Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technology thoughts

i have had an idea with having the abuilty to "create" new weapons, ships, armor, entire species, and planets. if we are making such things maybe there could be an advance in technology with lightsabers? such things as different shapes instead of the plain blade, make a lightsaber that would be curved or make one that can take the form of an ax blade? just some thoughts that could be put out here. id like to know what everyones thoughts are (if its approved) to make different types of blades. thanks.

Alli Wren

A
Baktoid industries would love to work with you in creating any and all technology devices ( provided we get the patent) But that is interesting, You could try... i would say that it has as much a chance of passing as any thing.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
You could just upgrade any modular laser-blade weapon into a Force Weapon Category. Rather than build a thousand-million different unique entries. Simply give your weapon a 'Category'. Ex:

* Lightsaber (Force Weapon)
* Lightwhip (Force Weapon)
* Lightaxe (Force Weapon)

* Laser sword (Energy Weapon)
* Laser whip (Energy Weapon)
* Laser axe (Energy Weapon)

* Vibro sword (Vibration Weapon)
* Vibro whip (Vibration Weapon)
* Vibro axe (Vibration Weapon)

* Cortosis sword (Metal Weapon)
* Cortosis whip (Metal Weapon)
* Cortosis axe (Metal Weapon)

well it looks like i wasnt thinking about that. lol and if you look at the entry it shows other types of shpes that the saber can take place so thats going ot be alot of differnt entries at once.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Okay. So much for simplicity. How about...

Instead of you submitting a dozen different entries all on one spreadsheet just for the sake of 'What If'. Instead, you just make the custom weapons you want to use and submit those?

Logical and simple. Eh? Eh? :D :p

But where is the fun in that? Typical Jedi mind set! The universe thrives in chaos and enthropy. You cannot prevent the winds of change......

........actually he makes a lot of sense, but as a Sith I am bound to oppose anything that smacks of reason and order.

@JSC so all i do is say on the fourm that it can be like (example) that the weapons can also be vibro, durasteel, lazer, and cortosis forms. instead of just saying that its just for lightsabers?

@Karin yeah i think thats sounds good right now.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darren Shaw said:
@JSC so all i do is say on the fourm that it can be like (example) that the weapons can also be vibro, durasteel, lazer, and cortosis forms. instead of just saying that its just for lightsabers?
Huh? Shaw, that run-on sentence made no sense. So I'll try to simplify, again:

Star Wars has a million different types and categories of weapons. Some of those weapon types and weapon categories are more famous than others. I will list some famous ones. Like (Blaster) Rifles, (Vibro) Swords, and (Beskar) Armor. Now. One of most important things you can do as a writer is learn the types and categories of these weapons; and the (Keywords) that define them.

___

So in the Factory. When you are creating new items. I might suggest. That rather than creating a million different types of weapons, bucklers, and blades that you will never use? You simplify. ...And you only submit the melee weapons that you want to use for your character. And instead of calling them (Laser), (Vibro), (Energy), or (Beskar) weapons. You call them (Force), (Darksaber), or (Lightsaber) weapons.

It was just a suggestion man. I'm sorry if it was too complicated. :(

yes i see what you are getting at. im sorry about the ealier post it was late at night and im not really thinking at that time. but i dont just creat items for myself i wat to create for everyone. some people may have not thought of what i wanted to do. so i just simply apply everything. (example) if i make a katana lightsaber lets say someone wants an Ax lightsaber. well they have to go in and make one for them self. and that cycle can contiue. so i make every thign i can think of so other people dont have to "waste time".

i hope this helps about why i make "a million different types of weapons"

hahaha my dad use to say "you cant fix stupid" and im not trying to help the stupid people. im helping the people who also think like me and maybe give them some inspiration. lets say i didnt name a weapon that you wanted then you could post that your self (if you wanted to) or you could ask me (or the perso who created the object) to add that in thier designs. i never really liked "stupid" people anyways they waste my time that i dont have. (no offence to the stupid people)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom