Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Take a Breath

Teru Challo

Makko's chest rose and fell quickly as he returned to the benches around the sparring arena. The area had been the source of some high drama recently.

After returning from Denon, Makko had been here often. Pushing his body and his mind to the limit to prepare himself. The Sith were gathering strength, the mandalorians were aggressively enforcing their power. He had to be ready if he was going to live up to the title he now held.

He cast his gaze at the blue-skinned man sat along from him. Denon had been a smelting pot of species and cultures, but he didn't actually know what the young man was.

"Hey," Makko said. "Sorry, in the bullshit going down the other day I don't think I caught your name? I'm Makko."

He refused to introduce himself as Knight Vyres.

Teru Challo

T
Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Teru remained silent, taking quiet steps towards the sidelines after dabbing at the cold sensation that made criss cross patterns across his skin.

His eye cover irritating the skin on his brow.

The other male who had broken up the fighting was present, evident by the discordant strings of the force that had made themselves known early on. Especially when the crass princess had commented on a relationship. And potentially being a better partner.

One did not need their eyes to see the anger the man had felt in kind to the comment. And while Teru hadn't done anything to spark such feelings, he was still dwelling on the compliment from earlier.

The towel dabbing at the creased fabric across his eyes when he was spoken to. Turning his face towards the source before offering a smile.

"A pleasure Makko. I am Teru. I don't believe we have met before now." His hands moving to take the cover off his eyes. "Do you mind if I take this off? It needs to dry."

"Er, no, why would I mind? I mean, just no," Makko said.

He was missing something here.

Makko decided that right now, it was easier to stick to fewer words. He was tired out from his own training, exhausted by the chaos that had unfolded and frustrated by Eloise's barbs.

Leaning forward, he placed his elbows on his knees and forced some air into his lungs.

"Haven't met someone who trained with a staff before."

Teru Challo

T
"Some are bothered by another's situation. I keep it in mind when I take off my cover." A simple reply, though the earlier problems had likely flustered Makko more than his question.

Taking the cover off, he blinked, the sharp white of his eyes exposed. Everything was still like staring into a star, and prompted his eyes to shut after a few seconds.

The question making him smile as he turned to reply.

"Wasn't easy, but it has helped me. Unlike a Lightsaber, people feel bad about asking me to leave a staff behind." He chuckled, continuing. "There are places where my sight do not work. Not here thankfully. But having the staff still let's me act on my own."

His hands spreading the cover across his knee before taking the staff and offering it to Makko.

"It's hollow. Kind of. Tapping gives me an idea of what I'm walking on. Where things are."

"Oh."

A single sound revealed a lot. Makko had not realised that Teru was blind and that he wasn't certain how to go about explaining this.

Not that a verbal explanation was required any more.

Makko took the offered staff. He immediately tapped it on the floor with his eyes closed to try and imagine what he could learn from it.

"Only having one type of floor makes this a bit pointless to try," he confessed. "If I can ask...why can't you see in some places?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom