Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea Party #574

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"],

Abregado-Rae,
In front of constructed Apparatus Sepulchrum,

HK stood in silence as he beheld the megalithic structure being constructed by his orders, and from his own pocket, a stone underground residence for purposes of his plans to come. He just stood there and watched, from a nearby field camp established to coordinate the workers, silent and patient.

Finally footsteps approached him from behind,

"First Baron,"

The soldier messanger addressed him,

"They have arrived."

He said cryptically, HK took off the glasses on his metal head, his other hand resting on a cane, yeah there was a cane and glasses involved now,

"Brew the tea."

The droid retorted, taking off of glasses adding that nice dramatic effect

The soldier nodded in response, about to turn back to leave before a thought stopped him,

"Sir.."

He begun,

"Why do you need glasses.. And a cane?"

The droid turned back to look at him.

"I have the Stylish Drama Queen app, it came in my last os update."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
[member="HK-36"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

It was rare that Tegaea these days left the confines of Kaeshana in order to conduct business. So often it was easier to administer matters from home via holocom.
However, this matter required more personal attention, and so both Firemane's leaders had come to Abregado-Rae for a meeting. The cause of the meeting was unknown, but HK had made it sound important.

Being shown into the Baron's room she caught the smell of tea, and then beheld the fabulous sight of HK. She raised an eyebrow.
"HK, you look even more magnificent than normal."
All he would have needed would have been a purple hat with a feather in it and the image would have been complete.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="HK-36"]

Contrary to popular belief, Siobhan did not spend her entire time with Firemane Industries either lazing around on a couch eating grapes while being pampered by pliant Eldorai servant girls. Or wading through rivers of blood while she slaughtered Reavers and other monstrosities. No, sometimes she did do actual work, much as she hated doing her own paperwork.

And so it came to pass that she had accompanied her wife to a trip to Abregado-Rae, a planet over which HK had held dominion for [insert number of years] now. His social experiment there could probably be considered the complete antithesis of the plans for an utopia a certain duo of death machines was pursuing. However, we are not here for a sociopolitical discourse on whether organics and machines can live in peace as equals!

HK looked well...absolutely fabulous. Siobhan could barely restrain the urge to burst into laughter. "Ah, if only the Eldorai could see their 'Metal Demon' now," she snarked.

HK-36

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"],

Tegaea Alcori said:
The cause of the meeting was unknown, but HK had made it sound important.
"I assume you two know why I summoned you here, and do not worry, it is a bit casual matter."

The droid greeted them, contradicting what was going on,

"My time in this world slowly comes to an end, I have plans for what will come to pass regarding my presence here, but after I will retire to either wander once more or hide away and cut myself out from this Galaxy, I will need somebody to properly look after my company."

The machine would fold his arms behind his back, the site of the stone Apparatus Sepulchrum visible somewhere in the distance out of the viewport mounted in the room they were in.

"I propose we merge our companies, I know you two can ensure safety of our business as well as handle your own in combat, you have more economic properties as well, Force knows I never cared about that poodoo, I just wanted to make fascinating weapons and gadget systems I could use on battlefield. Anyway, we merge, ARGH becomes your subsidiary, we exchange technology and protection but at the same time ARGH keeps its sovereignty in management of our affairs, and if anything goes horribly wrong I will be forced to return and smite."

Printer sounds would emanate from the droid as from his behind he tore off a sheet of filmsy paper, printed on it were the terms of the contract.

"How does it sound?"

He would tilt his head slightly,

"And I was always this magnificent, even if the Eldorai thought otherwise."

The door would open as a soldier would come in holding a wide-brim violet Gados hat with a purple feather,

"Sir, your management headwear!"

"Ah, just in time."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO

"Nice hat...that'll show those Eldorai..." she commented.

Tegaea listened, but her concentration was broken when HK appeared to produce a piece of paper out of his ass. Though of course HK was a droid, she still gingerly took the paper, as though expecting it to...smell? Silly.

However, the implications of his words now sunk in once she could focus. "You're going to let us have ARGH?" she asked, as if unable to believe it.
"Well...thank you. HK, thank you for your trust. I promise you we'll take good care of things."

She looked to Siobhan. There was no reason not to take up this offer, but she wanted to make sure Siobhan had no concerns first.

Well, that's....unexpected, Siobhan thought to herself when she finally heard about what HK intended to do. There was no reason not to take the offer and on a mercantile level she was happy. Firemane worked well together with ARGH and could look after their interests.

However, at the same time she realy did not like the idea of HK vanishing from the known galaxy again! Of course, she had known for a while that he was disillusioned, with the Protectorate - she really could not blame him on that front, though her idea of resolving it differed a bit - among other things but still. Siobhan was not the sort who was good at letting people go.

"You're going off wandering again?" she tried to keep her tone neutral. He better answer his holomails unlike last time and update his Spacebook page! Or she'd send [member="Coryth Elaris"] to yell at him. "I mean, we'll gladly take good care of ARGH and make sure your interests are looked after. What percentage would you like to retain control over?" From a business perspective it was a good deal.

HK-36

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"],

"Well not exactly,"

The droid answered to Teg's question whether he is just giving the ARGH to them,

"You see I trust you because of our Fellowship of the Ring.. of our immediate friends, and there is already an established alliance between our Two Towers of factions, but you will be merely a steward to look after my business holdings until the Return of the King if I would have to take control once more in case of emergency. Otherwise there would be,"

And at that HK turned around to look out for the window, pausing for dramatic effect,

"Coryth: The Desolation of Smith,"

Yeah, he just called the Short Stack of Fire a Hobbit and combined "Smaug" and "Sith"

"That said, we will split the holdings three ways, 30 percent will be given to you, 35 to the people of Abregado-Rae, divided among its citizens, and I will retain 35 percent, meaning if your 30 percent will fall into wrong hands, I can always step in and veto a decision, or the people of Abregado-Rae can veto it if they decide among themselves. We will also put in a clause in the contract that the contract can be voided, returning full ownership to me, in case of emergency, whether that will be permanent or temporary that will depend on the situation. That should be enough to allow you access to the resources and research department, but also provide secure mind to me and Abregado itself."

He would turn back looking to Siobhan,

"I do not know yet, perhaps I will wander once more in a disguise, perhaps I will stay right here and hide away, or return to Mechanus, there were plans for relocation we had, relocation very far, outside of this Galaxy."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO

Tegaea looked vaguely bemused as the flood of meta-references went over her head. The droid, and sometimes Siobhan, lived in their own world, referencing things Tegaea had no clue of.
At the mention of Coryth she frowned. “Smith?”

Fortunately, the discussion moved on to practical things. The whole setup seemed overly complex. Tegaea wondered why HK didn’t keep a 51% stake if he was so concerned, and then just appointed them as interim directors. However, she wasn’t going to argue.

“That is all acceptable, I feel,” she added.

For her part Siobhan slipped a note under the table over to her titian-maned wife. It had the following words written in her usual messy-handwriting on it: You should use Harbinger quotes in board meetings!

Anyhow, on to practical things. Siobhan did not think highly of the idea of 'the people' having any say in things. Having to potentially deal with an elected government after HK gave back 'power to the people' was not a thought she liked much. As for the setup, it seemed terribly complex to her mind, but it seemed Tegaea was alright with it so she would not argue.

"Ok, sounds fine to me as well. We'll take good care of your business."

HK-36

Well leave it to a droid to come up with an overly complicated plan on the spot, what may make sense to him can be confusing to others, especially since HK is a big fan of the Inception, that bwooom noise he uses as his alarm clock. But then again, he never uses an alarm clock. Because in a way he is his own alarm clock. Anyway, to him it seemed like a reasonable distribution of power to not make exploiting or infiltrating it too easy while in reality keeping most power on HK's side, everybody wins!

"Great, my signature is already on it."

The droid answered, motioning to a bar code above a dotted line on the bottom of the contract, he would put the filmsy sheet on the table they were sitting by, moving it over towards Tegs and Sio with a smooth push of his fingers,

"If you would scan it, you get a free 30 standard day-cycle trial to a new game we are developing called 'Smītan', you get to take control of one of the numerous deities, like the Force, Machine God, Chaos Gods, C3P0 Levitating In A Chair, Siobhan, or me, because I am still considered a minor diety of hunt by the Ewoks- and just battle each other for fun."

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO

Tegaea looked at the droid. Was this one of those strange meta-references she didn't get? Either way, it didn't sound very interesting to her.
"I'll pass, but maybe Sio is interested in the trial. And it seems everything else is signed and sealed. A pleasure doing business, HK. Is there anything else?"

[member="HK-36"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan found herself wondering how a video game could accurately represent you playing the Force. After all, it was an energy field that bound all life together and could hardly be described as a singular entity. By definition in any contest with 'deities' the Force would win. In all likelihood it had been terribly nerfed because otherwise people would complain about the game being unfair and unbalanced.

"Not sure how you can play 'the Force' without really nerfing it, but I'll check it out. You should do an addon with Eldorai Goddesses," she said, likewise signing the contract after Tegaea had presumably done. "Pleasure doing business with you. Wish you well wherever you go."

HK-36

"That should be all for now."

The droid nodded to Tegs at her question before looking to Sio,

"Actually right now the most powerful character is C3P0 in a Levitating Chair, he just plows right through the Force, defies the Physics, and then beats the khark out of you and me with his almighty Chair. I honestly have no idea what I was calculating when I green-lit that, as to your Eldorai Goddesses, they will not be an addon, but they will be a-"

There was a dramatic pause then,

"A DLC."

And a clash of thunder would be heard as the light flickered slightly for some reason, apparently synchronizing with HK becoming the Space EA Games.

"I wish you two well as well,"

He continued,

"But I will let you know before I will depart, for whatever long journey or unknown hole of the universe I will crawl into. But for now-"

HK took out a small ball from one of the pouches on his belt,

"May the Force be with you."

And the droid would throw the smoke ball into the floor before him, causing a cloud of black smoke to erupt for few seconds. The smoke would quickly settle down, and when it did the droid would seemingly be gone, making his exit without a trace.

Except the rather obvious shape behind one of the ugly mis-colored drapes hanging behind his desk, and a pair of metal armored boots visibly poking out from beneath the material of the drapes. Curiously the same color as the rest of the droid's color-scheme on his armor.

HK_behind_curtains.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom