Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Taryc's Beskar Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
777778gh8jghj5h55g5hjhgjhgjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpp.jpg
hellgate_london_1920x1200.jpg
Image Source: Hellgate London
Intent: To make Beskar Armor for Taryc Ap'Irae
Development Thread: A Quick Trip to Echoy'la
Manufacturer: Lord Daemos, Taryc Ap'Irae
Model: Taryc Beskar Armor Mk I
Affiliation: Taryc Ap'Irae
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Beskar Plates, Beskar Armorweave, Glasteel-Beskar Alloy, Electronic Components
Classification: Anti-lightsaber, blaster resistant
Weight: 10 kg
Quality:
Beskar Plates
-Lightsaber: 7
-Blaster: 6
-Slug: 5
-Melee (Non-Lightsaber): 7
Beskar Armorweave
-Lightsaber: 5
-Blaster: 4
-Slug: 3
-Melee (Non-Lightsaber): 4

Special Features: Resistant to Lightsabers (more so the plates than the armorweave), Blasters (more so the plates than the armorweave), Slugs (Slugs wouldn't pierce the beskar, but can damage the armorweave, also there is nothing to stop the imparting of force on the armor, so every shot will be felt)
Description: Taryc's beskar armor is made to go over her standard armorweave bodysuit. It is fashioned into a helmet that provides a military grade HUD with IFF, range finding and target designation. The HUD can also link with some weapons, for better targeting purposes. The beskar is also fashioned into a chest/back piece, shoulder and upper arm pieces, lower arm pieces/gauntlets, thigh and shin protection and boot spats. It does not offer complete body protection, as several areas have nothing but armorweave showing. This is to allow for better freedom of movement than all encompassing beskar'gams provide.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Reference Material
Canon: 1, 2,

SW:Chaos: 1, 2, 3, 4

Alright. First off, I love the images you went with, the source material behind those images, and that you're going with a 'light and agile' suit of armor.

So applauds all around.

The weight of the armor and the quality ratings are acceptable, as is the amount of work put into the development thread. But I have a few points I'd like to see addressed in the submission.

First off, could you please clarify if the armorweave is made of Durasteel or Beskar? (Either is acceptable)
Could you please clarify what material your visor is made of? (Typically, this would be glasteel or a glasteel/beskar alloy. Sometimes it's crystals or something though.)

There's going to be a big difference in what the armorweave is capable of stopping and what the armored plates are capable of stopping. If you could, I'd love it if you could create two sets of "quality ratings" for your armor. One for the plating and one for the armorweave.

And lastly... if you wish to include any sort of wrist weapons or rocket boots or anything like that into this submission, you can feel free to do that at this time. Though it is not required. Especially if that's not something you had intended for this armor.

[member="war hydra"]

I personally loved Hellgate: London, I still re-read the novels every few years. I think someone should remake it, because it was an awesome concept.

So, thank you. :)

I have made the requested edits, if you need the Armorweave to be weaker, let me know.

I did not wish to add wrist armaments or boot jets. Maybe in another iteration of the armor, but for now I think this is what she'd use.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Taryc Ap'Irae said:
Resistant to Lightsabers (likely can take 5-7 hits on the same spot of the beskar, maybe will survive 1 hit on the armorweave.), Blasters (Beskar can take roughly seven shots to an area of the armor, armorweave can take 3 hits), Slugs (Slugs wouldn't pierce the beskar, but can damage the armorweave, also there is nothing to stop the imparting of force on the armor, so every shot will be felt)
You can remove the numbers from this. Descriptive words work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom