Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea & Sanctuary

The Planet of Sanctuary— Refitted Rebel Base

Many were concerned about the state of the galaxy, with the rise of the Sith and the fall of the Alliance. They feared the coming darkness and such was natural. But it was not the way of a Jedi. No, Jedi trusted in the movement of the Force. Trusted and went with the changing current of events as the vines for these plants climbed the trellis that Tiland shapes for them.

For Jedi Master Tiland Kortun has gone home. Not to Anzat, for he would never return to that world by choice, unless the Force commanded it. He had returned to his tea shop, from which he grew, brewed, and sold his own teas.

They were healing teas, mostly, imbued with the nature of the Force, that is, with the essence of life, and made from herbs with powerful healing capabilities. Each brew for a different purpose. Yet he himself was a healer and there was something healing about a tea ritual, which is why be always served the first cup with his guests.

Reaching out with the Force, he sought out those who were hurting and lost, giving them a subtle invitation and the name of where to find him. It was tricky business, but there were always those hurts ripples through the Force and he could always sense them. Hopefully a cup of tea could help them.

The old Jedi took a seat with a satisfied sigh and rested a cup of his own tea on his lap. They would come.

Equinox

Agility is key.
Outerspace, barely 100 miles from the Planet of Sanctuary.

Equinox smiled. After a long time of bounty hunting and gaining revenge he hadn't been able to sit down with some peace and quiet, and maybe to make a friend or two for when he needed it most. Although he still wasn't in the state to take sides, he was solo. He'd pick a fight with anyone if they started it, or maybe even if he started it...

Besides this thought, he entered the port at which he could land his ship, to find himself some peace, surely he wouldn't be known here...

Slowly, he walks from underneath his ship, looking out upon the large city before him, he smiled, keeping his helmet on, in case of an emergency, or fight. He looked towards a tea shop and slowly approached it. Stepping inside he clutched his saber, not with intent to kill, with intent to defend.

[member="Tiland Kortun"]

The name of this planet was ironic in her mind, if she were to rename if "Free Slaves Here" would be the go too word, herself unable to count the many time Sith and others have raided the planet, abducting those without a home to use as forced labor or worse. It was a practice she herself found odd, especially in this day and age, slaves cost to much to capture, cost to much to keep alive and if you did not keep them alive and just worked them to death ultimately not efficient enough.

Yes skilled slaves were good, ones with technical backgrounds, but such people where not what you really found on sanctuary, what she did find though was an odd little herb and tea shop. Such was always a nice thing to partake in, herself remembering the tea ceremonies that her mother often did with her several thousand years ago, whats more was said person seemed to be a Jedi. Even if Elise was hiding her force ability, only showing a shimmer of what she really was with the help of a false light side signature the subtle touches were easy to notice.

Coming to the store she gave a short knock before entering, giving a short wif of the air Elise allowed the aromatic smells to waft into her nose, "ahhh now that is a flavor I have not had the pleasure of experience in a while". A gentle but mysterious smile across her face as she wandered around the small store, "may I ask how much business you get out here? you are situated quite a distance way from he core words, or was that the plan from the start"?

[member="Tiland Kortun"]

Equinox

Agility is key.
Equinox acknowledges the woman that just entered the store closely behind him, eventhough she completely ignored his existence there. She didn't seem to recognise who he was, despite all of the bounties he had completed and his story of revenge being popular around parts of the galaxy. For once, despite all these emotions he was excited to know someone he encountered didn't want to kill him at first site as he was so renown for what he had done.

So he took the friendly route (which was quite rare for him, in fact, it almost never happened) and asked the woman "I've come for some peace and quiet as well, from all my stressful work, what do you do outside of this side of your life?"

He eagerly waited for a response.

[member="Elise Ike"][member="Tiland Kortun"]

[member="Equinox"] [member="Elise Ike"]

Tiland raised an eyebrow as the first figure entered, armed, armored, and with a hand on the hilt. Tiland’s eyes darted quickly across the figure, assessing his telegraphing, but it wasn’t needed.

“I hand your weapon, friend. There is no need for it here.” Indeed, Tiland didn’t even possess a lightsaber, eschewing it use entirely.Another entered shortly after him, with something of a Ligt signature, but it was peculiar, and he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“Do come in, both of you,” Tiland said as he rose and poured a pot of water. “For those from busier worlds who seek my teas, they order over the holonet. “This place is a place of rest and refuge from the chaos of the galaxy.”

He studied them both, reaching into the Force to get a better gauge of their mental, emotional, and spiritual states, based on how the Force was affected. Both were seeking rest, although from different things. “What are each of you seeking?”

Equinox

Agility is key.
"You do not know my story?" Equinox was surprised, but happy at the same time.

"I have a long story, not a happy one, but one that has brought me power and knowledge." Equinox took off his helmet, it was extremely rare for someone to encounter this action, but he felt safe here.

"My Father was killed by my Mother when I was 3. I slayed her down in anger with my Father's lightsaber. I later found out that she was brainwashed by an evil Sith Lord. I was filled with revenge to kill him, so I joined the Jedi cause. After years of training I became a Jedi Master and gained every single skill you could learn. I thought I was ready to kill the Sith Lord, but did not know where he was. And therefore I defected from the Jedi and became a Sith. I went through more training, learning everything that the Dark Side could teach me until I was a Sith Lord myself. I found the horrible man that had brainwashed my Mother, I struck him down and finally went on to learn all of the saber fighting techniques. Because I had killed a 'comrade' I was kicked out of the Sith line, they tried to kill me, but I escaped with my growing powers using the force. Eventually I went into hiding and met an old man, my Father's Father. He taught me everything that I could know about the middle of everything. The mix between the Dark and the Light side of the force, the exact middle, he called it the Grey. So now I had learnt everything that the force could teach me, but I used it to hone in on my emotions. Not to help anyone. I'm now an assassin, lusting for blood, that is what all this power has done to me. But in the end of it all, it's the light side that let's me control it that 2% of the time. I'm powerful, and know everything about the force, not one thing is out there that I do not know. I can use it however I like, but whether I want to is a different story. I'm powerful and uncontrollable."

[member="Tiland Kortun"][member="Elise Ike"]

Sabine Galen

S
Sabine Galen had come to Sanctuary for her own reasons, to continue her exploration of the force and its mysteries. The freshly minted Knight had only just begun to forge her path in the galaxy, and that way was still somewhat clouded. She had the ever-steady guidance of her Master, as he was also her adoptive father, they were still very close. But, he had started to step back, to let Sabine out from under his wing.

It was just as refreshing as it was frightening.

While making her travels here, she had heard talk of a rather mystical tea shop. The idea of tea was appealing to the young woman, for her Master was quite fond of the stuff. She couldn’t count the number of times they had shared a warm cup of brewed tea. She’d made it her quest to pick up some of this tea to bring back to Master Galen; Sabine had a feeling that he would appreciate it.

Perhaps she would even indulge in a cup herself today if she was able to locate the tea shop.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she reached out with the force. There was a peaceful presence nearby, as well as a couple of others that seemed… influx, somehow. Pushing out a quiet breath, she walked on until she came upon a small shop. It was a quaint little place, but very charming.

“Hello?” Sabine called, not wishing to interrupt those already inside. And she stepped into the doorway, revealing herself. Dressed in a simple tunic, trousers, and boots – one might not have immediately thought her a Jedi, save for the tell-tale saber clipped to her belt.

[member="Tiland Kortun"], [member="Equinox"], [member="Elise Ike"]

Equinox

Agility is key.
Equinox swiftly looked over at the new civilian emerging into the room. He looked at her and immediately spotted the lightsaber, the first thing he saw. Then her looked at her. Down, and up.

"You don't look like a saber wielder." He chuckled to himself.

"You were a bit late for my story, lucky for you, it means you won't be so scared of me."

He placed his helmet back upon his head, just in case she had something up her sleeve, or maybe she knew who he was. Then all of a sudden he thrust his hand in the air, two fingers sticking out waved it around vigorously, "I'll have your finest tea please, it might get my normal side out..."

[member="Sabine Galen"][member="Tiland Kortun"][member="Elise Ike"]

@Equinox @Sabine Galen [member="Elise Ike"]
=======

Tiland kept his composure as the one explained his life story, polishing a tea-cup until it shone, and the old Jedi nodded. He was listening, alright. He was listening very closely.

"Finest tea, certainly," Tiland murmured after giving a nod of welcome to the newcomer. This one would be a special brew, for the young man was on a journey, although it sounded like he could not yet tell what it was he was looking for. Or what he was living for. Tiland carefully selected a handful of herbs and plants that hung drying from a rack, shaving off small pieces of them with a pen-knife, and then ground them together with a pestle. "I am surprised that you have learned everything about the Force," he added after a moment. "I have been studying its mysteries for nearly a thousand years and everyday I learn how little it is that I know."

These herbs were meant to bring clarity of mind, a calming sensation, and a greater openness to the leading of the Light. "Let it steep for five minutes." With that, he handed the pot of the tea over to the man. "Then you may pour."

"Welcome," he said at last to the young woman who had arrived. "What would the young Jedi be seeking today?" He bowed and tugged at his beard. "I shall do my best to aid you in your search, for my teas are brewed for the wayfarers."

Equinox

Agility is key.
"There are many that are powerful, I assume there are many little things I should learn about the force, but for now, what we know, I am sure I know it all." He sighed, "I may be wrong though, I do know a lot however, more than most."

He let the tea sit, as the wise man had said, Equinox was starting to respect that maybe some people weren't out to kill him after they learnt his story.

The tea smelt nice, but he resisted the temptation to let it rest as instructed.

"I'm scum now, I must admit, but I feel what i do is right for my life to be lived to it's fullest. I hate the power that I own, but I use it completely as I wish."

And he took a deep breath, to rest. Once again, removing his helmet.

[member="Tiland Kortun"][member="Sabine Galen"][member="Elise Ike"]

Sabine Galen

S
A curious brow rose as the now helmeted man addressed her. Though she was young, she was still skilled enough with a saber to hold her own. However, that was not her goal today.

“Looks can be deceiving, no?” She replied, choosing not to comment on his remark about her missing his story. Watching as the tall man waved his hand for service, Sabine took a few steps further into the shop.

The smell of herbs, both fresh and dried, hung in the air here. It was relaxing, but Sabine had a feeling that this aura was largely in part to the shop’s proprietor, the bearded man. Returning his nod, she waited patiently as he poured tea for the man in the helmet first. However, Sabine couldn’t help but overhear… the bearded man was nearly a thousand years old?

“I came in search of a tea blend to bring to my Master,” She answered, “He’s something of a Connoisseur, you see. His normal fare is black tea flavored with bergamot.”

Sabine placed her fingertips on the countertop before her, blue eyes searching the shelves. Was that all that brought her here? Perhaps not. Her own journey had only just begun. While she was confident enough in her abilities as a Knight, there was still uncertainty. It was odd to be traveling without her Master at her side.

“As for me,” She said, offering a small smile. “Maybe something for peace of mind, if indeed that’s something tea alone can bring.”

[member="Tiland Kortun"], [member="Equinox"]

(oh the woes of living in Australia, wake up to find the thread blown way out of proportion)

Elise had just been standing next to [member="Tiland Kortun"] during the entire, well she would say interaction but any time the slightest thing happened this [member="Equinox"] character would go on a huge rant and derail any previous question. To be honest she could have probably killed Tiland stolen everything that wasn't nail down and leave the planet without him even knowing, not that she would but it seemed very possible considering how much he liked to talk. It kind of felt like looking as some young boy that thought they where the strongest in their school, true he may have been powerful but she really doubted he knew everything about the force, perhaps the basics, things everyone had access to, but she knew for a fact the man did not know as much as he thought.

"Ahhh to be young and foolish again" she mused with a soft voice as the new arrival came. the scent of brewing tea wafting through the small room, "oh Kortun-san, you wouldn't happen to have an area to sit down while waiting for the tea to brew"?

[member="Sabine Galen"]

Kirill Bratan

General of the Hutts, Commander of Slaving
[member="Tiland Kortun"], [member="Equinox"], [member="Sabine Galen"], [member="Elise Ike"]

Kirill was in his private armored speeder when he felt something strange. He felt like he should stop at what looked like a run down and ancient looking tea shop. He was on the planet for slaving. He is a very prominent and high ranking officer in the Hutt Cartel. He was charged with collecting.....recruits for the Cartel to be sold. He had a very good nose for finding the highest qualified personnel. The higher the quality, the higher the price. He leaned a bit and told the driver, "Stop here at the tea shop." It was a simple command for the driver was a good Cartel soldier but still Kirill doesn't think that he deserves to know the reason why.

The speeder stopped out front and the driver got out and scanned the area to make sure it was safe before going over and opening the door. Kirill stepped out and brushed off some loose lent from his suit jacket. He made sure that his blaster was secure in its shoulder holster and buttoned up the top Botton of his jacket. He looked around at the tranquility of the place and felt safe and at peace for once. Peace was something that he could rarely get, even with all of his power and wealth. He smiled a bit as he let the sun shine on his face feeling its warmth and the slight kiss from the cool breeze that followed. Then put back on his game face. Looking at the driver. "Wait here."

He walked into the building and immediately saw Equinox. He knew him from all of the holo vids being played around the galaxy and his most recent escapade to which he was glad he accomplished. It so happens that the esteemed Equinox eliminated one of his rivals to the slave business and a thorn in the side of the Hutt Cartel. He smiled and nodded to him. The kind of nod that would show appreciation. He then did a slight bow to the two ladies and went up to the old man behind the counter. Th smell of the place was intoxicating and he felt relaxed when he breathed in the intoxicating aromas.

In a confident and secure voice he said, "Excuse me. I am a man that rarely doesn't know what he is doing next, but I was going past and felt the need to stop here and talk to you." He then turned his head towards Equinox, "and you later." Turning back towards the old man. "I don't rightfully know why, but I think I could use your help." Kirill was a strong man and had an even stronger mind of will and this was the first time that he could recall that he actually said that he needed someones help....and in public with witnesses around. He waited for the old mans response.

OOC: I hope that you don't mind me posting here. I am getting back to this site.

@Equinox @Kirill Bratan [member="Elise Ike"] [member="Sabine Galen"]

"I see," Tiland replied, as he prepared several more pots of hot water. "You may be surprised as you learn how much it is that you still have to learn. The Force is infinite. We are not."

With a swipe of a towel, he wiped up a small amount of spilled water, and placed the cloth over his shoulder, before collecting the next set of herbs. "Place to sit? Yes, just through here." His voice was absent-minded as he gestured within a small alcove, just by the counter, in which multiple small tables, all low to the ground, with rugs for seating.

Tiland paused for a moment to process everyone's words before continuing. "Black tea with bergamot, you say?" He considered for a moment before disappearing into the back. Shortly after, he returned with a bag of loose tea. "Here you are, my own blend of it. As for peace of mind..." His low voice trailed off as he moved through the selection of herbs hanging from the ceiling. He collected several different samples and brought them together in a pestle. "This can help when it grows more intense."

As this new man entered and spoke, Tiland nodded, listening as he stroked his beard. "Indeed. I may be able to be of assistance. What do you need help with?"

Kirill Bratan

[member="Tiland Kortun"], [member="Equinox"], [member="Sabine Galen"], [member="Elise Ike"]

"I don't know. I am force sensitive, but not trained nor do I think I am powerful, and felt the need to stop here and find you. I don't know how I know it is you, but I am certain that it is you that I was compelled to seek out." He looked around the room again and noticed a lightsaber on the hip of a young girl in what looks to him to be wearing peasant clothing. *A Jedi.* He thought to himself. Might have to watch out for her but from the looks of her age, she can't be that well trained and should pose no problem at all. But he has been wrong before.

The other woman looks young but there was an aire to her presence that made him think that she was fully capable of doing many things and handle herself well in a fight. Equinox he knew about.

He looked back at the old man. "I guess with my job I am stressed and tired allot. Do you have something that will calm my mind while still allowing me to be alert? And maybe something for sleepingas well."

He looked back at Equinox seeing his face for the first time and wondered how much money it would worth to sell a picture of the infamous killers face to the right people. He knew his Cartel would pay handsomely for it, but the Hutts have no quarrel with him.....yet.

Equinox

Agility is key.
Equinox finally gave in to the urge to taste the tea. He poured it into a large cup and took a few sips. Then, he took a second to think. He liked it. A lot. "Ayy, can i get permanent orders to my ship? This is great!" Equinox knew he would always be giving up his position for that, but only the old man should know, and he should keep it secret. Then Equinox stopped, he paused everything, placing down his cup and closing his eyes. He could sense another man taking abnormal interest in him. He didn't why, or what for. He didn't even know if the man knew about his story, but he wanted to be safe, and replaced his helmet after exchanging a quick glance with the man.

"Some people know me, most do, and I don't like it." Equinox said, and he became more on edge, ready for something to happen if the man tried to do something to him. Maybe he was wrong, maybe the man just thought Equinox was cool, but Equinox made it a reason to be on edge.

[member="Kirill Bratan"][member="Tiland Kortun"][member="Elise Ike"][member="Sabine Galen"]

Elise sat in a typical Seiza style as they came into the room, not giving much notice to the new man that entered, only that he seemed like bad business. He reminded her of another Hutt lord from Na Shadda with the same looks, perhaps they where related in some way, it had been many years since she had visited smugglers moon. Even such she still had no real idea who the other people here were, the [member="Equinox"] character seeming to be important, but herself unable to remember his face from anything. Among the galaxies most well known bounty hunters and assassins there was the Infamous Sith Affiliated Golden Company, the new Boba 2.0 Koda Fett, Formorta the masked assassin and Ghorua the Shark, but that was honestly all that came to mind.

She gave a small shake of the head not putting much thought into it, maybe it was just one of those underworld assassin that had not actually made a big name for themselves yet. He seemed to have a different view of it, but perhaps most people referred to 'powerful' people, "Well if it makes you feel any better I have no idea who you are Equinox, but I am not that much of a sociable person, I could very well have just missed out on the news of all you murders". Leaving the comment in the air she poured herself a cup of tea, swirling the cum around a bit before taking a small sip, "ahhh quite refreshing if I do say so myself, you have quite the selection here".

[member="Kirill Bratan"] [member="Tiland Kortun"]

Sabine Galen

S
Blue eyes watched as Tiland motioned towards an alcove nearby, a place to sit. Though she had not originally planned to say for long, perhaps she could stay to enjoy a cup of tea. Sabine watched the bearded man disappear into a back room for a moment, a hopeful smile on her face. That smile only grew when she was presented with the shop proprietor’s very own blend of black tea and bergamot. Taking the small bag, she lifted it to her nose to sniff – the familiar aroma met her immediately.

“My master will be very pleased with this,” She nodded, and then watched curiously as Tiland began to grind dried herbs that he’d plucked down from their spot hanging on the ceiling.

“Many thanks,” Sabine said, nodding gratefully. She had to admit that it would be rather nice to have a blend of her own to sip in the evenings.

Turning slightly, she watched as yet another new arrival came through the door of the tea shop. My, my… this place seemed to hold the answer for many today.

With her own business at the shop taken care of, Sabine stepped away from the counter to let the older man approach. He had a distinguished appearance, but he did seem rather unsettled. Slipping to the side, she moved on to the sitting area to wait for the new batch of tea to finish brewing.

And though she did not mean to eavesdrop, she listened passively to the voices of the shop patrons.

[member="Elise Ike"], [member="Equinox"], [member="Kirill Bratan"], [member="Tiland Kortun"]

[member="Kirill Bratan"] [member="Sabine Galen"] [member="Elise Ike"] @Equinox

Tiland nodded as he listened to the man speak, leaning against the counter. "Hmm," he said at last, "Indeed. There was an invitation through the Force for those whose paths are not clear to find their way here. The fact that so many of you were in the area-," Tiland paused to indicate he was referring to them all. "That is the will of the Force itself. And yes," even as Tiland spoke, he was rummaging through the stocks behind the counter until he pulled out several packages of tea-blends, which he arrayed before the man. After a moment's consideration, placed a spoonful of one into a pot. "Here, try this while you are here. And these are to take with you. They will help you find peace within yourself."

"Indeed, I can arrange for regular shipments to be delivered," Tiland responded smoothly, gliding from one conversation to the next. "Simply leave your ship registration, preferred forms of contact and payment, and it will be made sure to happen."

"Yes, thank you," Tiland continued, turning towards the older woman. "I have been studying herbs, their medicinal properties, and tea for my entire lifetime." His gaze swept across the small room, while a faint smile flickered across his mouth. "This is my life's work."

He nodded again, still finishing up the final batch of tea as the young woman spoke. "Indeed! I am glad that is the case. Do, enjoy it. Contemplate upon its nature and that of the world around you."

Kirill Bratan

As the man behind the counter spoke to hime while doing other business, Kirill did not mind that all. Normally he would be outraged by having someone not give him the common decency to look him in the eye and he killed people for less, but this man was different. He listened to him; " Hmm," he said at last, "Indeed. There was an invitation through the Force for those whose paths are not clear to find their way here. The fact that so many of you were in the area-," Tiland paused to indicate he was referring to them all. "That is the will of the Force itself. And yes," even as Tiland spoke, he was rummaging through the stocks behind the counter until he pulled out several packages of tea-blends, which he arrayed before the man. After a moment's consideration, placed a spoonful of one into a pot. "Here, try this while you are here. And these are to take with you. They will help you find peace within yourself."

Kirill looked at the tightly wrapped packages held closed by what looked like simple twine and the pot to which the old man placed a somewhat fowl smelling herb into it. It made his nose wrinkle but he knew that what was good for you like medicine, seldom tasted good and if it worked then who cares. Taking the packages and stacking them one atop another he turned around and looked for a place to sit. Normally he would just go off in a dark corner somewhere and his goons would be at other tables around the place but he was feeling pretty good and relaxed and felt that there really and truly could be no danger here whatsoever. He found a table with the dark haired young looking lady sat [member="Elise Ike"] placed his packages on the table there giving her a once over look and said, "I'll be back." and going back up to the bar where the old man was.

"So. I just let it stoop for five minutes or so? And if the tea does what you say it will, then I too would also like a steady supply. For both our protection I will use a middle man and it more than likely will not be the same person every time but you will still get paid and paid well. I take care of the people that take care of me and if you need anything after our business transaction goes through then give this holo number a jingle." He reached inside his suit jacket pocket and retrieved a business card that read; "Kirill Bratan. Dealer in logistics and corporate and personal merchandise. 99-555-734-9984"

"And how much do I owe you for the packages of tea and this pot old ma..." He stopped in mid sentence and smiled. "Forgive me sir. I feel that I should call you by your name and not old man. It feels disrespectful to me some how. My name is Kirill. Kirill Bratan." and in a voice loud enough for the people eavesdropping to hear without taking his eyes off of the old man, "And I mean no one any harm." In a softer voice, "And you are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom