Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea.

There were many acolytes in the Sith Empire now. So many it was difficult to know them all, but some always stood out. It was those that stood out that Krest took the time to look into and meet. The Temple on Bastion sat atop a small foreboding island far from the mainland and bustling cities. It was atop one of the sheer cliifsides of the island over looking the ocean that Krest sat with a pair of tea cups and a kettle atop a small fire.

Across his lap was the cane he had begun to favor more than just an act, and he was dressed in the signature black robe of the Sith. [member="Tsisaar Taral"] was told meet him there for some special training, and oh how Krest looked forward to seeing what this new generation had to offer.

The temple on Bastion was one Tsisaar hadn't been to since he first presented himself to the Sith as a new learner; he rather enjoyed the scenery, being far separate from all the annoying cities and traffic that was the norm on Bastion, and being situated somewhere other than a vast grassland. The smaller island might not have as much room to roam, sure, but the geography of it was more interesting. It even reminded Tsisaar, to a small extent, of the place where his creator's compound had been situated. Just replace the water with ice and snow and drop the temperature a few tens of degrees centigrade, and it'd be just like home.

Soon after arriving, however, he didn't have much time to go looking around the island any more than he had the last time he'd been around; he was quickly called for a meeting by one of the more well-known Lords of the order, a request he couldn't refuse. So, instead, with nothing on him but his own robes and his lightsaber, Tsis quickly began to the cliffside that he'd been told to find.

When he came nearer and noticed the Sith Lord sitting there with tea, he wasn't sure if he should be surprised or thankful. "My lord," he said with a bow, more to announce his presence than as any sort of greeting, "I have come as you requested." He didn't think it particularly necessary to give the man his own name, since he obviously knew it well enough to send Tsisaar a personal summons.

"Ah, good. You did show up, and on time. Many don't think of an old mans request as serious." Krest kept his gaze to the ocean, never once looking back to [member="Tsisaar Taral"] or acknowledging his presences with anything but words. The sharp whistle of the tea kettle rang out as the water came to a boil just as the Lord finished speaking, as if on cue. To the untrained it would be a coincidence, but Sith, much like Jedi, don't believe in coincidences.

Or perhaps that was just Krest.

Casually he poured them both a glass, and once filled he would finally motion for Tsisaar to sit. "Your Overseer speaks highly of your natural skill and curiosity of the Force. Says you're on your way to becoming a Sith much faster than any other initiate that comes through my doors." The blue eyes of the Zabrak glanced over the being with a brow twitching at the sight of his face tentacles. Yes, he was annoyed by the unsymmetrical layout of them, though he had a feeling Taral felt the same. "It's almost as if you've had training prior. Have you? And if so, from who?"

"Anybody who refuses a request from their superiors in the order is courting death," Tsisaar replied to Krest's initial comment, just after the tea kettle started whistling. When Krest motioned for it he stepped over to the other chait and sat down, accepting the tea with both hands. "I, for one, prefer to stay on the safer side of things," he finished as Krest handed him the cup. While the elder Sith spoke, he carefully sipped the hot beverage - using his mouth, rather than his huleppi; he wasn't busy trying to fit in with the overall galactic community right now, and Krest likely already knew the circumstances behind his existence anyways.

"The only training I've had has been from the other master's classes and my own readings," Tsis replied to Krest's query with a shrug. "From back at home all the way to here, I've never been taken as somebody's formal apprentice. Although I do appreciate that the overseer seems impressed with my progress." He couldn't help feeling some sort of pride, after all, being still mostly self-taught. Though I would also appreciate not being at the forefront of my overseer's mind. Attracting that sort of attention in the academy could come with its own dangers.

"Do you though? The more you excel, the more you are praised before the others. The more the others will hate you, bite at your heals to overtake you. Leading the pack only means the others are running behind you." A smile settled on the elder's lips as he looked over [member="Tsisaar Taral"] . More likely than not the alien had already thought of such a terrible predicament for any aspiring Sith. He sipped once again at his tea as he looked out to the ocean.

"What do you think of this place? This island, the Sith. Do you fell comfortable within the Academy?"

"Comfortable?" Tsisaar parroted, both mildly sarcastic and incredulous. "I think the answer to that question lies with your previous statement about the dangers of attracting attention; more simply put, peace is a lie." He sipped at his own tea, thinking through his following words: "Comfort cannot exist among the constant struggle that is life in the Sith Order - at least not anything I can imagine qualifying as 'comfort,' in the event that you differ. It's too chaotic for the peace needed for comfort to exist." Rather at odds with his earlier words, Tsisaar did relax a bit into the chair, still sipping the tea.

"If you were to ask if I felt as though I fit in, I could say I agree with that. If I was learning, then the answer is yes, and if I felt as though I were in the place where I truly belonged, I could give the affirmative; comfort, however, isn't something that can exist for so long as there are others with the proximity and power to cause my death." Beneath his huleppi, he smiled somewhat ruefully. "Ah, listen to me. I'm starting to sound as paranoid as the now-dead acolyte from last week."

"Careful, don't start admitting to killing another student in the presence of the Headmaster. It could get you in trouble." Whether or not [member="Tsisaar Taral"] was admitting to it or that he even had a hand in this now dead acolyte didn't matter. It was a casual warning that to admit to killing another student would only end badly for the killer in these halls. "One must be crafty and smart to remove their rivals. Here, let me give you another tip." With a casual wave of a hand he would reach out with the Force. Below the cliff side the water began to bubble and shake, and a massive wave surged up to cover the view.

As the water fell the massive head of the Bastion Leviathan was revealed, resting just a couple feet from the tea sipping pair. Immense emotions could be felt from it, of hate and rage, but controlled at the same time. While it wasn't completely sentient, it understood those around him. Casually the elder lord reached out, setting a hand on it's scaled nose. "Not many know this, but this Leviathin rests within the waters surrounding the temple. It's job is to protect the temple in case any wayward vessel comes too close, and to devour any acolytes trying to escape by sea. Perhaps you can find use with it's.. Location."

Tsisaar was physically incapable of keeping the look of confusion off his face when Krest seemed to suggest that he had a hand in the acolyte's death. "I'm actually not entirely sure whose work it wa--"

He was rapidly cut off by Krest speaking up again, and the head of the massive Leviathan suddenly resting right next to the pair. For a short moment, Tsisaar wasn't sure if his not immediately jumping out of his chair was due to some profound mental fortitude on his part or a complete inability act as his mind went blank with surprise and fright. He rapidly refocused on Krest's words, however, his surprise and confusion fading to a level of dull bemusement with the suggestion. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind, Master Krest," he replied, his voice somewhat flat and expression somewhat blank, matching his current emotional state after what all had just happened. "I'm sure this guardian of the temple could always do with an extra snack or two." Then, with a level of apparent relaxation that didn't match up with the adrenaline that was still present in his blood, he finished off his cup of tea, setting it down on the arm of his chair.

"This discussion has certainly been nice, but if I may be so bold as to ask...is this all you wished me to come for?" He glanced sidelong back at the Leviathan, he made sure to phrase his words as politely as possible, so as to avoid annoying and Krest and potentially becoming a snack. "I would welcome the opportunity for further such discussions in the future, but I had been intending to practice with my blade at some point today. Unless you might be willing to show me some of your knowledge in the area?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom