Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tarantula Duster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod
cedb4cd5917c287668202907e360b28e.jpg

Image Source: Bungie's Destiny (found here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/289074869807868925/)
Intent: Multi-purpose personal armor that takes advantage of Lord Tarantula's cybernetics, and is compatible with them.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Lord Tarantula (Kyale N'gen)
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Lord Tarantula
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Plasteel, Reinforced Armor Weave, Miniaturized Computer Components
Classification: Environmental/Anti-Blaster/Anti-Ballistic
Weight: 15 kg
Quality: 6 (armorweave); 7
Special Features:
- Highly blaster resistant
- Plating is ablative
- Mostly armor weave for full mobility
- Seals with Tarantula's cybernetic arms to close completely against hostile environments and vacuum
- Air filters to supplement his own
- HUD that interfaces with the photoreceptors in all four arms and remote-links to Tarantula's combat implants to give him segmented vision if he needs it.
- Resistant to almost any melee weapon short of an actual lightsaber.

Description:

Tarantula's duster was made to both protect and enhance him further than his cybernetics do. The most important part of this is that the bases of his cybernetic arms form a seal with the back of the suit to make him completely safe in vacuum and most hostile environments. On top of this seal, the arms can be modified like any other cybernetic. The nervous system linkage is connected to the armor, however, and needs to be jury-rigged if he wears anything else. Also, because of the massive amount of nerve linkage the rest of the suit has, the nerve adapter for the arms may slightly damage other cybernetics in Tarantula's body if they are knocked offline.

The ablative plating is on a few 'weak spots', such as Tarantula's throat, knees, helmet, and above his heart and cybernetic lungs. It works by having a large number of interlocking plates that take a large bit of damage (a few medium-powered blaster shots, or maybe even a sniper shot), and then quite literally burn off to form a slight vapor that dissipates the Tibanna gas in a blaster shot slightly. Although the plating itself is helpful against ballistic and melee weapons as well, the most the vapor can do against people actively using those is just get into their lungs. The tested success rate of the anti-Tibanna vapor is about 75%. As the ablative plating burns off, it gets slightly weaker, with the bottom layer of armor not weighing much more than the armor weave around it.

When faced with a lightsaber, the only real solution Tarantula has is to try and make sure that each plate only takes one hit. After one solid hit with a lightsaber, the armor plating won't really be able to take a second hit without buckling under the plasma.

The next critical component of the suit is the helmet. Obviously, it's a important thing to have a respirator on an environmental suit, but it also has an HUD that takes the visual scans of the photoreceptors in all four of Tarantula's cybernetic arms. These visual scans are transferred to the combat cybernetics in his visual cortex and allows him to assume direct control of his arms while the helmet is on.

For hopefully obvious reasons... like safety and combat efficiency, the rest of the suit is relatively well-armored, and far heavier than it looks. It can stop most blaster bolts, and will almost definitely stop things like poison darts and most kinds of blades. Of course, an EMP bomb will muck up any interfacing that's happening, and as stated in his profile, if the pulse gets through his flesh he's at risk of being unable to breathe.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Lord Tarantula"]

I like it. I just need a few things before I can let you out of here.

Is there any variation between the armor value of the armorweave and the metal plates/ablative plates? If so, can you plese include it in the sub.
Can you please elaborate a bit on what the ablative plates are, where they are, and what they do?

20kg is really, really heavy. Full Beskar'gam is around 16kg. I've seen light armors come through here at 6-10kg.
Does this armor and weight include the giant, metal arms that are on your back Mr. Doc Oc?

If this armor also includes the arms, could you please elaborate on them in this submission.
If the armor does not include the arms, could you please provide a link to an appropriate submission for the arms.

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod
[member="War Hydra"]

Would this submission be stuck pending the one for the arms? I didn't write that up fully yet, as I'm trying to figure out how they would be connected to his brain...

Edited.

Tell ya what... Just throw some adapters on the back of this suit... maybe connect them to some sort of neural interface? Like a really advanced Pilot's suit...
That way, you can sub individual arms and upgrade or switch out the arms as you need to. Just make sure that when you use this in a roleplay, you list the suit and the specific arms you are using.
It also lets us move on with this submission.

Now... How does the ablative plating interact with a lightsaber?

Also... I want to say that Class 6 Armorweave and Class 8 Plasteel Plating seems like a bit much.
I'd like to see this dropped to Class 5 Armorweave and Class 7 Plating, or I'd like to see some more elaboration in the description about these plates being on only a few areas and quickly degrading in quality as the wearer sustains damage.

The vapor is fine for the most part, but it wouldn't interact with a lightsaber in that way.

How about you simplify it that each plate can withstand being thwacked by a lightsaber once, and only once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom