Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC5RYNOt6Tkba6Db74oo9szNGzmxrFdIMtn1d4htecDEFOM-2e1A
(The image was unable to be posted: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.
Credit to PhotoBucket)
Name: Talenspawn (Plural: Same)
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Falleen
Language: Falleen and Basic
Average height of adults: 1.83 Meters
Skin color: Reds, Greens, Oranges, Yellows,
Hair color: Black, or identical to their skin
Breathes: Types I and II
Strengths: Strong and muscular, fast, agile, most have a connection to the force.
Weaknesses: Tribal and Nomadic, cult-like, technology is not very advanced, and least four hundred years behind.
Distinctions: Tribal tattoos, any self inflicted body deformations to show devotion to leaders and idols
Average Lifespan: 500 years
Races: None notable
Estimated Population: The estimation is currently 500,000 and growing... small, but just starting to come into galactic relevance. This is due to the fact that their species came into creation only about 850 years ago.
Diet: Meats, fruits and vegetables from Falleen. Breakfast consists only of fruit, Lunch of Vegetables only, and Dinner has all three categories.
Communication: Comm and Holo communications, messengers are used for more formal purposes
Culture: A nomadic people tribal people, who roam the Falleen Jungles. Some adventurous individuals and cults who want to expand take to space. They are mostly devoted to their creators and the dark side.
Technology level: Average for a tribal and nomadic people, although some break away and join the modern galaxy. Most of the species has integrated modern tech with their tribal ways.
General behavior: A war-like species, the women are usually timid, while the men have short tempers and are violent. Competition is everywhere, be it for mates, food, land, or belongings.
History: The Talenspawn came into existence 830 years ago when Human Dark Jedi, Talen, had children with his Ex Jedi Wife, who was three fourths Falleen and one fourth Mirialan. Their children became the first Talenspawn. After years and years of searching for a mate with the same blood as him, Talen's son had children with the same of his kind. Thus a species was born, after generations, and generations, the Talenspawn became their own distinct species, roaming the jungles and rain forests of Falleen. They religiously worship Talen, his Wife, and their first son, the original Talenspawn.
Intent: My intention for this species is the spring-board of my characters. I wanted to have a unique, nomadic, and tribal species. They all are built around this story and will expand on it.

Interesting.

A few edits, before you can be accepted;

Homeworld means planet of origin, I.E for Wookiees it would be Kashyyyk.

Four hundred years behind the rest of the galaxy, is still ahead of canon, as we're in 858 (or something like that) ABY, just so you know.

Any paticular reason they are in such low numbers? They may have just appeared to the galaxy, but that dosent mean they didn't exisst before that.

You'll need to expand the culture. What is their cultish religion like? Do they have any arts? Who are the leaders of the tribes? hwo did they come into power? Do they worship any gods? There's dozens of thing you could put; be crreative. Remember, you're adding to teh lore of the Star Wars universe.

Also, and prehaps most importantly; that originl 1.) It would take a lot longer then a few hundred years for a distinct species to emerge. 2.) There woudln't be nearly enough breeding stock for a three parts faleen ibe parts Mirilian species to appear. I would sugget either just make yoru character three parts faleen and one part Mirilian, or make it an independant species.

Lastly, intent is why you're making the species, not species intent.

This will be interesting to see shaped into a full submission. Keep up the good work.

[member="the_talenspawn"]

Mrrew said:
Interesting.

A few edits, before you can be accepted;

Homeworld means planet of origin, I.E for Wookiees it would be Kashyyyk.

Four hundred years behind the rest of the galaxy, is still ahead of canon, as we're in 858 (or something like that) ABY, just so you know.

Any paticular reason they are in such low numbers? They may have just appeared to the galaxy, but that dosent mean they didn't exisst before that.

You'll need to expand the culture. What is their cultish religion like? Do they have any arts? Who are the leaders of the tribes? hwo did they come into power? Do they worship any gods? There's dozens of thing you could put; be crreative. Remember, you're adding to teh lore of the Star Wars universe.

Also, and prehaps most importantly; that originl 1.) It would take a lot longer then a few hundred years for a distinct species to emerge. 2.) There woudln't be nearly enough breeding stock for a three parts faleen ibe parts Mirilian species to appear. I would sugget either just make yoru character three parts faleen and one part Mirilian, or make it an independant species.

Lastly, intent is why you're making the species, not species intent.

This will be interesting to see shaped into a full submission. Keep up the good work.

I have taken many of the more minor things into account. In reply to the not having enough breeding stock, would it be deemed inappropriate to say that the children inbred to keep the blood pure? Just looking for a solution.
Thanks for looking at this, I really appreciate it.

Inbreeding woudl tehcincally work, but it would cause major problems in the long run. Any Talenspawn of this generation would probably be born with severe mental limitations, probably born blind, and 90% of children would probably be born stillborn. Just to name a few things. Not to mention the various other developmental and physical issues that inbreeding causes. So that might not be a good idea. xD

I do like this idea, though. Some of the little things, like their eating habits, make them interesting. Will be interesting when it's finished. :D

Mrrew said:
Inbreeding woudl tehcincally work, but it would cause major problems in the long run. Any Talenspawn of this generation would probably be born with severe mental limitations, probably born blind, and 90% of children would probably be born stillborn. Just to name a few things. Not to mention the various other developmental and physical issues that inbreeding causes. So that might not be a good idea. xD

I do like this idea, though. Some of the little things, like their eating habits, make them interesting. Will be interesting when it's finished. :D

This could be used as an excuse for their lower tech level and strange beliefs, ect.

It could, but be warned that 99% of the species would be developmentally disabled, and most of them probably wouldn't live to 20. Every baby would literally be born from the exact same gene pool. Every single member of the species would be either brothers and sisters, or sons and daughters, so the inbreeding wold cause countless ill effects.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this...but...

A serious issue with inbreeding, that extends beyond increased infant mortality and lowered fecundity, is risk of disease. You see, this species would be highly susceptible to a disease that could wipe out what is essentially a species with almost no genetic diversity. And also, [member="Mrrew"] is right, the time span is pretty low to allow for distinct speciation.

[member="Reverance"] - You're actually not supposed to post on other people's Codex / Factory posts, but you're new, you probably didn't know that. Iin the future, if you'd like to help with a species, PM the creator, or the Judge. Ty for the information, though. :)

[member="the_talenspawn"] - What is the status on this? It's been a week. (If you don't give a status in a few days, it'll be archived)

I completely forgot about this. Should've archived it a long time ago.

[member="the_talenspawn"] - Archived due to inactivity. If you come back and want to continue work on it, ask an admin to pull it out of the archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom