Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taxi!

Keter

The Renegade
Keter was laughing. He was laughing like he hadn't laughed in years. His girl had run off with a boy and a baby. And he had never even suspected. Oh, he just had to know how this all happened. And the best source of information was the source. ANd it had been a while since he had seen his princess. Barnabus had vnaished somewhere, probably hiding from his wrath. Stupid man. It wasn['t his fault. Keter wasn't that much a sith as to punish people who had nothing to do with the situation.

Still, he had a slight problem. He had no way of getting to Felicity. He could track her easily enough, but he couldn;t travel through space ever since his precious princess lost his ship. Somehwere. She was fuzzy on the details. Sighing, the blond marched to the tower, seeking out the powerful consol hooked up to the holonet. He had a long distance call to make. His eyes whirred as he searched the memory banks, finding the number he needed to contact.

[member="Zandra Tal'verda"]

"Cap'n?"

Zandra looked up from where she was slouching in the cockpit, reading a trashy celebrity gossip column from the holonet and enjoying the last puffs of her cigara.

"Ya know this is my 'me' time, right?" she grumbled to her pilot, "I don' get much of it. Can it wait?"

The Zabrak managed to look properly apologetic. Zandra sighed, snuffed out her cigara on the armrest and set her datapad down.

"A'right. It's important then?"
"Cap', ya got a call-"
"Okay, then take it?"
"Well, it's for you. Like, You, you."

Zandra stood up at once. Only a small handful knew how to reach her personal number. There were her kids, select members of clan Tal'verda, a few friends and...

"I'll take it in my quarters."
She disappeared into the hall and once the door slid shut behind her, she burst into a sprint to her private quarters, down a ladder, through the narrow living quarters for Zax's sparse crew until she reached the very end. She didn't stop to breathe until the door slid shut behind her. This was him. It had to be him. Her Calico. He'd been missing for years, but he must have found one of the thousands of messages she'd been leaving for him all over the Galaxy. He must have. He must be calling for her now. She'd been holding this hope for so long. If it wasn't him this time-

With shaking hands, she ran her fingers along the collar of the jacket he'd given her. Sometimes, even after all these years, she thought it still smelled like him. Like whiskey and those cigars he used to smoke. When she closed her eyes, she still saw him standing in the snow up against the cabin with that cheap cigar burning between his smirking lips. And her heart would dance. And her soul would sing along to their endless lovesong.

And then she would open her eyes. And he was still gone.

She knelt on her bed, messy, covered with a nest of clothes that she just didn't feel like putting away. The bed was a good half of the room itself, from wall to wall. The communicator screen was attached right to the wall at the foot of her bed, and as such she had to sit on her bed when she wanted to talk to anyone. If Cal was on the other end of this call, he would see her, just as he always had when they were away from each other, messy hair, messy room, smeared lipstick, black leather, and new tattoos. He'd grin and say she was perfect. He'd ask about her new body art. He'd ask about the kids. He'd ask about her ship. He'd ask what she was smoking these days.
And maybe he'd say where he'd been. Say he missed her. Say he was coming home.

Or it wouldn't be her Calico at all, and she'd be forced to once again wonder if her husband was a rotting corpse somewhere.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and answered the call.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter had schooled his features into perfect neutrality before making the call. No point in maing this harder than it had to be. The truth was, Keter Mason had little in the way of friends or aquaintances. He kept to himself mostly, flying under the radar as much as possible. Sometimes he wondered if his own wife even remembered him anymore. SHe was always busy protecting Naboo. She barely saw her children anymore. He bit back a sigh. Elliot would look after Celeste until he returned, giving the young girl an example of the kind of trouble she could wind up in the future.

Running away from home was a time honored tradition, and in truth, Keter was impressed with his daughter's initiative. However, trying to raise a child on her own was stupid. How long must she have been with Owain for this to happen? After she left home certainly - he would ahve sensed the life growing inside her otherwise. On Naboo? Feena WAS distracted often these days and might not have caught it...

The call coneccted at last. His best hope for getting a lift off this rock. Zandra. They had crossed paths many moons ago, when he had won a card game against her and begun her life of more serious work than merely drinking and gambling. Whether she had slipped back into that habit though...

The image resolved itself, and he bowed his head respectfully. Seemed like he had caught her at a bad time. Tough. This was an emergency. "Miss Zandra. I have a job for you."

Quick, simple, to the point. Best not waste either of their times.

A face came up on the screen and in a second, a sense of deep disappointment washed through her. She should have really known better than to get her hopes up after all these years. It wasn't Cal. It wasn't her husband. It was just-
She grinned and ran a hand through her messy white hair.

"Why, if it isn't mister Mason himself! Hello to you too."

Without taking her eyes off the screen, she started to fumble around her bed for her pack of cigaras and a lighter.

"A job eh? Been a while since this lot got some real work. What's the job and how much?"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
He caught the flash of annoyance and disappointment on her face. Well, no one was really happy to see him these days. Such was his life. He either didn't exist or was trouble personified. Ah well. At least she was all business. It was good to see her all grown up from the reckless young woman she had been.

"One passenger. Outer Rim to the Core. What's your price?" he outlined the details succintly, whilst throwing the ball to her to begin negotiations over price. He knew his abrupt manner would cost him some leverage - she would know he wanted this sorted quickly, and that his options were limited. She'd drive the price up as a result. Still, he was willing to negotiate within reason. He really had no other options.

Oooo.... He was quite quick to get on with it. Her fingers found the pack of cigaras and the lighter at last and she set them in her lap. What was so important that he just had to get there as soon as possible for any price she could name? That mystery was enough to get her mind off of Calico for a while.

"Takin' a trip? I dunno, Keter, yer askin' a lot right now. See, that is a bit outta the way...."

She held the pack to her lips and grabbed a cigara with her teeth.

"Still, I can do a favor for a friend," she lit up the cigara and took a deep puff, "How 'bout this? You pay me for fuel. Just fuel. And later on, when I got a big job lined up, I call on you for a favor. Sound good?"

She had just the job in mind too, and having a space wizard on board would make the job far easier.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Hmm. She was being reasonable. He didn't like that. Owing favors was a mighty responsibility. She had taken his lesson about value to heart it seemed. Money is fine, but favors are far better. She could weild a lot of power through him. Sadly, it was a price he was willing to pay. "Fine," he replied, taking the offered deal. He had no time to waste after all. He had a wayward daughter to find. "When can I expect you?"

...Woah. Zandra raised an eyebrow. He accepted. Huh. She hadn't expected that. Still, she wasn't gunna argue with Lady Luck tonight. Being a favorite of the good lady had it's perks. She took a long drag of her cigara and typed something into her wrist comm. The message and coordinates would be sent right to her pilot.

"On my way now as we speak," she said with a shrug, "Expect me in about... ten hours give or take."

She'd question him later when he was on board, find out what was really going on. Trashy celebrity gossip got boring. She was starting to want to hear about real drama. Sweet Stars above, it got so boring out here in the black.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"I'll be waiting," he replied with a curt nod before the connection terminated. He sat in silence for a while before sweeping out the room, heading for the armory. He had to be ready this time. What kind of father would he be if he didn't try to be intimidating after all? Time to go full sith. The blond idly wondered what his duaghter would make of him when she saw him again.

TEN HOURS LATER

Fingers drumming on his bracer, Keter stood with his arms folded across his chest, staring out at the hangar. His Fury had rested there once, before Felicity had taken it and lost it somewhere in the galaxy. The machine had been a relic, modified over years for his own use, a home unlike any other. He sighed. Felicity had done well, and taken it for the right reasons. A third could be built. In time. Once he got enough money. He doubted Feena would appreciate him buying one using the credits in their shared account though.

Zandra had sent her pilot back to his quarters for the time being. Poor guy had been flying for almost 26 hours straight. He couldn't go on like that forever living on stimcaf and sugar to keep him awake. Besides, Zandra had really missed the hum of ZTB and the feel of her navsystems under her fingers. It was nice to have a full time pilot, but it was even nicer to fly your own ship.

She took ZTB down while the storms had settled a bit, guiding it carefully into the hangar as she was instructed. What had happened to Keters own ship? It wasn't like him to rely on another to give him a lift. Probably crashed it somewhere. That man liked to be dramatic. When Zax hit ground, Zandra stood up and made her way down the ramp.

What she saw was... not exactly what she'd expected. Keter looked like he was about to go out and kill someone. Maybe he was. Wouldn't surprise her in the least. Zandra pulled the cig from her lips and blew a steady stream of smoke in his direction.

"What happened to you? Wife leave ya and now ya out to kill her new man?"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Breathing raspily through the respirator, Keter's red eyes swept Zandra up and down. Yep, more mature. She wasn't actually showing off that much skin this time. He wondered if she was still as much as a gambler as he remembered. Probably not. Hopefully. Rolling his shoulders as he uncrossed his arms, Keter shook his head, letting his hands brush past his holstered sabers. "If I killed Naboo, she'd never forgive me," he replied dryly, stepping past the woman and moving onto her ship. He had wasted enough time time waiting. "No. I'm off to discharge my fatherly duties," he explained. The woman deserved some explanation after all. It was her ship and all.

Zandra didn't quite get the Naboo remark, having never met the mans wife herself. Still, she supposed his marriage was none of her business. With the state of her own marriage? Like she had any right to judge anyone anyways. She shrugged and led him up into the rusted old ship. His explanation set off a lightbulb in her brain.

"Ah! little Celeste found herself a boyfriend, did she? Well, it's no wonder," she laughed, "If I had a face like that, I'd have more boyfriends than I can count!"

Come to think of it, her own daughter was growing up too, and growing into a real exotic beauty. Took after her Mother, unfortunately. White hair, snowy skin, made her really stand out in the village. She wondered when she'd have to start beating the boys off herself... Or girls, actually for that matter.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
He winced at that. "Felicity. Celeste is too young," he replied, his boots clanging on the rusted surfaces of the ship. It didn't look like much, but then the best ships rarely did. This one felt...lived in. Homely. Much how his Fury had. "You seem to be doing well for yourself," the man offered. It wouldn't be a short trip, and he did not wish to spend it in silence. Besides, Zandra was one of the few people he was on...decent terms with. It paid off to stay on her good side. Letting her flaunt her progress would surely improve her disposition towards him.

Felicity? Zandra had only seen the girl briefly once a few years ago. She hadn't looked like much. Pretty, sure, in a very modest way. She remembered freckles, lots and lots of freckles. But who knew? Girls grew up and changed. Maybe little Felicity had turned into a beauty after all. Zandra shrugged as she led him to the cockpit.

"Ah, yeah. Same ship, but I got a crew now. Maybe you heard of us on the news reports. Remember that cruise ship over by Corellia few months back? We hit that one up, made off with a real fortune."

She took a deep drag of her cigara, thinking back. That was a great time. That Protectorate soldier that she'd beaten was absolutely the highlight of the whole thing. He was tough, fought like a real man of honor. Just for that, she'd left him alive and told him to find her. He never did. In a way, she was still waiting for him too.

"Got another ship out there too workin' with me. I've kinda... expanded my business, you could say."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
He paused, letting his red eyes focus on her for a moment. "Look at you, being all responsible. I never thought the day would come," he idly commented before letting his gaze sweep the cockpit. Well used, well maintained, even though it looked like it was in shambles. Good. Intruders wouldn't know where to start if trying to steal the ship. Keter approved. "So you're a pirate now? As good a job as any I suppose, and you seem to enjoy it," the blond added with a shrug. As long as you were happy doing what you were doing, did anything else really matter?

Zax The Beautiful was certainly not a ship that lived up to it's name, at least not on the outside. Inside though, all the workings were top of the line now, put together with love and careful planning. It was the oldest thing she owned and the most valuable. She called it her 'baby'.

"Pirate, smuggler, mercenary, part time waitress. I got many talents," She sat in the pilots seat and buckled in, motioning for her passenger to sit as well. "Someone's gatta support the family."

She stuck her cigara between her lips again. The amount she was smoking now was unhealthy and she knew it. She went through nearly three packs on a bad day. The discarded filters lay scattered all over the floor of her ship and in a neat little pile on her dash. Stress smoking was what she was sure would kill her, if someone else didn't do it for her. Trying to keep clan Tal'verda in good shape financially on her own was hard, even with a successful pirating 'business'. Nearly everything she made went right to the village. If Cal was around still, she could do it. He'd be out there with her, pulling his own weight, taking jobs, bringing in credits. She could go back home once in a while and see Rawnie and Corrin...

"Buckle up." The ship whirred to life again and she carefully guided it out of the hangar. "Don' want ya dyin' when we break atmo."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Following captain's orders, he sat down in a free chair, arms folded across his chest as he glared out the window. "Oh I remember that," he replied, "So got a name for your little business?" the blond asked, leaning back in the chair as he settled in for a long flight. Seemed like she wasn't going to even offer him a cabin. How rude. A smile graced his lips at the thought. "Not a gentle flier are you?"

"We just call ourselves ZTB."

The captain shrugged as the ship climbed higher and higher in the sky. She'd show him around the ship later. For now, it was best he stay put. Her baby could be a little wild during take off. The Echani smirked and put her cigara out on the dashboard. Best not to have anything burning until after they got out of the planets gravitational field.

"Zax likes to play rough," she explained, "Gatta fight 'er sometimes."

The ship shook as the sky above grew darker and darker the further from the planets surface they traveled. Not long now, then she could light up another.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"ZTB? Evocative," he snarked at the woman, folding his arms across his chest as they rose through the air. The ride was as bumpy as promised, though to someone used to crashing as Keter it was hardly noticeable. "So you still living here or have you actually settled somewhere?" he asked to make conversation. He...was out of practice.

And just like that, they were free from the pull of gravity. The ships flight was now smooth as silk. She pulled another cigara out and lit it up.

"Mandalore," she answered, breathing out smoke with the word, "settled there with cal. Had kids. Happy family 'n all that..."

She stared out at the blackness puffing one that cig, leaving lipstick stains on the filter. He was out there. Somewhere. Alive or dead.

"At least... it was."

[member="Keter"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom