Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teaching powers

Ok so my character Shuduc Macar inherently knows a fairly high up power namely Force sight. Her species use it due to lacking a functional set of eyes and have adapted and evolved this way to use the force for sight. Indications in KOTOR are they can teach the power which seems normally very high up but. The question is is this possible and if so how hard will it be for them to translate their instinctive knowledge to teachable knowledge Granted I assume to learn it for most still requires being the proper rank of force user. I just wish to know before offering to teach such.

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate
[member="Shuduc Macar"]

Force sight shouldn't be that hard to learn for an apprentice... I mean, the higher-up parts of it are considered separate powers. (Like seeing through Force Cloak and such)

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've been using Sight on Celty to make up for his right eye, and nobody's said anything really bad about it...

She doesn't need teaching it lol. She's known it since she could see anything. Being a Miraluka I wanted to figure out she'd teach others when to her it was never taught just normal.

[member="sabrina"]

Without having a standard education behind the minutiae of how the power works and how to use it, likely it would be quite difficult to teach to anyone else. As in real life scenarios where you have people that are just naturally able to do something very well, naturally skilled, prodigies, etc, many of them do through an innate understanding of what they are doing as it comes naturally, but when you ask them to explain how they are doing it and break it down step by step it becomes very hard.

"Well...you just do it."

"I just know how."

Because they haven't been taught about the steps they are taking to do, they just know.

Basic elements of Force Sight, seeing without the use of physical eyes, is something that could potentially be taught to Padawans/Apprentices, but would likely be a rather difficult skill to learn. Not impossible though.

As mentioned above, the higher level skills would be something that comes with practice and the growing mastery of the skill as one progresses through their training and their ranks.

[member="Lorelei Darke"] Oh sorry missed your post but ok yeah I figured there would be challenges as it is basically trying to teach what she knows by instinct using teaching methods she never used herself.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Shuduc Macar"]

Also, perspective:

With the right student, you could probably do it. If your student already knew meditation, other Sense powers, and was fluent with their own abilities? They could probably learn it with enough time invested. Lords and Masters can pick up similar powers pretty easily. However, if your student was just a Padawan or initiate? They would needs months of practice to really get it down.

And that was all assuming you 'could' teach it. One of the reasons Force Sight is considered so rare is that it is like a language. If you were raised with it? Sure. You can speak it just fine. But teach it? ...That takes years of practice. And you still have to get the accent right too. Lol. :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom