Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Tantibus

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTICE: Please just tell me (aka, don't yell at me, please) to add details if you feel any points are missed from this. I'll gladly edit in more details to anything you ask about.

Name: Tantibus​
Designation: Sentient in a sense with night vision.​
Homeworld: Coruscant.​
Language: Common.​
Average height of adults: Same as a human’s.​
Skin color: Pale. tan, or black.​
Hair color: Black and red.​
Breathes: Oxygen/ Carbon Dioxide.​
Strengths:​
- Night vision​
- Adaptions to cold temperatures and climates​
- Agility​
- Used to the dark and know how to survive in the pitch black of night.​
Weaknesses:​
- Unable to adapt to climates outside the regular human’s capabilities except for freezing temperatures​
- Naturally darker/ negative/ violent ways of thinking apart from human’s.​
- Twice as vunerable to heat radiation.​
- Unused to most forms of light. If immidiatly introduced to heat temperatures like Mustifar's, they could die within half a day. However, even though it would cost some deadly radiation, if exposed to the light of Corusant, they would be blinded for a couple days but can cope within about two months.​
- Barely any are Force Sensitive. Within fifty normal humans and ten becoming force sensitive; with Tantibus, within fifty of them only one or perhaps two would become force sensitive.)​
Distinctions: Night vision eyes with unnatural eye colors (purple. yellowish-orange, and glowing light green are most common) for a human.​
Average: From 70-100 years old.​
Races: Dark Humans.​
Diet: Exactly the same as a human’s.​
Communication: Like humans they tend to be social and will talker either verbally or over a holonet.​
Culture: A darker sub-species of the human race, Tantibus prefer to live in the darkness and shadows than light. Tantibus have very similar behaviors and cultures to a human living on Coruscant though and enjoy the uses of technology and love the idea of fighting. Tantibus commonly wander around like the average human explorer – barely do any stick together outside of inner families. Thus, the cultures they may adopt individually are very random. They barely have Force Sensitive people in their families and when they do they view it as a curse - not a blessing. Many Force Sensitive children end up dying before they can be found by Jedi due to abuse.​
Technology level: Current Star Wars technology levels. All caught up!​
General behavior: Like a human, they can come off as various things at first sight. Whether they’re just relaxing in a fancy restaurant, eating a hardy meal or blasting their guns away at some random enemy in the slums of whatever planets you’ll find them on; they can look like the sweetest people ever or the most evil bounty hunter in the galaxy. It simply depends on their backstory. So basically, no general behaviors outside that of a normal human being.​
History: A dark subspecies of the human race, Tantibus evolved in the lower-life slums of the Coruscant underworld. Not much is to be noted of their history except that the evolution of what they currently are went by surprisingly fast – only about four hundred years. Most of them stayed in the underworld, becoming used to the darkness and artifical lights both physicly and mentally. Other went out into the galaxies attempting to claim glory as bounty hunters or mercenaries - and for the most part they ended up dying. They are not a vast species, up to the present date they only range in a population of some two-hundred. Few Tantibus were ever born Force sensitive. Due to their darker natures, tantibus commonly hate the force for it's "unnatural" powers, treating it like wotch-craft rather than a heartfelt gift.​
Notable Player-Characters: Currently none.​
Intent: Seeing how there are other subspecies of human out there; it would be very interesting to see a naturally dark version of the Star Wars human. A darker version of the human race would be rather interesting to follow, seeing an already somewhat corrupt species that’s even darker. Adapt to the underworld, I would find this a fun race to explore in the world of Star Wars.​

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Hey there, sorry about the wait. Let's get this done shall we? :)

From what I can tell it's just slight variation on a Human, nothing truly out of line and has abilities and weaknesses canonically found in other near-human races. Nothing game-breaking here, however I'd like a few clarifications on some issues. Firstly, you say under distinctions that they have unnatural eye colors. Can I get a list of what eye colors they can have? Secondly, on the heat and light vulnerabilities, how bad are they exactly? Would a Tantibus be able to survive in Tatooine or Mustafar, and if so how difficult would it be? How would they deal with flamethrowers and pyrokinetics? Can they be blinded like the Umbarans? Thirdly, can you give me a comparison in Force Sensitivity rate to humans? If say, fifty people in a human population are Force Sensitive how many people in a Tantitibus population of the same size would be Force Sensitive?

Lastly, this line appears in your weaknesses

[background=#080808]- Naturally darker/ negative/ violent ways of thinking apart from human’s. [/background]
But isn't really elaborated on in culture, behavior, or history. Can you please add or edit some to make that fit in more?

Overall this is a fairly simple idea and I like it a lot. Good work. @[member="Elvira Congelo"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom