Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Zonama Sekot off the Map

Zonama Sekot is a powerhouse. I personally am under the impression that because of its unique abilities, it should not be controlled by any faction.

1) It is sentient. No other planet in SW can say this. No other planet has the potential to be controlled or manipulated based on its feelings. All the others are just rocks with stuff on them.

2) It can travel through hyperspace. Even if you can't control the planet outright, you could probably manipulate its "mind" to want to move away from where it currently is. And having the planet incidentally move to another inhabited system could absolutely destroy any neighboring planet's ecosystem, let alone give anyone a mobile fortress from which to launch attacks.

3) It's potential shipyard for living ships could easily be power-gamed. Anakin's connection to the Force caused one of the fastest ships of all time to be built. Who's to say another Force user here considers themselves even more powerful than Anakin and their ship (as designed by Sekot but really as designed by the writer) also has a ridiculous weapons array or overly impressive stealth tech.

While the story potential of the world is not something I think we should simply ignore (huge colony of Yuuzhan Vong, a world that literally breaths, etc.), using the planet as a "game" element has the potential to turn what could just be an "interesting story" into a metagaming nightmare.

Some food for thought:

• In the four years that Chaos has been running, that planet has never once been abused in the ways in which you have described.
  • The planet itself has actually seen very little attention in comparison to the majority of other popular canon planets, least of all in any abusive way. The attention it has seen was very respectful and even reverent of the canon basis for its power.
  • The only person on this forum that has the power to move planets on the map is [member="Cira"]
  • Staff is reactive, not proactive. We will not be removing any planets off the map because the potential for abuse was there.
  • The potential for abuse of this planet due to its power was actually very low until you aired it out in public again.

Sentiri said:
1) It is sentient. No other planet in SW can say this. No other planet has the potential to be controlled or manipulated based on its feelings. All the others are just rocks with stuff on them.
How does this affect the map on chaos other than for story in a dominion or rp there?

Sentiri said:
2) It can travel through hyperspace. Even if you can't control the planet outright, you could probably manipulate its "mind" to want to move away from where it currently is. And having the planet incidentally move to another inhabited system could absolutely destroy any neighboring planet's ecosystem, let alone give anyone a mobile fortress from which to launch attacks.
How does this affect the map on chaos? That planet hasn't moved since it has been placed.

Sentiri said:
3) It's potential shipyard for living ships could easily be power-gamed. Anakin's connection to the Force caused one of the fastest ships of all time to be built. Who's to say another Force user here considers themselves even more powerful than Anakin and their ship (as designed by Sekot but really as designed by the writer) also has a ridiculous weapons array or overly impressive stealth tech.
We already have organic ships, some of which yes, have been due to rich development threads on zonama, but also of various other organic shipbuilders.

For example:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/38165-prowler-class-mesenloras/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/46376-skrii-roik-cruiser-analog/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22824-shimrra-class-coralskipper/

I think my concern was more geared towards the misuse of the planet could be equivalent to a superweapon and that any faction controlling such a world could (not does, but could) have more influence over Zonama Sekot's superpower than any other. However the following:

Lorelei Darke said:
Staff is reactive, not proactive. We will not be removing any planets off the map because the potential for abuse was there.
answers my concern for that misuse. I realize my suggestion is a precautionary measure rather than having a direct example of what has occurred on Chaos already.

Titan

[member="Sentiri"], I saw Zonama Sekot on the map when I first got here. I never gave it a second thought. Even though I knew what it was capable of. I figured that if nobody else was using it enough to justify a Dominion, then nobody saw it as worthy of one. Because other than its abilities listed above it has nothing special about it, its abilities are what it is famous for. Planet's like Corusant, Corrillia, Mandalore, etc. etc. They're special because of their past, and what their inhabitants did. Sekot is famous for its capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom