Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Out The Trash

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Eric Quill"] [member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"]

((General awareness message: This'll be set closer to the present than previously assumed-- maybe 2-3 months in the past-- so Qyren is 20, and I assume you're all the same ages as your bios, etc. Mantic, this takes place the evening of the day you spoke with Qyren.))

Qyren had finally left her home to get some space and a new perspective on her situation. She had spent the afternoon considering her life and what Master Dorn had told her, only changing tracks to speak with her parents when they got home. They hadn't been pleased to learn the Jedi had visited, especially so long after they assumed the Force users would not be returning, but they couldn't prevent Qyren from understanding the gift she had any longer. She wasn't angry with them; she had never wanted to be a Jedi, had never really desired to leave home before, so it wasn't as if her parents had kept her from a dream. It simply explained little things that happened to her, instincts she had chalked up to luck or chance or good observational skills.

The sun was slowly beginning to set, the light beginning to soften as it always did just before it hardened, the rays sharply outlining buildings and casting their elongated shadows across the ground. Qyren ignored those around her, lost in her own thoughts, and nearly walked into a parked speeder on the side of the road. A quick move and a steadying hand on the speeder saved her, but it was enough to remind her to pay attention to her surroundings as well as her own mind.

"We took in quite a haul from that last set of villages. They're always so surprised when we show up; you think they'd have learned to be prepared for our, uh, 'liberating visits' by now."

Qyren glanced in the direction of the voice as her steps slowed. Whoever it was was out behind the only tavern in town, talking gruffly to their companion.

"Better for us they don't learn. Locals are stupid; it's what make 'em easy targets." There was a grunt of agreement that Qyren assumed came from the first voice. She quietly stepped closer, still out of sight of the speakers. "Shouldn't be too long before dark; we can move the cargo then without any notice. Already bribed the locals to turn a blind eye at the loading docks so we can ship it back to the base with no trouble."

"Couldn't have been that hard to bribe 'em," a third voice, female, countered. "They're used to how we do business out here. Talrio's boys should be meeting us there with their own pickings from their last set of towns." A crude response follow the introduction of Talrio's name, but the woman continued, "We'll ship it all out together; he wants it that way." Qyren quietly shrank back, easing herself away from the conversation as the conversation drifted into cursing the name of Talrio and whatever bad history the two groups shared.

It wasn't difficult to identify raiders when they spoke outright about their conquests. As she put significant distance between herself and the cadre of villains, Qyren tried to think of what else they could have been discussing and came up empty. There were no alternatives to a conversation like that. What should she do though? They had specifically said they had bribed locals; if it was someone who needed to look away while stolen goods were being loaded onto freighters, it could only be members of local law enforcement. Qyren's plan to turn them into the police fell apart right there; all she needed to do was confess her knowledge to the wrong person and she would find herself dead or enslaved and out of the way faster than she could get help. She hated being suspicious of her own neighbors, but her town had grown in the last few years; it wasn't quite as trustworthy as she had believed it to be as a child, even if it still retained much of its rustic manners and charm.

Master Dorn will help. Well, maybe not help. He will listen, though, and take the proper course of action. And, if he won't deal with it himself, he'll be safer going to the police than I would be. He's a Jedi; this is what they do.

He had said he would be at the tavern. Qyren stopped and glanced back in the direction she had come. That meant going back to where she knew the raiders would be, and so she hesitated. It would give her the opportunity to maybe see their faces, know who her enemies were, but she would have to find a way to speak with Master Dorn privately; if they overheard her telling him what she knew, it would end badly, and certainly at least without capturing all of the raiders. At most they could get the ones who were here; the men were speaking as being part of a larger ring, something the locals had known was a fact for some time. To be able to stop not one but two of the raiding parties might at least give whoever provided these men their instructions some cause to stop and reconsider his strategy, if nothing else.

Decision made. Qyren returned to the tavern, entering it with trepidation that she felt but did not show. This wasn't exactly a place she frequented; in fact, she usually avoided it at all costs. At first, she was ignored, most men and women already deep enough into their cups or conversations not to care about someone new entering the room. It gave her the opportunity to look around and determine if Master Dorn was already present or if she would have to speak to the owner to have him send someone to Master Dorn's room to let him know she was here.

Mantic was seated in a corner having an evening meal. It was a stew cooked on local wildlife and a few herbs tossed into it. While the ale was of better quality it was all in all a mediocre experience. Never the less it, it served its purpose and chased away the hunger.

As [member="Qyren Leret"] entered the room Mantic looked up. The young woman had most likely had a difficult time. There was allot to understand and question from their last encounter and no doubt she had come here to seek him out. He raised a hand to mark his presence to her and pushed a chair out for her to find when she came closer.

He tried to control his own curiosity about her decission, but it was hard. Force sensitives that took the traditional jedi seriously were hard to find these days. Regardless, he was as all jedi under strict orders to give herself the choice to decide on her own.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"] [member="Eric Quill"]

Oh good. He was here already and had seen her. Relieved of the burden of having to ask someone to find him for her, Qyren wove her way through the bar with single-minded focus, only needing to dodge one leering man's hands on the way. She didn't even glance back once she had passed him, instead allowing her eyes to roam as she moved. Clustered at one end of the bar counter, Qyren spotted a group that fit the composition of the raiders she had heard earlier; with the exception of one of the men, they looked the part as well. Just before she was caught staring, Qyren averted her gaze from them.

Qyren wasn't so impolite as to begin speaking before she was seated, but the words were bubbling off of her lips as soon as she had pulled her chair in. "Forgive me, Master Dorn. As many questions as I have for you regarding our earlier conversation, a more... pressing matter has presented itself that..." She choked at the last second, unable to speak, but took a moment to breathe and compose herself so she could continue. Jedi did not turn away those in need. "I need your help. If you could, please."

Her eyes again swept over the tavern, acknowledging in passing that several individuals were still paying her mind, though, thankfully, not the group she had come to discuss with Master Dorn. It was as mixed a group as ever frequented this sort of establishment, though she liked to hope that it was not so rough a crowd as you would find in the outer worlds usually. Instinctively, she found the group of raiders with her eyes again before she forced herself to casually swing her gaze back to her table companion.

Mantic's relieved expression was quickly turned into a more concerned one as [member="Qyren Leret"] sat down and presented her actual reason for being here.

While he clearly could see that she was round up he also sensed her restlessness. Something was wrong.

He narrowed his eyes and tracked her gaze as her eyes swept the interior.

"Are your parents alright?" he started prepared to listen.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"] [member="Eric Quill"]

"Yes. They're well, thank you." Qyren looked down at her hands. All three raiders had looked human, so it was unlikely they would hear her over the other conversations in the bar from their position most of the way across the room. Since asking Master Dorn to abandon his meal might be taking things a bit far, she could handle having this conversation here.

"I hope you don't think of me as reactionary, Master, but I overheard a conversation that disturbed me." In brief, she outlined what she had heard, monitoring the raiders in her peripheral vision while she spoke. "They are here now, but they're only a small part of a larger organization. I don't want to do something that would allow the other group to get away, and I have no actual proof that they are raiders other than the conversation I overheard. I was hoping that, since I can't speak with the authorities and can do nothing about this alone, you would be able to help put a stop to these activities, at least where these two groups are concerned."

It was frustrating, being able to do so little. Qyren wasn't ashamed of her lack of skill, but she did wish there was more she could do than just telling the right people and leading the way.

Mantic listened intently on [member="Qyren Leret"] as she described what she had overheard. It was a raiding group that seemed to be operating in the area and he could not neglect his duty to serve here as well.

"If you know where these people are, we should notify the police. But I assume you have a reason for choosing to go to me instead?" he questioned and pondered the situation.

"If you know where they are now I suppose we could go pay them a visit. Although, the best course might be for you not to involved. Once you step toward these sort of actions you will also have opened a door that will be hard to close for the likes of us." he smiled and prepared to rise up.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Eric Quill"] [member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"]
((Feel free to jump in any time, other gents.))

"They said they had bribed an official; I have no way of knowing which of the local officers is on dock patrol, and it would be suspicious to ask." Qyren held out a hand as she saw him brace himself to rise. "Master, until this group goes, there's no way to know where the other group is. We would have to wait and follow them in order to catch both groups in the act."

The raiders, sadly, did not yet appear to be moving. It would be a waiting game for now, and Qyren knew she would not be home in time for dinner. She hoped her parents didn't worry; they would understand that she needed time, though they might not guess what trouble she had gotten up to this time. Qyren signaled the waitress, knowing she would come over in her own time. Qyren might as well eat while they waited.

"Will just you be enough?" Oh, that could be insulting, couldn't it? Qyren hurried to correct herself. "I don't mean... I hope you don't think I'm rude..."

He pushed his bowl of stew to the side and gave [member="Qyren Leret"] a stern eye.

"I can not predict if I am enough for whatever task you are suggesting. But I do know that you are concerned enough that we should not sit idle." he raised a questionable eye-brow as she seemed to prepare to order food.

"If what you say is true we should get moving, no?"

"I--" Qyren lowered her hand and glanced around the bar, momentarily confused by Master Dorn's comment. The raiders were still sitting comfortably in their corner, and didn't seem to be taking note of Qyren or her companion yet. Still, it would be better not to draw attention to themselves, and so Qyren rose to her feet with him. She could always speak to him outside, away from prying eyes and ears.

Perhaps he wishes to get somewhere that we will be less conspicuous when we follow them later. And so she followed his lead, trading the tavern for the warm air of early evening. The light was beginning to fade, but there would be a little time before it was dark enough for the raiders to feel comfortable moving stolen goods. Sadly, Qyren had not heard exactly when that was to take place; this group of raiders would be all the guidance they had.

"We will have to wait for them to lead the way," she pointed out once they were away from the door. "Thank you again, Master Dorn."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

[member="Qyren Leret"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]​
[Sorry for the late reply]
Concept-Art-Atilgan-Asikuzun-King-of-the-Forest-992x625.jpg
A group of tree's bristled in the wind and leaves flew down to the ground like gracefully butterflies as the evening sun slowly descended down through the horizon, letting off a crimson glow through a group of thick and heavy clouds, signifying rainfall that would come later in the night. A figure in a jet black suit and cloak busted through the crowded vegetation, rolling upon the ground before turning around to face it's adversary. A massive scaled and feathered dragon rushed out through the crowded vegetation, knocking over a handful of trees and even more bushes in it's wake. The dragon let off a ear-splintering roar which would be heard from miles around and then it charges, heads thrust downwards in front of it towards the figure.​
In response, the figure whipped out a sword clasped to his back and side-stepped the dragon to the right and slashed the sword in a forwards right motion which carved through the tender and heavy muscular skin of the right side of the dragon's face. The dragon wasn't blinded, but it was enraged which caused it to turn it's head to the right where the figure was and it opened it's gaping jaws and chomped down on the figure's upper right arm and part of the right side of the figure's chest. The thick teeth chomped right through the thick padded leather and metal armor of the suit the figure was wearing like it was a irritating bug. The dragon whipped it's head to the right and left, tearing the flesh, before throwing the figure into a large tree trunk. The figure slumped down against the tree trunk before struggling upwards with the help of both arms and his knee's.​
The figure then stood upwards with a slight limp and dragged his jet black hood back and it laid upon his upper back upon his spine. Now the figure's brown hair and blue eyes were finally revealed as the man grabbed the shotgun that fell from his back when he was thrown into the tree trunk, he pumped the action and grazed his finger along the trigger and waited. The dragon soon charged at him and right before it touched his bloody chest, the shotgun let off a few blasts, knocking the dragon to the ground temporarily. The man then threw the shotgun to the side and picked up his now bloodied sword that had fallen and stabbed it right into the center of the dragon's eye, killing it. The man then slumped over onto the dragon, using it's head as a seat and he kept the sword in the eye.​
"One down, two to go. Man, I need to workout again, I was most powerful during my years as the vigilante 'Onyx' now...a rich life has tumbled that down into nothingness..luckily these 'dragons' or whatever they are make good practice, despite the scars.."

[member="Eric Quill"][member="Mantic Dorn"]

((I haven't heard back from Kenshi, so I'm going to move along. :) ))

They waited. It felt as if the sun sank slowly, but Qyren knew that its descent was no longer than usual. Their position was a short way down the street, safely out of sight of anyone leaving the tavern but with a clear view of the front door. Unless the group exited out the back and took another route, Qyren and Master Dorn would be able to see the raiders when they came this way to reach the docks. She was grateful for his presence; even if they were the only ones, he would be wiser than she, and would be able to tell if the odds were too great. If they were, he could go to the police or send her for them; if not, he would take care of it. In spite of her confidence in this assessment, Qyren still felt butterflies growing in her stomach as she waited for the opportune moment to get their work under way.

"There," Qyren said quietly when they appeared, only one of the men occasionally staggering under the effects of drink. Qyren pulled back into the shadows with Master Dorn, watching the group pass, and then looked up at him, wishing she could better see his face.

She didn't speak as she waited for his move, but wondered, Do we follow?

The night always held a certain dignified rest, a sort of peace for ones mind. At least Mantic felt that way. And he enjoyed standing here next to [member="Qyren Leret"] waiting. She was not trained in the force but he could feel the spark there and it was easy to bond with her. He still hoped for her to reconsider her future regarding what shje would do.
But for now, they had a more urgent matter to see to.
As the raider group passed them Mantic turned his head and nodded toward her.

He walked out from their hiding place and started to follow on a distance. He was no shadow, a shadow would have easily walked more or less among them. But still, as long as they were not force imbued themselves he believed he could remain undetected for the time being.

[member="Eric Quill"] [member="Qyren Leret"]

[member="Eric Quill"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]

As a local, Qyren easily blended into her surroundings without the aid of the Force. Unfortunately, she was a rather conspicuous local, and so she kept herself half a step behind Master Dorn. The raiders didn't seem to be particularly interested in their surroundings at the beginning of their walk, and when the group moved into a less populated area, Qyren signaled Master Dorn to proceed with care by placing a hand on his arm. They were still only two, and they didn't know how many raider there would be. Qyren had heard stories about the Jedi, but she hoped she hadn't put Master Dorn into a situation he couldn't handle.

She glanced around, for the first time in a very long while thinking of Alexander's blaster and thinking of it wistfully, of all things. It would be comforting and helpful to have something at her fingertips to aid in the disposal of the criminals.

If only they didn't have someone on the police force in their employ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom