Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Teas And Trinkets

Darben Skirae had been looking to spread his stores across the galaxy, one planet at a time as he had a business running. With no more involvement in wars or galactic conquests to be faced against, the man was able to continue in his dream business. Bringing it up through the ranks of the markets. Yet, he was a far way away from even achieving this. This Darben knew very well. For now, he looked into something else that could aid him...partnerships.

So, he set out to find some small time businesses in the galaxy. Beginning with a tea shop he heard about. Tea, made him think back to Commenor. The irony of those thoughts were soon to catch up to him. Taking a ship he used to travel about, a personal vessel with a small cargo of wares he used, his plan was to see if they could trade each other goods, or share suppliers even. Touching down on a planet with two names, with a civil war which in itself was risky business, Darben set off on foot to find this shop. His plan was upon finding it, he would enter through the doors and seat himself as if he were a customer.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Altiria/Anarris was a confusing planet to outsiders, given that it had two names. But Kay was quite used to it. The planet's civil war had calmed down for the moment, which was a great thing for business.

And it was that business that kept her busy, kept her mind off of the past. Most figured her for dead and she didn't quite mind that. She needed time to recover after her capture and near execution by the Eternal Empire.

As it happened she was busy serving one of the customers when Darben Skirae Darben Skirae walked in. It nearly caused her to drop her tray, yet she managed to compose herself without spilling a drop.

After a quick apology, she made her way over to Darben's table, fidgeting with her apron. "Hello..." What could she say to him? It had been quite some time since she had seen him last. "What can I get for you?"

Darben Skirae had looked about the place for quite a moment, it was a nice little place indeed. It was...well, he was not too deeply into the ways of tea or tea shops. But at the same time, with his friends from Commenor tea had become familiar to him. So he picked this place...and something else seemed...

Darben looked up once someone came to greet him. Must have been one of the workers-

"Ka-" He stopped himself. She...wait, why was she here? She disappeared for so long. He felt confused, lost, and it showed for a moment. Eventually he managed to sputter out a response. "I...I wanted to meet with the boss of this place. A deal. Wanted to make a deal, yeah a deal. Between my shop and this one."

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Kay-Larr

Kay saw the confusion written on Darben Skirae Darben Skirae 's face. So he hadn't been told.... She figured that there'd at least be some rumours flying about once it was discovered of where she was.

She sat herself down at the table, folding her hands on top of it. "I'm the owner, Darben.Took out a loan to create this place. But that's paid off now as business is good. How are you? What type of deal are you proposing?" Plenty of questions, though she was certain that he had many of his own.

Darben Skirae found himself out of the loop with a many things in these times. Interesting things seemed to have been going on about through the galaxy. And he had to wonder how the rest of her family were doing these days....But. This was for business. That kind of talk could wait for later.

"Business deal. Share providers, share a bit of stock. That sort of thing. Or even share trading lanes, have our ships transport both our goods. Twice the packaging, twice the pay, twice the speed of delivery" the man offered, with that tell tale smug look he had at business deals.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Kay-Larr

Kay leaned back in her chair as Darben Skirae Darben Skirae gave her some insight towards his proposal. Only some of it was possible for her though.

"I make a lot of my teas here, as well as the baked goods. Some of the supplies I gather myself as well. My customers handle the shipping if they are off world. I have no ships of my own, you see, so I have to hire out."

She didn't have as many resources at her disposal as before. In fact there wasn't any sign of her even touching the Arenais fortune. Kay left it all for her children.

Darben leaned forth on the table, clasping his hands and resting elbows to the tabletop while he waited upon her response. It came, and now he had to think for a moment. There was something he thought of that could already help there. He had some transport vessels, basic ships that go from place to place across the galaxy, but it was enough.

"I can offer some of the ships that I have to you. Part of the deal, you can take up some of my trade routes. It increases product distribution for us both. What do you say?" Darben Skirae asked to her, curious on if that changed the deal up.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Well that certainly sweetened the deal. Kay thought about it for a moment or two before finally nodding her head. "Agreed. I think we could work that out." She smiled and held out her hand for him to shake. "Any product that you're keenly interested in?"

Not all of her teas were legal in all jurisdictions. Some, particularily ones containing Spice were deemed as illegal. And the one called Tea of Destiny was particularily deadly

Darben Skirae Darben Skirae

Darben Skirae moved one hand to rub along the tip of his chin, scratching through his beard lightly. What kind of products... "Well...tea. Any tea you can sell that you wish to share. And in return, I trade....well, this place could certainly use some souvenirs I am sure. Or some more resources for new tea?" Darben asked to Kay, hoping perhaps that could sell the deal.

"Anything you may be interested in?" The man returned in question, thinking about all the things he had. Really, he somewhat sold whatever he could. But it was mostly souvenirs and trinkets.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

"Not all of my teas would be allowed on Commenor. But I do have some that should be allowed. And I have a couple of baked goods you could sell too."

As for what Darben Skirae Darben Skirae had in his store that she could use here? Kay looked around her own shop for a moment. "Could use some books, maybe some unique dishes or containers for things. Perhaps even a bit of costume jewelry. Do you have those to spare?"

Darben rubbed at his chin. What a way to break some news... "I am no longer settled on Commenor. I moved my business." He said in response, tapping his hand on the table.

Skirae thought it over in his head. "I can do books, yeah. And ceramics, I can contact my suppliers who work in that. I have some jewelry." Darben rubbed at his bearded chin. It was what he had in mind.

"Oh?" She looked to Darben Skirae Darben Skirae in surprise at hearing that his business had moved. Kay hadn't been to Commenor since she was arrested and sent to Purgatory. And although the Arenais Estate was still there, none of her family lived there. More than likely none ever will.

"So where are you based now?" It seemed as though she wasn't the only one that had gone through some life changes.

Darben Skirae nodded to the woman, the queen he once worked under as Minister. Good days back then. Before bombardments and Sith and all. "Imahaylan...Stardust is queen there. Made me king, so to speak" he almost had a sort of smug look at that. Not that he ever really ruled, per say. "But I enjoy the thrills of trade instead."

"Ah yes, I had visited there a long time ago. I don't really travel much these days." Kay didn't really do a lot of anything. She was in exile and most either thought she was dead or didn't care.

But with Veiere gone and pretty much everything that she had, she didn't care either. She was nothing but a has-been. Kay had heard that enough from a couple of visitors.

"I don't deal with trade or anything like that anymore. I just make a few things and sell them. I hope that you'd keep my name out of this and only leave the name of my company as the supplier." There was no need for her in the Galaxy anymore. She was certainly not to be trusted as a leader. Kay didn't even trust herself.

Darben Skirae Darben Skirae

Darben Skirae raised a brow. He had not known she had visited once... "You should come by again! And Loreena! My family misses yours, and conversing. How are they these days?" Darben asked for a moment. He did not know of all that had happened. Had he known? He would not have asked at all. But he had not heard a word in months.

"I will keep your name out of it. Your company I'll list, and I can have it sent to another address? You can have someone stand in for you, perhaps?" Darben suggested, though he did wonder why she wanted to hide her name. He did recall the incident of her imprisonment. But beyond that, he knew nothing more.

"I'm...not really ready for travel yet. Booking passage will take some time. And as for my children, they are busy with their own lives." She didn't mention Veiere. She didn't want to. He had died and she was still coming to terms with that.

As Darben Skirae Darben Skirae mentioned a different address, Kay shook her head. "Here is fine. And I can have my employee sign any of the papers. He's a good man."

"As is mine. Renla is out on her travels and exploring the galaxy at her own will. She enjoys it...Brigh trains with her mother. She is experienced in the force, which amazes me..." He offered a light chuckle at the notion at his biological daughter having the force. It was most interesting to him. Since well, Darben had no force to himself.

Darben Skirae nodded a little bit to his friend. "Good, good. A new head of trade, you have? I remember it was a good position to be in" he said, though the first part was a bit of a joke of how he had been in that position for the leader of Commenor.

Kay remembered Renla. She was a little shy, yet Lori seemed to like her straight away. Especially as the two got older. It made her wonder if they'd run into eachother some day.

She smirked a little as Darben Skirae Darben Skirae mentioned a head of trade. He was of course one of her girst Ministers when she ruled over Commenor. That felt like a lifetime ago.

"I do pretty much everything these days. I don't even take time off. There's no reason to. Plus...I am the boss. So it is my job to be a workaholic." And it kept her mind off of her losses and the depression that came along with it.

Darben could not help but frown at that. Working, day in day out, endless nights of work till a sunrise and past that. For a moment, he shook his head. Now he had worry for his friend. "Take a break. Let someone take the reigns for a moment. It will help you" he suggested to Kay, hoping maybe she would take his words into account. Darben hoped a lot.

He felt this trade deal was...somewhat going well, going the way most of his deals went. He just had one last offer up his sleeve... "Kay...come visit. Me and Stardust. Our home is not so well known. I promise that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom