Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technologically advanced or decreased?

Alright so I think I have been having some real difficulty here.

This RP site's history is set after a few centuries of darkness during which.... was technology advanced or did it fall back? Are we talking Dark Ages during the Medieval time period or more like Isaac Asimov's Foundation's darkness?

If the former, then have certain aspects of technology increased?

If the latter, how did it jump from Dark era to better than movies, in most regards?

From my looking at this site, and what has come out of it much of the technology in use is better than the movies in different areas. While I have understand that we have a hell of a lot of companies that are very advanced, I mean that is always so much fun, I can't comprehend why those same companies are not creating certain things that outdo the movies. We have armors, weapons, fighters, and vehicles that are better than the movies. Why has a Death Star not been produced, beyond it just being an overpowering tool that, for completely understandable reasons, is not allowed?

I guess my confusion is where I hear it said that this is after 400 years of darkness where little to no technological advancement (I would assume that means that the galaxy fell into Anarchy) and then seeing that we have technology that could beat the movies many times over.

I am not looking for a fight, I am not looking to upset people, that is the last thing I would ever plan on doing. I simply am curious and if anyone has the answers I am more than willing to listen. If I have made an assumption that completely messes up my logic (I am a little sleepy so I will not make the assumption that I have made a sound case) then please point it out.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]
The movies are set from 32 BBY to 4 ABY.

The very last novel era was set in 135 ABY. The 400 year darkness occurred between ~450 ABY to 2 years prior to present day. Even with stagnation and even gradual decline, technology was still over 400 years post-Original Trilogy setting. That being said, I haven't seen much that beats the technology of either EU canon or the movies.

Honestly. Star War technology is very very stagnant. If you look at the Latest tech in Legacy Era, then at the old tech in say KOTOR. It really has not come all that far. Sure there is little advancements, but most of it is still the same. There's still turbo-lasers, still blasters, and still the same shield technology. Things haven't really evolved much more here than they did in the canon universe.

It's just things in the factory are a LOT more fleshed out and have a lot more detail(because we demand it). Most canon technology can go toe to toe with things made here.

Its just all in how you RP it.

[member="Corruck Kazen"], as [member="Soliael Devin Talith"] said, canon tech can go well against others. Simple because there is little difference between the eons of times past that literally you could live in the year of the movies, go into a cryostasis, and wake up now, then be almost perfectly fine with technology becuase it does not advance that much.

Earth today is advancing very, VERY fast in technology because we humans are discovering more and more. But once we reach the final frontier of space, and discover blades made of plasma and weapons that can fire beams of light, we will eventually hit a part where old technology will work just as well as new tech. Because we can't advance any further.

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

As he said. I have no real knowledge of how to use some of the tech made outside of my own yet though... haha... ah well. I pictured the Darkness being a more stagnant time in the galaxy tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom