Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TC-777

Status
Not open for further replies.
female
tQM7Z.jpg

male
ME2_Shepard_N7_MASTEREdit1.jpg

Image Source: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/451556300112014788/
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=146406

Intent: to create a lightsaber / scannerproof light armor
Development Thread: Don't be a Phrik
Manufacturer: meran Mechanics

Model: T-C 777
Affiliation: na
Modularity: no all changes are cosmetic.
Production: Semi unique limited to 13
Material: Phrik weve and plates, Alusteel Nutorium coating, Hardweave polyfibe and armorweve body suit.
Classification: Multipurpose.
Weight: 10kg
Quality: 8
8 vs Slashing
8 vs Lightsabers
8 vs Piercing
8 vs Blasterfire
8 vs Blunt Force
8 vs Slug Throwers

Special Features:

Strengths: great lightsaber and blaster resistance while still being maneuverable
Weaknesses: Droid brain can be sliced and ordered to deliver a massive electrical charge to the user.
joints are only slightly saber resistant and can be severed by power moves.
as such there are weak points on the sides elbow and knee pits.
the armor also only provides medium protection to slugs.

Description: Created to rival mandalorian armor and still offer protection Kami Meran took this as a challenge and managed to secure a limited amount of restricted material. this limited the numbers to only 10.
each suit provides shielding and combat HUD software and a combat programmed droid brain to act as a semi 1st aid and companion.
this also provides as a liability due to being Sliceable.
Primary Source:[SIZE=12.2222px] na[/SIZE]
Changed quality from
8 vs Slashing
8 vs Lightsabers
7 vs Piercing
8 vs Blasterfire
4 vs Blunt Force
4 vs Slug Throwers
to
8 vs Slashing
8 vs Lightsabers
8 vs Piercing
8 vs Blasterfire
8 vs Blunt Force
8 vs Slug Throwers
Because the materials warranted a higher rating and the submitter was not aware of this when initially making the submission.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Kami Meran said:
Nutorium and the dev thread is for phrik.Gir Quee
Cool, I just wanted to make see where the materials were coming from.

Kami Meran said:
beskar weave
Beskar would normally need a development thread of its own. However, we don't typically like to see factory submissions that combine two lightsaber resistant materials. What I would recommend in this case, however, is to use a Phrik weave for these joints. Not only is it lightsaber resistant, but it's also much lighter than beskar would be as well, which is something handy if you're going to moving around a lot (I'm assuming that most people will move their joints a lot.

[member="Kami Meran"], just went over it a second time, and I was about to put the pending approval stamp when I remembered one of the new patch updates (which you can find here):

• [SIZE=13.3333px]The Armor Rating 9 & 10 will require the submission to be unique. These armor ratings are considered very strong and are [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]usually[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.[/SIZE]

The overall armor rating of 8 is good then, but I think the quality rating of "9" for the slashing and lightsaber runs counter to this. If you'll change the quality rating to "8", we should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom