Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talon Outpost

Status
Not open for further replies.
27743ce823a75d1690a5edb80c24fde5-d491jdk.jpg

Name: Talon Outpost
Image Source: http://orig04.deviantart.net/33b5/f/2011/249/2/7/27743ce823a75d1690a5edb80c24fde5-d491jdk.jpg
Classification: Army Base

Location: Talon Outpost is located in the jagged mountains of Mygeeto.Most of the base is located underground with only an estimated 5-10% above ground.

Affiliation: Growl

Population: The base is fairly large and capable of housing up to 800 people separated into 2 barracks underground.One barracks which is the largest is for the Military Personnel.The other barracks which is the smallest houses the "other" staff including Engineers,Weapon Operators,Doctors,Cooks,Janitors,etc.On the surface part of the base most of the "other" staff operate but there is a massive hangar that contains room for 175 droids as well as a freighter sized ship.You could fit a Cruiser sized ship if there were very little cargo in the hangar which there usually is as this isn't a storage facility but an outpost and hideout for Growl.Currently there are 500 soldiers stationed at the outpost,300 "other" staff,and the 125 droids.The other 50 droids spots are taken up by Walkers that soldiers from the barracks may enter so they can lead the droids into battle.

Defenses:
- ICE/AEI "White Iron" Shield Generator
- 50 Trat'aab Walkers
- 100 TA2 Super Battle Droids
- 25 M1 Light Walkers
- 2 V-150 Planet Defenders
- 50 Auto Turrets
- 400 FBT-N Multipurpose Mines 200 Anti Armor/200 Anti Personnel spread within a 3 Kilometer radius of the outpost
- 12 Kebii'tra Aranar Automated Gun Platforms
- 8 MH Artillery Pieces

- Dozens of Tripwires and Motion Sensors in a 15 Kilometer Radius around the outpost
- Dozens of Surveillance Cameras inside and outside of the outpost
Points of Interest:
[]The Hangar-Large Hangar capable of holding one Large Cruiser sized ship,15 Tons of Cargo,and 175 Droids.

[]The Medbay-Outfitted with 2 Bacta Tanks and 12 Hospital Beds.

[]Central Command Center-Contains Comm-Relays,Encrypted Communications,a large Holomap,The control of all droids including orders,remote deactivation,and memory wipes.The command center also picks up the Tripwires and Motion Detectors if they are set off.

[] Mess Hall- The mess hall contains enough tables and cooks to feed 250 people at once but typically to keep some space open for emergency evacuation as well as lighten the burden on the cooks only 200 people are fed at once meaning there needs to be 4 breakfast,lunch,and dinner rotations.The meals are decent quality but if you were to ask the soldiers about the quality most would say "It will make a turd".

[]Training Room-This room is meant to be occupied by a max of 100 people at once,it contains various weights,running machines,speed bags,punching bags,and even a sparring ring.

[]The Barracks-The barracks are nothing fancy yet nothing primitive.The barracks are designed to keep morale high by making sure everyone has enough breathing room while at the same time conserve as much space as possible while doing so.

[]The Armory-The armory wasn't the largest or most equipped armory in the galaxy but it did have a few things that the soldiers couldn't carry on them like extra ammunition,extra grenades,backup oxygen tanks,emergency rations,water purification pills,Ion Blasters,HH-15 Projectile Launchers,Hekler'Kok MISS-1 (Mounted Infantry Support System-1),and RD-4 Grenade Launchers with FEX-M3 Nerve Gas Grenades.The armory utilizes code cylinders to ensure that anyone attempting to open the locked Durasteel door has authorization to do so.If anyone approaches the door and gets within 5 meters of it then the cameras will notify members in the Command Center who can then notify the soldiers and droids on station that there is an intruder attempting to access the armory.The Command Center will also be alerted if the cameras mysteriously shut down.
[]The Recreation Room-This was a room simply designed to keep soldiers occupied so they didn't end up wasting thermal detonators to blow up a cave while on patrol.The room contains a nice set of couch's and recliners as well as a variety of holographic films donated by Commander Kyle from The Cardinal Company on Ord Mantell. On.On top of all that the soldiers can help themselves to a VERY limited supply of cigarettes,the supply was limited to 4 cigarettes per soldier each week.Meaning if you were a chronic smoker you better hope someone will let you buy their smokes for credits otherwise you would just have to wait another week.

[]The Detention Center-The Talon Outpost has a very small detention center as it wasn't designed to take prisoners nor does Growl like to take prisoners as it is a sign of mercy and Growl has no mercy,however there are detention cells on the rare occasion a prisoner needs to be taken.The detention center features 4 holding cells and 2 Cryogenic Hibernation Capsules.

Description: Talon Outpost is located in one of the coldest parts of Mygeeto as to decrease the chances of the base being spotted by passing ships,the continuous snow cover and lack of cities where the base was located made it nearly impossible to spot unless you were on the ground and by the time you spotted it the base would have spotted you giving them the choice of killing you or attempting to communicate and have you leave peacefully.The greatest thing about Talon Outpost was the fact there was never "nothing" to do as there was ALWAYS something to do from fixing sensors and tripwires to organizing the armory to even going on short 3 kilometer radius patrols.The Talon Outpost was built to last and I mean last as not only are the mountains very protective of the underground part but the actual underground part is 2 feet of Durasteel thick so you would need one hell of a bombardment to get through...actually you would probably need several.The actual underground part of the base is located 20 feet underneath the surface so you would need to get through 20 feet of rock and soil as well as 2 feet of Durasteel which is quite a formidable task.While the Talon Outpost does have some high quality defenses it is not designed to take on a full stage assault but rather a minor invasion of maybe a few hundred soldiers.The Outpost does get food imported to it but this only happens once every 4 years due to the mass quantity purchased each time.This is done so that the location of the base remains unknown and so that there is little chance for the enemy to catch us with our pants at our ankles.The current soldiers stationed at Talon Outpost are The Crimson Raiders and The Terror Troops.Growl's ship The Vanguard houses The Cardinal Company 2nd Rangers.

Intent: To give Growl and his soldiers a place to rest in peace while waiting for their next assignment from James Justice the CEO of Justice Shipping Ltd.

Well looks good, just a couple things to note:

I do need a development thread for this given how well equipped the base is with all sorts of armaments and the like. 10 posts for this one. That is if you don't already have a dev thread that would apply to this submission.

Second thing is you have some armaments that are not open market. Like the Firemane Ballista Weapon Emplacements, or Hegemonic Automaton TA2 Super Battle Droid for example, though not the only ones - that I don't see a purchase for in their market place thread. If the item isn't open market, you need to purchase them from the company, otherwise they will need to be removed. Just have to simply go into the marketplace, find their storefronts and put in an order.

[member="Growl"]

I will get to this and have it done at some point on Friday but I have to catch a flight right about now and I will return early (really early) Friday.Sometime Friday around evening I should have the edits made.

~Growl

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

The purchases have been made and I will begin the Dev Thread tonight.I will be doing it all alone which will be very interesting but I need this done and some of my associates are still gone for thanksgiving so I have no other options.Anyways I will keep you updated and cheers!

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom