Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TEA-5 Heavy Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
vYhSVEM.jpg

Image Source: Google
Intent: Personal Armament for Oni-Karat
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/53995-good-but-not-thick-enough-tea-5-dev-thread-pm-if-interested-in-joining/
Manufacturer: Oni-Karat Sevas
Model: Tough Environmental Armor
Affiliation: Oni-Karat Sevas
Modularity: Minor (Can be painted.)
Production: Unique

[SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Duranium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Durasteel[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Classification:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]TEA-5: Hostile environment survival, combat, Anti-Weapon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weight: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]TEA-5: 20kg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Quality:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]TEA-5: 8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Special Features[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] TEA-5: Micro-hydraulics and mechanical servos for augmented strength and movement. Air tight. Optics Suite(Night Vision, Thermal, targeting, scanning.). Thick plating to negate damage, and shock absorbers to lessen impacts. Air filter for external oxygen. Energy net for powering equipment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] After trying out countless armor on loan or as a part of an assignment, Oni was never able to really find armor that suited him. The mark of others on what he entrusted his safety to always bugged him. However, he did pick out certain things within the armors that he liked over his years of mercenary work. So little by little, he built his own suit of armor, and then another. His third try was his successful attempt in making a set of relatively heavy armor with a mashup of other sets. Though, when it came down to the wire, even that set didn't hold up. In an epiphany, Oni realized his mistake in trying to make one set of armor that covered all of his needs, when instead he needed two sets. Thus, after selling off what he no longer needed, he made the TEA-4, and TEA-5.

The TEA-5 is Oni's favored set, and what he wears most of the time. This set was built for combat, and it shows it off with the thicker plating, the larger lens areas on the helm, and the energy net for powering equipment. This armor is created from plates of Durasteel mixed with Duranium to create a lightsaber and blaster resistant armor capable of practically ignoring small arms fire. This armor can handle taking grenades, indirect cannon fire, and is fire resistant, but like every personal armor, it can't take sustained heavy fire. The shock absorbers add a further level of use as it keeps the wearer from just being stunned or knocked out by the force of the projectiles hitting it. The wearer is slower than usual of course, but Oni feels he makes up for it by being a veritable tank.

Strengths:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt] TEA-5:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Air Filters.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Heavy Plating for small arms fire.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Heat resistance enough to not be instantly wrecked by a light-saber.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Augmented Strength.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Impact dampening.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Optics Suite[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Energy net for powering equipment and absorbing electrical shock[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt] TEA-5:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Punctures compromise sealing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Energy net makes it a target for heat seeking objects.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Weight makes it slower.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]§ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Lack of internal air supply.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]

Silara Kuhn said:
As with all power armor, to retain abilities that augment the wearer I will need to see a short 10 post development thread to keep this effect. The weight is also crazy high, for heavy power armor I'd suggest 20 kg.
I figured this would happen. I just need to know where to do the development thread, secondly, on research I see some people need two writers in the thread. Will this be the case with me? I'm more than willing to contribute the effort.

[member="Oni-Karat Sevas"]
You can do it alone or with other writers/characters, it can be either an open thread in the Public Roleplaying board with the Development Thread Prefix or it can be placed in the Private section marked as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom