Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taming the Beast (Valx)

Tallia sat in the Lower Sparing Room waiting for her padawan to show up. She tapped her foot impatiently. He was late again, as he always seemed to be for their early morning lessons. She watched through a window at the orange sphere that was Coruscant's sun peek over the tops of the skyscrapers. It always gave her a warm feeling inside, seeing the rays of light illuminate the the sprawling city-scape. She couldn't help but smile, she loved the Jedi Temple, it was always so peaceful and calm, but it was especially so in the waking hours of the day.

@[member="Valx Raizod"]

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
Late again! Valx sprang up from his bed, quickly bathing himself and dressing in his tunic. He hurried through the corridors of the great Jedi Temple. It was very cavernous inside. He often found himself wandering around, but this time, he knew right where he was going. As he hurried through the halls, he greeted fellow padawans and knights alike. Phew, he made it, and only 10 minutes late. Valx walked into the sparring room, silent as a womprat, thinking he'd get the drop on @[member="Tallia Farn"]. He jumped through the air, extending his lightsaber tonfas as he fell. He swung them down towards his master with great force.

"Good morning, master," Valx said through gritted teeth, "Did you sleep well?"

Tallia sensed an attack from behind a split second before she heard Valx's voice. She drew her violet lightsaber and brought it behind her to deflect. She hoped to bounce both lightsabers away and cause her padawan to take a step back. She twirled around to face him.

Good morning Valx" she said is a sing-songy voice. "I slept very well, thank you for your concern." She deactivated her lightsaber and clipped it to her belt. "You sure like to beat up on me don't you?"

@[member="Valx Raizod"]

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
"Well that is fantastic, master," Valx said as he slashed down again.

Valx lunged forward at @[member="Tallia Farn"]. She was incredibly agile and quick, and Valx didn't like it at all. Assuming his offensive position wasn't working, he switched to a more defensive position, raising his tonfas around, so teh blade end was going the length of his forearm.

"So, Master, what will we be learning today," Valx asked curiously.

Tallia sidestepped @[member="Valx Raizod"]'s lunge without reactivating her lightsaber. "A lesson on patience perhaps?" She quipped. Valx seemed to love to run into situations without giving them a second thought. His recklessness would be his undoing if he didn't learn to control it. "No? Well, we can save that for another day. I was thinking today we would work on your defensive stance." She paused for a moment to see his reaction

"You have learned Shii-Cho easily enough, but Soresu is a whole different animal." She continued. "Reacting is not going to be enough, you have to predict your enemy's movements and be ready for them."

Tallia activated and swept her lightsaber in a downward slash, aiming at Valx's ankles. "If you can hold out, you can wear your enemy down and switch to an offensive form."

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
Valx wasn't caught off guard as easily, for a blind man. He swung his lightsaber down at her blade. Hard. He hoped to disarm @[member="Tallia Farn"], and put her at a disadvantage.

"You underestimate me, Master," Valx spoke in a monotonous tone, "I don't think you realize I'm a quick learner. I adapt to survive. It was the will of the Force that I be blinded."

Valx flicked his wrists out and up, towards her neck. His greatest ally was his agility and anticipation of what his foe would do next. Mustering up his strength, Valx sprang his foot toward her abdomen with all his might. If she was winded, that would make for an easier target also.

Tallia brought her lightsaber up to deflect Valx's blow. Sensing the incoming kick, she drew her left hand in towards her body, ready to intercept. Valx's boot impacted hard into her palm, but her right foot, currently positioned behind her, stayed firmly planted on the floor. She gripped her fingers around the sole momentarily before releasing a small blast of force energy to send her padawan backwards.

"Being a quick learner does not diminish your stubbornness." She breathed heavily. "You must unlearn what you have learned."

Tallia took off her robes. She was wearing a cream combat tunic underneath. Valx was undoubtedly quick and agile, but he was still just a padawan. Experience was a fine way to learn, but he needed one on one training too. He lacked focus when he spared with her. @[member="Valx Raizod"]

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
Valx recoiled and shed his white cloak, revealing his starched white tunic. He stood up and Force sprinted towards her, bringing his foot up to @[member="Tallia Farn"] 's temple, accelerating his kick with the Force. Valx then brought his other foot around to the other side of her head, gripping both sides of her head with his feet.

"Let's go, master," Valx said as he somersaulted backwards.

He leapt backwards and drew his lightsabers again, motioning his hand towards his master. He circled around her, flexing his fingers around his hilt.

Tallia brought her lightsaber down on her padawan. Throwing strike after strike in quick succession. This tactic was only a distraction for her real attack. Mid-way through another blow against Valx's lightsabers, She clenched her left fist and sent it directly into the side of his head. She brought her arm back and struck him a second time, then pushed against his lightsabers to disengage.

The reprieve was only to give her a second to breath as she leaped back towards him and began to swing her blade at him again. This time she attacked slower and hit harder, working on breaking down his defense.

@[member="Valx Raizod"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom