d0-6bbd30379b8d_zpsae2684d1.jpg
-- Lujo; Forest Souk
The jungles of Lujo had their own system of roads, paved over the years by the thousands upon thousands of feet that made their way to the famed Souk at the heart of the jungle. It opened only twice a year, drawing spacers from all walks of life and every corner of the galaxy. There was no speciesism; merely people who were willing to travel light-years to enjoy the delicacies and festivals of Lujo, as well as the company of like-minded peoples. The ursinoids of Lujo, ferocious though they might appear, were a merry bunch, with a penchant for songs, celebrations, good fights and even better food; they had a wide variety of food, palatable not only for Humans, but also the more exotic, non-humanoid species.

The Souk was one of my few indulgences. The sounds, the sights, the smells; they made me feel alive in a way that belied words. The Force was strong on Lujo, very strong, and every time I visited the planet I left with more clarity, empowered in the Force. It was the only place I could drop my calm, indifferent mask and be myself. I ate with Toydarians, danced with Besalisks, and sang with Duros. I let my Force signature shine freely, all of its lightness and darkness, uncaring of who might sense my presence. Stealth, secrecy -- none of that mattered now. This was a time to celebrate; to celebrate life and death, and triumph and defeat, for neither could exist without the other. So mired in the moment was I, I didn't notice the presence of another Force-adept at the Souk.

But she had probably noticed me.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

"One! Two! Three!" Everything blurred as the stout Besalisk hefted me into the air above with a hearty laugh. The air whipped around then caressed me lightly. Slowly, I unfurled myself from the cocoon-like position, my arms outstretched, my head high, my body open to the world. There. That's where Time slowed, ticking quietly in desperate suspense. I can not see the colours of this world. The lanterns, the sky, the stalls, the clothes, the decorations; those cheery sights were not for me. But, instead, I saw and felt the Life pulsate, enclosing me in its power. Exhilaration and giddiness took a hold of me. I was lost to the feeling of unity of this place. No hiding, no inhibition, no close calls, no boundaries.

This last encounter had startled me. He had shown me my insecurity and fears; he had also shown a slight glimmer of his, which frightened her naive eyes. Then he taught why, how, and what. The different sides that I knew of but never actually knew of. But now, it was time to lose myself. If just for once.

Bright light grounded caught my attention, drawing my vision to the audience below. There, stood a being who shined quite strongly. The intensity sort surprised her but that soon faded as she felt gravity call her back to the ground. Time fast-forwarded as she closed up again and fell. Back into the waiting arms of the participants below. But that light...

Was it her imagination?
------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"] : I think..I did this right?

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Make your eyes glow!" A young ursinoid begged. "Yeah," his friend piped up. "Make em' glow!" Another youngling approached, more reserved than her peers but no less demanding. "Please?" she intoned, her eyes impossibly big.

I sighed and turned away from the Sabacc table. To be honest, I was glad for the distraction, as I'd been losing terribly. The game was much to chaotic to follow, and the rules changed every other hand. "Fine," I said. I took a deep breath, drawing on the abundant Force energies of Lujo. When I opened my eyes again they glowed with an eerie blue light.

"Amazing," the three gasped in tandem. I might've been amused at their show of solidarity, but I'd noticed a presence in the crowd gathered on the other side of the road, a presence that was unmistakable.

It was a Force-adept. "Excuse me gentlemen, children." I left the Sabacc table entirely, and all of my credits as well. Those men had much more need for them than I. Languid steps carried me across the road where I found my gaze drawn to a woman with a black cloth wrapped around her eyes; she was the presence I'd noticed. After another countdown the Besalisk launched her into the air once more. I seized the moment and slipped forward to the center of the crowd, supplanting the multi-armed sentient with a wave of my hand -- he knew who and what I was, knew that despite my slip frame, I could catch the still rising woman with ease.

He'd thrown her rather high, it seemed. At least twenty feet -- maybe more. I reached into the Force and pulled clumps of oxygen together above my outstretched arms, forming a thick, makeshift cushion out of the air. She would find her descent slowing more and more the nearer she came to the ground, until she landed in my arms with a gentleness that belied the height of her fall. I looked down at her, eyes still glowing with Force energy. A smile tugged at the corner of my mouth. I was riding on the emotions of the people around me, and they were all giiddy, drunk with happiness -- or just plain drunk. The Kryf was especially good.

"Hello," I said, drawing more energy into myself; I felt like I could throw a starship, if I wanted to. I could do better than twenty feet -- I would do better than twenty feet. "And goodbye." I gathered myself and threw her into the air, watching as she soared into the sky.

Maybe I'd overdone it a bit.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]: I'm not sure there is a wrong way. Regardless, you did good!​

A feather. That's what it felt like as gravity began to loosen it's hold on me until I decided to glance up- and into the face of another. A man. A bright one at that. His aura practically blinded her being so close. His arms had grasped and held me as I was certainly preoccupied to land properly. Flushed cheeks and neck grew darker as she continued to figure out what exactly had happened. Had not a burly, multi-limbed being thrown her? Certainly no lean and slim human like this one.

"Hello," the man greeted me, the flow of energy building up within him. Even my own hummed with being near him. He seemed quite tipsy from the atmosphere surrounding him. Well, Not like I have any room to speak considering I had just randomly asked some stranger to toss me in the air, simply to feel the sensation of flying. "And goodbye."

What? Eyebrows quirked as his whole shifted. Once again a blur, however this time I had no graceful acrobatics up my sleeves. My body turned as it was tossed much higher than before. And slightly towards the right, the trees right below her. Panic shot through me as I quickly re-adjusted and spun myself, my hands facing the branches. Rough hands landed, and gripped one of the branches. The momentum swung me around and I let go, flipping several times. I used the young man's shoulder as a vault and landed behind him. My hair was certainly mess from the random acrobatics show and my clothes were slightly askew. The crowd was cheering about the graceful escape from crashing, patting me on the back and all. However, these detail escaped my attention as I was more concerned about mentally voicing my thoughts to this reckless man.

I waved my hand at him. 'Could you, you know, possibly warn someone before tossing them into trees, good sir?' I gestured to the trees surrounding us. I didn't think about whether or not the man could telepathically hear me until I had finished and then faceplamed myself. Not everyone is Telepathic, Xeni. Still. A warning would have been nice and when did this man butt in? She inspected her troublemaker and his bright aura.
-----
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
It's your fault for flailing. If I was surprised by hearing her voice in my head, I didn't show it. Saega, my former apprentice, and I had conversed through telepathy during the entirety of her training. I tossed you straight up. If you hadn't moved, you'd have come straight down. Good acrobatics, though. I thought you might kill yourself, for a second. I wasn't the least bit contrite, and it showed in my uncharacteristic grin. I was usually much more sombre; much more mellow. The festival brought out the youth in me -- the part of me that was still learning about life, and living. The part of me that enjoyed fun and games and alchohol. Besides, you're fine, I thought, looking her over. There isn't a scratch on you. My gaze drifted up to her hair. Your hair looks terrible though. And there's bits of leaves in it.

I took it upon myself to remove them, thin tendrils of telekinetic energy leaping from my hand to attack the strands and clumps of her hair. Within moments, it was straightened and cleaned. Somewhat.

You ready for round 2? I'm thinking higher this time.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

Wouldn't anyone flail when thrown without warning? However, I kept that to myself. I was about to give him another scolding when he reached down and straightened my mop of a hair. By telekinesis. That grabbed my attention. Sure, I knew how use it, but only on a basic level like lifting a box. Anything else boggled me considering no one had really taken the time to sit down and actually teach me. Mind you, you would think that because of my race, I'd be more prone to catching on. But, alas, my attention span and concentration is quite lacking due to my flighty nature.

An image flashed through my head. Her cloak had been draped over him. Her eyebrows rose in realization. Dawning knowledge overwhelming my mind as if to mock me. She could 'clothe' them in the Force. Or, bounce it off of their physical self. Why didn't she think of that before? Was that what she attempting to do in that incident not too long ago?

I returned to reality upon hearing his offer to be tossed again. The crowd around us cheered at the suggestion, the cheery deposition never ceasing. Well, now she couldn't refuse, could she? I chuckled at the young man's grin. I suppose I should let bygones be bygones. 'Only if you're willing to teach me that neat telekinetic trick,' she replied, a wild grin of her own.
-------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
I can teach you more than that. I gathered her in my arms once more, reopened my connection to the Force, and was all at once swarmed by almost overwhelming sensation and power. But first, I'm going to make you fly. I bent at the knees and pushed her into the air, the throw not only assisted by Force enhanced strength, but by gathered kinetic energy as well, to rocket her high into the sky beyond the treetops. I maintained my focus in the Force, kept the whole of my awareness centered on her, and lent telekinetic hands to slow her descent to a smooth fall, like a leaf, swaying in a gentle wind.

Don't panic, I projected to her mind, and don't flail.

Inanimate objects had no energy of their own to interact with. Moving them was simple, and little more than a thought. Living beings, on the other hand, did have energy to interact with, and it tended to rebel against foreign presences. It required finesse, as well as power, to resist being repelled while simultaneously influencing the object, and even then, the influence could only be passive. In this case, I thickened the air beneath her by pulling the molecules themselves together, to form a tangible, telekinetic 'blanket'.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

Wait. Wh-! Powerful arms wrapped around me, forcing my body to tense. Then well, up and away. Don't flail. Feh. He's not the one being tossed into gods-know-where. Well, he did warn me, a shoddy one at that. Once again the blur took over as I rolled up and opened out at the peak, time stopping as I took in the view. It almost (very close) took away my breath. Auras mingled and danced together. To the normal individual it would be splashes of colour. To her, it was Life as the big picture. I breathed in slowly, filling myself with the crisp air and fulfilling atmosphere. One of the many, many reasons why I loved traveling. No one place felt like home, but yet, the entire Universe did. And I felt compelled to know all of it. Every corner, crevice, hole, and bump.

Time began to speed up just ever so slightly as I descended, much slower than before (probably due to Mr. Stranger-Toss). I did a few flips and graceful spins to entertain the audience below until eventually I landed back into his arms, my own wrapping around his neck. Childish giggling, and my own giddy laughing ensued as I beamed at the young man, my cheeks flushed from the excitement. Alright, I'll admit it. This was grand fun. But,like all good things, it must come to an end.

'While I still say to give a better warning, it was quite fun, good sir. Thank you!' I replied, about to let go and go back to my rust-bucket of a ship. I really don't think that this man would have taken my earlier silly demand seriously. That, and well her muscles screamed for release.
-----------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
She performed admirably, cutting a few graceful flips as she fell. All too soon she was in my arms once more, face red, lips spread in a pretty smile. I returned her smile with a smile of my own.

While I still say to give a better warning, it was quite fun, good sir. Thank you!'
She seemed about to leave, but I had no intentions of letting her -- I was high-handed that way. Instead of releasing her to walk on her own to feet, I carried her away from the crowd back to the Sabacc table to a chorus of disappointed groans and demands for more throws. You're lucky I'm in a such a good mood, I told her, reclaiming my seat. Maneuvering with her in my arms, as long as she didn't flail, was exceedingly easy, as if she was a mere fraction of her true weight. I'm normally not this fun to be around.

"Deal me in," I told the black furred ursinoid running the table, speaking with my voice for the first time since I'd met the dark haired young woman. Immediately, the game started back up as if I'd never left. My name is Cronos. I believe you wanted me to teach you telekinesis?

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

I was still processing what exactly had happened. Now I'm not one to complain about being carried around like a princess, but it wasn't exactly something that happened to me due to my rowdiness. Lucky? I am often told that, usually dealing with near close encounters with losing a limb or two. I don't think he would be that different in any other situation, but sometimes the crowd's mood is simply infectious. In that case, should I escape? But upon feeling him maneuvering me and having me in his lap, I decided that I probably wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

His voice rumbled, making me jump just a little. I turned towards his direction to indicate that I was listening before he projected into my mind once again. Cronos? In all honesty, that is a pretty impeccable name. A raised eyebrow. He actually took my jest earlier seriously. A tilt of head while I considered. Well, not like I knew anyone at the moment to teach me, and frankly, anyone knows more than me. Why not take the chance? It's not like throwing myself out to the wolves is anything new.

I fidgeted slightly. 'That's a kind offer for you to make, Mr. Cronos. Name's Xeni. Any sort of payment you expect if I accept?' I inquired, turning some attention to the game before me, my body slowly relaxing as I tried to analyze the game. I was never good at them considering I can't see what's printed on the cards.
----------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
In that case, should I escape?
The notion made me laugh. You're certainly welcome to try.

Cronos? In all honesty, that is a pretty impeccable name.
Impeccable? I'd never heard my name described as such -- of course, outside of Maddie, the only people who even knew my real name were other Inquisitors, and none of them were in the business of giving compliments. I suppose it is rather impeccable, isn't it? I didn't bother checking my hand -- the cards would change soon -- instead focusing my attention on Xeni. She was surprisingly calm and level for a girl sitting in a stranger's lap, especially considering my behavior. Probably because I'm not trying to kill her, I thought to myself. Attempted murder put a damper on most potential friendships, and now that I thought about it...

I had good relationships with all the Force-adepts I hadn't attempted to kill or convert... one of them had even pledged herself to me. I was still figuring out exactly what that meant.

'That's a kind offer for you to make, Mr. Cronos. Name's Xeni. Any sort of payment you expect if I accept?'
Payment? I finally looked at my cards. I had a six, and a master(14) -- with another three, I'd have had Sabacc. I slipped into the thoughts of the other players: one had 21, and another had -22. I folded. A dance, I answered finally. I didn't clarify as to what sort of dance.

What do you want to learn first?

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

At his reply, I slowly turned to face him with confusion clearly on my face. A dance? I looked back to the table and watched the round quickly end and the dealer scoop up the card, once again placing cards. I lightly bit my lip. Was 'dance' a secret word for something? A code? A double entendre? Maybe it really is just a dance, though that's more along the lines of what an old man would ask for. I really don't see how that is payment, then again he was out of whack due to the festivity. He did mention something about that earlier.

He shifted his knee slightly causing me to move. Hopefully, it didn't hurt him when she did or maybe she should fetch a chair? A glance down at the man's arm. Or not. I tilted my chin and turned in his direction. What should I learn from him? While I had only asked for the simply trick earlier (My hair is a demon to wrestle with), he didn't specify any one thing to teach. That was a rather large opening, especially considering he only charged a 'dance'. Some consideration before she decided to toss out her suggestion.

Have you ever some across something that is... by technicality Force Dead? If so, then perhaps you can help me see them. By sort 'blanketing' them with the Force, or bouncing it off of their physical self. Do you think.... that be possible? I shifted myself to face him, tilting my head with the question.
-----------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
I've come across dead-dead things, I began, folding my new hand immediately, but not Force dead things. I considered her idea as I sat, unabashedly staring into her face. She had nice cheeks; not too sharp, not too smooth -- she was rather pretty, actually, even with half her face hidden beneath a black cloth. I wondered how she'd found herself here, of all places; I had been to a couple of the annual festivals, and I'd never seen a Miraluka at any of them.

It's possible, I said at last. Anything is possible, with the Force. You only need to find out the best way for you to do it. You could emulate the echolocation of bats with telekinetic waves and sensory enhancement, or you could wrap the Force dead 'object' in a blanket of Force energy, as you mentioned -- since you can see the Force, the Force dead object would then appear to you as a highly detailed silhouette, surrounded by your own energy.

Either way would work... but both will be equally difficult to learn. Well, not so much difficult as tricky. Very tricky; the more creative applications of telekinesis usually were. I won the third hand with a perfect 23, and the fourth with -23. I didn't stay for the fifth, leaving the table to quiet grumblings and whispered 'good riddances'

I carried her away from the main 'road' to a quieter, less populated section of the souk. How good is your telekinesis, Miss Xeni? What can you do with it?

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

He had never come across one? Mild surprise rippled through me. Maybe perhaps such things were not prevalent from where he came from. However, the phrase 'dead-dead' almost made me chuckle and shiver at the same time. For some odd, reason I have this lovely knack for attracting the mercs and/or assassins. Was this Life's sign saying that this is how my own end will come about?

I was slightly shy of ecstatic when Cronos mentioned that these feats were probable though highly difficult, which was completely fine by me. Most things worth knowing are difficult in some way or fashion. Now for which method? While learning both would be tremendously helpful, I can really only focus on one for now for it to work efficiently. Echolocation is obviously more for locating things while 'blanketing' them is more descriptive. Physical appearances held no desire for me (unless it's to identify someone in particular), so I opted for echolocation. It would prove more useful to me as droids were now practically everywhere.

My thoughts were interrupted when (once again) I was being carried away elsewhere. A questioning look on my visage. Why does he feel the need to carry me everywhere? I was about squirm and ask him to release me when he inquired about my current telekinetic powers. That took most of her concentration.

Hmm.. I can lift things and vaguely toss them, if need be. Rather mediocre or less in my opinion. I find it rather hard to keep my concentration on one thing long enough to do anything drastically. That, and well, ..... Should I tell him? Surely, that incident didn't change her ability to do it. Would it? Furrowed eyebrows and a grimace as memories crawled over my conscious. I shook away the grim thoughts. I needed to get past them and now was the time to do it.
---------------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
Then that's what we'll learn first, I said as I walked. You can't do anything worthwhile if you can't concentrate. I considered ways to help her better her concentration, and could think of only one thing that would work without spending days or perhaps weeks attempting to reach a deep meditative state.

Concentration isn't so much focusing on one thing as it is not focusing on everything else. And nothing quite cleared your mind like fighting for your life. Do you have a weapon? A lightsaber would be preferable. I looked ahead and saw a booth that just so happened to sell archaic swords. Swords could work, I amended.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

Wait. Swords? I'm beginning to seriously second guess this man and his intentions. After some deliberation, I decided to stick around for a little while longer. Maybe I'm supposed to learn concentration by balancing a sword (albeit it's a dangerous tactic) or perhaps hit a dummy target? Well, it was evident that he was a fighter of some sort by his lithe and concise movements (not too mention by the obvious muscular stature that I'm trying to ignore).

Er... I've only used a small dagger and even that is not very often. Are you sure about this? I questioned, looking up at him with concern written all over my face. Mind you, I should probably should learn, but can't I start with something safer, like a foam sword? Maybe a wooden one at least? A small frown. I have a bad feeling about this... Aren't there other methods of taming her wandering attention?

. . .Er, could you possibly... set me down? Especially if you want me handling a sword, Mr. Cronos.
-----------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"] : I apologize for the short post. I'm dealing with tiny humans.

Qhorin Solas

Q
I'm very sure. I'd use a training remote if I had one handy, but I don't. But I was in a market, wasn't I? If I looked, I'm sure I could find one; a G-series seeking droid at the least, if not an H. When she finally asked to be put down I laughed and said, Sure. All you had to do was ask. I released her legs to swing down to the ground and took my hand away from her back. I'll see if I can find a training remote, but if I can't, we're coming back to the swords. We might even luck up and find a lightsaber! I doubted that though. If there was a chance we'd find one, it was a slim chance. Paper-thin.

You can feel the Force, can't you? Focus on it, on its movements -- don't try to clear your mind, but instead allow the Force to fill it, like water in a cup. It'll push everything else away, if you let it. Such a task was easier said than done, but I had faith in her. I could feel her connection to the force; it was strong, as strong as any other Force-adept I'd come across. It wasn't her connection that limited her -- it was her mind. Hold on to that feeling for as long as you can. Find that place as often as you can. The longer you can hold it, the easier you can reach, the closer you'll be to completing your goal.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]​

I wasn't quite sure if I could accomplish that so easily. I survive because I use the Force to see. It's all that fills my mind and vision. but it's not controlled. It overwhelms me if I try, so I just let everything hit me at once. That, and it is a great risk to my life to focus my energy on one object in the Force as everything is blotted out. It makes me vulnerable to everything else. But, I conceded to his instructions and began to focus on his form.

With a silent prayer to who knows what that Cronos doesn't find a lightsaber, I start to focus on him. His outline sharpened as every crevice, wrinkle, and detail begins to fill out. His unique aura wracked my mind as I began to analyze every shift in it, every pulse resounded within myself as shivers crawled over me. The surrounding beings and environment dimmed slowly as the Force shifted from them to him. A small headache was forming. Eventually even my own presence seemed to disappear as Cronos now shined brightly in her vision; so brightly that the details of his physical were now indistinguishable.

I really hope this won't be as painful every time.
--------------
@[member="Cronos Aegir"] : Sorry for the late post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom