Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tech seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: These seeds are designed to provide the Jedi who know how to use them with a vareity of options covering all sorts of uses ranging from defense to offense to even ultilty as their use is limited to the skill of the user.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Kyle Aracaina
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Jedi (with Plant surge)
Modularity: Very changable as the seeds can adapt to the user
Production: Unique
Material: Nano droids which are constructed of the most basic molecules
Description:
Kyle found that the force power of Plant surge to be an impressive power that has many amazing uses. However he also realized the weakness of not having access to plant life could be a problem so set to work on creating the Tech Seed project. The goal was simple, to create a device that would allow Jedi who have chosen to use this power access to it on more occassions and also open up a wider arrary of options when they do.

To create them required hours of study and focus using Mechu-deru during which he used a high power microscope and the force to construct these very tiny droids. Also by challenging his own power into them he was able to create a greater array of development for them compared to a normal nano droid. The ultimate result takes the form of an organic paste which can be carried in a sealed container. The paste is completely harmless and even edible as it is organic. The Seeds within the paste are activated by direct contact with the user who must channel the force into them with the Plant Surge. Once activated all it takes is for the paste to be spread across an INORGANIC material for them to begin their work. The droids rapidly devour the chosen subject and in doing so create more of themselves. Essentially creating a new plant organism that grows at an incredible rate. These droids rapidly form structures typically found in organic plants but again at rates that cannot be matched by organics. These plant cells are created by the raw material but rather then photosynthesize draw energy from the force users own control. The reason that the paste only works on inorganic material is that the creator foresaw their uses as a flesh eating nano droid swarm and built in safeguards against it.

With this system a Jedi can use the paste on an object and then create whatever they are capable of imagining/handling. The most basic of examples can be vines exploding out from the application site but could also create a bark like coating or even a whip of thorns. How it is used also rests in the hands of the user and how creative they can be while using them and how much energy they are willing to devote to them.

The system is not without its drawbacks first and foremost being the effort required to create control and sustain these plant like structures. Normally Plant Surge draws on existing life to control forcing it to grow. But this system requires the user not only to force it to grow but to actually feed it with their power essentially costing double the usual effort. Also should the connection to the user be severed the system dies almost immediately and the droids that hold up the cells self destruct making the constructs generated hollow and lifeless. The final draw back is that the tech seeds are not creating a new metal or alloy. The plant structures created are only going to be as strong as the source material.

[member="Kyle Arcaina"]

I like the effort, but I'm exceedingly confused by this submission.

Nanodroids are pretty rare in Star Wars canon and would require a large corporation to create them.

Nanodroids are not organic.

Mechu Deru is a difficult skill, I wouldn't expect a padawan to be able to create something this complex. Is this is a transfer character with some history of this kind of work?

I'm still not entirely clear on intent, compared to say carrying some seeds around?

I think I may have gotten over eager with my desire to create something without pausing to really think it through. I liked the idea of trying to create a metallic plant like device that could be controlled by users of plant surge without actually needing a plant nearby.

However if the same results can be reached with normal seeds then there really is no point. Also as this is my only character right now you are right there is no way a padawan could create something this complex at his currently level. I might try this idea later in his development but for now I think it was a neat idea that I got ahead of myself on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom