Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank!

Nova Tordenbryter

N
"Come on you sorry lots take off. All out of spice and I've places to be" Switching to Hutteese seamlessly she would offer one more item. "Buu-less uba huujah bedwan lightsooah." A small cylindrical metal object waved about in Nova's hand. A Jedi Lightsaber which of course no one was interested in buying. Far too rich for any in the crowds wallet. Nar Kreeta wasn't exactly a place with loose credits unless you were a Hutt, or an associate of one. The hangerson dispersed back into the busy streets. Nova pocketed the weapon and knelt down to roll up a cloth she'd arrayed a few other items on no one wanted or could afford to buy. Still with a nice profit off the spice she'd done well for today. Not that it was over. She did have some place to be. In good time.

Nova stashed her goods away in a bag and slung the bag itself over her shoulder. A quick scan around for any authorities gave way to a feeling of ease. This backwater may be a criminal haven but it didn't mean Silvers weren't trying to change that. Nova took off into the flow of pedestrian traffic off to go burn time. First stop was grabbing some caf which she drank outdoors listening to some street musicians. A good set but she didn't stick around to hear it all out once her drink was finished. Nova kept on wandering loosely where she needed to be. Along the way she met an alien begging in the street. Not one she recognized but the poor creature didn't even have legs to stand on. Probably lost them in one of the wars or could have been some accident, she didn't want to ask. Nova stayed with the alien chatting for a short time while no one else paid them even a glance. She slipped some credit chits out from today's earning and passed them into the hands of this poor soul discreetly. Didn't want some thug to just mug this cripple after she left. Which with but a goodbye she left to continue on. Nova felt something. Something itching at her mind as she strode away. She ignored the feeling and not too long after was crossing a bridge. Not too many people were walking across in the good twenty minutes she spent leaning on the bridge railing. Just idly watching the water and the lowering sun. She chose the spot for a reason to wait and not just for the scenery. That feeling was back. Nova couldn't shake it off. Checking her phone for the time she realized she'd spent too long here and needed to make the rendezvous. Leaving the bridge for the twilight of the cities shadows and artificial light.

Down busy streets for a while then slipping down an alleyway to check her phones map application to set her bearings right. Nova took more back ways than the main roads. She'd always had to cross them block by block. The dense urban cityscape was grid built and offered little alternative. Eventually she ended up taking one last turn. This alley was bigger than most, and set right near the water of a bay. The sun was nearing to set but she wasn't far now. Another minute and she'd be there. Another minute too long. Nova stopped in the middle of the alley. Her long shadow cast far enough back to nearly touch the building she turned at. The bag rolled off and hit the asphalt with a dull thud. "I know you've been following me. Come on out I don't bite. I want to get this over with I have somewhere to be." The sun right in her eye made it hard to make out where someone could be hiding. A cupped hand did little to improve her sight. The next move was theirs.

[member="Nova Tordenbryter"]

Junko wasn't one for exploring outside of capitals and some of the more exotic planets. Areas where the super rich of the galaxy might be looked down upon as too poor.... that said something in the long run as she stood there and shimmered in the silver kimono. The design simple but it shimmered with force energies as she allowed the power to flow throughout her body and outwards with the white current. She remained there but was visible as long blonde hair with streaks of black were near her. She moved forward, her curved saber on her hip with the hint of bone around it. THe tooth of it just curved enough while the hair was folded up to look like a thick curtain that was coming down. She stopped and looked up tilting her head before offering a smile. "Well certainly show some skill."

Nova Tordenbryter

N
It was hard to make her out with the setting sun at her back. Only as she moved closer did Nova see the unmistakable lightsaber. This was a Jedi. One who remarked to Nova she was skilled. In what she could only guess what it was implying, and worry. "Skill Miss Jedi? I'm afraid I don't understand your meaning. Now do you have some business with me? Cause I've got to go meet up with some friends soon and I don't like to be late." Nove placed her hand over her vibro swords pommel. This wasn't about dealing or weapons smuggling. If she could sense her she could sure feel it as well. Nova was no good at hiding it. Lying may not have been the best option now that she thought about it. Running other scenario in her mind at how this would play out. Trying to be prepared even if it came to a fight. The course needed to run for itself now.

[member="Junko Ike"]

Junko looked at the womana nd moved forward her hands clasped in front of herself. An amused grin on her face she she listened to Nova with a nod of her head. "Well I wouldn't want to keep you." She said it but didn't let any indications come as her eyes looked with good humor. "THough if you should wish to find me again. I will be having some tea down the street, I would love to discuss something with you." She didn't need to do much, going on about the potential of a force user could only really set them up to fall or worse really faiul. She neede dto play it carefully and enjoy some parts of it." The jedi master was moving past and she walked in the kimono making it look more like she was gliding.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova stepped back with her right foot as the Jedi passed by. Not a word being said in response. There was no need. She had offered to talk and said would be nearby. Once Nova had concluded her business maybe she'd go looking for the Jedi. She stuck out like a Star Destroyer on Jakku in this place so wouldn't be hard to find being causal about it. Waiting until Miss Jedi rounded the corner and left her standing alone with her thoughts Nova pondered. Her free hand toying the lightsaber in her pocket. The golden ticket to get back something she'd lost. Or maybe it was the woman who could give her one. There were many possibilities here. "Hmm." Nova slung that bag back over her shoulder and walked away. The Sun moved past the edge of the far alley and cast her back into shadow. She had a meeting.

IP8SAQp.png

Twenty-Seven minutes latter...

Nova laid her hand on the door handle to a cafe, drawing in a breath to ready herself. With two simultaneous motions she entered. It was like stepping into a different world from the outside. Simple, mundane, air conditioning was a nice touch. The Jedi was sitting there alone in a window booth. Tea had already been served for her. Nova stepped up towards her. Stopping close enough that she placed a hand on the back on the empty seat. "Well you peaked my interest and I'll listen to whatever it is you have to say Miss Jedi. Can I have a seat?"

[member="Junko Ike"]

Junko was enjoying her tea, even out here well one could make do as she was joined and motioned with her chin. A small indication to sit before offering a smile and pouring herself a little more tea. "Oh course you can and welcome welcome." A smile was on her face and it was all warm and welcoming, to really see it and whart she wanted to do before the jedi master set her cup down. "I was drawn to finding you, there are not many who can feel the force on this world so it was interesting and then to see well... that you aren't or weren't at leasdt abusing your abilities or potential." She clapped a little with excitement but made it seem like a good time. "So I wanted to learn more about you."

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova grasped the handle of her sword, beginning to draw the blade out of her belt loop. Her eye contact broke as she worked the sword out but she continued listening. She knew who Nova was, or rather could be. Lacked knowledge of her history, beliefs, anything other than one basic but extraordinary fact. That she was a Force User. Nova loosely held the sword with the point to the floor before resting it against the table. Next removing her hat, which was set on top of the table as she took a seat across from the inquisitive Jedi. "You presume Miss... it's hard to keep it a secret for me. I suppose I have a flair for standing out. You presume still though. Uh hmm." Nova rapped her knuckles over and drew up her right arm to rest on the top of the bench. She righted herself to get more comfortable in the pause. "Well perhaps we'll start with names since you want to know more and I'm feeling open to share. My names Nova. Yours?"

[member="Junko Ike"]

SHe looked and was amused... taking in the sight of it all as the jedi master prepared a few other things that the two of them might be able to talk about in her mind. She relaxed taking a sip of the tea as Nova introduced herself so she could in kind. "I am Junko of the House Ike." A bow of her head as she took another sip of the tea. "I am a jedi master within the silver jedi if that means anything." And a few other things but she rarely mentioned being a princess on Atrisia.... it was an honor title for now anyways with the first order and while she didn't really hate them she also didn't really support them. She preferred just letting and leaving it so that Atrisia could prosper.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
"Well to be honest it does mean very little." Nova broke a sly smile. "But you wanted to ask me about myself Junko. And I'm open to discussion within reason. Just be honest with your intentions." Nova had pinned down that intention already. Well nothing could be one hundred percent certain. A Jedi Master wouldn't waste their time if they saw someone with potential. A safe bet to place for her. Nova would need convincing though if that was the case. Sitting back comfortable her smile changed ever so slightly from sly to a warm one. Inviting the Jedi to ask her questions when she was ready.

[member="Junko Ike"]

Junko gave a nod of her head to that. "Well I had hoped they would be clear, jedi masters usually don't take interest in people unless it is something important.... right?" She said it but smiled more amused then she was trying to be cheeky or something... if anything she wanted to feel out this woman and see if she could be joked with or if she was serious and all about the business as it were. Junko could go either way sure but she was waiting for something. "I wanted to get to know you though... a force potential should be nurtured and cared for. With the chance that it can grow into a stronger jedi possibly. THe real question is what is it that you would like to do with your future?"

Nova Tordenbryter

N
"Ah of course." Nova leaved forward setting her left arm to rest her chin on. "You want to recruit me into The Order. That's a path I've been down before..." A finger subtly touched her facial scar. Nova looked low at Jonko's cup of tea. Old thoughts intruded on her. You can never bury these ones deep enough. They can always claw their way back to the surface. "...And failed. My future seems past being a Jedi Junko. Now that you've put me on the spot I've realized..." Nova looked up and locked eyes. "I don't even know what the hell I'm doing past tomorrow let alone my whole future." Nova slid her hand over covering up her good eye and began chuckling. By the Force was she really this pathetically lost. She finished up with a sigh while continuing to hide behind her hand. "Well there's your answer Junko. Ask another, I'm not as busy as I was earlier."

[member="Junko Ike"]

Junko looked at the woman as she was speaking about a past experience with the jedi and how it didn't go so well. Not something she could really do anything about though as she took another sip of tea. "Well I can't speak on your past experiences but normally when one fails within the jedi that do find a purpose within the service corps. It is just as noble." Her eyes though were watching the woman and for those reactions, small expressions that could prove the difference between a lost cause and someone who might one day return or be willing with the right motivation. The jedi master wasn't entirely willing to write off the situation or move on.. she wated to learn and there were mysteries in the galaxy the further you went out into the unknown.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
"It wasn't that I failed some trial or test. I was in training to become a Knight. In a few years at the time I may have had that title granted by the Order. Something else just, happened. Coupled with at the time the Sith stomping The Republics face in. I could have stayed to fight still, but I ran. There wasn't going to be some fallback program. Like so many Jedi who did, I just got to go before the writing was on the wall. Came out to Wild Space and I've been here so long now I've rather gone native." Nova slid down a little lower in her seat. Giving a smirk. A cocky one even. Thinking to herself just how stupid the Jedi and Sith were to be locked up in never ending war. About how she'd broken the cycle for herself by simply moving away. Yet, as her smirk faded from her lips. Nothing had really changed. Just a minute ripple of disruption. All so pointless in the grand scheme of things. Nova would contemplate further had she the time to do so like so many times before. Here in this little tea shop sitting before a Jedi Master. Never had she felt so small. "Let me ask you a question Junko. Why is it you fight for the Silver Jedi. Even after they abandoned Voss and the other worlds of people to the Sith?"

[member="Junko Ike"]

"Because it is needed." She said it while sitting there and looking at the woman. A small raised eyebrow though. "The jedi and sith are always going to fight, they are always going to clash. Yes it can be stupid and dangerous tot he rest of the galaxy but there is few alternatives. The darkside is more then just something of the force.. it is in the hearts of people and their minds. It amplifies their desires both selfish and gross, it makes a person paranoid, jealous, angry. It can do the same to jedi but their goal is self control and to try and rise above the primitive urges not revel in them." She took another drink when waiting to se if they had any other questions.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Junko's words, 'Because it is needed.' Sacrificing so many to continue an endless war. How many were given a choice Nova had to wonder. Growing pale to continue thinking about it she needed to stop, but found she couldn't. Perhaps the Jedi was right in a military sense. You retreat from an untenable position for a better one. They were protectors of the people though. Like she was supposed to be. To the people of The Republic. The ones she abandoned to the Sith when they came. It didn't matter now if the Silvers were ever wrong. Nova couldn't run from the truth anymore. She needed to go back. She'd been playing the pirate, the smuggler, thief, drug dealer, so many other roles a bag guy would be. All to run away and survive. Being a Jedi was something she was once. A life that had value. Nova kinda just sat there for a few minutes. Junko seemed comfortable waiting for her. "Alright Junko, so it's endless war with the Sith. I'll sign up, if you want me to, I guess."

[member="Junko Ike"]

She bowed her head no smile no great celebration. It wasn't something she wanted to make seem like glory or pride. "It can't be easy coming back but I can tell you this. Sometimes it sucks a little less each day if you can manage to help one or two people. Jedi forget that aside from a handful of sith, most soldiers are men, women and children... with fears and thoughts of their own. They are not fanatical monsters you can justify wanting to fight and stop in the galaxy. Some just want to do their duty and then go home to their loved ones. Most jedi now seem to either detach or they find reasons to protect with family. It is very informal compared to some." She said that like a small sour taste was in her mouth. Her blade... her family sword had been crafted by ancient Je'daii in the force wars as a symbol of the ashla and it had survived tens of thousands of years to become a jedi family spread throughout temples. "Just tell me when you are ready. My ship is in orbit."

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova relaxed at her acceptance to join. The Jedi can use all the help they can get after all. She did notice some inflection in her voice at one point but brushed it off. A brewing excitement in her only tempered by one last task. "I can leave tomorrow, late afternoon most likely if you're able to wait that long. I've one last thing to wrap up before I can. Or, I can meet you at any world in Silver territory. We just have to arrange the details. The choice is yours." Nova reached over and grabbed her hat as she was finishing her sentance. Quickly putting it back atop her head with no time in action for the Jedi to reply before she was back to looking like a pirate.

[member="Junko Ike"]

She had a look on her face and that was not an issue, waiting meant she would have a chance to meditate and the jedi master spoke. "If you require some help then I shall be there, meet me and tell me what it is that you need." THe jedi master rose up with a grin on her face allowing her hands to clasp in front of herself. Petite and quiet as she walked towards the entrance and her shuttle to take her back into space. Whatever the padawan needed to do well she could help if able but the Kōgō Heika was in orbit and resting high as she approched the shuttle and her personal guards were alert but it wasn't a threat. Just making sure the shuttle was protected as Junko headed back up to the ships hanger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom